It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies? Any good examples?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have never seen this movie but always got a a weird feeling just at the thought of the name, before anyone states the obvious from the film, let me explain that this 2005 film was released at a time for me when all felt innocent and perfect , yet somehow having just watched the trailer and hear its name "V for Vendetta" sparked a now engulfing flame that hungers to understand and question my humanity overall ( myself being, my life, who I and why).

Maybe no one else felt this way, hell for all I know this movie had nothing to do with any of these things but I will never forget the oddity of the feeling .

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

'they live' is what came to my mind also, even though it was made in 1988 it is , to me, still quite relevant today.
it was based on two sources ...

The idea for They Live came from two sources: a short story called "Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson, originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction in the 1960s, involving an alien invasion in the tradition of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and a story called "Nada" from the Alien Encounters comic book

the writer of the first story originaly called the invading creatures 'reptillians' ...

For a moment the reptilian head dissolved into the face of a lovable old drunk. Of course the drunk would be lovable. George picked up a brick and smashed it down on the old drunk's head with all his strength.

cool! they changed the reptilians to a more alien like creature with more changes coming from the mind of director, john carpenter.

wiki link

tiny url link to 8 o'clock in the morning short story

they live movie trailer...
they live trailer

so, in answer to your question .... write whatever you feel/ want/ can !
others can 'clean it up' or add to it when it hits the big screen.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can anyone think of some conspiracy theories that would be impossible to depict in a movie because of legalities?

Maybe this is a way we could spark ideas... people could give ideas how they might deal with different scenarios. Maybe your own pet theories that you would like to see a movie made of.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies?

Bless your soul, OP, you're a youngster, aren't you?

Well, I'm really glad I was around today.

Always start at the beginning...

The Illuminatus Trilogy

Robert Anton Wilson

There ya go.

X.

Oops, not very recent. *shuffles off with aid of walker*
edit on 1-12-2012 by Xoanon because: sorry wippersnappers

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have heard of Illuminatus.. do you know if they have any characters that seemed to be based on real live specific people??

From what I understand Illuminatus was kind of parodying conspiracy theories... this is dangerous ground for me because I want to let people know that these conspiracies are real. Parody seems to be a good way to avoid the legal stuff but then it defeats the purpose IMO. It truly feels like the legal system is meant to prevent people from revealing these things.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I haven't read it yet, but Agenda 21 sounds good.

Don't discount it because Glenn Beck wrote it, his book the Overton Window was pretty good......also good for this subject.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

Parody seems to be a good way to avoid the legal stuff but then it defeats the purpose IMO. It truly feels like the legal system is meant to prevent people from revealing these things.

You are not going to like this much, I think, but just remember, I am old. I am sure that explains it.

It started as a parody...

The movement was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five, by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830), who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt. It was made up of freethinkers as an offshoot of the Enlightenment and seems to have been modeled on the Freemasons.

The Illuminati's members took a vow of secrecy and pledged obedience to their superiors. Members were divided into three main classes, each with several degrees, and many Illuminati chapters drew membership from existing Masonic lodges.

en.wikipedia.org...

One thing to know is that all sorts of groups form within Masonic Lodges, where do you think that the O.T.O. and the Golden Dawn came from?

It was a parody from the beginning.

These guys started the French Revolution meme about the 'Illuminati', whay should we believe them?

Between 1797 and 1798 Augustin Barruel's Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism and John Robison's Proofs of a Conspiracy both publicized the theory that the Illuminati had survived and represented an ongoing international conspiracy, including the claim that it was behind the French Revolution.

Secret societies, and especially secret societies in the Catholic Church, have always been popular reading.

And it is not really possible to ignore Wilson and move on to the rest of the modern CT community.

It has always been a parody, my friend, it is others, post 1976 or so, that have gotten us all in to trouble with taking it so seriously.

But I guess another way to look at it is that they have kept the story rolling. And that is enough for many that would just like to enjoy it.

Here, OP, here is John Todd, one of the early 'offenders' when it came to spinning tales about the Illuminati that grew in to popular cultural memes...

From the 70s...

I am just going to tell you, OP, in advance; he is making it all up. If you go on to research him you will discover this. I just did not want you to be held in suspense...

edit on 1-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maybe that's Lucifer's whole shtick.. he is parodying god.. And then these groups just follow suit.

Remember though.. all truth goes through three phases...

1st it's ridiculed
2nd it's violently opposed
3rd it's accepted as self evident

That is where people are stuck with the mocking of conspiracy theories as I see it.

Parodying them could work to show the truth if we could ever convince the masses the joke is real. From what I have found there is no doubt it's real. But I understand if others don't see that. That is why i need to write the book.

edit on 1-12-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's another good one for everyone.

From the movie: The Long Kiss Goodnight

Just watch the clip. Since it was made in 1996, it mentioned a lot of interesting things (for the time it was made). Do the research, and you can fill in the blanks on the interesting tidbits that were mentioned in this clip (missing money, foreknowledge of attacks, etc.).

The Long Kiss Goodnight: "Operation Honeymoon"

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

I wrote a story on this forum about Mitt Romney being involved in killing the entire supreme court after being elected....End Zone..that's probably illegal really..

Also, I've worked on concepts where I change names slightly but it's pretty obvious who I'm talking about...actually one was about a character modeled on Bill Gates named Will Goats.

I do this all the time, because it makes me laugh. Say I'm writing a story about Ben Bernanke, George Soros, and Newt Gingrich...I write the entire thing imagining these characters and give them the same background...but name them Sven Svnernanke, Sorge Goros, and Grewt Ningich.

Idk I think it's funny.

Feel free to buy my work when I explode on the scene.

Also, it's important to include a disclaimer like South Park: THE FOLLOWING STORY IS FICTION etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Have you ever published anything though?

See.. my problem is that I feel what I publish will go up as a big time red flag... so if these people catch wind of it they would want to shut it down as fast as possible. This is why I think they have the laws manipulated the way they do.. anyone with anything to lose wouldn't risk it.. and anyone who has no money can't go up against them either because of the legal issues. They probably control all the best lawyers, too.

edit on 2-12-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I recommend the movie, Waking Life (2001).
www.imdb.com...

It's extremely thought-provoking, and it brings to light many issues that people aren't aware of.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just an interesting thing to note. I was told the book The Long Kiss Goodnight didn't have the part added about the WTC. The thing that gets me is why would Hollywood add that clip to the movie? I know the story was completely fiction, and they probably added that scene for entertainment. Probably it was a coincidence, but it makes me wonder how powerful this thing called manifestation really is?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

I know you and many likely won't believe this... but this whole thing is far far bigger than people realize. Truth is truly stranger than fiction.

Check out Fritz Springmeier.

Roseanne Barr said she was abused as a child and had multiple personality disorder.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Read this article and then try to figure out how you can reveal a real world conspiracy involving public citizens.. seems impossible.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but you might want to take a look at the move "The Wizard of OZ" or the book "The Emerald City".
Might surprise you. It's no that recent though. I think the book was written in 1938.
Quad

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Genius! haha

Call me crazy but this is another reason I think copyrighted characters are so FIERCELY protected... imagine the impact it would have if something like this was produced using really popular characters... like superheroes or Disney characters... think of the power of those mediums...

People could then use their own propaganda tools against them.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster

Originally posted by htapath
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Genius! haha

Call me crazy but this is another reason I think copyrighted characters are so FIERCELY protected... imagine the impact it would have if something like this was produced using really popular characters... like superheroes or Disney characters... think of the power of those mediums...

People could then use their own propaganda tools against them.

Exactly...

And there would be plausible deniability because it would still be considered fiction.

edit on 2/12/2012 by htapath because: I did not have sexual relations with that woman

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Do you mean if I made a fictional story with superhero characters or the like that it would protect me if I was trying to implicate known people?

This is something I am still nervous about.. that article I posted above seemed to say that if the general population saw the connection between our fictitious character and the real world one they could sue you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join