It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies? Any good examples?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by htapath

Do you mean if I made a fictional story with superhero characters or the like that it would protect me if I was trying to implicate known people?

This is something I am still nervous about.. that article I posted above seemed to say that if the general population saw the connection between our fictitious character and the real world one they could sue you.

I honestly don't know.

They make up the rules as they go along, anyway. I imagine any such effort would be tied up in a legal battle until you either ran out of resources or mysteriously disappeared.

Your nervousness seems well founded from where I'm standing. But if you want to give my idea a go, I'll play Gilligan.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Who is playing Ginger and Marry Ann.. that is what I am most curious about.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by htapath

Who is playing Ginger and Marry Ann.. that is what I am most curious about.

Picks up coconut megaphone:

Calling all sexy conspiracy theorists!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Strangers by Dean Koontz,though its from quite a few years back..Dark Rivers of the Heart,Fear Nothing+sequel Seize the Night.All this writer's work is worth taking a look at.Something bout that guy..and a really good person,too,i have experienced his kindness personally.A very aware, informed person.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tru3NugMaster
I have never seen this movie but always got a a weird feeling just at the thought of the name, before anyone states the obvious from the film, let me explain that this 2005 film was released at a time for me when all felt innocent and perfect , yet somehow having just watched the trailer and hear its name "V for Vendetta" sparked a now engulfing flame that hungers to understand and question my humanity overall ( myself being, my life, who I and why).

Maybe no one else felt this way, hell for all I know this movie had nothing to do with any of these things but I will never forget the oddity of the feeling .

Definetly a star for this ~!

yea.. I could never watch it enough.. so much metaphore in that .. sheeesh..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
you should read.... The Illuminatus! Trilogy..... im not saying it's a real world conspiracy but it will definitely give you some ideas... i have read it several times it is rather hilarious and has a whole load of conspiracy references

the illuminatus trilogy
edit on 4-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Thanks man! This thing is so confusing how to approach it though.. I have been considering reading the Illuminatus series but I am a little afraid of how it might influence me. I don't want it to skew the story that is already in my mind but it could also help me tell my story. Conflicted...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join