It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies? Any good examples?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am looking for good examples of people using fictional stories to reveal real world conspiracies.

Does anyone here know of any good recent fictional stories attempting to reveal real people involved in conspiracies?

I have a story I want to document but it is very difficult to navigate the legal minefield. Are there any tricks these fictional writers use?

For example. I want to combine several researchers who have written non-fiction books into one character and use that person as a way of educating people on the things learned in their books and the processes they went through.. but this could be sticky. Do I need permission from the writers even though I am not using their likeness. I would be using info they personally discovered.

I also have a problem in that this story jumps around to different eras and connects seemingly unrelated events.. so I need some methods used to make a dramatic story that ties these things together.. again.. any tricks people can think of for doing some kind of conspiracy related story like this?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Santa is real until you find out one day that it's your parents?
maybe?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was thinking of something along the lines of The Da Vinci Code..... but something that was trying to show real people in our present society involved in the conspiracy.

But to do it in a way where you couldn't get sued or to do it in a way to prevent the powers that be from getting the movie taken down before people could see it.

edit on 30-11-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

Well South Park is really good at doing this.
I would research South Park episodes for good ways of doing this perhaps.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The potential problem there is that people may not take it seriously. I like the Tom Cruise coming out of the closet approach, though.

I wonder if South Park dealing with conspiracies could have the opposite effect though - maybe it could desensitize people from conspiracies? I am not that familiar with the show, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'll be the one to say the obvious. Dracula...back to Vlad himself...and tied to the real life conspiracy of Vampyres.

err... maybe not after reading the second part of the op more carefully... It wouldn't relate to real people specifically like that I suppose. Hmm.. nvm
edit on 30-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
The potential problem there is that people may not take it seriously. I like the Tom Cruise coming out of the closet approach, though.

I wonder if South Park dealing with conspiracies could have the opposite effect though - maybe it could desensitize people from conspiracies? I am not that familiar with the show, what do you think?

Definitely. However, you could just use the way they introduce concepts and maybe you could not give it such a juvenile touch.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I am looking for good examples of people using fictional stories to reveal real world conspiracies.

I have one....The Bible.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is it true Tom Cruise got them to stop showing that episode though? I don't know if that was a rumor or what...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I have one....The Bible.

haha Nice. The only problem there though is that it was likely "grandfathered in" legally. haha

Oliver Stone's JFK is a good example but I think a lot of people involved were dead by that point. They could use court records to illustrate things as well. I am looking for methods to show things going on right now and not get sued by the people involved.

There is that movie Primary Colors but they revealed personal info and they could say all politicians cheat on their wives not just Clinton. It was pretty universal stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Game of Death starring Bruce Lee is the story of a actor (Lee) who a entertainment industry type mob named the syndicate tries to strong arm Lee's charetcer Billy Lo into signing a contract with them to own a percentage of the money he makes, the funny thing is that this was not Bruce Lee's orginal concept for the movie but he died in the middle of filming it and then they took Lee's footage he already shot and used stunt doubles to complete the movie and take it in the direction it went....

But when you here stories of people like Randy Quaid talk about a similar entertainment industry type mob and with movies like LA Confidential i have no doubt that these types of things exist or have in the past.

edit on 30-11-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The Materease Circle. Spelled wrong. By Robert Ludlum.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh man do I ever have one for you. Dragonball.

Goku thwarting the Red Ribbon Army, led by Commander Red and Commander Black.

The Red Ribbon Army went around the world, killing innocent people, enslaving leaders of villages all because they had the military power. It is a prime example of what is happening in america and what is to come.

Commander Red represents the Republican side of the war (Romney) And Commander Black represents Obama.

What ends up happening is General Red ends up losing control of the Red Ribbon Army to Commander Black, Very similar to what is happening now.

dragonball.wikia.com...

In this video the army attacks a random persons house with military force in order to retrieve what they are looking for. In this case its the dragon balls, but in our case, well, I cant say for sure, but my guess is guns.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar

But when you here stories of people like Randy Quaid talk about a similar entertainment industry type mob and with movies like LA Confidential i have no doubt that these types of things exist or have in the past.

edit on 30-11-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

You make great points. But the problem in my situation though is if I was that vague people would never understand who I think is really involved. But maybe there is no way to do that without getting in trouble and them shutting the movie down? I was hoping there might be some really sneaky stuff that could be done.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
The Materease Circle. Spelled wrong. By Robert Ludlum.

Thanks. I will check it out. Here it is - The Matarese Circle: Robert Ludlum

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
2001: A Space Odyssey. I feel like the Shard/Tower, if real, are the basis for the monoliths in the book and movie.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"they live" by john carpenter...fictional story
i loved the lil drone in the alley...drone
perhaps more closer to non-fiction then we can see
without the sunglasses or contacts

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Maybe you can show the Vice President blogging on his computer, logged onto his secret ATS account, chatting about his "prediction" of some kind of impending doom.

Cut to the next scene of the Vice President in a control room organizing a false flag, thus fulfilling his ATS prophecy and increasing his fame as an Internet Guru.

Cut to the President telling the country that we're going to find the responsible parties and "smoke em out" etc..

We see the Vice grimacing in the background...

Cut to hot woman getting out of the shower

Cut to Vice President walking into a gay bar...
edit on 1-12-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastrolGTX
2001: A Space Odyssey. I feel like the Shard/Tower, if real, are the basis for the monoliths in the book and movie.

That is an interesting example. I saw some site talking aobut 2001 and Kubrick and I thought they showed how on one of the ships if you looked really close on the film it had a swastika on the ship or some German WWII insignia. Don't know if this was legit or not though.

There is a part in the movie where they say the public couldn't handle the info so they won't tell them but it's so low key most peopel don't even realize it's in the movie. haha

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The movie, "The Shining", by Kubrick, reveals clues about the Apollo 11 lies

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join