It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine rejoices after recognition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
weaselzippers.us...

www.usatoday.com...

Ahead of the vote, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch filed an amendment to a defense bill that would eliminate funding for the United Nations if the General Assembly changes Palestine's status. "Increasing the Palestinians' role in the United Nations is absolutely the wrong approach, especially in light of recent military developments in the Middle East," he said in a statement. "Israel is one of America's closest allies, and any movement to strengthen one of its fiercest enemies must not be tolerated."

so does this mean that the united states is now going to cut off all funding for the united nations?

and that isreal will be adding more sanctions as well as possible ones from the united states as well?

seems this might end up going badly for them in the short term at least but we shal see

www.washingtonpost.com... this link clears it up abit it cuts off all funding for any UN agency that recognizes palestine as a state
edit on 29-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

No need to worry seeing how the UN will be getting all this new money from Palestine.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
So the palestinians are now recognized as a state, but because of their rocket bombardment they were denied U.N. membership. Sounds bout right.

Then shouldn't the Israelis lose their membership due to all the children that have been melted with white phosphorous??

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So can I buy a verb, and possibly another noun, for this thread title? I'll trade stars and/or flags for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
emaii]reply to post by TheHammer22

A link you may find interesting. mondoweiss.net/2009/04/wait-the-un-did-not-create-israel.html

As for the world Bank, do you think for a minute that they are jumping at the chance to loan them money?

edit on 29-11-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

Them being recognized as a state by the UN WAS conditional for much of the land that was demanded by the jewish congress.

And yea, if the world bank lends to a nation that drops white phos on children, then they should be willing to lend to a people that are demonized for defending themselves and resisting occupation.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHammer22

Agreed, any nation that has killed a child during war should lose there status as a nation. That's one sure way to do away with the UN.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

how exactly and from where? as it seems that the united states threatened abbas with economic and other sanctions if they went to the U.N for this,now i guess we wait to see the size and scope of the sanctions to find out how serious a statement it was on the matter at least from a united states perspective

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Sorry for the confusion I was attempting to make a joke

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

no worries i figured u might know something i didnt know as the whole economic part of all this confuses me i can see how they view it as a victory but it seems that they are gonna also get alot more hardship over the issue least thats the vibe i get.hopefully the news tomrrow will be more clear on what exactly this all means in the long and short term

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The only people who have demonstrated a tendency toward ethnic cleansing, are the Israelis.

Really?

The only people?

Haven't been paying attention to what has been going on in Africa for the past 60 years?

Everytime Hamas fires a rocket that has been paid for by Iran is "ethnic" cleansing.

Considering that the Palestinians are arabs that accounts for over 300 million of the worlds population and who has quite the "little empire".

en.wikipedia.org...

Comparison the Jewish population:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what was that again about "ethnic cleansing"?
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i]reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Over the last year in the ME we have seen events transpire in such a way as to put pressure on Israel to come to some type of agreement with Palestine over nationhood.

Having said that, anyone care to bet that the US and Israel are the largest donors of money to any future Palestine nation?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We have to realise that the Palestinians were essentially invaded to begin with. They lost land and they wanted it back. Now that is FAIR. So why should they have to join the UN. The Jewish claimed that land and branded it under Israel. Now they think Gaza is evil? Because they want their land back.

When imperial Japan went around invading other countries they entered a war and had an atomic bomb dropped on them.

What makes Israel the ''good guys''.

And i think thats what the image of the UN is about. Because Israel is part of the Un they are ''good guys''. And therefore Palestine must be evil because they don't belong to a useless organization.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The only people who have demonstrated a tendency toward ethnic cleansing, are the Israelis.

Really?

The only people?

Haven't been paying attention to what has been going on in Africa for the past 60 years?

Everytime Hamas fires a rocket that has been paid for by Iran is "ethnic" cleansing.

Considering that the Palestinians are arabs that accounts for over 300 million of the worlds population and who has quite the "little empire".

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I kinda assumed you realized I was talking about the Levant. You wont need to tell me about Darfur, my cousin is a Dutch merc, and was there.

And no, even the UN realizes that Palestine has the RIGHT TO RESIST OCCUPATION. And even the USA asks Israel to return to pre 1967 borders.

And since when is killing three people considered "genocide"? I can understand 150+, but not 3.....sorry, mabey you want to try again???

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHammer22

So the palestinians are now recognized as a state, but because of their rocket bombardment they were denied U.N. membership. Sounds bout right.

Then shouldn't the Israelis lose their membership due to all the children that have been melted with white phosphorous??

Considering that the PLO, and its later incarnation as Hamas/PA declares war in its founding charter, no. The arab world has been at war with Israel off and on for 60 years. Lets not forget the jewish kids who get blown up in restaurants by brainwashed palestinian muslims.

Quit pretending that these people are "good". They certainly weren't good when Muhammad was roaming around putting everyone who refused to submit to him to the sword, children included.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
i]reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Over the last year in the ME we have seen events transpire in such a way as to put pressure on Israel to come to some type of agreement with Palestine over nationhood.

Having said that, anyone care to bet that the US and Israel are the largest donors of money to any future Palestine nation?

And they should. They were both complicit in the ethnic cleansing and institution of apartheid policies.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Blah blah, Israel is one of americas closest allies. Blah blah.

Israel only been around for 50 something years.... F U europe (LOL)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHammer22

Considering that the PLO, and its later incarnation as Hamas/PA declares war in its founding charter, no. The arab world has been at war with Israel off and on for 60 years. Lets not forget the jewish kids who get blown up in restaurants by brainwashed palestinian muslims.

Quit pretending that these people are "good". They certainly weren't good when Muhammad was roaming around putting everyone who refused to submit to him to the sword, children included.

OH PLEASE!!

Are you so unread, that you have never heard of the Lehi? Stern Gang? Irgun?

KIng David Hotel?

Lord Moyne?

USS Liberty?

Im just happy that my opinion is shared by much of the Earth, and yours is pushed by people who think God gave Israel to the Jews as a reward for smashing the heads of infants on the walls of cities they stole. A common narrative for these people....

Come on buddy...ill let you try again.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Really?

The only people?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

That is an excellent comparison.

What it tells me is that there are just as many Israeli's in America as there are in their own country. What other nation can say that?

That one fact alone shows where a lot of their influence on our national politics and world relations stems from. It is not just their military muscle and money, but their population.

There is no other nation which garners the same support as Israel from USA. That is a dangerous relationship especially when Israel likes to flex their muscle so often. USA also flexes so having both cooperating to overthrow nations or assassinate enemies will inevitably lead to large scale retaliation.

As your graph shows, there are far more Arabs than Americans or Israeli's. Even if they launched Arabs instead of rockets they could beat them unless Israel decides to nuke the middle east. If that happened ALL OF THEM would live in America instead of only half.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You wont need to tell me about Darfur, my cousin is a Dutch merc, and was there.

Well then why was this comment made eh?

Clearly someone knew better to make it, and clearly ideology won out over common sense, but hey

Whatever Isrealis evil Paelstinians are "angels" and all that rubbish.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join