It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I tend to think God is real, as a common driving force existing in all of the universe with a preconcieved plan for how the universe will play out.

I also think it is pretty likely that humanity has interacted with ET's throughout it's history.

Nature, does not exclude these things. But I realize your intent is to characterize this interpretation of origins in the way of science, without a conscious driving force.

My answer would be God if picking from the three....qualifying it by saying God and Nature are the same thing, which would also be the fundamental factor in alien life as well.

Why do I think this way? I don't know, probably something to do with Hollywood.
edit on 11/28/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Awesome Thread.

From primordial ooze, To Nuclear weapons.

Big Bang ?

Who lit the fuse?

Too many questions, not enough answers. Personally, I believe that the one who lit the spark, is still out there, albiet has left us to our own devices....Watching......Waiting......

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What about an Ancient Alien God borne of Nature?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
upper view:: there is a logical simple answer ! so if one believes in one God the creator then any aliens or worms or genetics or any other parameters which might have an impact anywhere anyhow is emanated from the only God. so the first and the last answer is the only God !!! how !??
so if God has created everything including universe and has given freedom to humanity to decide and has given him wisdom to think and it's genetics as well then what would humanity or mother nature or aliens mean !!!! this is a game which the first and the last of it is just the only God. and winner or losers are humans depended on their own decisions.

medium view:: and aliens. I do not believe and there is no evidence of aliens from Mars ! but who are those aliens !! those who Pharaohs made pyramids to reach them or most of those who people called gods those who they would sacrifice for. do you remember the story of Solomon and demons !!! that is an evidence. surely those creatures have had influence on humanity. and the more famous is the Lucifer !!!!!!

low view::Human the most sophisticated creature in this world. with it's huge capacities. and with all freedom it has.
no doubt that itself has had the most impact on what we are witnessing today. good or bad.

edit on 28-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

That isn't that odd of a question considering the topic.

Some see Nature as evidence of Gods work and if there are Aliens then who created them and their worlds?

edit on 28-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

it is a vicious circle

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

another great thread slayer!

see your karma points? 666

my vote is aliens, millions of years ago, not thousands but millions!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All three, but mostly aliens. I go with the Annunaki theory (although I'm always open to new info), but nature does influence us and everything in the universe is connected with God.

Why are there carvings of planes and helicopters on ancient pyramids and in ancient temples (listening to the disinformation agents trying to debunk this one is funny - "uh, it's a messed up hieroglyph...or somethin. Duh.") How did ancient man managed to hollow out a city underground that could hold 20,000 people? The slave labor theory of the pyramids is utter crap, and some ancient pyramids (40,000 years old+) have individual blocks that couldn't be lifted by the most powerful crane we have today.
edit on 28-11-2012 by orgone4444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And many ancient texts (the Vedas for example, and I'm pretty sure the bible does too, but definitely many others) mention antigravity flying craft, and the Vedas even talk about how to build them...some of the descriptions require parts we don't have today!

Many of them mention aliens too.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Some see Nature as evidence of Gods work and if there are Aliens then who created them and their worlds?

There would never be an end to such a question. Who created them?
It would have to be eternal.. which is why I never stop believing the universe has always existed and will never stop

Usually i'm not one to think beyond in terms of what's physical and evident,
but the more we delve into this topic the more dimensions and **"extra-time" become necessary.
**beyond or outside time, I don't think there is a word for what i'm trying to convey.

I would think that 'god's' creation would have been a subconscious act in the same way we dream when we sleep.
Not a will, but a NATURAL act.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And then there's Zacharia Sitchin and the impressive evidence he's found for alien involvement.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I could say quite a bit about this. What I will say is that in the end there will be one truth and only one, for everyone to realize. And we will all come to know what that truth means.

SnF
edit on 28-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A very large order you ask here Slayer, I very much enjoy the very thought provoking thread, as heavy and deep as this goes, I will try my best to keep things fairly breif and to the point. As I could go on and on about this one topic for hours on end, and write about 10-35 pages on this one subject, and still find more to say.

I will leave God out of this, as that encompasses far to wide of a brush stroke here, and covers more of a universal meaning. Not to mention everyone has their own idea to what God is, or is not.

Ancient Aliens and mother nature in my humble feeling must go hand in hand at some point. I tend to like to marry the two together. As both sides very much make their points, yet rarely do both sides like to come together, and understand they are both wrong, and both right.

I happen to feel the program Ancient Aliens is a VERY far stretch, and discredits the labors of Ancient man. However I do agree Ancient Aliens did have a hand in our being here. Yet the program values to much disinformation, and does discredit mans creative ability to do so much back then. They where not just stone men living in caves, and unable to do great things with massive amounts of people, and animal power.

Mother Nature is part of human nature. And our human nature has not changed all that much, even though our lives have changed due to the tech we live with in this day and age. So much has changed since I was a kid.. Yet nothing has changed in the grand scope of history repeating itself, and the power structure that fools so many into thinking a people has freedom, or choices. (So easy to get off topic on this one.)

I just know we do not have the answers we seek at this point. Knowledge is power. And that power is kept under wraps, what ever that truth may be.
There are point of view truths, there are perspective truths. Yet there are solid truths, and these are the truths hidden by the hands that own, and horde all the wealth in this world. Those in power horde Wealth, so its safe to assume they are also hoarding knowledge. Occult knowledge that you can no longer find in books, as these books are locked in deep vaults, or have been burned by winning armies.

One thing is for sure on this.. It brings much debate, and people are steadfast in wanting to know the truth. Yet the only truth to this, is we do not know. And its one of the things in this world, that serves to divide us, and create off set religions, and zealot belifes. It brings the moderate thinkers, and men of science, and men of the cloth at ends with eachother. Each with their own set value system, that does not allow them to agree on much.
This shows me a form of controled knowledge, and a divide in our logic system.
We are on this repeat set loop. A repeating logic that does not end, it loops and repeats.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wanted to thank everybody for participating so far.
Many great contributions. I knew had some great minds

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Technically correct on all three.

God would be 'alien' to humans (as a spirit being) and he used earth's materials to produce us so the earth is technically our mother (physically at least).

So i short crude answer to a very complex question is...... Yes!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
to iterate what a few other posters have stated... i do not believe the three concepts (even in our limited human understandings of them) are mutually exclusive.

to illustrate: my 6th grade class is studying the Fungi Kingdom, and we have learned that a mushroom spore can survive in space (Alien). the fungi kingdom is an integral part of our ecosystems (Nature). and there are powerful properties of mushrooms that are both healing and shamanistic (God). some have theorized that the "fruit" from the tree of knowledge was indeed a mushroom.

i'm not saying the answer to all is "mushrooms".
but this example illustrates how these three concepts are intricately and intimately woven... just like the mycelium of a fungus!

oops... there i go again.

thanks as always, OP, for a thought provoking thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I understand that inaccuracy may be a bit harsh as we are talking about a time scale of billions of years and in some instances carbon dating is only with a deviation of plus or minus a few tens of thousands of years, which in the grand scheme of things is not to bad....I am also aware of other dating techniques used to determine the age of locations of interest and such, though the confidence still seems to be far from 100%.
Very little is 100% in life, but dating techniques are right up there. Given the right provinience, there aren't too many gaps. Also, the cardinal rule is "One Date Is No Date".

But carry on, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Usually i'm not one to think beyond in terms of what's physical and evident,
but the more we delve into this topic the more dimensions and **"extra-time" become necessary.
**beyond or outside time, I don't think there is a word for what i'm trying to convey.

"Extratemporal" seems to fit nicely. Use it enough, and they'll have to put it in a dictionary!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You took the words right out of my mouth,I also believe that all 3 have contributed to human development .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am new to ats so i just want everyone to know how much i like thier opinions. This topic is something i have given much thought to. I personally wonder if god and alien influence may not be one and the same. Nature has no doubt played a major role.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join