It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the world ignoring the Congolese war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

why is the world ignoring the Congolese war?

edition.cnn.com

The U.N. has labeled the DRC, Africa's second largest country, as the "rape capital of the world" because of the pace and scope of the use of rape as a weapon of war by proxy militia gangs fighting for control of Congo's easily appropriable and highly valuable natural resources, destined for sale in Europe, Asia, Canada and the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.ca
www.google.ca
edit on 113030p://pm3025 by Spike Spiegle because: title

edit on 113030p://pm3023 by Spike Spiegle because: title

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While most of the world looks towards the mid east and China, once again we ignore the dark continent....

Congo has a huge population of over 72 million, to put that in perspective my own country Canada the 2nd largest nation on earth after Russia has but 30 million.

I think it's high time we pay more attention....

The United States government should publicly support sanctions against Rwandan officials backing the armed group M23, which has been responsible for widespread war crimes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo

edition.cnn.com

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
my own country Canada..........

The United States government should.....

Not that I disagree but why mention you're Canadian then say we should "pay more attention" then say what the US should do? Why didn't you as a Canadian start off with what your own Government should be doing?

I agree, the US should and could do more but you realize we would be damned if we do and damned if we don't.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Same reason they ignored the Rwandan Genocide.
It doesn't directly relate/hurt them. If it doesn't benefit a country, why would they go and actually help another country?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

They world is waiting for it to become elevated enough to either;

A: Require the use of outside forces to "Quell" The current situation.

B: Create a large enough distraction, to hide other acts elsewhere. If things get real rough in the Congo, the world will pay attention to that while the US or other western powers go on another oil crusade.

That or it's,
C: Another externally motivated war funded by the western world, using foreign forces to cause trouble or over throw government/existing infrastructure for a predetermined Agenda. It likely isn't getting attention, so that tracks can be covered.

*Tinfoil hat....... Offf... *

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's pretty easy.

We ignore it because those dictators play ball with the world financial organizations.

If there's one thing that globalists are good at doing, it's manufacturing conflict. For their own gain. Mostly when nobody is watching and especially when everybody is.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, the US should and could do more but you realize we would be damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I agree. If you go help you will be called the world police and who asked you, but, if you don't, it will prove that the only wars the US gets involved in are self-serving interests.

I have accused the US of both. I realize this now. I think we as a world, have to start standing up to this war mongers that would like to kill people for the sake of killing/rape of natural resources/to have power. I don't have much faith in the world though, to do something like this.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I agree Slayer.

I simply used America as an example because I believe her to be the strongest nation on earth at present time.

Canada should also step up to the plate and do what ever we can.

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Because Canada has secretly run the US since the war of 1812... Ho ho, I said it. New conspiracy no one has thought of. No one suspects the Canadians, they merely look like they follow the US. It's the perfect ploy, pretend to be the follower when you're in charge. Ol' switcheroo.

Jokes aside, I think he is saying it because the US dips it's finger in every other resource rich nation who seems to have some sort of conflict going on. Could be they don't want to risk fighting with the Africans and looking bad. The US really loved it's slaves back in the day, could still be afraid of mucking things up. That and don't a lot of very valuable resources come out of Africa destined for the US? I bet if they get compromised the US will be involved.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

In your avatar are you sucking on a Tear Jerkers candy?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If America were to get involved, it'd be labeled "American Imperialism".

If America ignores it, then it's thought of as "Not paying attention because of lack of rescources, politics, etc."

We should all just sit down and determine WHAT we're going to damn America and the West for.

Then go on from there.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

For the sake of your curiosity it's my conspiracy face. Everyone should have a conspiracy face..

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Congo has always been messed up, Spike my friend.

I had to do a research paper back in 8th grade and you wouldn't believe all the crazy stuff that's been happening since the King of Belgium decided to occupy it.

Of course, like many have stated, we could help them, but what does Congo have for us to use...aside from a rare mineral used in making cell phone batteries...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
USA literally can't win on the world stage, if they intervene they are playing world police and many people around the world will say "STAY OUT" and if we do nothing we get looked at as the country who doesn't care... Talk about being damned if you do and damned if you don't......
edit on 27-11-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

On this we agree somewhat.
Good, bad or indifferent.

The US does have unique abilities and assets. Whenever they are used however no matter what the cause. Whenever somebody dies [For whatever reason and you know somebody always does] either due to US action or inaction both directly or indirectly it get's smeared all over the media whether it's warranted or not.

In situations like that I wish the EU/China/Russia would get off their rears and help out more often. Usually it's their interests we go to bat for

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Oh I believe, I am well read, when it comes to 19th and 20th century colonial and systematic rape of Africa by the European powers...

This the man you are speaking off?

King Leopold

Yes a true monster.

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

While most of the world looks towards the mid east and China, once again we ignore the dark continent....

Congo has a huge population of over 72 million, to put that in perspective my own country Canada the 2nd largest nation on earth after Russia has but 30 million.

The United States government should publicly support sanctions against Rwandan officials backing the armed group M23, which has been responsible for widespread war crimes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo

edition.cnn.com

Not only is it impossible that Canada is second largest because of plenty of countries with more than 30 million, but it's impossible even in the context of your own words.

1 Russia 2 Congo 3 Canada

72 million > 30 million.

You might want to reword that a bit.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why the world is ignoring the congo war?

Because they love the middle east more and their evil zionist hunt.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Jokes aside, I think he is saying it because the US dips it's finger in every other resource rich nation who seems to have some sort of conflict going on. Could be they don't want to risk fighting with the Africans and looking bad. The US really loved it's slaves back in the day, could still be afraid of mucking things up. That and don't a lot of very valuable resources come out of Africa destined for the US? I bet if they get compromised the US will be involved.

You know...

3 of the 4 largest economies on the planet have been very active in foreign aid while their economies were blooming. Germany, Japan and the US.

China?
I hear crickets.

Couple that with the fact that China is one of if not the largest investors in Africa. I haven't heard a peep out of them about this mess either.

Those crickets are getting worn out imho

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I meant in size, not population... clearly.

here's a link for you friend

Congo pop. 2012

SS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join