It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying grandmother seeing spirits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Maybe worth checking what kind of medication she is being given. Sometimes they give old people medication to calm them down that has funky effects.

The story of the little boy reminded my of my friends Grandpa before he died he said he would see a little boy in his room and a light shinning in too.. He was a about 96 when he died too...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
Does anyone have an expert opinion regarding what my grandmother is experiencing? Is she seeing spirits, or is this dementia?

As a self described expert on this subject
, I can tell you that your analysis is correct. It could be a genuine connection to the "spirit realm" or whatever you would like to call it, or it could be pure hallucinations. There is really no way to tell either way, and there is no reason to be worried about it at all!

Your grandmother will be fine either way, I promise you that.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Riposte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

That is very beautiful.
Thank you!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hello BluAjah. First of all i hope her passing is peaceful.

I studied this first hand when my Dad died with cancer, it took him a year to die, and he never complained once.
About a week before he passed on i noticed he started pointing to the left side bottom of the bed, and seemed quite agitated.
He seemed to be telling someone off, bollocking somebody, this happened on more than one occasion, and he seemed quite lucid.
My Dad was sitting up, and looking to the left of the bed, and i said to him "What are you looking at Dad?", and he replied "Keith", now "Keith" was my younger brother who committed suicide some years before, and i figured my Dad was Bollocking him for committing suicide.
Keith must have placated my Dad because he smiled, and his gaze shifted to the right side of the spirit of "Keith, and he smiled.
I assume it was either the spirit of his Dad, and Mum, and the spirits of my two dead sisters, he kept nodding, then laid down with a smile on his face.
That's all i'm prepared to tell you but i think you have the general picture, and it's not the first time i have heard of this happening.
So don't be alarmed, welcome it, and be assured that you Grandma is at peace.
I hope this posting assuages your concerns.

Tony

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This is very common as by experiences of other people with dying family members, My grandfather spend many months in his dying bed and in the final days he wanted somebody with him day and night as he was afraid that the wrong people will come for him.

At the end the last thing he saw was a white bright veil falling over his body and hands trying to reach for him but he said that he could not reach back to them.

He also was given his last rites while in his dying bed and after that he said that the white veil finally was falling over him and now he could reach to the hands and after falling into a peaceful sleep he pass away.

I guess and I can imagine that this things are quite common.

I also remember the dying last days of another friend of the family that before passing away in her dying bed she beg the living family to let her go, when they asked her why she said that she answered that it was their prayers and crying what it was keeping her soul from leaving her body, she was sane and sound of mind.

After that the whole family gathered around her and held hands and told her that they will let go, after that she also passed away peacefully in her sleep soon after.

My daughter also has witnessed patients talking to unseen people in their rooms before dying, as a nurse.

And is many other of the nurses she knows that can testified that this things happen often when patients are in their dying days or hours and many of them seems rather happier than sad.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I dont know really. My personal belief is that spirits dont stick around and what might be appearing is a crossover from a parallel universe. Thats why we see people we know often. And it wouldnt freak you out if the person is still alive and you thought it was an apparition. That only happens when they are deceased in this realm

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Your post was really lovely, I have been involved with people a long time in failing health, I can honestly tell you your gran is right, my own mum just days before I lost her see her brother Ted, he too was talking to her, my mum was not talking to him by mouth but he and her spoke with some odd brain part we do not use in normal times.
However we were told by mum that uncle Ted (her brother) ask if we had still got the picture of him & wife on the bedroom wall as it had got another photo behind it in same frame of him in a Army Uniform.
Well low and behold mum did die within minutes of her telling us what Ted has said, we went to mum's house, took the picture of the wall, heck his Army photo in Sepia colour was there, I and my sister had never ever seen that Army photo.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I cannot say if your grandmother is really seeing her brothers or not, but, i can tell you what happened just before my grandmother died in october last year.
She had Lung cancer and had to be moved from her home into a nursing home in the last few weeks of her life, some of us did not want this to happen, but one of my uncles ensured it happened, we haven't spoken since because of it, she wanted to stay at home until the end, there was plenty of help around and nurses were already visiting three or four times a day.
She was never on her own, some of us made sure of that.
Anyway, after she was moved into the nursing home i would visit her regularly and sit and talk to her, we would talk about all sorts of stuff, i always tried to get her to remember her life and talk about it, so as i could tell my children more about their great grandmother.

The day before she died, somehow my grandmother had gotten hold of some information known only to myself, something i had been very secretive of for a number of years, my nan told me that she had "Been told it" while she was "sleeping" by a member of the family who had passed on some years before, she said she had spoken to this person and that they were waiting for them.
When i tried to deny it, she became upset almost angry, she told me dismissively in her tone that she knew, so i told her that she was right, "I know" she said.

I was extremely shocked that she had known this, it was something i was unable to talk to anyone about, that as far as i knew, NO ONE knew and yet she told me to stop letting it bother me, and the other members of the family wanted me to stop letting it affect me.
So yes, i absolutely 100% know that people in the last days of their lives are given access to information/deceased relatives.

I also find it interesting that some shamanic practitioners have said that dying people are able to access information meant only to be revealed to the dying.
edit on 28-11-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

this "seeing" is a gift of god.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I had a girlfriend once whose grandmother saw angels shortly before death. Some believe that the pineal gland pumps out lots of '___'(N,N-dimethyltryptamine) just before death, to soften the transition to our new location. Unlike other drugs, this one is manufactured in our body and is therefore completely natural and part of us. Those that smoke this drug, all report that they are transferred to some other place and meet other beings, on very strange dimensions. '___' is in a class by itself because no other drug has this ability. It is probably best not to smoke it because it is needed at the time of death and using it prior to that may interfere with it's ability to help when we die.
The ability to perceive by humans is incredibly limited. Most of what goes on all around us, is not perceived by us. Drugs can help us extend our range of perception and the work of Terrence McKenna was certainly assisted by broad use of psychoactive drugs. Search his work titled Time Wave Zero. The universe isn't more wonderful than we imagine, it is more wonderful than we can imagine. All is well, always was and always will be.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The day my grandma died she kept talking to my grandpa, who was dead and had been divorced from her since the 70s, basically having forplay. She said he told her to come with him, and my aunt told her to go with him. And then she died.

Her kidneys had been shut down for the last two days and she had had a colostomy bag for a couple years. She lept sayin she had to go to the bathroom though and just didnt understand. Lol. Sad

Id say its legit.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

How do you know who god is

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Around three years ago, my family members were called in to see my grandfather for one last time because he stated that it was his time to go. We gathered around him waiting for him to take his last breath. I asked him why he thought it was his time to go and he said that he had been talking with the Lord and the Lord told him.

My grandfather is still alive today.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My mother passed away last year (92 y/o) from respiratory failure and right near the end she kept reaching her arms out and up and mumbling something inaudible to us.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My grandmother on my mom's side reportedly seen "white doves" right before she passed away. She had collapsed and then sent to the hospital where her conditioned worsened. I was not there but other family members witnessed her saying "Look at the birds" and she went on to explain birds she was seeing when there were no windows and certainly no birds.

She was rather old and it could have been dementia, but it could have been something beyond that such as within the paranormal realm.

I keep an open mind on these subjects but have never had any paranormal experiences of my own to share, unless I were to violate the terms and conditions of the site

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

i once had a mixture of out of body and near death experience. it was kind of a distant light tunnel thing and since then i study god.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

My cousin was in his 40's when he passed. About a week before he passed he started talking about seeing other family members that were deceased. This life is not the end, only the end of the body that we inhabit.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Carlos Castaneda's Art of Dreaming explains it pretty well,

All the mind altering drugs are banned because the esoteric knowledge that the powers that be have are related to this,
we would all be able to perceive the other realms that exist and they would not be able to control us like they do.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is fairly common with people getting ready to cross over the spiritual plane. I can not explain it. I had an experience where I observed this happening. I posted it in a thread on ATS.

I surmise that an extremely low level electromagnetic plasma field created by a living object crosses over a boundary after it leaves the physical body..... just my speculation

There is something but I can not jump to the conclusion that it is religious in nature but just misunderstood phenomenon.

I believe this is happening. I would ask many questions if she is open to it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Good luck to your family.

My grandmother is in a similar situation, she was brought home 6 weeks ago, given only a few weeks to live and is still with us.

During this time, we have found a few things that have been lost for a while. My moms ipod and an eggbeater...she credited angels for assisting us in finding these things...which my mom had been frantically looking for unsuccessfully for a few weeks.

She also told me she thought I was psychic, and told me to concentrate on developing my ability...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join