It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying grandmother seeing spirits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

You really made me feel better through your words and I wish I had worded mine a little less harsh..
I let the emotion rule me.

His hallucinations are variable and powerful sometimes, and i'm really still young so my patience is both limited as well as my understanding.. I don't know what to do most of the time except agree with everything.

I really can't see it from his perspective as hard as I try.
He brings me to show me to these people and all I see is an empty room, he asks me to say hello etc..

Sometimes it's super powerful and harsh ATS related;

like "they' are monitoring us through the TV,
emotional gauges that sense how and what we are feeling at any given time, so sometimes he doesn't want me to talk for fear 'they' might hear and use it against us.
or they're building planes underground and in the backyard, or they're conspiring to steal the house through methodical means.

Those are powerful, and he doesn't have that conspiracy mindset at all which freaks me out to no end.
I've been forced to consider spirits cause that's what he referred to them numerous times and I always blow it off because i'm beyond a skeptic and I know he has dementia, but that's how powerful these things are to the observer..

edit on 29-11-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just love this story, I lost my Mom from cancer. 4 day's before her death she was talking to, her aunt,mom,and father. My mom was 54 when she lost her fight with cancer. We would come in to her room and she would be talking up a storm. This is when we all said, She is going to meet with her family soon. On 7-4-89 she passed. All these years later we speak of this and say, what a loving way to go. Thank you for this amazing story.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

I can offer some thoughts that may be relevant:

1. It's often said that as people get close to death, they begin seeing apparitions of loved ones and others that they speak with. The anecdotal reports are numerous.

2. There are accounts of people seeing apparitions of living people, especially if these people are near death. The anecdotal reports for this type of phenomena don't appear to be as common as #1.

3. Reputedly, the most common type of "ghost" is that of a loved one that dies. Within the next couple of days to months, they will show up--sometimes in a dream, sometimes not--in what appears to be an attempt to impart some type of message.

I've encountered my mother experiencing #1. I've experienced #3.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I believe that what you are describing is perhaps a more common human experience than expected.

Bobby Elgee

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
Eternal Life? What a depressing thought.

Not really think about if you could explore the universe. It would be awesome for the curious!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Something about the cold and hungry little boy gives me the creeps.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
My grandfather is going through the same but if I automatically assumed spirits I would lose my sanity really quickly. You can't live in that world and pay your bills at the same time.

And by that world, I mean a fake spirit world.
I mean, just you saying it's spirits I feel offended actually.. because I know it's not.. for any of us.

Sorry if I offended you in the process... but i'm going through the same thing daily. And it's painful.

He was telling me about a little girl who was having her arm cut off by a black man today in the kitchen, that's the extent of these visions. You want to call those spirits??

Not to offend you personally but what is it that makes you an expert on the supernatural enough to say "I know it's not (spirits)"?
My mother had dementia just before she passed and I talked to experts on the disease at that time and was told it affects memory (she didn't know who family members were but next visit she would remember details of stuff from when she was a child).
How do you know that the person in your story isn't being visited by spirits such as demons or familiar spirits?
When my girlfriend was killed in a horrible accident I 'felt' her presence for a few weeks, during the same week my brother-in-law died a violent death due to diabetes. I felt this presence in my room one night so vivid I couldn't shake it. A while later my brother knocked on my door and asked if I was awake, he asked me "Since Robert and Britney died have you felt there was 'someone/thing' trying to make contact with you"? I couldn't believe it as we hadn't mentioned ANYTHING to each other regarding paranormal.
My sister who told me since we were children that she sees spirits all the time said later that she felt her bed move like someone had sat on it, she turned over and looked and she said it looked just like Robert and he said "Sue, are you awake?" and she said "You aren't Robert, go away!" and she said it faded away. When comparing the time with her we concluded that when my brother and I no longer felt a presence several weeks after he and I talked was the same night our sister (who lived about 5 miles away) had seen an interacted with what she called a 'familiar spirit'.
As much as you say you know it isn't spirits, I can say with equal enthusiasm that there ARE spirits that interact with our world.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Only because you are basing your ideas on a worldly model, the fact your screen name tells me that perhaps you are living in pain and financial troubles. These are problems of the world, this world and not of the one you will see when you 'cross over'.
Everything (such as life) you are experiencing you are basing on your existence here. Try to envision that nothing you feel (such as not wanting to live forever) is indeed based on how you feel here and your feelings will be filled with love and caring in the next world and who would want those feelings to end?
Hope you find happiness in this and any other realms you will experience in the future.
-Wulff

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This happened with my Dad as well.. he was talking to everyone and describing it to me.. it was very comforting to me to know that we were surronded by loved ones. He even saw my beloved horse who I had lost the year before.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wulff

Only because you are basing your ideas on a worldly model, the fact your screen name tells me that perhaps you are living in pain and financial troubles. These are problems of the world, this world and not of the one you will see when you 'cross over'.
Everything (such as life) you are experiencing you are basing on your existence here. Try to envision that nothing you feel (such as not wanting to live forever) is indeed based on how you feel here and your feelings will be filled with love and caring in the next world and who would want those feelings to end?
Hope you find happiness in this and any other realms you will experience in the future.
-Wulff

Yeah cause this life is indeed full of pain...I stand corrected. THIS eternal life is depressing

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hi there, I have to say I do think it is dementia. The reason is, my mother has it, and has been seeing a few of our deceased relatives lately. She also sees a little boy, who she blames for flooding her bathroom.

I do believe in spirits, I have seen a few myself, but in this case, sorry but it sounds like dementia to me

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have known of older folks that didnt have dementia but were saying they were having visitations.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
my grandmother a few days before dying called us and said she saw a priest in the room next to her bed. she could be allucinating or she really saw something.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it could be either of the things you mention, as you already know. I wanted to reaffirm to you that ghosts/spirits do indeed exist, as I'm sure there are going to be detractors in this thread who claim otherwise. Is your grandmother coherent, and although she has been suffering memory loss, does there seem to be any symptoms of delirium? I mean does she seem to ever not know where she is, or possibly not recognize people? I think that if she were imagining all of this, and having hallucinations, there would be other signs and symptoms present that coincide with these episodes of seeing things that may or may not actually be there.

If memory loss seems to be the only major symptom present around the time these events occur, it could be very likely that she is actually conversing with a spirit. I too have heard that dreams of loved ones who have passed away, and even visual sightings, are common when a person is nearing the end. However, the little boy, if he is a spirit, must have already been present on the premises, whether others knew this or not. And since people tend to gain a sort of intuition or "power" as they near death, your grandmother is seeing a little boy who was already living as a spirit in that particular house.

Of course it is also possible that the little boy is an unconscious manifestation of a certain trait, person, or idea that your grandmother possesses, and that her visual encounters only truly exist in her mind. But then again, nothing exists outside of the mind in my opinion anyway, lol. So a better way to phrase it is that her visual encounters could possibly only exist in her mind, and therefore not existing in the minds of any other individual that is in the same location.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

My grandmother passed away 6 days after my original post. She was surrounded by her loving family, and went in peace. It is the way any of us, I think, would like to pass on.

I'm sure that her loved ones that went before her were there as well, to help her along.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join