It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying grandmother seeing spirits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My grandfather is going through the same but if I automatically assumed spirits I would lose my sanity really quickly. You can't live in that world and pay your bills at the same time.

And by that world, I mean a fake spirit world.
I mean, just you saying it's spirits I feel offended actually.. because I know it's not.. for any of us.

Sorry if I offended you in the process... but i'm going through the same thing daily. And it's painful.

He was telling me about a little girl who was having her arm cut off by a black man today in the kitchen, that's the extent of these visions. You want to call those spirits??

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

My father passed to the next level two weeks ago. He was 97 y/o. During the last week of his life here, he said he was doing things with my mother, who passed on over 15 years ago.

During his last few days, he would reach out his arms, and try to talk to someone he was seeing. I do believe people get a glimps of the other side, in the days before their final departure.

From what I have read about NDE'S, a lot of people speak of a greeter, on the other side. Someone who is there to help in the transition.

I believe my Grandmother, on my Father's side, was the greeter when my mother left us. 3 months before my mother passed, I had a dream, in which I saw my Grandmother turned to her side, looking back towards me, as she appeared to be going into this beautiful garden. She also appeared to be in her mid 30's, and had the most beautiful smile. It was as if she was telling me, someone is going to be meeting her in this garden, and it is going to be so wonderful.

I awoke the next morning, knowing someone was going to die soon. It could have even been me. My Mother was not sick at the time, so I did not think it would be her. 3 months later my mother died of cancer. I know in my heart, my Grandmother was her greeter.

So enjoy your last days with your loved one, because it will not be long, till she enters the Most Beautiful Garden of all.

Thanks so much to everyone that wrote about their experiences. I read a lot about NDE'S, and it has taking away any fear of dying I may have had. It also takes away most of the sadness of losing a loved one, knowing they will be in unimaginable peace, love, and harmony.

Bless you all

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zeta55

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It is a comfort to hear that so many are greeted like this at their end.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I found this very interesting.

www.spiritualscientific.com...

ABSTRACT: The literature concerned with experiences of the dying contains
numerous accounts reporting the sudden return of mental clarity shortly
before death. These experiences can be described as Terminal Lucidity (TL).
The most peculiar cases concern patients suffering from mental disability
including mental illness or dementia. Despite the potential relevance of TL for
developing new forms of therapies and for elaborating an improved understanding
of the nature of human consciousness, very little has been published
on this subject.

This part is sited with lengthy references, which I'll omit in the quotes for brevity.

deathbed visions: having visions of deceased relatives, friends or
religious figures, and often communicating with them...

seemingly veridical spatial clairvoyance and correct future
predictions related by the dying...

telepathic impressions or apparitions of the dying person at the
moment of death, experienced by close relatives or friends not
present at the bedside of the dying person...

synchronistic acoustic or physical phenomena such as knocking
sounds, hearing music, moving of doors, falling and breaking of
objects, odd behavior of electrical devices, and stopping of clocks....

emanations of mists, shapes, lights or a radiance from dying
persons...

the ability to perform bodily movements or skills shortly before
death which seemed impossible before...

the (re-) emergence of normal or unusually enhanced mental
abilities in dull, unconscious, or mentally ill patients shortly
before death, including considerable elevation of mood and
spiritual affectation, or the ability to speak in a previously
unusual spiritualized and elated manner.

This seems to be opposite of dementia, for people seem to clear up before their death, and become lucid. This is the opposite to what some would expect.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dear Unity_99,

That is exactly what I saw in my father before he died. A moment of clarity. I did not expect it; but, I witnessed it. He had suffered strokes and had a lung removed and chemo, all his organs began to fail and he could not talk; but, at the end, he was him again and was comforting me. Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My grandfather is also talking about something similar. He is almost 90 and we recently lost my grandmother. He says that she visits him most nights, he said he has also seen his brother (who died almost 20 years ago) recently. He was very surprised to see his brother, but he says he really enjoys that my grandmother comes to visit him. Apparently, that's not all though... according to my Aunt (he lives with her) he has told her that he also sees people coming and going through the walls, but he doesn't know who they are. I don't know what's really going on, but I have had the thought that perhaps he is getting visits because his time is getting closer? There are no indications that he's ill or failing so I really don't know what to add, I guess... it may just all be in his head as well.

edit on 28-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Dear LadySkadi,

If your grandfather is comforted by these "visitations", take pleasure in knowing that he is not unhappy. When I think of my dear departed, I try and remember them and how fortunate I was to have know them. If you feel fortunate to have know anyone then their life mattered. What better testament to our existence then to have others to feel fortunate to have known us at all. Peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It means your grandmother doesn't have much longer here in this existance.. once they start talking to relatives that have already passed it's usually no longer than a week that they do.. and it's very common.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I've lost both my mother and father in the past couple of years. Both saw relatives and spoke with them prior to passing. For my father, who had a much longer period of decline before passing, this phenomena lasted a few weeks. My mother's illness was much faster and the phenomena lasted only a couple of days before she lapsed into a coma and then passed away.

My father initially was concerned that he was unable to sort out who was "good" from the "bad." He wanted to make sure he went with the "good." Not that any of his family was actually a bad person, but some were agnostic / athieists and others were not. After a few days, he told us that he knew and was comforted by the visitations. He appeared to see quite a few more friends and relatives than my mother, a couple of new people showed up every day or so for each.

Both only saw deceased family and friends -- the living, including family which were unable to come to say goodbye, did not appear to them. It's an amazing thing to observe, and also is generally quite comforting to the individual who is in the process of dying. In fact, it was quite comforting to me as well. I should point out that my mother's and father's illnesses were quite different and I have no reason to expect that their mental states were degrading in similar ways in the last couple of days. More "scientifically," it's very unlikely there was a similar physical cause for the appearances -- which indicates to me the phenomena has a deeper origin than "science" can explain.

During the initial phase of the visitations, both of my parents were quite lucid and were capable of normal interaction with us. Towards the end, they were more engaged with those on the other side than with the living. From what I have read, seeing deceased relatives and speaking with them is very common. The atheistic / scientific explanations are laughably shallow -- a nearly universal phenomena would need a nearly universal cause that cleanly separates the seeing of the living from those deceased concurrent with lucidity and totally different mechanisms of death.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I looked at the title and all I could think of was Grandfather asking for a sherry before he died!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Similar thing happened with my mother in her 90's I can't link you but google

"Charles Bonnet Syndrome" might throw some light on it

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi Blue
Just to ad to this. about 7 years ago I lost my 87 year old mum. she passed away just after I returned from picking up my kids from school. On that morning, while I was sitting with her, I am positive that she was "talking with " people at the bottom of her bed. Now this was interesting to say the least. Was she halucinating? Maybe. ........ she was as sharp as a tack right up until the when I lost her. so what was it? Got no idea, but to this day, I still reckon she was having a conversation with at least a couple of people at the base of her bed.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

I'm so sorry to hear you lost both parents.

I agree with your analysis that it seems like it must be something more than physical, when so many all over seem to be having similar experiences, including those that do not have dementia. I had not really thought of that, but I think you are onto something there.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Thanks for the reply and the information.
I don't think that "Charles Bonnet Syndrome" really applies with my grandmother.
From the description, people with this syndrome know that what they are seeing is not real. Also, they only see things, not hear things. My grandmother seems to converse with whatever she is seeing, and interacts with them, such as the tickling. Also, it seems she thinks they are real.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

These small or young people my mother saw did seem real to her. She would say there

was a little girl sitting in the corner of her shower, or can you see a little girl on her sitting

on her pillow etc. So on one of her hospital visits we mentioned it to the Dr. who told us

that it was fairly common with older people especially if their sight was poor and mentioned

that it was Charles Bonnet syndrome and that it did seem very real to the person.

My mother did think they were real 'untill' she was told it was this syndrome .

edit on 28-11-2012 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have no doubt your grandmother is seeing spirits. From my experience, it's very typical and yes, very real. I've been with 3 people very dear to me, during their last months, days...and then minutes.

One, my uncle had cancer. His was a slow decline and I stayed with him the last month. He started seeing 'someone' at the foot of his bed. Couldnt understand why I couldn't see them. He had me leave a bedside light on as it made him uneasy. As his time got closer, he slowly began to see this person more clearly, and hear him speaking to him softly. At first he couldnt make out the features, or understand what was being said. His last few days, his face lit up with a smile and he squeezed my hand. He realized it was his father and he was waiting for him, telling him it was alright to let go when he was ready, and he'd just wait right there. His passing was gentle, a hand outstretched and a smile.

My aunt passed just a few months ago. She was one of 12 children, most were already gone, and she'd always been closest to Theresa, Tesse as she called her. The last day or two, she called for her altho she wasn't coherant for us for days. Called isn't the right word. She cried out for her so loudly it was difficult to hear the pain in her voice as she screamed out her name and begged her to come closer. Just before she passed her body relaxed and she mumbled a thank you for coming to help her.

The third one was actually my first experience with it. My mother passed when I was 12. She'd had a heart attack and been in a diabetic coma for a week when she suddenly woke up, and i DO mean woke up. She looked like she could run a marathon and I'd never seen her look more 'healthy'. She insisted her brothers and sister come immediately to the hospital, she needed to talk with them. While we waited for them to get there, we played cards and talked and watched a Tiger ballgame, her favorites. Nurses and the dr told her she should be resting, that they'd medicated her enough to "sink a battleship". She smiled and told the dr. that she answered to a higher authority and his meds would have no effect on her. They didnt. Apparently, she had passed the night before during another heart attack. [which we hadnt been told at that time] She told my aunts and uncles that 'the angels' came for her and took her. She was going back and they were waiting. They were right there, waiting tho we couldnt see them. She explained to them that she was 'allowed to come back' to make arrangements for me and once that was completed, they would take her back and she was happy to go back. She even explained about her passing the night before, details she shouldnt of known~again at this time, we hadnt been told any of this yet. The family thought it was brain damage from the coma, truly! lol. Well, the moment she'd said goodbye to them.... then me with no hint of anything and a kiss, a radiant smile and 'close the door on the way out honey', I hadnt gotten 10 steps from the door when the lights started flashing and nurses running with a 'code blue'. She was gone, her mission complete. I should add that when the family was told of her passing, the dr added that they'd lost her a few hours before she woke up. They'd ended their attempt at revival and were calling the time when she took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

Because of these experiences I have no doubt of an afterlife and that your grandmother is indeed seeing someone, family? angels? But someone who is going to cross her over when her time comes. For me, being there for them at that moment was both the most incredible experience and the worse experience but I wouldnt of traded those special moments for anything as hard as it was at times.In hindsight, it was truly a blessing to share that moment with them.
Prayers for you and your family during this transition time. Letting go is hard but she'll be there for you, of that I have no doubt. ~Lu

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My great grandma had similar experiences. She would look up into the corner of the room where she saw 'people'. She also spoke to my great grandpa, and a few uncles...

Then again she would get upset when we wouldn't go pet Lassie, that golden retriever from that TV show. She said Lassie was laying at the foot of her bed. Who knows.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Everything happens for a reason. I cant really judge weather it is dementia or a real spirit. There are different types of spirits, some are messagers, some are disembodied people, who are confused, and angels etc. Her concern over his needs, tells me that he doesnt have anyone caring for him on the otherside. Lets suppose that he had a traumatic death. At such a young age, his parents could still be alive. He is probably comforted by a grandma who can interact with him.
If it were me, I would put together a basket with some boy stuff in it. Truck, baseball cards, small blanket etc. I would also add a tag, ask grandma what his name is to put it on the tag. Where you can take the basket to etc. Any info might help reunite this child with his people. If she gives a name, it will give you a clue to check out. Disappearances in your area, an extended family member you didnt know about, history of your house.
More than likely she will take him by the hand and lead him into the light. Her precious loving grandma spirit makes him feel safe. Talk about going into the light, so he wont be afraid.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I saw your post a few days ago, and saw it again, so I thought I need to share something with you. First off.. forget everything Hollywood has thought us about death and the afterlife experience, forget anything anyone has ever said... were limited creatures... we have potential, but such limitlessness in conceptualizing transformation of matter... but never the death of energy,... please read carefully...

I am of Aboriginal Cree Indian decent, from Canada.
First.. When My mother was passing away in Nov 16, 1993, from |Cancer, she spent 7 days with out the use of her kidneys and was in palliative care, at the cross cancer hospital in Edmonton. During her last few days, she was always looking in the direction of her head board and smiling...although she was in a lot of pain. The strange thing is that... her bed was against the wall.. she also said that they are preparing for her and coming to get her, but in a calm tone. Its our tradition, that all family gather (The room was packed) with a passing member, so that they are not alone, so the room was filled with family, sisters aunts uncles, children cousins, ect. It was at one point, I literally heard with my own ears and so did everyone else... my great grandmothers voice come from my moms mouth, saying in Cree "Don't block the doorway". I honestly have never experienced anything like that in my life, Im her son, I know my mothers voice...(wish I could speak to her now if I could)
My Aunt Asked her, what doorway? she said the one they are coming through, and will take me through.. my mother was ready, and happy... I was literally living a nightmare of losing my loving mother, but always remembered this journey was about her and not me.. i counted my blessings that I had such a wonderful strong mother.. but so sad that I had to learn to survive without her in y day to day life... that was 18 years ago this month... Its our belief that... even though we can remember, we are sent here to this realm, crying in pain of being born... and we DO NOT LEAVE ALONE... the others from where ever it maybe, do come to get us...to make sure that TRANSITION takes place... its REBIRTH to a different place... Science may say.. its the brains survival making connections, trying to stay alive... but I disagree.. if there is one thing I fully truly believe its that LIFE as we know it, does NOT END HERE... its merely a beginning, and death is a transformation and integration of existing in a different place, we cannot comprehend here... we can fantasize or guess all we want.. but like I said the next place is incomprehensible, with our limited understanding.
always refer back to One of most basic laws of science is the Law of the Conservation of Energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another. If you wish to speak to me, I can do my best to help you understand... I am here for you.
edit on 28-11-2012 by darrylss because: xtra thought

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
My grandfather is going through the same but if I automatically assumed spirits I would lose my sanity really quickly. You can't live in that world and pay your bills at the same time.

And by that world, I mean a fake spirit world.
I mean, just you saying it's spirits I feel offended actually.. because I know it's not.. for any of us.

Sorry if I offended you in the process... but i'm going through the same thing daily. And it's painful.

He was telling me about a little girl who was having her arm cut off by a black man today in the kitchen, that's the extent of these visions. You want to call those spirits??

I had a lot of caring experience with dementia before. I used to do live in care work and lived with a gentleman with severe early onset dementia. He had similar experinces to those of your relative. It was mighty hard work so I can feel for you. I feel for you and the OP.

I once had an experience with this guy, just as he was about to be taken in for brain surgery. He had undergone brain surgery much earlier in his life and he sensed the impending experience that was coming. We were spending 24/7 together more or less and for one moment my psyche collided with his. It was an intense and stressful experience and for one brief moment I actually saw through his eyes and could feel his fear, anxiety and confusion. That is a profound experience I will never forget.

I later told a ward manager on the dementia ward about my experience and he said he had heard of that happening before and that there was even a name for that kind of melding of psyches when one psyche is severely disrupted. We are all electricity and we interact. Perceptions change and our brains may perceive things in a confused and disrupted way; that gentleman who I cared for at times thought I was a garden gnome and would bring me cups of tea and also the other gnomes in the garden. Those hallucinations were real according to his brain's perception of events.

That aside, I do think that nature is kind and that the experience when we die is soothed in various ways; like having visions of long departed relatives, etc.

In response to the OP I say there is a mixture of confusion and natural experiences at work. We may interpret that as we will.

To you and the OP I send my very best wishes and hope that your people find their peace. I am a firm believer that to die is as natural as to be born as it stands and I sincerely believe that our individual experience of Creation does not perish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join