It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox interview ends after author criticizes network

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
I did a tour in Baghdad, and in the event I was caught in a situation were I was in the middle of a riot or civil chaos I would hope they wouldn't send more Americans to be slaughtered.

Well we all know this was a riot over a short movie. Oh wait, no it wasn't, that's just what the Whitehouse said. There was no riot. So your point?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

So American security contractors are less important than government officials now?

Yes!

One American life is more important than another?

Absolutely Yes!

These are easy questions... Give me some more..

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Despite the Democrats and the liberal media's best efforts to suppress the story the truth about the death of those Americans will come out.

If I was an ambassador for Obama in some remote country I'd be hiring my own damn security, or resigning.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

So American security contractors are less important than government officials now?

Yes!

Absolutely Yes!

Wow. You've said everything you needed to say. It proves the content of your character. Which in my opinion is rather poor.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Good stuff in my opinion. I always enjoy a good old fashioned straight shooter. Thomas Ricks spares no expense in telling them what he thinks.

A Fox News Channel interview ended abruptly Monday after an author accused the network of hyping the killing of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, and "operating as a wing of the Republican Party."
SourceNow how about the actual interview.
That was a really quick interview. I wonder if Ricks told Fox of his intentions before he went on. To be honest, I laughed really hard at this interview.

But the guy is a well known Democrat shill who has no problem with Democrat based media lying and spinning for Democrats on a daily basis. That goes for ATS forums as well. Hypocrites abound!

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by GD21D

I guess you got me there. Lol. (sarcasm)
Be sarcastic all you like, but it still doesn't change anything. If you weren't there then how do you know what were lies and what was truth?You know what I find tragic? Politicians and large media institutions using the death of Americans strictly for political gains.

So all the outrage over Iraq was nothing more than using the lives of American soldiers for political gain, right? I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you think that's completely different.

Who would have thought ATS members would be against investigating obvious government lies. I guess as long as it's Obama, it's A-OK.

Wow. You've said everything you needed to say. It proves the content of your character. Which in my opinion is rather poor.

You think good character is ignoring government corruption because your party is in charge?
edit on 27-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Yes!

Absolutely Yes!

You figured the content of my character by my typing two words? You are certainly greater than I! I'm glad you've been able to see through my self delusion and reduce me to two more words "Poor character". Heh.... And look! you even got two stars from it! Wow! These must be your followers. Or people that have quickly come to the same conclusion as you. Which must mean, this talent you have to deduce a persons characters is actually not a talent at all! But in fact quite, common. Which would mean. I gotta study up on how you people do this.

Actually I was hoping maybe you'd ask me why. But clearly you took offense. So, I'm sorry..

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Despite the Democrats and the liberal media's best efforts to suppress the story the truth about the death of those Americans will come out.

If I was an ambassador for Obama in some remote country I'd be hiring my own damn security, or resigning.

Your last line is really the whole core of the matter here too, in my opinion. It's not a run of the mill scandal like almost everything else to come along. This is an event to seriously leave others with legitimate questions they never really had before or should ever have had at all about the extent America will even make the attempt if things go badly wrong.

Outcomes are never promised and heck, rescue or support missions get aborted so that can be understood. Panetta's comments about not enough intelligence to try can't be understood in my mind though. That's where I think it becomes subjective in a scary way now. "No one left behind" has become conditional, it would seem. That's a hell of a thing for morale, I'll bet. It will be until what happened and why is answered too, I'm thinking.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Maybe they're one of those 'men who stare at goats' psychic super soldiers? Or right... those guys are just based on myth...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Security contractors is another term for mercenary my friend. They get paid to take extreme risks and put their lives on the line. I guess you can say the same for the CIA operatives, but they are supposed to be serving national security and the mercs are serving themselves. They work for anyone as long as they get paid. See the difference? Probably not. So lol to you bud.

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Bilk22

If I were the guy from Fox, I would have ask this jerk "how many security contractors do die and why does it matter?"

Wow this is just idiotic..

So basically you are saying that only certain Americans lives are worth saving?

The hell with the rest including your soldiers.

The author was right...hype and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As stated in another post, security contractors are mercenaries. They risk death for money. They work for anyone who will pay them. The US citizens that died work for the American citizenry and have taken oaths of trust. The mercs have taken no such oaths and don't serve the people. They serve whom ever pays them.

Originally posted by Bilk22
I'd like to know how security contractors equate to state department personnel and CIA government workers. This guy is a moron and Susan Rice doesn't deserve to be SS. If she can't think and speak for herself and the American people, but instead parrot White House talking points, she isn't viable as a servant of the people. She is then just an operative for the administration.

If I were the guy from Fox, I would have ask this jerk "how many security contractors do die and why does it matter?" I would have also asked him why the story of the demonstration was vehemently presented as the reason for this incident when it didn't happen at all. Someone had to make that up. "So Mr. Whateveryournameis, why the story of the demonstration and who came up with it? Or do we know since she was just parroting what she was told to?"
So American security contractors are less important than government officials now? One American life is more important than another? Of course it is because of the political benefit that can be gained from a State Department/CIA death. I'm also glad you brought up the CIA, because in my (opinion) those four that died were taking orders from the CIA, and subsequently executed for it. Just my opinion. May be wrong, may be right. Hard to really know with so many interests involved in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's funny McCain and Graham didn't go after Colin Powell as hard as they're going after Rice. Didn't Powell give a speech in front of the U.N. that was also based on faulty intelligence? Bush's faulty intelligence about WMDs led us into a war in Iraq that cost us thousands of lives. Rice was on Sunday morning talk shows talking about
a situation which unfortunatly cost 4 lives. Those guys are hypocrits

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

Yeah, because the killing of four Americans and then the lies that came during and after is not important right? I would hype it up as well.

Condi Rice said that the "weapons of mass destruction in Iraq are a MUSHROOM CLOUD..." She was given false info by the intel community... Colin Powell KNEW and SAYS HE KNEW the "facts" he gave at the UN about WMD was pure bull, but said them anyway... But these two are trotted out as "respected leaders" and Susan Rice is "Disturbing.." ? It's completely racially and revenge motivated... Racial from the vantage point that because she is black, Ms. Rice makes a good proxy for Obama... therefore she must go down... If a high profile black Dem goes down (ie Holder, Rice) the GOP can still look like heroes to the supremist wing of the GOP..(About 20%)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
[smug ] You're welcome [/smug ] lol that was funny, good for him.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Actually 6 navy seals are equivalent to.... 6 navy seals.

This isn't some video game where you get health packs and hammer space.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

reply to post by GD21D

Hyping the killings of 4 Americans?... This man is an idiot, and of course the lies, and facts that the White house was trying to hide were also just a "hyping of the rightwing media"...

Oh wait, but what happens if an american dies by a gun in the LEFTWING media?...
They don't "hype up how evil guns are, blah, blah, blah", and of course they don't even mention whether the gun was legally owned... During gang shootings, and such hey don't mention most of those weapons, if not all, are illegal, as in bought in the black market"...

The Leftwing media hypes everything but the death of Americans outside the U.S. it seems...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You were in Benghazi the day the attack happened?

Were you?...

We have evidence that clearly corroborates the fact the White House was not listening to the plights for help from AMERICANS, and then they tried to hide this, as well as any evidence that showed how Obama, and his administration didn't give a damn about those AMERICANS in Benghazi...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

And Colin Powell has spoken in favor of Obama, another fact that all those pepople who were elling for Powell to be sent to court for "crimes against humanity" sudenly forgot about when Powell suddenly began to endorse their messiah Obama...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

Yeah, because the killing of four Americans and then the lies that came during and after is not important right? I would hype it up as well.

As Thomas Ricks asked the Fox interviewer, how many contractors have died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Where's your outrage on those deaths? Hundreds have died, including hundreds during the Bush II regime, but nary a word about them were spoken.

Why didn't senators McCain and Graham have as harsh of words to say about Condaleeza Rice when, as National Security Advisor she lied about Iraq WMD's, which got us into a bloody, unjust war, or why she didn't take the threat of Al Qaeda airplane hijackings more seriously pre-911? They went on to confirm her as Sec. of State. A whole lot of double standard here. And yes, the Benghazi attack has been hyped to the max for political reasons. Susan Rice spoke to the non-confidential/secret talking points she was given by the CIA. Why attack her? Attack Petraeus, who was too busy with his own personal sex scandal to deal effectively with national security. Oh yeah, right, can't do that because Patraeus is a white, male Republican who has been venerated by the GOP. Whoops, my bad.

And I love the ATS posters, who can't spell, calling Pulitzer Prize winner Thomas Ricks an idiot. And I have yet to see any of the Benghazi-gaters yet address Rick's point that no one cares about the hundreds of US military contractors killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The three security personnel killed in Benghazi, as far as I know, were also private contractors, although this might mean they were actually CIA.
edit on 28-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by GD21D

You were in Benghazi the day the attack happened?

No, but we have information of what happened, and the lies are apparent.

lmao, you guys kill me. The lies? "Administration didn't say it was a Terr'ist 'Tack!" ummmm... what reality do you live in where someone shoots a rocket at our embassy, and that wouldn't be considered a terrorist (terr'ist for all you non sequitarists) attack.
****MOUNT FAUXCHIT*****
(((())))
*...molehill.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Your last line is really the whole core of the matter here too, in my opinion. It's not a run of the mill scandal like almost everything else to come along. This is an event to seriously leave others with legitimate questions they never really had before or should ever have had at all about the extent America will even make the attempt if things go badly wrong.

Outcomes are never promised and heck, rescue or support missions get aborted so that can be understood. Panetta's comments about not enough intelligence to try can't be understood in my mind though. That's where I think it becomes subjective in a scary way now. "No one left behind" has become conditional, it would seem. That's a hell of a thing for morale, I'll bet. It will be until what happened and why is answered too, I'm thinking.

If this is not a run-of-the-mill scandal, then what would you call the false WMD claims by the Bush II regime, including those by Kindasleazy Rice, that were the causus belli for the Iraq war? How about the effort to hide the terrorist attack forewarnings that the Bush II regime had before 9/11, which weren't made public until after he was re-elected. If you right-wing zealots REALLY cared about national security and the death of Americans, you would have raised ruckus about these matters, but you didn't. You're STILL making a big deal out of this only because the current president is a Democrat and possibly because he is African-American. We see through your fake outrage. And the fact that all you can do is call Ricks an idiot, but not address his points tells any objective observer what you friends of Fox are all about.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join