It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
reply to post by MrWendal

Ok....you know the intruders were unarmed right?

Yes we know that NOW.

Are you suggesting that the man knew they were unarmed at the first moment he realized his home was being entered? That's the question here.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. It is real easy to say, after the facts come out, "oh they were unarmed he should have fired a warning shot" but if you do not know that in the moment, firing a warning shot can easily get you killed.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What about hiding the body?

Hiding the bodies is the third time where the man went wrong.

The first was shooting the boy in the face execution style, the second shooting the girl through the skull execution style.

Those points are not in question.

What IS in question is if the man was justified to shoot that first shot.

link   
Theres a huge amount of ignorance here!

Why are you saying a warning shot is silly?

they were UNARMED.

i posted a video where a warning shot actually diffused a robbery situation?

i posted a video where a SWAT entered a building full of armed gunmen and an innocent unarmed family and actually persuaded the gunmen to drop their weapons first? not shoot to kill......and SWAT Are are highly trained men!!!

Thats whats lacking in america....training

link   
I don't get the mystery, besides the guy trying to cover his ass and not calling the cops ASAP.

They broke into his house in the middle of the night. People die doing that. Always have, always will.

/end of story.

If he executed them then he may need psychological help. That is not normal. Either way though, they signed their own death sentence.

When I did dumb things as a kid, I risked my life in most cases. Had I had a little less luck, not been as well accompanied as I was, and not been smart enough to wiggle myself out of bad situations, I would be dead.

When you live doing retarded crap, you meet your maker. It is literally that simple. Most people snap out of it and get with the program before they die. It is not a guarantee though. Some die before that epiphany of your stupidity.

edit on 27-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

No he was not justified, given the details of the situation,, they were unarmed and he had a gun.....i said warning shot as solution like a gazillion times now.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No he was not justified, given the details of the situation,, they were unarmed and he had a gun.....i said warning shot as solution like a gazillion times now.

He was justified in the first shot (kill shot...not warning shot) going by the article.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Those kids deserved better, as in a public execution.

If they want to be "Role Models" how about they pay for their sins?

Breaking and entering only to be shot by the homeowner? Nothing more than self-defense.

link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

This lady probably wishes she killed the scumbag instead of firing a warning shot. Had she shot him dead, she would be in the right. She fired a warning shot instead. If you have guns, get training. I have taken quite a few classes myself, all of them tell you not to pull out a gun unless it is needed, and shoot to kill. Anything else can end up getting you into trouble, it's not worth taking the chance over some lowlife that had zero respect for your life and property. Invading someone's home, is invading their life.

link   

So do you believe that he was right to shoot the unarmed boy?

I disagree with this.

Whatever other people believe is right, good luck with that. and i hope in the future you can live with that kind of descision.

I would have acted differently in this situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well thats your opinion isnt it, but fact is you dont know for sure.......

Secondly, no one had to die. the situation worked out well. thanks to the warning shot. they made a judgement call and it succeeded,

the man in this article made a judgement call and it failed BIG TIME.

i hope he gets life imprisonment

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Break into my house, that'll be the last time you break into a home.

Call the cops? Please, have a seat criminal, the authorities are on their way.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

You call getting 20 years in prison working out well?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Who got 20 years in prison?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You peeps are real messed up. You should not kill someone because they are burgling you house. Anyone that thinks otherwise is suffering from some kind of mental psychosis. It is a person entering you home, not a rapist or a murderer... Really do you think someone deserves to die for robbing you big flat screen tv....

Poor show.....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He was justified in the first shot (kill shot...not warning shot) going by the article.

There is nothing justified in shooting someone for robbing you... I do not care what the law says.. What does humanity say..

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you sir/Madame !, this is also what im trying to convey.
edit on 27-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Theres a huge amount of ignorance here!

Why are you saying a warning shot is silly?

I have explained this several times already.

they were UNARMED.

Yes, we know that now, after the fact. The real question that needs to be asked here is did the man know they were unarmed at the moment that they entered his home? It is foolish to assume they are unarmed. It is even more foolish to sit and wait and confirm if an intruder is armed or not before taking a position in which to defend yourself. It is even more foolish to fire a warning shot, not knowing if the intruder is armed. Again- if you fire a warning shot and an intruder is armed, you just gave away your biggest asset, the element of surprise. If they are armed, you just let those intruders know that you are armed as well and to take a more defensive position. What may have started as an intention to scare you, the victim, tie you up and rob you may now quickly turn into a "shoot this guy and lets rob him" situation.

i posted a video where a warning shot actually diffused a robbery situation?

It happens. No one is saying that it does not. I can post a video of a blind squirrel find a nut, but does that mean all blind squirrels find nuts and have no problem surviving? Want to know what your video is really an example of? It's not the warning shot... it's the advantage of having the element of surprise. In the video you posted the attackers are occupied with one of the homeowners and involved in a struggle. At which point the other homeowner fires off a round. Now if you are an attacker and you are fighting with a person who is stopping you from shooting him.... and you hear a shot that doesn't come from you... your gonna run. Not because of the warning shot, but because you KNOW that while you are struggling to shoot the one person, another person is going to shoot you, and attacker doesn't even know where the armed person is at, just that she is armed and somewhere where she can shoot him. That's the element of surprise.

i posted a video where a SWAT entered a building full of armed gunmen and an innocent unarmed family and actually persuaded the gunmen to drop their weapons first? not shoot to kill......and SWAT Are are highly trained men!!!

So a video of highly trained professionals is the standard you want to hold every citizen to? SWAT trains almost every single day for those types of situations. It is totally unreasonable to expect a citizen to receive that same level of training. SWAT trains full time. It is their job to handle hostage situations in which they can not go in with guns blazing. That is what they train for and that training is a full time job that takes years and years to perfect.

[/quote[Thats whats lacking in america....training

Not really. Want to know one of the first thing you'll be trained in at any gun range? Shoot to kill, do not fire warning shots.

link   

Had I been there I would have shot the bodies again, after he said he wanted to hide the bodies.

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

wth,that lady was involved in a completely different situation. ?

Seriously nice try.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

You peeps are real messed up. You should not kill someone because they are burgling you house. Anyone that thinks otherwise is suffering from some kind of mental psychosis. It is a person entering you home, not a rapist or a murderer... Really do you think someone deserves to die for robbing you big flat screen tv....

Poor show.....

Ask that question to one of the kids that were shot and killed over a cell phone or a pair of shoes. If some one is breaking and entering they are not concerned with life let alone their own. Are the robbers going to announce "Hey we are robbers and unarmed dont shoot" I think not. Dumb ass people suffer dumb ass consequences.

As for the execution part of the story that I do not agree with,

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join