It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

pr value??

you mean the pr value of everyone criticising NASA of wasting tax payer dollars? hang on, a lot of people are already saying this?

you make it sound like its cheap to do.. perhaps you can set up a fundraiser to pay for the entire R&D and production of the mission..

but honestly.. since when has photos convinced any HB?? if that were true then a moon landing hoax wouldnt even be an issue.
edit on 24-6-2013 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

think of the pr value half the planet does not trust the american goverment/nasa and all it would take is a few little rovers that do not require air. water/return trip

Most people don't trust the US government, but most people think we went to the moon. The PR value would be absolutely negligible. And the few moon hoaxers who still exist wouldn't believe it anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by choos

think of the pr value half the planet does not trust the american goverment/nasa and all it would take is a few little rovers that do not require air. water/return trip

The only thing that might convince the Moan Hoax crowd is if they were all personally taken to the moon and shown the landing sites. Even then, many of them would probably claim the sites were "set up recently" or some other convenient "yeah, but" idea -- such as that they (the hoax believers) were fooled somehow into thinking they were really taken to the moon, when they were not.

So I don't see how a rover/return mission would be enough to satisfy hoax believers who's minds seem to be so closed.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
but i want to see walli-e look back at earth from the moon - people should petition for this instead of buying fxx fighters how much is the military budget there again

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

but i want to see walli-e look back at earth from the moon - people should petition for this instead of buying fxx fighters how much is the military budget there again

Apollo 8 "Earthise on Christmas Eve, 1968":

Other Apollo 8 views of the Earthrise:
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...

Japan's Kaguya Spacecraft Earth rise videos:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Is that all of the SELENE footage (better known in Japan by its nickname Kaguya (かぐや) footage that you have? 3 and 1/2 minutes of CGI?

Apollo has hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours worth of 70mm lunar Kodak films and live lunar TV footage. The American broadcast networks also have hundreds of hours of digital archives of Apollo footage.

Random youtube users will upload hours and hours of American Network coverage of Apollo. These were the days when Howard Hughes and Richard Nixon were the Dynamic Duo. Sort of like a Batman & Robin.

I don't think that the Japanese SELENE (better known in Japan by its nickname Kaguya (かぐや) has proved anything with regard to Apollo.

If you look at it scientifically and objectively, SELENE/Kaguya did not scientifically or objectively confirm NASA's claim from July 1969.

I understand that the Apollo Defenders are using SELENE/Kaguya as a crutch of scientific objectivity. But really, the Japanese have not confirmed a god damned thing about Apollo.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Is that all of the SELENE footage (better known in Japan by its nickname Kaguya (かぐや) footage that you have? 3 and 1/2 minutes of CGI?

Apollo has hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours worth of 70mm lunar Kodak films and live lunar TV footage. The American broadcast networks also have hundreds of hours of digital archives of Apollo footage.

Random youtube users will upload hours and hours of American Network coverage of Apollo. These were the days when Howard Hughes and Richard Nixon were the Dynamic Duo. Sort of like a Batman & Robin.

I don't think that the Japanese SELENE (better known in Japan by its nickname Kaguya (かぐや) has proved anything with regard to Apollo.

If you look at it scientifically and objectively, SELENE/Kaguya did not scientifically or objectively confirm NASA's claim from July 1969.

I understand that the Apollo Defenders are using SELENE/Kaguya as a crutch of scientific objectivity. But really, the Japanese have not confirmed a god damned thing about Apollo.

Wow I'm betting next you'll tell us the moon is fake and was created by Nazi scientists after we II. Look the japanese weren't the only country to take pictures of the apollo landing sites there was also India and china and we know if they could prove the United States wrong they would.

Here is a page with all kinds of proof ill post this then you can post pictures that the landing sites aren't there.

www.squidoo.com/apollo-moon-landing-photos-from-space

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
As with all moon landing 'hoax' threads, Ill ask my question, and wait for the answer that will never come:

If we havent been to the moon, how can we reflect lazers, from earth, off of the reflective surfaces that were left behind?

I wont hold my breath for an answer.

I'll also ask my one question: If we hoaxed the landing(s), how did we keep it secret from Russia who were monitoring it all?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

They were all in it together.

That's right, that whole 'Cold War' thing was just a front so they could make satellite television.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco
reply to post by JonU2

That's right, that whole 'Cold War' thing was just a front so they could make satellite television.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by JonU2

Im going to assume you were being sarcastic or this makes little sense???????????

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm most definitely being sarcastic! I can't for the life of me see how anyone who has even a passing knowledge of the Cold War could assume that somehow, secretly, the upper echelons in the US and USSR were actually colluding. It's beyond stupid.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'm most definitely being sarcastic! I can't for the life of me see how anyone who has even a passing knowledge of the Cold War could assume that somehow, secretly, the upper echelons in the US and USSR were actually colluding. It's beyond stupid.

Did you forget that JFK ordered James Webb to cooperate with the Soviet Union on Outer Space Matters? What that means is the channels were open between DC and Moscow. edit to add: note the crazy interview with Robert McNamara where he says the USA could survive a surprise attack, and nuke Russia and deal with any third world black mail threats AND fight a two front war.

edit on 6/27/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos

you mean unmanned craft designed to see if its safe for humans to go to the moon?? perchance do you even know the purpose of the surveyor probes?

actually why stop here at the surveyor probes.. do you know the purpose of the pioneer program? explorer program? ranger program?

So without any biological tests (ie:animal missions), they concluded it WAS safe....

"In terms of hazard to crewmen in the heavy, well-shielded command module, even the largest solar-particle event on record (November 12, 1960) would not have caused any impairment of crewmember functions or ability of the crewmen to complete their mission safely. It is estimated that within the command module during this event
the crewmen would have received a dose of 60 to 100 rads to their skin and 10 to 30 rads to their blood-forming organs (bone and spleen) (refs. 4 and 5). Other estimates have indicated that skin dose from this event could have been as high as 270 rads."

www.hq.nasa.gov... (pg.7)

So what are they saying now?...

"The ISS is basically an aluminum structure. a well-proven technology for that historical development. However, aluminum is a poor radiation shield material to hazardous outside of LEO applications."

"Clearly, aluminum which was taken as a reasonable shield material a few years ago is now considered a poor candidate for future spacecraft construction"

books.google.ca...,+aluminum+is+a+poor+radiation+shield+material+to+hazardous+outside+of+LEO+a pplications&source=bl&ots=4NyPjAI-Sp&sig=M-7yoTePpGDPlgSVl4QaekWe-Zc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZwTOUbLsFYPTiwKz34Bw&ved=0CEYQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=However%2C%20alumi num%20is%20a%20poor%20radiation%20shield%20material%20to%20hazardous%20outside%20of%20LEO%20applications&f=false

"Aluminum has been found to be a poor shield material when dose equivalent is used with exposure limits for low Earth orbit (LEO) as a guide for shield requirements." (pg.4)

"Whereas aluminum was considered a useful shield material a few years ago, now it is considered as not only a poor shield material but may even be hazardous to the astronaut’s health because dose equivalent may be a poor predictor of astronaut risk" (pg.4)

"In fact studies using biological-based models of radiation response indicate that aluminum may indeed provide an additional hazard to the astronaut (ref. 7). This ineffectiveness and possibly added hazard of aluminum result from the secondary particle production processes in breaking up incident GCR ions within the shield." (pg.6-7)

"Space radiation exposures will be the primary limiting factor in space exploration and in establishing a permanent human presence in space. During the past several years of shield code development, it has been established that aluminum space structures would make poor shields for human occupants. The need to look at new ways of constructing spacecraft is now evident because current estimates indicate aluminum to be an ineffective protection material." (pg.8)

www.cs.odu.edu...

Aluminum was used in Apollo spacecraft. They said it was a "heavy, well-shielded" craft, which could even protect a crew against the largest SPE ever recorded at the time (in 1960).

That was back in 1973 - only a year after Apollo's last manned moon landing (supposedly) took place.

So animal tests weren't needed after all!! Thanks to all the data from Pioneer, et al.

Not a chance.

Originally posted by choos

and what is wrong with sending animals before humans?? have you never heard of testing on animals before? it might be unethical but i dont see your point really. makeup companies used to test products on animals too.. must mean its too dangerous to sell it to the general public right?
edit on 23-6-2013 by choos because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2013 by choos because: (no reason given)

You should ask NASA that question, no??

There's nothing wrong with sending animals before humans! That's my whole point!

Why didn't they test animals? There's only one possible reason - because it's a hoax. No need to test animals in such a case.

Of course, a few animal tests could easily have been faked. Maybe they didn't consider it necessary to fake any, at the time.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Why were they silent about JFK's murder? To ignore that huge conflict in your argument is beyond stupid

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by turbonium1

And yet, you still haven't posted a single number to show just how dangerous it would be, and if it really was impossible because of radiation levels.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And yet, you still haven't posted a single number to show just how dangerous it would be, and if it really was impossible because of radiation levels.

Here's a good number.

It represents the number of human beings who have been outside the Earth Radiation Belts since 1972.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

But how about some radiation numbers. People keep repeating how dangerous aluminum shielding is, but haven't shown a single number that shows that radiation is too dangerous for humans beyond LEO. Let's see some numbers.
edit on 6/28/2013 by Zaphod58 because: Misread post I was replying to

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

As i all ready explained aluminum was interior the entire exterior of the craft was coated with brazed stainless fiberglass honeycomb filled with phenolic epoxy resin. This is what provided protection not aluminum. Glass is very effective against cosmic rays. If your going to make an argument at least know what the craft was made of aluminum provided mostly structural support. Heres your project find out what the walls were made of then come back and will discuss shielding.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbonium1

Why were they silent about JFK's murder? To ignore that huge conflict in your argument is beyond stupid

What are you talking about how was the Russians supposed to know unless of course they helped in which case i doubt they would admit it major logic failure here.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join