It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

i mean what was its purpose..

the intention.. a distraction for what? land grab? oil? religion? money? its not democracy vs communism because thats what tv says, so then what was its purpose?

i realise you say its part of the plan but its just doesnt fit in.. its like im going to plan to make a sandwich for tomorrow, so im going to start a fight with my cousin. why start a fight with my cousin?? because i want a sandwich tomorrow.
edit on 4-6-2013 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Arizona State University is erasing the reseau marks from the Apollo pictures and then they copyright the images in an exclusive deal with NASA.

You are blatantly wrong here. And your position on this further demonstrates your inability to perform basic research, and/or discern reality from fiction.

ASU and NASA CAN NOT obtain copyrights in any way as publicly funded entities.

Also, ASU is going through the painstaking process of scanning and blemish correction of the Apollo Mapping Camera System, and not any surface shots taken by the mission astronauts on the moon.

Never a Straight Answer is always covering up for Nixon

Resorting to topic deflection and knee-jerk conspiracy idioms demonstrates a lack of proficiency with the subject matter.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Arizona State University is erasing the reseau marks from the Apollo pictures and then they copyright the images in an exclusive deal with NASA.

As I posted before in this thread

Digital scans of Apollo flight film images (Metric, Panoramic, ALSCC, 70mm Hasselblad, 35mm Nikon and Stellar) in their raw (unprocessed) form are in the public domain

So the images are in the Public Domain, why claim otherwise?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well the Apollo negatives were always under CIA control and they still are.

Wrong. ASU They are held at the Johnson Space Center

ASU has agreements with NASA for some level of exclusive access to the Apollo negatives.

Because they have the equipment to do so without damaging the originals.

It's also clear that the president of ASU is a former executive from In-Q-Tel, a known CIA front.

Your data is lacking. In-Q-Tel is not a "CIA Front," it's the venture capital arm of the CIA, no deception. Over the years I've meet several people in technology who have either worked as an advisor to In-Q-Tel, or who have had businesses funded by In-Q-Tel. They generally tend to be exceptional people who are working hard to push technology forward.

But what's not clear to me. Does ASU perform the scanning in situ at the facility where the negatives have been kept on lock down for 43 years,

Really. The procedure is well documented on the ASU website and very easy to discover. Again, you're demonstrating your lack of actual research, and desire to engage in conjecture based on your own fictions.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So now asteroiids are a nixon plot with all the stuff he controls its a wonder he was impeached. Look everyone likes to specullate but whaen you take it into pure fantasy it goes to far. Lett me say this at this point your doing nothing but interfering with this discussion as you amaze people with the shear stupidity oof your theory. Please allow us to continue things were just getting interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Hiya Sayonara

Was some discussion about this I remember in an older thread, so I think it's easier to link off to it than repeat myself too much since we've discussed that before.

Hiya Pinke. Yup I do remember that thread!
It was a very good and vigorous discussion and the OP was quite convincing in the arguments.

I do understand what you mean. If the entire cadre of professional photojournalists in the world aren't speaking loudly about this issue (NASA is removing the reseau marks from Apollo images) then why should I even care?

It still might be possible that the photojournalistic community is speaking softly about it?? It is possible don't you think?

This is the same line I get all the time "So What?!". It's almost as if nobody out there on ATS really cares that NASA Apollo image history is being digitally altered for cosmetic reasons while taxpayers are no doubt funding all of it.

Here's a good reason WHY they should care: All NASA has to do is start pulling the plugs on the existing servers. It is well know that NASA provided multiple server farms for Apollo images in diverse regions of the United States. NASA will say it's not economical and start pulling the plugs. And when after all the plugs are pulled? ASU will have all the best scans on their servers not .gov servers. That's called a switcher-oo and NASA does it all the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Read it and weep.

These images, and their associated derived products, may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, translated, modified or have derivative works made of the imagery, in whole or in part. Source apollo.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes. That is the commercial use clause.

Here is the non-commercial use clause:

Arizona State University retains the rights to any derived products (such as post-scanning processed digital images and movies), in part and in whole. ASU hereby grants permission for news media, educators, personal, and scientific users to download and use individual ASU-produced Apollo images and their complete associated captions if applicable for personal, educational, and research uses without express permission.

I don't see anyone selling the images. Do you?
edit on 6/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Read it and weep.

These images, and their associated derived products, may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, translated, modified or have derivative works made of the imagery, in whole or in part. Source apollo.sese.asu.edu...

Seriously, you lack any real-world experience or research capability... don't you?

Let's look at the entire piece...

Arizona State University retains the rights to any derived products (such as post-scanning processed digital images and movies), in part and in whole. ASU hereby grants permission for news media, educators, personal, and scientific users to download and use individual ASU-produced Apollo images and their complete associated captions if applicable for personal, educational, and research uses without express permission. The following credit line is required: "NASA/JSC/Arizona State University." If space constraints do not permit a credit line of this length, then "NASA/JSC/ASU" is acceptable.

The post-scanning processed digital images, and associated derived products, are provided with a non-exclusive, non-transferable license. These images, and associated derived products, may not be used in any commercial or business environment or for any commercial or business purposes for yourself or any third parties. These images, and their associated derived products, may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, translated, modified or have derivative works made of the imagery, in whole or in part. You also may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sub-license, market, or transfer the imagery or any part thereof or use it in any manner not expressly authorized.

In entirety, the rights declaration gives anyone the ability to use the images so long as the end product is not for commercial use. Meaning, you can't download them, make a book out of them, and sell it for a profit.

Seriously? Are you just trolling ATS to make conspiracy theorists look stupid?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I don't see anyone selling the images. Do you?

Selling would have little to do with it. They are performing an Orwellian operation on the Apollo images. They were probably hoping that you wouldn't notice the switch over from reseau images to non-reseau images.

How many good arguments could you make in support of NASA's removal of reseau pattern marks from the Apollo images? One? Is NASA doing this for all mankind?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

They are performing an Orwellian operation on the Apollo images.
Nah. Aesthetic.

How many good arguments could you make in support of NASA's removal of reseau pattern marks from the Apollo images? One? Is NASA doing this for all mankind?
What nefarious reason can you come up with? But let's just forget about all the images with the marks on them that are all over the internet. And let's just forget about of the descriptions of the marks and how and why they are there, all over the internet.

edit on 6/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The pertinent section which you quoted if you read it you have to start at the beginning "Arizona State University retains the rights..."

Everything you read after the introduction are considered mere permissions. It's the basic of legal construction. Those pictures, that ASU produced, will no longer belong to NASA or the public under this contract.

Let's face it. What NASA/ASU are doing here is the equivalent of creating a second set of books on Apollo images, without the reseau pattern marks.

If you support Apollo this should be pure blasphemy for you!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhageWhat nefarious reason can you come up with? But let's just forget about all the images with the marks on them that are all over the internet. And let's just forget about of the descriptions of the marks and how and why they are there, all over the internet.

You mean all the various low res jpg versions of low res NASA scans that Phage keeps on his hard drive? Completely useless!

NASA might decide to move the Apollo negatives to Goddard and they might get lost on the way. Just like the 700+ boxes of Apollo telemetry tapes were lost forever on the long, long journey between National Archives and Goddard.

When this kind of evidence goes missing under suspicious circumstances it really is a red flag for Apollo. Just about like everything else is when you scratch the surface of Apollo.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

NASA's removal of reseau pattern marks from the Apollo images?

You seem very confused again, in one post you claim ASU is removing the marks, now you claim NASA is doing it. That is the problem in telling stories and not sticking to the facts, you have to remember what you posted before, or you look silly!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

So tell us again.
What is nefarious about rescanning the negatives and editing out the marks (while telling us they are doing so)?

edit on 6/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just some recent headlines that support the Rosin/von Braun threat timeline on Asteroids.

NASA test is looking up for asteroids
USA TODAY (blog)-14 hours ago
But Tuesday, in a remote area of Kennedy Space Center, NASA lifted the veil on a project that could lead to a sophisticated early-warning .. Source www.usatoday.com...

"This is a technology demonstration that could help us identify some of those objects," said NASA Associate Administrator Robert Lightfoot -- the agency's highest ranked civil servant.

Wait a minute, Bolden is not a civil servant?

They transmit a high-power, higher resolution radar signal that promises to be more flexible, and more precise, than current NASA dishes that are oversubscribed.

NASA's 230-foot Deep Space Network antenna at Goldstone, Calif., is a great asset for staring at small swaths of sky, but it is used to downlink data from hundreds of operating satellites every day.

Seibert and NASA project manager Michael Miller say that if testing goes well, and their system is scaled up, they might be able to create a high-power, high-resolution radar system that could be on an asteroid hunt 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

They could operate a system singularly devoted to an asteroid early-warning system focused on asteroid detection, characterization and tracking.

"A Planet Saving Radar System" - so said the WCSH tv reporter

NASA developing asteroid tracking system
WCSH-TV - ‎9 hours ago‎
NASA scientists said radar is 100,000 times more precise than a telescope at predicting exactly where an asteroid will go. They said the potentially planet-saving radar system could determine whether we could be part of the next mass-extinction event. Source www.wcsh6.com...

We are already receiving the benefits of NASA's newly inspired (recently expanded) Asteroid Watch facilities.
Should we be expecting to see more frequent, and increasingly dangerous, close encounters with Asteroids?

Hubble telescope spots bizarre asteroid sporting comet-like tail
Space Daily - ‎41 minutes ago‎
NASA's GRAIL Mission Solves Mystery of Moon's Surface Gravity · Moon dust samples missing for 40 years found in Calif. warehouse · Unusual minerals in moon craters may have been delivered from space · Moon being pushed away from Earth faster than ... Source www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So tell us again.
What is nefarious about rescanning the negatives and editing out the marks (while telling us they are doing so)?

Because it's creating a 2nd set of books on the Apollo images. My advice to NASA would be to cancel this project with ASU. It doesn't make sense to erase the reseau pattern marks but leave some other smudges in certain images like they said they would do. Any Apollo researcher could look at any of these ASU images and plainly say "It's a FAKE" because it would be a true fact. That would be a total PR disaster for NASA's credibility. The news headlines would read

NASA FAKES APOLLO IMAGES, No Comment from HQ

I think I can accept the fact that NASA "recentered" and "cropped" and maybe "tinted" some images for the sake of making a nice magazine cover or poster for the school room. But to mass produce faked images of the Apollo program is nefarious.
Adjective
(of an action or activity) Wicked or criminal: "the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates".

edit on 6/5/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add def.

edit on 6/5/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix tags

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Because it's creating a 2nd set of books on the Apollo images.

Just the images taken from orbit. Why is it bad to utilize modern technology to digitally improve and preserve old film negatives that have a limited life span of both quality and viability?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Your data is lacking. In-Q-Tel is not a "CIA Front," it's the venture capital arm of the CIA, no deception. Over the years I've meet several people in technology who have either worked as an advisor to In-Q-Tel, or who have had businesses funded by In-Q-Tel. They generally tend to be exceptional people who are working hard to push technology forward.

Ok, how do personal anecdotes support your argument? Deception or no deception, In-Q-Tel, is by definition a front for the CIA. I could claim the same thing, you know. I had a couple of these people visit my office today. They were in a jolly mood.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Because it's creating a 2nd set of books on the Apollo images.

Just the images taken from orbit. Why is it bad to utilize modern technology to digitally improve and preserve old film negatives that have a limited life span of both quality and viability?

It's only a matter of time before every Apollo image (to the last one) has gone through and been grossly edited, CGI enhanced by NASA's propaganda assembly line fakery. I'm really surprised that so many people are defending NASA's less than journalistic intentions.

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join