It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point of trying anymore ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

Once you get rid of the trappings of modern society and realize we DON"T ALL THIS BULL#, you are free. As long as you take care of your kids and gf, more power to you. The endless pursuit of things, be it money, houses, cars, electronics, whatever never makes a person happy. Anybody who says different is lying or doesn't know wtf they are talking about. Going to work everyday like a good little worker bee is only for the little slaves who need that kind of enforced discipline. Love and live more. No one in the last years of their life ever looks back and wishes they had been in the office more. Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
More power to you OP. If you are happy not spending the majority of your life working so you can live in an overly inflated housing market and then filling your house with more stuff then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If those of you who are happy working and paying for your houses to fill with stuff and buying stuff for your family then so be it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Just do what makes you happy people and forget about how much money you will or won't make.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

I worked hard all my life at times holding down 3 jobs, to feed my family,my husband would'nt work, so it was down to me, an we coped. Now in the last 3 years i've become disabled , i cant work , (so ive been told) an i would love to, it gives you a sense of purpose, atm im looking into training to be a librarian, as i still have a child to feed an clothe an would like to provide more than just a meager pittance the government gives us to live on,working to me provides the luxuries i cant get in life at the moment, i dont go out i dont drink, id like to give my child a better quality of life an show to him that you do have to work hard to get what you deserve.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's the deal people....

You work full time, sure you pay your way, but to what end ?

Survival ?

At what cost ?

Deflection from the truth....

It costs nothing to be born, capitalism is destructive, granted there isn't a better way out there presently, regardless, capitalism isn't it.

So you go to work pay your bills, like good little people, under the premise of living, hating on those who do not for whatever reason.

You know what, why ?

What stops you from taking your own fate into your own hands ?

The whole world believes money is key to living, when in fact money is the prison the world has created for itself, sure there are some winners in the game, but for the vast majority it is enslavement.

Those giving the OP a hard time should be ashamed of themselves, so you work full time to support yourself, and your family, you don't have handouts, good for you.

But did you ever think that actually it is you who is being played.

Ironically you come to ATS...I don't get it, frequent a conspiracey site, yet actually fail to see the consipracey.

What we should be discussing is how it has come to this, as the OP said, he paid his dues, for little to no return, only to discover a better life for himself when he took a little bit more of a back seat approach.

Let's be smart people, it's what we do !

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the OP even realizes that he's become the very same problem that his complaint of why he couldn't make ends meet was...

The reason why people can't make ends meet is because the cost of living is going up at a faster rate than the wage and job growth can keep up with. Why is this ? One of the reasons is because over the past few decades, more and more people are becoming fully or partially more dependent on welfare and other social programs for far too many reasons to even list in this post. Which means more taxpayer money is having to go into the kitty to pay for it all. Ergo, the cost of living keeps going higher and higher at a faster rate than our wages and job opportunities can. And around and around it goes.

OP, you've now literally added to the very problem of why you couldn't make ends meet before by using the welfare program to subsidize your now lesser wages to keep you and your family afloat.

The social and economic structure of our society is literally killing itself in a circular pattern... a problem causes a problem which becomes a problem to the problem... and so on, becoming more chaotic and complex as time goes on. It is literally a circular problem.

And it's going to get much worse until it finally crashes and implodes on its self. And before that happens, people will start dropping like flies for lack of proper shelter and nutrition. More than likely, it will be us, the working slaves who suffer the onset before the implosion.

Have you considered relocating to somewhere else where the cost of living isn't so high ? Like getting out of the big cities, or even getting out of the UK altogether ? In the country, the farther you get from big cities, the cheaper the living is, thus a person can pump gas and still make ends meet. And if that is no longer possible in the UK, then it's time to get the hell out of the UK.

That may sound drastic, but let's face it... the UK is a tiny island with limited living space and employment opportunities. The population there has grown over and above the island's capability to sustain it.

Consider packing your family's bags and moving elsewhere, because it's going to get much much worse. To the point that eventually social programs (such as welfare subsidy) are going to fall apart and disappear too. And if you don't have that subsidy to help you meet your cost of living needs for lack of proper employment, you and your family are going to be royally screwed either way you look at it.

You are temporarily enjoying the benefit of welfare subsidy... but it will not last. And you need to prepare for that by getting the hell off of the sinking ship and finding a new place to hang your hat.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

In hindsight , after talking to a friend,i think you did the right thing, my post of earlier i should of thought about more.Good luck to you i was wrong in what i said .
You seem to have a happier better life now
edit on 26-11-2012 by imnothereru because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Everything I want to say about money;

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I was just going to post something similar but solar said most of what i wanted to point out.

Did some of the people that responded even actually read the op's message? It looks to me that some here made up their mind before even finishing reading it.

.The op does have work
.The op has worked for his entire adult life

No point in flinging mud at him for being "lazy". He worked and works in the system and found out that the system is working against him which is true for most people today that do not have a high paygrade.

when you see that people that live of of welfare are left with more or as much money as you after paying all your expenses for basic living while you are busting your ass to do so then you know that something is not right.

Why would you ?

I have seen answers to this in the form of "Pride" and "Dignity" right of the bat at the start of this thread, its ridiculous !

Pride in being played ?
Dignity in being suckered into it ?

Governments would just luhuve you people who dont mind to be paid with a pat on the back (most likely self administered it seems)

What is next, should we pay to work instead of getting payed so we can claim pride and dignity or are we then ready to admit that people are being used? Truth is , in the current capitalistic system we do not work for pride. We work for a living and that is really the end of it. Having the feeling of self fulfillment is certainty not limited to having a paying job , it is totally separate from the subject at hand but mostly used as a tool for the "tool" that loves to use it as a argument against the case.

The op now still has a job , works less, makes more and has more time for his familly and people in here look down on him for what again ......?

I say , he gets it and ...He won more then most here

Contemplate that when you sit on your pride during your next audit

edit on 26-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: typo

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."

Your priority should be your kids, and your wife; but don't forget about yourself.
My advice; you gotta figure out what you love doing, and do that. As long as you do that, you'll be fine. Although as vague as that might sound, I think, generally, it is correct.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonodox
reply to post by reficul

Pride can be obtained without employment for sure as it is a subjective feeling based on one's own achievements. Dignity, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game.
edit on 26-11-2012 by anonodox because: must check post before posting

I'm not real sure how anyone who works for any of the most popular enterprises can have any pride or dignity from their employment. In fact most of the jobs people do should actually embarrass them as they are just abetting the current broken system.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Got my answer right here.

Lottery Drawing On Wednesday Causes Millions To Chase Record $425 Million Powerball Jackpot

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Wishful thinking.

The point of trying is to keep it going,you know?
The family.
Your life.
A happy life.

It's really about the journey more than the final destination.

I graduated from highschool ,barely,with plans already in place to go to a college to get a degree in electronics.
My parents didn't pay for that,the government did through student loans and grants.

Took about 4 or 5 years to get that 2 year degree,but I got it.I worked hard for it.

That was in 1982 and after.

30 years later,I have a family and we are comfortable.

Because I never gave up.
Well,there were moments when I did,but I always got back on my feet with no help from others.
I have always been strongly independent.

Ever since I left home when I was 17 years old.

Freedom and independence is priceless and worth the fight.
You just have to want it bad enough.
edit on 26-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have to admit that I like to do a hard days work. Recently I build a small house for myself and that was more rewarding then the last few years of me working.

I'm getting very close to retirement and am considering building another house just because I can.

I like hard work. However, I figure that if I work hard I should get something in return.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin
Isn't it interesting that if we don't work HARD, some of us lose our pride and dignity?

Yep ridiculous. People who want to work hard is fine by me, but they don’t have any more dignity than someone who doesn’t work hard. More like, they are troubled souls, and trying to find a way in which to feel better about themselves and their miserable lives – namely trying to shame other people who don’t work as HARD as they do.

I work full time in a very cushy government job here in Canberra Australia. It’s very easy work, though my income next to many here is very average and I do struggle to pay mortgage and bills. I feel similar to the OP. But have managed to get a job that is tolerable and pay and conditions are good.

Having said that, it was difficult years in the making to get where I have today. I failed school back in 1986 and am 42 years old now. Yes I did work hard and lived sacrificially for a number of years, but that was to advance my career and come to a place where I don’t have to work HARD to make the income I need. As such, I also do not feel the need to go around and shame or belittle people like the OP and others in similar positions. Rather I feel blessed and thankful, not so miserable to be hostile and judgmental - which clearly shows by those attitudes just how rewarding HARD work really is, not!

ETA that I feel some pity toward those who can only find their dignity and worth in working hard. What a poor waste of a life to live. Often such people end up very depressed when they retire because they failed to find their worth and dignity in who they are besides their job. I have dignity and worth just from being a good person, going to the gym and doing weights or whatever other hobby or activity I like to do and enjoy.

edit on 26-11-2012 by surrealist because: Spelling and comments

edit on 26-11-2012 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I have to admit that I like to do a hard days work. Recently I build a small house for myself and that was more rewarding then the last few years of me working.

I'm getting very close to retirement and am considering building another house just because I can.

I like hard work. However, I figure that if I work hard I should get something in return.

Not so much about working hard,but about working smart.

It is just unbelievable the amount of politics that are required sometimes to get and keep a job.
Making a name for yourself,building a reputation.
Gaining respect.
That is taking pride in what you do.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

ETA that I feel some pity toward those who can only find their dignity and worth in working hard. What a poor waste of a life to live. Often such people end up very depressed when they retire because they failed to find their worth and dignity in who they are besides their job. I have dignity and worth just from being a good person, going to the gym and doing weights or whatever other hobby or activity I like to do and enjoy.

I feel pity towards you for feeling that way.
So your contribution to society is what?
Being a good person and going to the gym?

Really?

Seems to be a poor waste of air.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinka
why go to work for little gain

So that you can at least eat something.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I feel pity towards you for feeling that way.
So your contribution to society is what?
Being a good person and going to the gym?

Really?

Seems to be a poor waste of air.

Clearly I hit such a raw nerve with you that you overlooked a complete paragraph in my post where I mentioned that I work full time in a cushy government job where my work is very easy and the pay and conditions are great.

Now where my contribution to society is generously provided here is that in my team specifically, we work to our Federal Education Minister Peter Garrett to assist public and catholic schools with their staffing requirements by finding top quality teachers. Mine is a national coordination role with one of the two teacher recruitment programs.

My stakeholders appreciate my contribution and secretariat duties greatly in this work.

Kind regards

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Clearly I hit such a raw nerve with you that you overlooked a complete paragraph in my post where I mentioned that I work full time in a cushy government job where my work is very easy and the pay and conditions are great.

I apologize,I did overlook that.

My wife also works in education,started out in what used to be special education is now exceptional childhood education.
She has been in administration for a few years,but went back to the class room.
Still,long hours but good pay.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why doesn't anyone ever ask the question....

Why do we keep food under lock and key?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join