It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point of trying anymore ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We are the only species that has to pay to be on this planet. Banks own everything and houses are 3 times or more than they are worth.When you work over time you get taxed to death and it almost seems like the government doesnt want you to work.Or keep the poor or middle class spinning their wheels.Going to school, getting married ,buying a house and have kids doesnt quite work anymore. If you have to slave so many hours and destroy your health just to provide for your family there is something wrong. You are not much of a father or mother if your kids dont see you. Love is making you do it but it doesnt keep the family together.Maybe it is the plan to break up families. As for the OP good on you for able to just to let go of everything and start fresh.Enjoy your family.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Enjoy your free ride because next year you're going to feel the full force of your laziness, yes I did say "laziness", because you simply gave up and let other hard workers pay for YOU!!

People like you make me sick to the stomach, what future do your 2 children have now then? No car when their older to give them a helping start finding work? No bank account with enough to help them on their way? pathetic!! What a truly pathetic thread and why has it been posted here on ATS? Their is no conspiracy here just another lazy joke of a human that we have to pay for!!
edit on 28-11-2012 by Mrskyblueworld because: n/a

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrskyblueworld

I work, but I play the system for maximum gain and an easyer life.

The system plays you.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OP, it sounds to me more like a lack of skill and lack of value you bring, than a lack of opportunities. Sure, you can scale back your quality of life in exchange for working less (increasing quality of life that way in return), but let's face it, you're trading off material goods (home ownership, probably vehicle quality, clothing, etc.) for laziness, and a lack of skills/smarts.

I have several friends and family in the UK. They're all very successful. They're not the "lucky 12", they've just made choices and efforts which have allowed them to "live well" in modern society's definition.

For you, living off the state, in rented housing, with no hope of saving for a comfortable retirement, while setting an example for your kids to do the same, sounds like you're much happier than you were before, and that's great. You just need to realize that there is a trade-off for hardly working. Should the state stop the handouts, you're going to starve, and your children will starve amd freeze to death as well. You also probably need to live your life fairly close to your apartment. The state doesn't spring for island vacations.

There are jobs, there is opportunity, and there is always something you can do to improve your situation. Sometimes it's just more difficult, and sometimes you've got years of bad choices stacked against you. Sometimes, even, you need to overcome crooks at the highest echelons of the government and economy. The fact is unemployment in the US (I'm guessing the UK isn't a whole lot different) is somewhere near 10%. That means 9 of 10 people have jobs. So there is work, as long as you're not among the 10% least-employable.

It would seem to me, you're assigning blame in the wrong place, likely because you truly aren't happy with the position you've put yourself in.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
We are the only species that has to pay to be on this planet. Banks own everything and houses are 3 times or more than they are worth.When you work over time you get taxed to death and it almost seems like the government doesnt want you to work.Or keep the poor or middle class spinning their wheels.Going to school, getting married ,buying a house and have kids doesnt quite work anymore. If you have to slave so many hours and destroy your health just to provide for your family there is something wrong. You are not much of a father or mother if your kids dont see you. Love is making you do it but it doesnt keep the family together.Maybe it is the plan to break up families. As for the OP good on you for able to just to let go of everything and start fresh.Enjoy your family.

I agree that the hours the average person has to work to get by are ridiculous, and the reason for that is everything from collection of wealth at the top, to military/wars, to lazy people feeding off the work of the rest of us, but to say some of the things you're saying - they're just plain wrong or illogical.

Houses 3x+ what they're worth? Then why does anyone buy them? Personally, I could sell my house on my 1/8 acre, and buy 100 acres in the middle of nowhere, and build a bigger, nicer house on it. My "house" isn't worth $270k, but the location of my property, with a house on it is. Jobs and other factors in the vacinity are why my same house, if it were located in Detroit, would only sell for $8,000.

Working overtime you get taxed to death - this is an example of how most people have no idea how taxes work. Marginal income tax rates only apply to adjusted gross income over a certain amount. So if your total earnings for the year are an adjusted $40,000, all of the income from $0.01-$8,700 is taxed at 10%. From dollar $8701-$35,350, you are taxed at 15% from $35,350-$40,000, you're taxed at 25%. If you work overtime to earn beyond that, the tax rate on that overtime continues to be taxed at 25%, but for every dollar over $85,650, the rate rises to a whopping...28%. There is no tax code, at least in the US, where you're taxed heavier for working overtime. You might have a higher *witholding rate*, which is intended to adjust your overall pay-in to keep you closer to the correct overall rate for the year, but your witholding rate doesn't mean you're actually taxed more.

As far as the whole school/house/marriage thing not working anymore, I beg to differ. I worked my way through college, I finally bought my house 3 1/2 years ago, got married, and now I have a kid, who I'm with every evening and all weekend. My wife is an at-home mom, so she's with him all the time. I've been sick three times in the last 20 years - food poisoning twice, and pneumonia from a nasty bug that swept through all of us on a camping trip. I'd say my health is fine too.

People need to stop assuming that things aren't possible, or even common, just because they have failed to fulfill such things. It's a negative, self-fulfilling prophecy mindset. Things are nowhere near as bad as many people would like to believe they are - people just like to feel sorry for themselves, and absolutely despise putting forth any real effort.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrskyblueworld
Enjoy your free ride because next year you're going to feel the full force of your laziness, yes I did say "laziness", because you simply gave up and let other hard workers pay for YOU!!

People like you make me sick to the stomach, what future do your 2 children have now then? No car when their older to give them a helping start finding work? No bank account with enough to help them on their way? pathetic!! What a truly pathetic thread and why has it been posted here on ATS? Their is no conspiracy here just another lazy joke of a human that we have to pay for!!
edit on 28-11-2012 by Mrskyblueworld because: n/a

Yes, because if you're better off working less hours and you take it then you're obviously lazy because it's not as if humans have anything else to do on this planet other than work.
How dare he make the most of his situation, he's supposed to play along like a good little slave while the masters concoct another genius plan to make him work longer and for less while they sit back and drink champagne.
Any person who objects to slave labour should be shot because he is a worthless human being because he's running up our debt which is too large to pay off anyway, but shhh... dont tell him that, or he might figure out the game is rigged, and whatever you do, please don't tell him that the debt was created by the masters themselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrskyblueworld

this guy is the true idiot. first off. your a jackass if you think unemployment comes from others. Franklin D. Roosevelt started it here in the states and now "In the majority of States, benefit funding is based solely on a tax imposed on employers. (Three (3) States require minimal employee contributions.) "

People like you make me sick to the stomach, what future do your 2 children have now then?

lol. what do yours have if the dollar collapses? to me it looks like they will turn out the chumps that worked for all these years to find out their money might be worth #. yea you might afford your 2 br box and to keep yourself fed. but your really trying to argue that's worth wasting your whole life? a 2 bedroom apartment (a small house if you're lucky) and only (for now) but how would you keep making payments if your money keeps being worth less and less? you make me sick because you sound like the early Germans before WWII went down.. "keep at it! its gonna trun around".

Before World War I Germany was a prosperous country, with a gold-backed currency, expanding industry, and world leadership in optics, chemicals, and machinery. The German Mark, the British shilling, the French franc, and the Italian lira all had about equal value, and all were exchanged four or five to the dollar. That was in 1914. In 1923, at the most fevered moment of the German hyperinflation, the exchange rate between the dollar and the Mark was one trillion Marks to one dollar, and a wheelbarrow full of money would not even buy a newspaper. Most Germans were taken by surprise by the financial tornado

this describes Mrskyblueworld even beter.

But the bourgeois habits were very strong. Ordinary citizens worked at their jobs, sent their children to school and worried about their grades, maneuvered for promotions and rejoiced when they got them, and generally expected things to get better. But the prices that had doubled from 1914 to 1919 doubled again during just five months in 1922. Milk went from 7 Marks per liter to 16; beer from 5.6 to 18. There were complaints about the high cost of living. Professors and civil servants complained of getting squeezed. Factory workers pressed for wage increases. An underground economy developed, aided by a desire to beat the tax collector.

get back to work... save your opinions for your children..or better yet go wipe their asses into their 30s as planned.

No bank account with enough to help them on their way? pathetic

no sir you are the pathetic one. breeding kids to be dependent on their parents is so much more pathetic than anything else. America consists of these kids and they are all oblivious to the world because of douche bags like this.. my dad gave me a 1,000 and said good luck. and hes worth a mill. what did you dad do for u? send you to any school you wanted and bough u the car u chose?

its sad to think that in this day and age people are so duped into thinking (this is the way it is). when the funniest thing is all you needed at one point was a house. (which i could build solo "in 1-2 months" (provided materials). food (a few animals and crops on your property) and water. to me with all the technology we have these should be more than easily doable. if we took all our money spent on war in America for just one year. im pretty confident it could put a solar panel on the roof of every house in the u.s.. thats just one year.. but dumb ****'s like (Mrskyblueworld) were right back to being peasants for the kings, or slaves for the pharaohs. but hes to stupid to realize this time were all just WILLINGLY doing it. its worked in every civilization ever. just like the Romans. we just perfect it more and more with every new age. and cause of stupid asses like this. it works every time..

im right there with you OP.

www.pbs.org...

edit on 28-11-2012 by MikeHawke because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by MikeHawke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

If the same house somewhere else is worth less then your house or land is over inflated.The banks do this to get more because of people wanting to live in a certain area.Why people still buy them because some can or they want to but it doesn't mean they should.Here houses start at $500,000 and if you go out in the country it drops about $200,000.The houses in one area are over a million and some areas are 2 to 6 million.Most people are priced out of the market.The law has changed and you have to have a larger down payment. There is not as much work in the country or the commute is brutal(at least 2hrs both ways). I worked over 20 hours over time and it added $100 which is less than a days pay. Ok you might get it back in taxes but I need it now. Most places now dont pay over time which is a growing trend.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think the funniest thing is people are always afraid of scams. yet every person ever buying a house goes into a bank and asks for a loan. This is where the ultimate scam begins. Say you want a house that's $200,000, well obviously no one has $200,000 lying around so you go to a bank. then in their system they let you take 200,000 from a digital number from their vault of infinity and you get your house. but to pay them back, they are going to expect (after your payments are all said and done) around $600,000. In real cash dollars that you earn from your working.. how can anyone not look at the way the banks work and not see that they are #ing absolutely everybody over. its amazing.. meanwhile you get about 1/3 of that hard earned money taken from you before you get it, and its givin to the people that need extra "help". like people who get section 8, food stamps, wic, welfare.. and this is whats know as (the way it is).. im pretty sure ever forefather of America warned us about this, and many others..

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson."- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt

“If congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations.”
- Andrew Jackson

“Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
- David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The
issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to
whom it properly belongs." — Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President.

"Banks lend by creating credit. They create the means of payment out of nothing" — Ralph M.
Hawtrey, Secretary of the British Treasury

It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
-Henry Ford

“The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it’s profits or so dependent on it’s favors, that there will be no opposition from that class.”
-Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

thanks to stupid people like Mrskyblueworld. its never going to stop

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

It is easy to see your point, as 'the new world order' takes over your government and mine and brings the developed world onto a par with the third world there will be fewer decent jobs and more poor people, less services, lower quality everything and lots of toxic Chinese baby food. Understanding the machinations of the global economic system is no longer as difficult a task as it once was. People are waking up, but there is a point in the process of discovery when you are shocked and refuse to believe that there is a global elite who are in control of international relations, commerce, banking and economic security for almost the whole world and they seek to destroy civilization as we know it. Why? Because, to quote Christopher Hitchens, "The same reason that a dog licks his balls; because he can." Sadly and simply it is the madness of power. A small elite that is wholly and completely detached from common humanity and see the world as a vast feed lot full of helpless, dumb human animals in need of manipulation. Soon we will see an intensification of economic stress. They are constantly saying that civilization is too expensive, health, education, welfare, environmental protection, alternative energy, all things we must do without for reasons that are total fiction.
There are some pretty compelling reasons to give up but once you do you must resign yourself to being bullied into virtual slavery. You will have to give up the idea of acting on the dictates of your conscience as well as personal advancement and you will have to accept the condition of being treated like a soul-less consumer pawn who must stand and watch his culture destroyed, corrupted and vulgarized. I reccomend taking a look at the youtube video, 'Thrive', I have seen nothing as lucid, clear and comprehensive in explaining the present condition of global culture and no more honest exposure of the world oligarchy of control and destruction. There is hope and only those who keep hope alive will keep their sanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join