Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 17
27
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   


Essentially society has created a self centred, ego led humanity with little regard for the natural order of things. As such it is essentially doomed in it's current form. Castles made of sand. This is happening now with global economic and environmental collapse. Humanity should rethink it's leaders and know that somewhere along the line it was misled.


Can someone please tell me HOW THIS has anything to do with believing in aliens? You start your post "I believe in aliens" and then you proceed to postulate about completely different subject. I think it tells me more about your inner battle within yourself than about aliens.

There is not going to be any global economic collapse. There is always going to be a downfall and such is expected once in a while. We only have had modern economy for how many hundred of years? So there is no way for you to know for sure how often such cycles will repeat itself again. This is not a sign of economic collapse. In fact while it's bad for the eurozone, United States , Canada , China and other countries are slowly recovering. This has absolutely nothing to do with humanity not believing in aliens and has absolutely everything to with bad economic policies.
edit on 26-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
I dont NEED evidence.. before the past 50 years no one required evidence you ignorant moron. Humans share stories through means of vocals, thank our memory banks for storing this information..

Nowadays you all want pictures, videos of SPACESHIPS AND ALIENS! ARE YOU SREIOUS? And I look dumb? You people are soo lost from the truth. My mind is obviously more developed then most of the posters, posting here.
You CANNOT believe in the existence of something until you have a picture of video of it? Its not evidence if you see it with your own eyes; as millions have and shared there experience like normal humans, but you so called skeptics STILL dont believe because YOU didnt witness anything.

15 pages of child excuses. Not ONE person has openly admitted that the REASON they do not believe is because they dont want to. You follow outside sources like NASA who work for government and personal purposes ONLY. THEY DONT WORK FOR THE PUBLIC. The public is too stupid to understand this. You ACT like a skeptic to feel safe and confident in your intelligence, because society teaches you NOT to believe or give credit to something if science hsan't backed it up..

WHATEVER DUDE! Millions and millions are experiencing this 'phenomena'Its all coming soon enough.


This is the kind of inane response you get from someone that "doesn't need evidence" ^^^



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Skepticism is an attitude, not a belief. It embraces methodologies like critical thinking, logic and the scientific method to arrive at knowledge. Belief is founded on an unquestioning acceptance of another's authority or simple wish fulfillment. It does not result in knowledge.


If skepticism is an attitude then it is subjective and that is a sandy foundation for your argument.

it can "embrace" critical thinking but it is not always actually "critical" and I would go so far as to say it wasn't always "thinking" either.

your skeptical attitude is only willing to accept the statistical probability of sentient beings from other worlds. and at the same time that same attitude should tell you then that any other anthropomorphic descriptions of the new reality are moot and can not be described or understood completely. so in that case linear minded skeptics should say, "well then I should keep my mouth shut because I really don't know for sure what I'm talking about because my sense of logic is limited in these new areas.", but they don't. Their attitude won't let them.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Once again for those who havent read... Im leaving for Alberta tonight, I have some more packing the truck etc to do.. then a 2-3day drive out west. Dont have anymore time for the thread, learned enough about human ignorance though


Thanks for entertaining yourselves skeptics, Life is a WHOLE lot more then you are currently perceiving it to be. That is the truth your missing out, this is what science cant tell you yet.

If your intelligence and view on life is based on the progression of science, a human thought processing.. then your entire life is a waste of its own journey. Humans will eventually figure it "all" out; but right now we are in the toddler stage. We just had our FIRST technological development period in our known timeline about 100 years ago.. we havent understood everything within a century, stop acting like we have.

ETs will show themselves when they think WE are ready. Like I know now, the ETs know we are not ready for contact OR high-tech. We would turn it into flying killing machines or bombs anyways...

Your race, yourself for that matter, is not as intelligent as you arrogantly perceive you are. BIGGEST mistake one can make is being over confident in the unknown universe..

Love and prosper to all of you on your travels; peace

~ Love is an art (because you love signatures people)



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by stanislav
How is your age and life experience have anything to do with what I just said to you in my other post? I have experienced first hand alien abduction, astral projection, sleep paralysis, shadow beings and a whole lot of paranormal activities throughout my childhood till this day. So what ??? I can tell you with all honesty that even though I have had all of the above and more, I cannot say without a doubt that any of these was real. There is literally no proof of it other than my own subjective testimony. Personal experience is VERY subjective. For all I know it could have all been nothing more than my imagination, delusions, wishful thinking etc ... So when I speak about people like you and OP being delusional it is because I know this from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.


Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by stanislav
 


I am 41 years old, I have believed in extraterrestrial life since a child due to experiences. I didn't watch many sci fi movies as a child and didn't believe in it as true. Studying physics as a teenager, as well as religions and spiritual things has confirmed my belief, as well as my studies as an adult. You tube only became known to me within the last 8 years and trust me, most of the alien videos on there are nonsense and I don't believe David Icke or Sitchin nor the galactic federaton of light and such.

I am well educated, I make intelligent judgments, I also have a lot of life experience which confirms my beliefs, as do the stats.


You accused me of getting my beliefs from youtube.

Yet again, go back and read my post instead of presuming things I didn't say. Wasting my time arguing things I didn't say is pointless so go back and point out something specific you don't agree to and read my words in context.


I don't care where you get your beliefs - I care if you have evidence to back up your beliefs.



Are you asking all scientists for evidence, to sit some deoxyribonucleic acid in your hand and for you to recognise it as as alpha helix DNA structure, because otherwise you won't believe it? Are you asking for the Hubble telescope to produce a 3D cube of space in your virtual reality sphere? Are you asking for quantum entanglement theory to be proven to you before you believe in it? Most of ''logical'' science is built upon abstract ideas and THEORIES. Are you saying you do not believe in these also?



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by LoveisanArt
 


In my opinion you had no intention of any real exchange of information or open minded discussion of these issues. You started this thread to troll skeptics and to give yourself an opportunity to claim superiority. I don't see any difference between this and whatever negative behavior you are accusing skeptics of.



Spot On,

No discussion just "you don't believe because" when the person the OP is replying to hasn't mentioned what they do or don't believe in, how is that not trolling or downright ignorant?



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Exactly PRESUMABLY TO YOU. I never called this guy illogical since he did not come on ATS and made illogical statements such as yours. Main stream media is just like any other media. And do you think that alternative radio shows like Alex Jones are any better? All they do is put down humanity. Alex Jones and his "wonderful" guests call everyone sheep and ignorant and how we are unworthy unless we think like he does because he has evidence! Evidence! What a scumbag, con artist this pieced of work is. Also I never said that aliens do not exist. They might exists OR NOT. I DON"T CARE! WE DO NOT CARE IF THEY DO. Why do you care if aliens exist or not? You seem to care more about aliens than starving people in Africa. This make absolutely no sense to me. Why do you care about some being in far away planet, galaxy, another universe when YOUR PEOPLE are dying for hunger and disease???? Please tell me!


Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by stanislav
 


Presumably you are calling this guy stupid and illogical, this guy who probably is more educated in such scientific, logical matters as Physics than you, as well as having actually studied the search for extraterrestrial life, which presumably you don't hold any qualifications in Physics or Astrophysics, Quantum Mechanics etc, oh wait did MSM give you the idea...MSM that basically glorifies nonsense and makes humanity a ridiculous parody of itself? Perhaps you could write a manual on how to not to learn the truth of the universe.

science.howstuffworks.com...



These discoveries have served as an affirmation for those involved with the search for extraterrestrial intelligent life, or SETI. Harvard physicist and SETI leader Paul Horowitz boldly stated in a 1996 interview with TIME Magazine, "Intelligent life in the universe? Guaranteed. Intelligent life in our galaxy? So overwhelmingly likely that I'd give you almost any odds you'd like."




posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother
 


I never mentioned giving evidence. Again go back and actually read my post before presuming.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav
 


This is trolling, you accused me of hating starving people in Africa based on nothing. I never mentioned Alex Jones (whoever that is) or starving people or Africa or even if I cared about anything enywhere. Stop trolling.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by longlostbrother
 


I never mentioned giving evidence. Again go back and actually read my post before presuming.


I never said you had.

I am asking you for some.

Try reading what I wrote.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
Skepticism is the product of one's fear of the reality of something that one would rather not face.

I have seen a 'Flying Saucer'. Not a Light/Dot/Speck/&etc but a classic 'Flying Saucer'.

My own Dear Sainted Mother brushed me off saying she would have to see it with her own eyes.

This from a Woman who has had many later validated premonitions & who had witnessed the same in her own Mother.

It seems that the concept of an "Alien Lifeform' is too far beyond the comfort zone of many People.

And why not? They may be far smarter than we but are they wiser?

Do they experience emotion as we do? Or are they emotionless biological automatons who would rip our limbs off to watch us squirm like a young Boy rips the wings off flying ants?

Or... ?



I'm a bit
as well,

Could you tell me what a flying saucer has in common with an alien life form?

I ask because I assume you meant your mother when you said "It seems that the concept of an "Alien Lifeform' is too far beyond the comfort zone of many People."

How did you know the flying saucer you witnessed was piloted firstly and secondly what made you come to the conclusion it was alien? if this was what you meant



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I was never trolling you! Nice cop out! I was referring to your FIRST POST in this thread. Don't pretend like you don't know what I am alluding to. In your post you allude that because we do not believe in aliens it means that we are being punished for our own ignorance. That economic collapse and natural disasters are somehow connected to our denial.


Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by stanislav
 


This is trolling, you accused me of hating starving people in Africa based on nothing. I never mentioned Alex Jones (whoever that is) or starving people or Africa or even if I cared about anything enywhere. Stop trolling.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by stanislav
How is your age and life experience have anything to do with what I just said to you in my other post? I have experienced first hand alien abduction, astral projection, sleep paralysis, shadow beings and a whole lot of paranormal activities throughout my childhood till this day. So what ??? I can tell you with all honesty that even though I have had all of the above and more, I cannot say without a doubt that any of these was real. There is literally no proof of it other than my own subjective testimony. Personal experience is VERY subjective. For all I know it could have all been nothing more than my imagination, delusions, wishful thinking etc ... So when I speak about people like you and OP being delusional it is because I know this from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.


Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by stanislav
 


I am 41 years old, I have believed in extraterrestrial life since a child due to experiences. I didn't watch many sci fi movies as a child and didn't believe in it as true. Studying physics as a teenager, as well as religions and spiritual things has confirmed my belief, as well as my studies as an adult. You tube only became known to me within the last 8 years and trust me, most of the alien videos on there are nonsense and I don't believe David Icke or Sitchin nor the galactic federaton of light and such.

I am well educated, I make intelligent judgments, I also have a lot of life experience which confirms my beliefs, as do the stats.


You accused me of getting my beliefs from youtube.

Yet again, go back and read my post instead of presuming things I didn't say. Wasting my time arguing things I didn't say is pointless so go back and point out something specific you don't agree to and read my words in context.


I don't care where you get your beliefs - I care if you have evidence to back up your beliefs.



Are you asking all scientists for evidence, to sit some deoxyribonucleic acid in your hand and for you to recognise it as as alpha helix DNA structure, because otherwise you won't believe it? Are you asking for the Hubble telescope to produce a 3D cube of space in your virtual reality sphere? Are you asking for quantum entanglement theory to be proven to you before you believe in it? Most of ''logical'' science is built upon abstract ideas and THEORIES. Are you saying you do not believe in these also?


ACTUALLY - if I want evidence of DNA I don't need to hold it in my hand - that's a ridiculous strawman - and not what I said - try reading what I wrote.

But if I go and read a scientific journal if doesn't say things like:

"The solar wind streams off of the Sun in all directions at speeds of about 400 km/s (about 1 million miles per hour) - because I said so, that's why."

It lays out hypotheses and defends them with observations and/or mathematical proofs.

For someone that demands that everyone reads their posts (endlessly), you sure seem to ignore what others write.

Another giant ego on ATS that's certain their beliefs are factual - and refuse to engage with people who want them to defend their beliefs...



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If THIS is not an insane post then I don't know what else to think. I am speechless!

How do you even begin to explain this person how insane his/her ideas about the world are???

I gave up ...


Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Once again for those who havent read... Im leaving for Alberta tonight, I have some more packing the truck etc to do.. then a 2-3day drive out west. Dont have anymore time for the thread, learned enough about human ignorance though


Thanks for entertaining yourselves skeptics, Life is a WHOLE lot more then you are currently perceiving it to be. That is the truth your missing out, this is what science cant tell you yet.

If your intelligence and view on life is based on the progression of science, a human thought processing.. then your entire life is a waste of its own journey. Humans will eventually figure it "all" out; but right now we are in the toddler stage. We just had our FIRST technological development period in our known timeline about 100 years ago.. we havent understood everything within a century, stop acting like we have.

ETs will show themselves when they think WE are ready. Like I know now, the ETs know we are not ready for contact OR high-tech. We would turn it into flying killing machines or bombs anyways...

Your race, yourself for that matter, is not as intelligent as you arrogantly perceive you are. BIGGEST mistake one can make is being over confident in the unknown universe..

Love and prosper to all of you on your travels; peace

~ Love is an art (because you love signatures people)



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav
 


You can't.

In all seriousness, this is basically the post of someone with mental health issues.

I'm not saying that to win an "argument," but because it's so illogical, filled with insane misunderstandings about logic and history and sooo soo soo aggressive and arrogant...

It's, frankly, disturbing.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The nonsense from certain people on this thread is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant a direct reply. Suffice to say, believing in extraterrestrial life, of which there is every statistical probability, as well as many experiences and probably plenty of absolute proof (that governments choose to hide), doesn't make people egotistical, nor morally defunct, nor lacking critical faculties, nor lacking intelligence, nor being illogical in nature, nor any other ridiculous accusations being thrown around here.

Seriously, random insults really is scraping the barrel and reeks of desperation.

Are you really so desperate not to believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life that you resorted to verbal abuse and totally unsubstantiated insults?
edit on 26-11-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   


Originally posted by DENBY
Skepticism is the product of one's fear of the reality of something that one would rather not face


Sounds to me like it's quite the opposite. People who are AFRAID to face reality find great comfort in faith, religion, spirituality. It's so much easier to believe in aliens, to know that you are always being protected by aliens, God or some other higher power. It's much scarier and difficult to realize that every morning you wake up, you are about to face another day of struggle for your survival, all alone and without any help from above.
edit on 26-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Pladuim


So, where does your "open mind" lead you when discussing the Starchild skull?

Pladuim


congenital hydrocephalus. look it up...


remember be like a skeptic and look at "all avenues".... my freind


Dennver, don't say that as it can shatter someones reality



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Exactly! Totally agree with you man. If you were to read one of my first posts to OP I said it right there that I thought if he/she is not crazy then they must very delusional. One or the other it's insane .... You can't win an argument with delusional people. Ever tried to argue with a drunk person?


Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by stanislav
 


You can't.

In all seriousness, this is basically the post of someone with mental health issues.

I'm not saying that to win an "argument," but because it's so illogical, filled with insane misunderstandings about logic and history and sooo soo soo aggressive and arrogant...

It's, frankly, disturbing.
edit on 26-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join