It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe? (@Non-Believers and Skeptics)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

You're going to give yourself a heart attack man/lady? seriously

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Not sure how you could be confused by that.

Lack of evidence is not in fact evidence.

If you're looking for answers, don't follow lack of evidence, follow evidence.

There's no contradiction there.

Quite simple really, If one is to chooses to believe in something using evidence and there's not enough evidence ( a lack of ) how can they follow the evidence when the evidence they have followed makes them unable to find a conclusion.

That's a big contradiction, but only if you are trying to find resolution using evidence,

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In so many years on ATS this is one of the worst trolling cases I have ever seen. You asked skeptics about their refusal to believe in a possibility.

I believe in extraterrestrial, I do not need to give proof to write that I believe. I do not need to give proof of the statistics, how does one prove a statistic anyhow.

Because I wrote that I believe in extraterrestrials, this obviously offended some people so much, they accused me of lacking morals and intelligence, even though they then said they believe also but they didn't give proof either nor felt the need for any to substantiate this belief.

ATS standards seem to have fallen again, I have found so many posters lacking in any ability to read something properly, instead being reactionary and abusive. This is not how ATS should be.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well said Unity, some people, it appears are yet to embrace logical thinking and morality.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well looking back, wondered why i was so determined the most practical answers lay in the black op militia and not ET, when actual experiences that I left unrelated suggested otherwise. In fact was feeling like a huge bubble burst, and was actually very annoyed at being "controlled" by the world around me.

And I think this thread actually gives us a look into why we find it easier to accept certain world views, comfort level, and well orchestrated programming.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
US Government Social Engineering Exposed: OSD Human Social Behavior Modeling Program

Its pretty good, it relates to this thread, quite a good fit actually.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you have control over your mind how can one become "delusional"? Its a society reference to a mind that is misunderstood, a mind which does not operate standardly according to society and those who occupy this BOX.

You answered that question in a similar way I would have

Its delusional to kill millions of animals everyday to "supply" society with food..

Its delusional the way its managed with western society throwing out half meals and less developed areas where 1000s of people and mostly children are starving, that is delusional

To me your a delusional human being with no grasp of its own mind potential; to YOU, Im delusional for experiencing things I never asked to and believing they did happen! To YOU its delusional to beleive life exists outside of Earths atmosphere because we havent seen it on CNN, or the VAtican hasnt announced this existence yet..

I am delusional to you because I have no grasp of my own potential, sure If you know me so well why don't you tell me who I am?
None of the things you say I find delusional in the above quote do I actually find delusional.
I believe in extra terrestrial life, here visiting and out there, I don't watch CNN as that is channel on US TV, I live in Australia, Concerning the Vatican well I really don't care what they say exists or not.
This also goes for anyone trying to tell me what reality is like.

My views a very similar to yours but when you try and tell an anonymous person over the net what they believe or find delusional then you lost me as I don't understand how a person claims to know oneself is able such claims on others they dont even know.

What I find arrogant and borderline delusional is telling others how it is and should be and will be the demise

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I don't actually agree with everything in the OP, at least the way its laid out. But ET is real, know from personal experience. And being pushed inside, feels like a current, that just keeps flowilng, and more of the solid ground I used to stand on thinking it was so practical to do so, keeps crumbling away from the banks of that river.

But logic is not found in name calling.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just to clarify anything that might have misled, believing in extraterrestrial isn't crazy.

If anything, refusal to believe in the possibility is crazy and absurd.

There are more stars in our own galaxy than grains of sand on every beach. Each star has the probability of being able to sustain intelligent life within it's solar system.

Every galaxy, of which there are 170 billion has a very high probability of containing intelligent life within it's many star systems.

Even if there was just one intelligent life per galaxy, and that is a vast statistical under estimation, for the sake of theory, then there would be 170 billion other intelligent life forms that are extraterrestrial.

For those that think of the E.T. movie as extraterrestrial, to clarify, it actually means not of earth. So basically that is, intelligent life form that is not 'of earth', however this could even be a misnomer, as for all intents and purposes, extraterrestrials could have spawned humanity or at least had a hand in it's creation or evolution.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

In so many years on ATS this is one of the worst trolling cases I have ever seen. You asked skeptics about their refusal to believe in a possibility.

I believe in extraterrestrial, I do not need to give proof to write that I believe. I do not need to give proof of the statistics, how does one prove a statistic anyhow.

Because I wrote that I believe in extraterrestrials, this obviously offended some people so much, they accused me of lacking morals and intelligence, even though they then said they believe also but they didn't give proof either nor felt the need for any to substantiate this belief.

ATS standards seem to have fallen again, I have found so many posters lacking in any ability to read something properly, instead being reactionary and abusive. This is not how ATS should be.

NO NO NO!
This is exactly how ATS is meant to be.
You can't just claim to no stuff that other people don't, you said you don't need proof to write what you believe. Like I said before that doesn't mean anything, literally nothing to everyone else.
Where would this site be if everyone believed the same thing? Well we wouldn't have a site would we!
Said it before and I'll say it again, you don't know what a troll is.
Someone who disagrees with you and wants to discuss that is NOT A TROLL.
Christ where is your logic coming from!
I suppose we can't argue with you can we, in fact we can't even have a civilised debate because you already know everything everything about the subject, so what's the point?

"Well said Unity, some people, it appears are yet to embrace logical thinking and morality."
As for that, I just slapped myself in the face and had to read it again.

"Ive got a general idea on what your beliefs involve, I think we've come across each other before. The "people like you comment" wasn't meant to be insulting. You're being dramatic and assuming I'm trying to attack your beliefs. I'm not, believe what you want, that's what this threads about, people choose to believe things because belief is a personal thing.
I know aliens exist, I choose to believe that there is a UFO phenomena that may be linked to them. I want to believe, trust me I do, but enough evidence isn't there.
The brutal thing is, what people believe doesn't mean squat to anyone or anything because beliefs are views and viewed are personal.

"I said I believe, I didn't say any more about my beliefs or even mentioned religion so basically you presumed something about me then argued it."
There are tons of different religions/beliefs out there, I'm not comparing your beliefs to religious ones. People choose to believe certain religions, everyone decides to believe something, how are you any different?

And as for the "please go argue with yourself", that's quite funny, and you're the one calling me a troll?
This isn't an argument either, this is a discussion and you're getting wound up by me questioning your beliefs?
Not that it matters but im 19, you're in your 40s and you can't discuss a topic on a thread without getting offended because you hold your personal beliefs too tight?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

signature:
"That can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence""

Quoted myself from earlier, real interested to hear your answer to my above statements

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You and I both know its not crazy to believe in what is really happening. What is, IS.

I can't leave this post, for the insanity is being conditioned to believe what isn't, IS. And to question everyone, despite large numbers and some very credentialed at that, who challenges what ISN'T, yet most believe.

The whole world is absolutely crazy, up is down, black is white, all due to the controllers here, they even turned light, the source of all life and goodness in the solar system, into lucifer.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Your replies seem confused. Either you didn't properly read my first post on this thread or you are trolling, ie. making assumptions, suggesting things I didn't say, arguing about things other than relevant to thread such as ''you have to give proof if you have such an opinion'' is a form of trolling.

This isn't a thread asking believers to PROVE anything, so get your facts right.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

You and I both know its not crazy to believe in what is really happening. What is, IS.

I can't leave this post, for the insanity is being conditioned to believe what isn't, IS. And to question everyone, despite large numbers and some very credentialed at that, who challenges what ISN'T, yet most believe.

The whole world is absolutely crazy, up is down, black is white, all due to the controllers here, they even turned light, the source of all life and goodness in the solar system, into lucifer.

Agreed.

And I am surprised at the lack of good response here on ATS of all places.

If there could be a way of making the world good again I truly wish it would be shown. Perhaps some of these defiant opposers of the true nature of the universe are so knee deep in gaining from it's corruption that they are scared that admitting anything means they could lose their ill gotten gains. Perhaps they are paid to write such things or are forced by some allegiance.

And yes it does seem as if it is something of Lucifer.
edit on 26-11-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Your replies seem confused. Either you didn't properly read my first post on this thread or you are trolling, ie. making assumptions, suggesting things I didn't say, arguing about things other than relevant to thread such as ''you have to give proof if you have such an opinion'' is a form of trolling.

This isn't a thread asking believers to PROVE anything, so get your facts right.

I'm replying to the general topic of the thread.
"Why don't people believe"
You expect people to explain why they don't believe?
It kind of makes sense for people to explain why they do then yes?
So then it makes sense for the opposing sides to discuss their opposing views.
It also makes sense, for the "non believers" to explain why belief and fact are two different things.
Again, that is not a form of trolling and you failed to discuss with me my beliefs, AGAIN

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Again you seem confused. I didn't write the OP in this thread. I care not for your beliefs, I do not want to discuss your beliefs or for giving you proof of mine.

I gave my opinion, you said all sorts of things that I didn't say. If you wanted logical conversation with me then you went the wrong way about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Your idiocity pisses me off to no end. I guess if you were only drunk I might have just ignored you. I don't follow science, I don't follow anything other than live by common sense. Everyone does except apparently you and a few other crazies lurking this forum. The conclusions you come to and the connections that you make between what is said and what is meant are SO UTTERLY STUPID that I don't even think you could pass 5th grade Math or English for that matter!

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

Originally posted by stanislav
You just basically ignored every single post that was addressed to you. You pick and choose to believe what you like. It doesn't work this way in real life. You either face reality and accept that the fact that there are no evidence to support your subjective experiences or you keep believing what you like until the cow come home. Just do me a favor, don't get angry and feel like a victim when other people are criticizing you or laughing at your expense. You are only making fool of yourself when you are trying to defend your unfounded position.

The nonsense from certain people on this thread is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant a direct reply. Suffice to say, believing in extraterrestrial life, of which there is every statistical probability, as well as many experiences and probably plenty of absolute proof (that governments choose to hide), doesn't make people egotistical, nor morally defunct, nor lacking critical faculties, nor lacking intelligence, nor being illogical in nature, nor any other ridiculous accusations being thrown around here.

Seriously, random insults really is scraping the barrel and reeks of desperation.

Are you really so desperate not to believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life that you resorted to verbal abuse and totally unsubstantiated insults?
edit on 26-11-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

Again your one of those who arrogantly speaks like they KNOW reality and KNOW what is true or not.. you follow SCIENCE, in its INFANCY. So your MIND, is in its INFANCY.

Connect the dots intelligent human, otherwise stop posting and insulting your own intellect.

In society, your as smart as the next guy

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Again you seem confused. I didn't write the OP in this thread. I care not for your beliefs, I do not want to discuss your beliefs or for giving you proof of mine.

I gave my opinion, you said all sorts of things that I didn't say. If you wanted logical conversation with me then you went the wrong way about it.

You explained what you believe, and why you choose to believe that.
i addressed the OP by explaining the difference between knowing and believing.
If I told you the grass is green, would you look at the grass and agree?
Or would you just agree without needing any further evidence?
The reason we don't understand each other is the same reason you cant teach a Christian about evolution. Or a moon hoaxer about science.
You don't want to listen to what I say to you.
I read your posts, accept its your opinion, but demand more evidence for definitive proof.
You don't even get that far.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Not sure how you could be confused by that.

Lack of evidence is not in fact evidence.

If you're looking for answers, don't follow lack of evidence, follow evidence.

There's no contradiction there.

Quite simple really, If one is to chooses to believe in something using evidence and there's not enough evidence ( a lack of ) how can they follow the evidence when the evidence they have followed makes them unable to find a conclusion.

That's a big contradiction, but only if you are trying to find resolution using evidence,

No silly.

You seem to not understand the words: "lack of".

It doesn't mean: "some, but not 'enough'".

It means none.

If there's no evidence for something that absense of evidence is not evidence.

Not sure if you're bein intentionally obtuse, or maybe just confusing yourself, but there's no contradiction

Evidence !=! No evidence.

Fat !=! Not Fat

Cat !=! Not a cat.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The world isn't as crazy without you. It's people like yourself and a few others who make this world a bit crazier than it is already. Like with every believer in aliens and other paranormal events, you lack common sense, your English is poor and you are unable to accept critical thinking for an advice. As long as you stay ignorant, self righteous fools ,you will continue to see the world as a crazy asylum. You will continue to meet resistance because no normal person will ever tolerate you. You need to see yourselves from the outside for once. But unfortunately you probably wont be able to until your delusions wear off. I was one of those crazy people years ago but I was finally able to come off my delusions after I realized that my delusions interfered with my normal life. That believing in aliens and such haven't accomplished anything in my life, in fact is destroyed my life to the point where I had to rebuild it from almost a scratch.

Originally posted by Unity_99

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I wrote on this thread, my opinion. I do not need to give you are anyone else proof. I didn't ask for your opinion. The way you addressed my posts, means your opinion is irrelevant to me, as is the opinion of any other irrational verbally attacking person.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join