It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia: No Love for the Homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So, watch a person starve on the street rather than run the risk of a multi-BILLION company being sued for a few dollars?

What you and many others fail to realize are two things: 1) Charities are APART from the government (they are run by us…citizens, and they include religious organizations) and have served America (and the homeless) well for over 100 years before welfare came along and, 2) the people demonizing corporations are the people who dole out today’s welfare (Gubment) and the people who receive welfare. Do you see the cycle they (Gubment…more specifically the Liberal Democrats and Marxists like Obama and other 60’s radicals) have created??

edit on 23-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Well the Israelis seem to be fed very well, on the backs of the American taxpayer....of course.

Trying to derail to the political agendas overseas?

STOP!

This is about people helping people...at home.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Which is More Important Tourism or Feeding Hungry People? People who dig through Garbage have a Greater chance of Getting Sick VS Getting a Fresh Hot Meal Served by Someone that Cares. They are Truly EFED UP!!!

"Please Don't Feed the Animals"

And that's How they Treat the Homeless.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

Yes it is tragic. I'm beside myself that others are not thinking about our logic. I'm angry and upset with our current world view of the down trodden. Corporate entities eat up more entitlements than our poor. It's a real bad reflection on us as human beings to be so callous towards one another. This thread should be pasted first and foremost. But no, aliens eating anus's take a priority in this world.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
the people demonizing corporations are the people who dole out today’s welfare (Gubment) and the people who receive welfare. Do you see the cycle they (Gubment…more specifically the Liberal Democrats and Marxists like Obama and other 60’s radicals) have created??

You do realize there's a difference between demonizing corporations in general, and pointing out acts of unethical behavior?? Similarly, drug users should not be demonized, but if one acts violently they should be dealt with. Except the difference is a drug user will be imprisoned regardless of the circumstance. A corporation will be rewarded/excused for theirs.

People tend to express anger towards some corporations because they've exhibited behavior nothing short of psychopathic. When you have corporations screwing over the masses for profit, committing fraud, other supposedly illegal acts, and being given hundreds of billions of dollars because they're "too big to fail", you sure as hell better expect there be to some lashback.

"All corporation demonizers are on welfare." is quite the statement...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If I'd feed birds and stray cats I'd certinly try to help feed a homeless person.
There is no excuse for us to lose our humanity!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Well the Israelis seem to be fed very well, on the backs of the American taxpayer....of course.

STOP!

Peace

Your damn right it is. This defunct American government sends billions of dollars every year to Israel, yet we have people starving in the streets? Does anyone not see anything WRONG with this?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Pollution is a health concern, so why not ban that? Oh right, that would hurt big business, and it'd be a personal nuisance for Mayor Michael Nutter, who'd be forced to bike to City Hall every day, passing by all those homeless people in the parks that he despises so much.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

STOP!

Peace

Your damn right it is. This defunct American government sends billions of dollars every year to Israel, yet we have people starving in the streets? Does anyone not see anything WRONG with this?

OK,

I'll give you that one...

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am not on welfare and have never been. You are a liar SIR and believe you are right and everyone who do not agree is wrong. You can have your opinion that corperations/capitalism is all good. I have the exact opposite view and think this system is unevolved/barbaric/immoral and suicidal. I am tired of being parasited on by both poleticians and greedy 1% that clearly behave more like thiefs than moral humans. They might have human law on their side but unfortunatly for them they are creating a lot of missery and that will have a very bad effect on their continuation. I hope the enjoy their wealth extreamly much so that they can look back at those memories with a smile when they have to pay the price for their actions. The piper must always be payed and it does not accept wordly possesions as payment.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I live and work in downtown Philadelphia, and know a lot of homeless people just by seeing them so much. My wife and I will often give them extra fruit and things as we come back from going grocery shopping, and always give our spare change when we have it. I work at a technology store, and have a lot of people come in just to use our computers to try to check in with family that they may otherwise never be able to contact, and have even helped a few people look into information on local shelters that could help them get back in the right direction.

All of that being said, there are a LOT of people who I have personally seen on both sides of drug use, and have actually had people come into my store to look up how best to deal with drug sores on YouTube. Many people I have had great conversations with one day will come in the next day and not remember who I am or what we have talked about. I have had people recognize me on the street that have talked about physically hurting people, and have often had to tell them to stop cussing or yelling around children, which leads to them being even angrier.

I say this because there are two sides to everything, and people often just see that part about homeless not being able to bed handed food on the streets. This doesn't stop many people from still giving from what I have seen, but the premise is there for more than just companies being sued. It is not illegal for shelters to provide food in their establishments, and in turn these groups will help rehabilitate the homeless toward a normal life. It is more of a trade off, and discourages the stray animal behavior some of you have spoke of.

Sorry to make my first post a wall of text, but I interact with many homeless people on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

Originally posted by zroth

There is not a city in America that loves its homeless.

There are people that care for other people; however policy does not allow for it.

The almighty dollar and acquisition of it are the God this nation prays to.

People live animals more than other people in the nation.

last time i checked, my dog won't steal my wallet if i leave it out while i'm feeding him.

In 19 words you've expressed the reason why humanity is a failed experiment.

Animals should never be valued above another person's well being.

A pet is a friend but it is not worth more than a human life.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

That's because animals are cuter. They remind us of having children. That old guy on the corner is just an ugly disfigurement...isn't that right, Fido? Yes, yes - There's a good boy!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think that it's a silly rule, however, it's not like these people are going to starve to death because of it. There are abundant shelters that offer meals regularly and other facilities/churches/programs..etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There is not a city in America that loves its homeless.

There are people that care for other people; however policy does not allow for it.

The almighty dollar and acquisition of it are the God this nation prays to.

People live animals more than other people in the nation.

You and I are going to agree to disagree. I live in Seattle and we do care for the homeless. We have a banquet style dinner (Monday thru Friday) in the basement of a large church; everyone is welcome. On the weekends there are also free meals elsewhere. At many of our food banks...if a person does not have a residence we give out free sack lunches; there are many free meals for breakfast too.

We have many shelters for men and women; places where they can get help to find a job and.or get on disability; and we have free medical care. We have free clothing banks too. We also have many lawyers who offer their time to help the homeless. There are several places to shower and wash their clothes; plus free hygiene products.

Also...when the shelters are full we have tent cities...where people camp and are given help there too.

In Seattle the homeless matter.

edit on 24-11-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
reply to post by jude11

I think that it's a silly rule, however, it's not like these people are going to starve to death because of it. There are abundant shelters that offer meals regularly and other facilities/churches/programs..etc.

But why is it ok for a business man, secretary or a tourist to eat lunch in the park but a homeless person can't?

That's the question here.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

So, watch a person starve on the street rather than run the risk of a multi-BILLION company being sued for a few dollars?

What you and many others fail to realize are two things: 1) Charities are APART from the government (they are run by us…citizens, and they include religious organizations) and have served America (and the homeless) well for over 100 years before welfare came along and, 2) the people demonizing corporations are the people who dole out today’s welfare (Gubment) and the people who receive welfare. Do you see the cycle they (Gubment…more specifically the Liberal Democrats and Marxists like Obama and other 60’s radicals) have created??

While I'm no fan of O, this has been going on looooong before he arrived on the scene, under republican, and democrat administrations alike. Republicans are no better than democrats, and vice versa.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

When society teaches people that others will care for your needs then society will increasingly have more problems like those you presented. It shouldn’t go unnoticed that the homeless epidemic has accelerated in recent years and trends indicate we’re heading for an even greater increase.

When we as a society demand that all people who “have” give even more to the people who “have not” then it only stands to reason that we ALL become those ‘without’ at some point….it’s unsustainable!

Come on, man. Do you think people want to be homeless? There's no reason that anyone in the world's ''wealthiest'' nation should go hungry. As for the last statement of your post....are you serious???
edit on 24-11-2012 by poloblack because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I’m not even sure what you mean…ridiculous!

Your hatred for a people you don’t know runs deep!

What he means is this country exports billions of dollars to a country that does absolutely nothing for American people. You wanna talk about hatred? Those people think Americans are scum.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They need to be rounded up and forced through a program to either commit them or rehabilitate them.

You cant allow crazy people to wander the streeets starving and say its their choice.... theyre %&*^ing crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join