page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

A few quotes:

"Ban Out Door Feeding"

"Out Door Feeding"??? Like feeding animals in a zoo?

And the Mayor:

"Food served outside on the street has a risk of food poisoning because it's not handled properly"

So all those food carts serving Philly Cheese Steaks, burgers, dogs and whatever should be shut down...right? Or is it just the food served by volunteers to the homeless that can make people sick or kill them?

"The Right to eat"

We all have the right to eat.

"Protecting the City's image as a tourist destination"

Do you really want to become a city that refuses to feed people because it looks a little "Ugly" to tourists?

So by all these points, it should stand to reason that ALL food carts are made illegal, ALL food consumed in a park like a sandwich or an apple and ALL tourists should be told that they can NOT buy food from a cart or grocery store and have a nice sunny picnic in the park.

"City of Brotherly Love"

Now, this is just one example of course. It's becoming quite clear that the homeless are increasing and the cities are clamping down on their human rights. Even to the point of being pointed out in one thread (Can't remember where it is) that the homeless have to obtain a permit to live in their cars.

And it's only going to get worse. So as individuals we have to decide if we will have to ask permission to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Remember this..."ASK PERMISSION to help"

Peace

edit on 23-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There is not a city in America that loves its homeless.

There are people that care for other people; however policy does not allow for it.

The almighty dollar and acquisition of it are the God this nation prays to.

People live animals more than other people in the nation.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
out of sight out of mind, hide all the homeless people and people might actually start to believe in this imaginary economic recover that the msm keeps telling us about.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How do you like that approach?Don't feed the homeless folks!A lot of businesses have left over fare destined for the garbage everyday.The Philly mayor is talking out his ass about the homeless getting bad food.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
How do you like that approach?Don't feed the homeless folks!A lot of businesses have left over fare destined for the garbage everyday.The Philly mayor is talking out his ass about the homeless getting bad food.

I'm Canadian and I am not allowed to donate day old bread from my bakery to a food bank down the street from me.

Preaching to the choir brother.

I get around it by offering those I know are on low income 1 dollar breads ( throw in a few extra loaves of course...
)

The lower income people know what I do and appreciate it immensely. I also appreciate being able to help. Even if it's just a little.

Peace

edit on 23-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is there a rational reason why donating food or shelter to the homeless is banned/frowned upon? I get the feeling they're putting the homeless on the same level as rats, racoons, etc; and saying that you shouldn't give food because they might be inclined to stick around for more.

Our capitalist mindset frowns on humanitarianism, raising up the wealthy & looking at them as idols to be followed after. The homeless however are sub-human filth that don't deserve anything short of living on on the street begging for scraps.

The idea being. When the corporations/banks are collapsing or in trouble, bailouts in the billion to trillion dollar range. Including extra large bonuses for executives payed for by the tax payer. When individuals are in trouble, kick them onto the street & express your apathy by stating they're too inept to grasp onto this capitalist dream.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There is not a city in America that loves its homeless.

There are people that care for other people; however policy does not allow for it.

The almighty dollar and acquisition of it are the God this nation prays to.

People live animals more than other people in the nation.

last time i checked, my dog won't steal my wallet if i leave it out while i'm feeding him.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Is there a rational reason why donating food or shelter to the homeless is banned/frowned upon?

There is NO rational reason.

If I was a tourist and discovered my destination did this, I would by-pass that point.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There WILL come a day of reckoning.......
The wheel of Karma turns slowly, but it never ceases either.....
And the rich will die in their millions if the power ever goes out, or a catastrophe puts everyone in survival mode
They will be lost without their retinues.......and will perish quickly...........they are slaves to gold,and they will die preserving their wealth......

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't agree with this, but it's because if one homeless person gets "food poisoning" and decides to sue - a restaurant, a city, a person (then state regulations for food safety comes into play), a charity - who's going to pay the liberal lawyer's bill and the horrendous damages that a liberal jury will hand out?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm so disgusted with the lack of empathy in this country. It's time for a massive redistribution of wealth. With a country supposedly so wealthy not a single person should go hungry or homeless. Period. Until that day, I don't want to hear about a rich persons sob story about how they couldn't only go 4 1/2 star. Screw the rich assholes. They would up and kill the homeless if a license existed they could purchase, this goes for a whole bunch of other groups they consider worthless eaters.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It seems more and more like people are being systemically devalued. Like how propaganda dehumanizes an enemy nation in times of war. We're subtly, slowly, being fed a line about people that don't earn X amount aren't quite as valuable...therefore not quite as human as the rest.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

When society teaches people that others will care for your needs then society will increasingly have more problems like those you presented. It shouldn’t go unnoticed that the homeless epidemic has accelerated in recent years and trends indicate we’re heading for an even greater increase.

When we as a society demand that all people who “have” give even more to the people who “have not” then it only stands to reason that we ALL become those ‘without’ at some point….it’s unsustainable!

edit on 23-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
From the OP - "Food served outside on the street has a risk of food poisoning because it's not handled properly"

Of course it's much better for the hungry to root through the trash cans of restaurants and grocery stores. God knows how safe that it is. Dodging salmonella and many other bacteriologic diseases!

What has happened to humanity? I will tell you....the wealthy hate the poor and wish them dead. Pretty simple really. They fear the homeless. They should, I hope they rob people blind when loading their groceries & take their wallets and whatever else you can. Peacefully of course. Cause no one cares about you except yourself. It's a dog eat dog world.

Government intrusion has caused so many more problems with our poor. I support poor people doing what they have too. Give em hell!

S & F!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have lived on the streets my early 20's it is degrading it is humiliating . The way people look at you like you are a disease . After awhile it starts to eat way at your soul . Some lose hope some find a way out . People are still people and many seem to forget that . I have met successful people for reasons lost everything People who gave up , many of the people I have met have had some disorder and need help .. Guess it is something most people will have to experience to understand .

Some places in the world it really is the only option as there are no jobs , no future . Housing is a right , but we live in a world where we are taxed just to be alive . what a funny world .

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are many people who would spend more time, rescources on the homeless if government would just stay out of the way.

Ironic, in that it is in part, governments fault (through legislation, regulations, taxation) that so many are homeless.

And now they create more regulations to inhibit help to those that they helped create?

We really need to ignore government and just go back to helping those that we can with what we have.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Perfect!

people are being systemically devalued.

Bit by bit, belief by belief, sex by sex, income by income, status by status...Thank you.

Peace

Text

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I don't agree with this, but it's because if one homeless person gets "food poisoning" and decides to sue - a restaurant, a city, a person (then state regulations for food safety comes into play), a charity - who's going to pay the liberal lawyer's bill and the horrendous damages that a liberal jury will hand out?

So, watch a person starve on the street rather than run the risk of a multi-BILLION company being sued for a few dollars?

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well the Israelis seem to be fed very well, on the backs of the American taxpayer....of course.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well the Israelis seem to be fed very well, on the backs of the American taxpayer....of course.

I’m not even sure what you mean…ridiculous!

Your hatred for a people you don’t know runs deep!

edit on 23-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join