Philadelphia: No Love for the Homeless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What is Philly's good samaritan laws? That would put the kibosh on the whole issue. I'm starting to think there should be a large class action brought against the cities and states who create and implement dehumanizing legislation.

As for businesses, some are either ignorant of their local laws or use the "I don't want to be sued" excuse to not go through the process of donating edible items. Anyone can be sued by anyone else for practically just existing. That doesn't mean anything will come of it, except when you have a reputation that needs to be protected.

Example: An impoverished person sues Starbucks for eating a sandwich donated to a local shelter. The person can sue and nothing would come of it. But if the person makes a big stink to the news then it tarnishes Starbuck's reputation/image which then makes Starbucks a target of the next social movement against whatever... No one can realistically win here. And those who are losing have lost the most.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Man...That Mayor is a real Nutter........I still got it!!!!

Im glad they want the city to look good for terrorists.....oh he said tourists?...damn Philly accent......

So, can you go feed pigeons on a limb outside? They might be homeless too.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Bottom line is no person on this planet should be homeless or hungry there is plenty for everybody.the powers that should not be SHOULD NOT BE!We all know they are psychopaths they are the reason these thing's and so much more is happening and has been happening for way to long.to say enough is enough is disgustingly over stated.it is all done in cold blood.and it needs to stop.peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What next.. ?

Homeless, broke people getting fined for going through rubbish bins because they're starving?

How would you actually go about fining a homeless person with no money anyway?

Better yet, just arrest them, cart them off. Nobody will ever notice that they never return.. :

Meanwhile there is a sudden boom in the meat export industry to 3rd world countries.. (soylent green anybody?)
edit on 11/25/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by zroth

In 19 words you've expressed the reason why humanity is a failed experiment.

Animals should never be valued above another person's well being.

A pet is a friend but it is not worth more than a human life

honestly ?? i think YOU did it in 9 ... see the bold above.

when we continue to separate ourselves from our environment (including the animals), we've already lost. superiority is a COMPLEX-ity of mental disorders not a state of being.

domesticated animals are separated from the environment already. your comment makes no sense.

I agree with you. holding an animal superior to a human life is a mental disorder.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Brotherly love? Isn't that the state motto, should be changed to

brotherly love, if your rich

On one hand I see the cities /state approach to this, no one wants to have 500 thousand people show and see homeless people, or having them beg up and down the tourists traps for money. You can bet plans will change the next day when mom and dad don't want to explain what being homeless is like to the kids.

Also, same thing with welfare, keep handing it out for free, you will continue to find those that find they like handouts better than working (not all people don't cry all sappy) but when you talk in thousand, hundreds of thousands, millions, percentage numbers are much larger so if even 5% are the lazy, I like hand out types, you get the idea.

But what is sad is why not just set up temporary foodbanks in some abandoned warehouse, IM sure there are plenty belly up, just ask owner/bank, hey how would you like to shave 10% of taxes and donate building time for food pantry? IM sure many would do it. There are always plenty of volunteers that would run it for free, and IM even sure there are taxi/bus services that would donate time taking people there. Then its out of sight, people get helped, and tourist can still spend money.

But to say no because it will look bad in a state with a motto brotherly love is just disgusting really. What is the mayor/state/senator doing to help bring business into the area? I bet if someone turns the story on them like that in public press, the homeless would have plenty to eat.

Another question I always ask, we keep hearing and seeing plenty of buildings of this so called fema camps(learning centers), wtf aren't they putting people up in these places if they are homeless and with out food. We paid for the damn things, id rather someone be displaced and have food and shelter than thinking of someone freezing to death in the freakin streets and starving to boot. If we ever find them to be true we should get a lawsuit together through ats and make class action suit against fema for letting people freeze and starve to death when we had facilities to house them .^^

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jude11

When society teaches people that others will care for your needs then society will increasingly have more problems like those you presented. It shouldn’t go unnoticed that the homeless epidemic has accelerated in recent years and trends indicate we’re heading for an even greater increase.

When we as a society demand that all people who “have” give even more to the people who “have not” then it only stands to reason that we ALL become those ‘without’ at some point….it’s unsustainable!

edit on 23-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

I consider it so evil that we live in a system of abuse, and inequality, which is only possible in a true HELL ZONE, that I suggest people who want to drag earth down, go out in the woods and ask to be removed from here, since they are hurting others and really don't like caring, and ask to sign up for an even more unequal hellzone, there are lower levels. Just wait it out, don't care about anyone while you do.

But for this planet I Am WAITING FOR THE COSMOS TO COME IN AND EQUALIZE AND RESCUE EVERYONE. NO MONEY, FOR THAT IS SLAVERY.

We need a world where everyone is safe to be themselves, no slavery, high technology, volunteering and education, good services and lots of land.

Politicians don't give us social services tied to fascism. TPTB and BANKERS abuse social democracy. They don't have any reason to exist exist to be humble, giving servants who ensure all people are safe and loved and the Dog Eat Dog crapola is flushed down the toilet. Law Bringings, I THINK NOT! The only laws are virtues.

Grow Up, aim for up not down. There are even worse worlds than this, but not on higher levels.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think people need to form ciitzens groups and direct their public servants in city hall to do their will and make land donations for the homeless. And insist that there be areas where this is done, spread out, so its not just one area where the neighbors will scream, there goes the neighborhood, but all people share the responsiblity of growing up and caring for others.

I would never obey any law that prohibited food to others and charge any law givers with crimes against humanity and citizens arrest should they show up.

I will never stand under corruption.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by christoph

There is not a city in America that loves its homeless.

There are people that care for other people; however policy does not allow for it.

The almighty dollar and acquisition of it are the God this nation prays to.

People live animals more than other people in the nation.

last time i checked, my dog won't steal my wallet if i leave it out while i'm feeding him.

A pet is a friend but it is not worth more than a human life.

It could also be said that humanity is a failed experiment because it puts its own species first, at the expense of all others. We've trashed the whole planet in less than a century. Animals are the equals of people in my book, and far less evil and destructive.
edit on 25-11-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So here in paves the way for the implementation of a (U.S.A. Resident Homeowner ID Card ).
If you have a card it entitles you to privies like eating in public traveling from one state to the next state,or even bilking billions from the public sector.

1984 is here and is in full movement, WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!!!

"they threaten you with something – something you can't stand up to, can't even think about. And then you say, 'Don't do it to me, do it to somebody else, do it to so-and-so.' And perhaps you might pretend, afterwards, that it was only a trick and that you just said it to make them stop and didn't really mean it. But that isn't true. At the time when it happens you do mean it. You think there's no other way of saving yourself and you're quite ready to save yourself that way. You want it to happen to the other person. You don't give a damn what they suffer. All you care about is yourself."
"All you care about is yourself,"
The above is quoted from the book 1984 and further examination or interest the following link has been provided en.wikipedia.org...

But the meek will inherit the Earth,and the tyranny,mayhem,and injustices enacted upon the meek by the majority will not go unpunished!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

if they are equal, then what PA is doing is reasonable. when you feed animals they stay and more come.

I disagrees that we are equals. I do agree humans have ruined the planet's eco-system/

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All people need to contribute to society, even if they are homeless. No excuse to sit around asking anyone to feed you, unless you are young or very old. Anyone between 18 and 60 should be made to clean the street they sleep on in exchange for food.

Making excuses for homeless people makes you feel better but feeding them like helpless animals doesn't change the reason why they sit around year after year like lost dogs.

Give them a hand up and not a hand out, unless you feel homeless people are some how lower than the rest you. All people need to live with their choices and all people need to earn their way back into society.

The idea we need to respect people for just breathing oxygen is silly, even God doesn't respect lazy people. Meek are not homeless people, they are passive people that don't suffer from pride. Most meek people have jobs and don't sit around begging for food.
edit on 25-11-2012 by bkprice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is how we as a nation are FREE! Don't be homeless or you go in a cage. Don't help the homeless or you go in a cage. See? FREEDOM!
edit on 25-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by thoiter

if they are equal, then what PA is doing is reasonable. when you feed animals they stay and more come.

I disagrees that we are equals. I do agree humans have ruined the planet's eco-system/

That mindset is put out by renegades. And its like virus of ugliness. Humans are the whole reason the universe exists, as a schools for souls at the human level. There are many humans in the milky way.

And earth is a strong constantly monitored system.

Every single person on earth is EQUAL, they arent clones of each other and have different gifts and abilities much like a family with siblings in it. And we have this really ugly renegade run group at the top that takes away equality and free will from people. And likes to blame victims in their Karma religion which is also a renegade virus of ugliness.

We're working for a world of equality and empowerment of all, no money, no slavery and no corruption. And while cruelty free is a good goal to go on, first priority is humans, then nature.

Also true Family/Higher Ups would go to the least person on earth and hold them up if anyone asked who is the Greatest, and they're not talking about someone who may have the greatest sized soul orb either, for its all about potential. They are talking about principals that really count, the true Laws of the Universe are the Virtues. Also when they come in, its not movie stars and the wealthy. Thats a different class coming in. True Higher Ones go to the grass roots levels and roll up their sleeves.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have never understood that around here? I as well being Canadian (Southern Ontario).
At the College I work in there are a few Restaurants & a Tim Hortons. While they are not allowed to give away end of the day throwouts, I, as the Janitor, am allowed to take ANYTHING I want if I have collected it for refuse. So, a few times now, because of the STRONG need for soup kitchens & food banks around here lately, I take what is the best I can get my hands on, and leave with a trunk full for donation. Which is a fair bit as I have a quite older model Buick Lesabre. I guess it all just comes back to "If ya really want too" sort of attitude? There's a loop hole for every loop hole, realistically you can get away with almost ANYTHING "If ya really want too".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
reply to post by jude11

I have never understood that around here? I as well being Canadian (Southern Ontario).
At the College I work in there are a few Restaurants & a Tim Hortons. While they are not allowed to give away end of the day throwouts, I, as the Janitor, am allowed to take ANYTHING I want if I have collected it for refuse. So, a few times now, because of the STRONG need for soup kitchens & food banks around here lately, I take what is the best I can get my hands on, and leave with a trunk full for donation. Which is a fair bit as I have a quite older model Buick Lesabre. I guess it all just comes back to "If ya really want too" sort of attitude? There's a loop hole for every loop hole, realistically you can get away with almost ANYTHING "If ya really want too".

Yup, Interior Health (here in BC) Have actually asked me where I put my old breads etc. Do I have a lock on the bins? Really?

I can sell my day old breads but can't give it away.

I have the ability to donate about 40-50 loaves of bread every few days among other items but since there is only one food bank in my small town, I can't do it without being noticed.

Sucks the big one.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh yes..., I must remember to lock the garbage up after shift! :-P

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkprice
All people need to contribute to society, even if they are homeless. No excuse to sit around asking anyone to feed you, unless you are young or very old. Anyone between 18 and 60 should be made to clean the street they sleep on in exchange for food.

Making excuses for homeless people makes you feel better but feeding them like helpless animals doesn't change the reason why they sit around year after year like lost dogs.

Give them a hand up and not a hand out, unless you feel homeless people are some how lower than the rest you. All people need to live with their choices and all people need to earn their way back into society.

The idea we need to respect people for just breathing oxygen is silly, even God doesn't respect lazy people. Meek are not homeless people, they are passive people that don't suffer from pride. Most meek people have jobs and don't sit around begging for food.
edit on 25-11-2012 by bkprice because: (no reason given)

It's not quite that simple. Ever try getting a job while homeless? It's not easy, I've tried in the past. No home=no phone. No home=no address. Potential employers can't contact you. On top of that employers don't like to hire homeless people. They have the perception that the person will either be violent, a thief, on drugs, have severe mental issues, or simply have poor hygene that hurts the company.

Even if you solve that by say having a cell phone and finding a business kind enough to let you charge your phone there, your appearance isn't conducive to getting a job. Ever try having interview clothes, especially ironed when you're homeless? It doesn't happen. You're lucky to have more than one outfit.

So your response is to say the state should provide people jobs doing menial labor in exchange for letting them sleep on the street? Ok. What happens to the people that were already doing those jobs? The answer is they find themselves unemployed and homeless instead. That's not a solution it's just shifting the problem from one person to the other. Remember, these people need to be paid otherwise you're making a law that essentially says those without shelter are slaves.

So your next solution will be to over hire, atleast we'll have clean streets. Guess what? That requires more tax money, and one of our two major parties states as a major part of their platform, and a pledge that all the politicans sign that there won't be any tax increases for any reason. So there's no additional revenue to pay their wages.

Next solution, don't increase taxes just take a few million from other areas and give it to the homeless. Guess what? The homeless as a collective group don't have a political voice, they're not represented. Those other government groups that are already getting money are. They'll block the measure saying something like, "It's a great idea but our budget is maxed out so you can't take the money from us. I'm sure all the other departments have budget money though".

If you really want to eliminate homelessness you have two options. Either practice trickle up economics or make being homeless illegal and throw everyone on the streets in private prisons. Those are your options.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm glad we agree that humans are stewards versus just another animal walking the Earth.

It was beginning to worry me that people are so willing to humans in such disregard.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by zroth

A pet is a friend but it is not worth more than a human life

honestly ?? i think YOU did it in 9 ... see the bold above.

when we continue to separate ourselves from our environment (including the animals), we've already lost. superiority is a COMPLEX-ity of mental disorders not a state of being.

domesticated animals are separated from the environment already. your comment makes no sense.

I agree with you. holding an animal superior to a human life is a mental disorder.

i said nothing about "domesticated animals".
{but yes, they count too} notice, i did not emphasize your "pet" comment for just that reason.

i refer to ALL animals, of which we are also, yet, continuously attempt to separate ourselves from ourselves, daily. {this is a mental disorder shared by far too many}

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join