It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

In my day we called them wells.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When i was about 18 i used to go out into the woods with camping gear, a good Bowie knife, a Axe, and enough food, and water to last me for a day. I pitched my tent near water (Which i used to boil), and i used to live of the land. Gathering berries, catching rabbits, trapping pigeons,and eating them (Cooked of course)
I was immersed in the serenity of this, listening to the sounds of nature. One day i noticed a sound in the undergrowth, straight away my head turned to the cause of this sound, and i saw a Female Fox (Vixen) watching me. It didn't seem afraid, and i tempted it with a bit of meat from a rabbit. It hesitantly came forward, and snatched this piece of meat from my hand. A few months later i had this Fox sitting at the side of me, taking food out my hand. I called it "Vixy".

Tony

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mine isn't all that creepy,

When I was a teen my boyfriend and I were hunting, suddenly a jeep came up the dirt back road and we were being chased by a farmer with a gun.

I darted into the woods and my boyfriend went into the field.

I stood by a tree and became one with the tree, he was staring right at me,

The farmer circled the tree, shouting he knew I was there somewhere and when he found me he was going to shoot me.

I didn't move, I didn't speak, I didn't breath, but I watched him circle me.

Then he walked away and left

the end

I have done this several times in my life.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is awesome Stormdancer-I wish I had that ability as a kid,
for I too got chased by farmers with shotguns in the woods.

I was fossil hunting,with chisels and bag-but unlike you they saw me and I took a few bits of shot.
I still have a few of them in a tiny plastic jar,a few tiny lead pellets.

And some fossils too.

Farmers never caught me either though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Enjoy never sleeping, ever, again. This is the creepiest thing I have ever heard on C2C AM.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I live in West Virginia, in a one mile long coal mining town. We have a river on one side, and thick wooded area on the other side (after crossing the train tracks). My grandfather used to take me squirrel hunting there before he had a heart attack.

I continued to go there, sometimes with friends, often camping out for the night. Nearer to our house, about five minutes of walking into the woods, is an big stone that looks like it had been chiselled (Sp?) on top, made flat. My father told me that that was made by Native Americans a long time ago (can't remember the specific tribe). He said they used to perform some kind of rituals there, but never specified what kind.

Now, I'm not really a believer in ghosts. I haven't witnesses any full fledged, full bodied apparitions in my life. But more than once I've seen figures moving through the woods near that stone, and on one occasion, I was violently awakened by a female scream that was very loud, and very close. Needless to say, I left the woods and haven't been back since that night roughly ten years ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

They only come out at night ..mostly ..

CX

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Back in the late 80's, i was stationed in Germany. Hundreds of miles of ranges nearby, mostly forest.

My girlfriend and i were down one of the wooded tracks "chatting"
when all of a sudden something hit the drivers side of the car where i was sitting, but this thing was easily human size, it hit the car with such a force it rocked it and made a loud bang.

A quick scream from both of us and i shot my head round to see what it was, all i can describe it as was a large dark figure with what looked like spread out wings (bit like what Dracula does with his cloak.)

It was very dark though, so i'm not sure what it was. The trees around us were very close to the car, i'm talking a couple of feet away, it's as though something huge jumped out of the tree and hit downwards against the car.

Don't think i've ever driven so fast in my life!

Roll on twenty years, i join ATS and read about the only thing i could describe it as...Mothman. Yes in my head thats a little farfetched, but thats what it was like.

CX.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

When I was very young, I used to live up in the hills of Napa Valley. It was a spooky area, great place to film a horror movie.
The hills all had these roads, where you risked A) Falling down from one side, and B) Getting eaten by mountain lion from the other.

So anyway, running up the hill towards this hidden water fall I would play at, I decided to take a short cut and take a route through the forest. I had done it many times, and I could even hear the running water.
What I found on my way, was very strange.

It was a large, flat stone that looked out of place. So I walked over to it and tried to lift it. This is when I noticed a big old-school jug of liquid. It looked like a pirate bottle, very fogged up from having sat there in the sun for god knows how long.
I used a stick to get the cork out, and poured the liquid out onto the rock.
I am 90% sure that what came out onto that rock was blood. It was thick and blackish red, really caked inside.

Was one of the most creeped out feelings I've ever had though. I had also found a mangled deer nearby, which probably added to my fright. But I practically flew off that mountain. And between you and me, never went back to that water fall.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's not really a story. I remember on your other thread somebody said that they used to love being in nature feeling safe and free. In the past couple of years these feelings of being safe and free have fled. I too no longer feel comfortable in nature. This is going to sound silly but it's like everything is contaminated and is no longer wonderful or beautiful, but synthetic and dirty. The purity has been contaminated.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Could you summarize the story from Coast to Coast? I can't play audio at the moment and I know others here are at work or Deaf or otherwise unable to access it...thanks!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I know this thread is about strange experiences people have had in the forest, but I’m going to take the liberty of sharing a creepy experience I had when I was on a camping trip in the desert as a kid.

It was not long after my 11th birthday and I was camping in the desert with my friend and his father. This would have been mid-April and we were about 10 or 12 miles out of Palm Springs, CA.

This is the rainy period in that part of the country, monsoonal rains can pound the desert and create temporary “washes” that run across the desert floor. The afternoon we arrived at our camp site, one which we had used before right up against the foothills of the Joshua Tree National Park, the clouds were rolling in and great big raindrops were starting to fall.

We stayed inside the motor home as the rain poured down and watched as a large stream of water flowed in a ravine about half the length of a football field away from us that had been bone dry before the rain came. There were a few flashes of lightening and subsequent thunder-claps – all very exciting from the comfort of the RV.

At a certain point, my friend’s dad, Steve, was looking at something that caught his eye in the direction of the wash that was now flowing like a river through the desert. All of a sudden he jumped up and mumbled a few swear words like he had been startled by something. He sternly told us boys to stay put as he left the motor home and headed off across the desert in the direction of the wash.

Naturally we watched out the window, somewhat alarmed by his sudden departure. As he approached the running water we noticed what had caught his attention. Looking through binoculars we were horrified to see what looked for all the world to be a large dead dark brown ape-like creature in the water. We watched as Steve stooped over the thing – whatever it was, and put his hand over his nose and mouth. After about 10 seconds, he turned tail and sprinted back to the RV.

He was visibly shaking when he got back into the motor home and was white as a sheet. He immediately started talking on the CB radio (this was 1985 – most people didn’t have cell phones back then) and we then heard what he was so rattled about.

The body was human and badly decomposed.

Of course, we kids were freaked out about this and kept glancing out the window. The rain had stopped and the flowing water had disappeared, but the body was right there in front of us maybe 150’ away lying on its back limbs sprawled out in the shape of an X.

It was starting to get dark when the Riverside Sheriff’s deputies rolled in, the county coroner van shortly thereafter. Because of the terrain they couldn’t get vehicles down to the corpse any closer than we were in the RV, so Steve helped the 2 deputies and the coroner carry the body in a dark green (I remember the color to this day) body bag up from the wash and load it into the van. Again, he seemed really freaked out about the whole thing.

Bear with me… It gets creepier.

We finally settled down as the evening rolled along, played cards, ate junk food, Steve drank a couple of beers, we were trying to out-fart one another – things guys do when they camp, hehehe. At a certain point Steve decided it was time for us to turn in so we would be rested for our hike in the morning. Us kids climbed into the bunk beds and after a bit of banter fell asleep. This was probably around 10PM or so.

An hour or so later, we were startled awake with the sound of the engine starting and the motor home backing out of the camping site. Steve was behind the wheel and clearly agitated about something. When we asked where we were going he didn’t answer, he just told us to get up to the front and keep quiet. He drove all the way back to town without saying a word. We had no idea what was going on.

Years later when I was in college I spent a weekend with my old friends and the subject of the body and the camping trip came up for the first time since that night. I asked Steve why he tore out of there like he did that night. I could tell he didn’t want to discuss it, but after a few beers he looked me in the eye and told me that after we boys had fallen asleep he had stepped out to take a leak and there in the moonlight he saw someone standing right where he had found the body. Same spot. He said that whomever or whatever it was stood there for a few seconds and then just casually strolled off in the opposite direction out into the middle of nowhere.

When I heard that, I was actually thankful that I didn't know the truth when I was a kid. I wouldn't have slept for a month!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
One of our closest state forest areas is the southeast Kettle Moraine forest, in Wisconsin. During the eighties and early nineties there was a lot of speculation about satanic rituals being done in the area as hikers and even people just nosing around in the woods had found remnants of animal sacrifice and strange stuff (not too far from Bray Road beast area).

Myself and my friends had found a decapitated calf near an old well on an abandoned farm and after passing by a spot on the highway every day and smelling a terrible stench I finally looked in the culvert to find a large grocery bag. When I opened it I found a skinned dog. The sheriff's dept. always dismissed all this stuff and never had any real solid evidence.

Anyhow, my brother-in-law has bow hunted these woods every autumn. There is a patch of land near Palmyra where there was church owned land where he had permission to hunt. Parallel to this land was some private property with a pole barn situated on it. People using these woods are very respectful to not trespass on others' property.

When he went out hunting that morning it was a pleasant unseasonably warm day. As the afternoon wore on, a squall came in, weather shifted and it began to get cold and snow. He was a good couple of miles away from his truck still when an outright blizzard began to pile up wet, heavy snow and it was going to be dark in about an hour. He had better clothing in his truck but it was so windy he didn't think he would make it back until the storm eased up a bit and decided just this one time he would try and seek shelter in that pole barn until it let up and he could continue on to his truck.

He saw no obvious prints in the snow and assumed no one was around, jimmied the door to the barn and walked in. There in the center of the barn were a large group of people in hooded attire with a circle on the dirt floor, lit candles and some sort of animal sacrifice ritual taking place. He believed it was a coyote.

He was shocked, and knew they didn't belong there. My bro-in-law is a big guy with a booming voice, so with as much "he-man" as he could muster he said loudly and with authority "What are you people doing here?" to which a hooded person turned, gave a creepy smile and said very calmly "What are YOU doing here?"

Needless to say, my bro-in-law backed out of the barn and ran off down the trail, made it back to his truck three miles away in record time and boogied on out of there. He always maintained that there were no footprints leading to the barn or vehicle tracks and he never saw another vehicle.

When he called the Sheriff to report it he was basically told he was trespassing and to drop it. He is much more careful about weather while hunting these days

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I had a strange encounter a few years back. To this day i have no idea what to make of it. I have posted this story before on ATS.

I was camping in the Mendocino National Forest in California. At the time of the occurrence, there were only 5 of us at the campsite. Myself, my girlfriend, a single friend, and another friend with his wife.

The husband-friend went to bed early. He and his wife were sleeping in the back of his pickup truck for this trip so he climbed in back and went to bed. Me and the other male friend decided to watch a movie on a laptop. Meanwhile the girls sat by the campfire. Sometime during the middle of the movie the girls started screaming. I turned and they were literally falling over themselves running away from the fire towards me and my other friend.

Being this far out, we are always armed. At the time i was the only one carrying a firearm. But everyone had knives. We asked what was happening. The girls said that while they were sitting there at the campfire, they heard/felt something coming through the bushes towards them. They said it sounded big by the amount of brush being disturbed. Me and my buddy looked around with our flashlights, walked all over the area behind the bush in question ect. And found nothing. There are elk who live in this area but they stay far away from people. They run when you come withing 200 yards of them. Also, whatever it was was coming right at a campfire. I Thought it might be some redneck creep messing with us, so i armed myself with my rifle and had the others arm themselves as well. Me and the friend eventually went back to the movie, the girls stayed much closer to us for the duration.

Around 230am the fire was going out we decided to call it a night. This was about an hour after the first incident. The wife went to the back of the truck (which has a camper shell) and closed herself in. The other friend went to his tent and my girlfriend and I went to my tent. I put my rifle away but i did go to bed with my pistol beside me. My girlfriend fell asleep pretty quickly and i could hear my friend snoring away in his tent. I lay there for about 10 minutes trying to fall asleep. But then i heard noises.

Anyone who has payed close attention would know what foot steps on dirt/rocks sound like. Thats what i heard. A distinctive bi-pedal walking on the ground, literally no more than 5 feet from my tent. It was creeping very slowly from outside my campsite into it. My first thought was it might be some creepy forest person, or another camper (nearest occupied campsite was about 600 yards away) and they were coming to steal something. I quietly nudged my girlfriend and whispered "do you hear this?" to her. She opened her eyes and quietly listened. She whispered back "yes, what is it?". We lay there silently for about 10 seconds as it walked around from the side of my tent and into the campsite, it was still only 5 -10 feet away and at this point was directly outside my tents entrance.

I leaned over to grab my pistol and in doing so slightly brushed the fabric of the tent. The noise of brushing against the vinyl fabric is pretty distinct. The walking noise immediately stopped. I had my gun in my hands and the noise was gone. I figured it must have stopped walking. We made absolutely no noise, and we listened intently, but could hear nothing. After a few minutes of laying there, mentally preparing for whatever this was, my girlfriend said she had to pee really bad. I thought to myself "perfect timing" and took a breath and prepared to confront whatever this noise was. In a quick motion i sat up, unzipped the tent, and had my flashlight and gun pointing towards where i last heard the noise. But there was nothing there. I could see clear across the campsite. I jumped out and started searching around. Remember the fire was basically out (just glowing embers) so the only light was from my flashlight. I looked everywhere, but there was nothing. No tracks, no foot prints, no noises running away. Nothing.

My girlfriend took care of her business right next to the tent as there was no way she was going to go walking into the darkness with something out there. As we were standing there listening and watching for any sign of what made the noise we started hearing rapid gun fire in the distance. Now mind you, this is a forest with permitted hunting, but it was basically 3am. Who hunts at 3am?? It was rapid gunfire and at least 15-20 shots were fired. Even if someone was hunting, why would they shoot so carelessly? If you missed your first few shots your game has escaped. Midway through the gun fire we heard the most god awful screaming. It wasn't human, it almost sounded like a squeal, maybe a pig being tortured. It was unnerving to say the least. By my guess this gun/screaming was coming from at least a mile away, maybe 2 miles. It was not close at all. We eventually decided we'd feel better back in the tent. It took a while to fall asleep after that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here is another story, this one is not mine but was told to me by a hunter i met.

This story has no paranormal aspects to it, and should most definitely serve as a warning to anyone who cares to go exploring deep into any forest inside California or any of the states that border Mexico.

This hunter was near Lake Berryessa in California before hunting season began and decided to do some scouting of this area deep into the woods. He went on foot without a gun (he did not want to get caught out there by a game warden with a gun before hunting season, but he regrets not bringing a hand gun at least).

He was several miles in, on foot when he came across a small stream. There was no stream on the map and he had never seen it before in all his years. As he kept walking he noticed there were sandal prints in the wet dirt. He started thinking "who would be out this far in sandals?" he was wearing heavy hiking boots and couldn't imagine walking with anything less.

He said suddenly the hairs on the back of his neck went up when he noticed that there were little plastic irrigation pipes running off of the small stream down a small hill away from him. The sandal prints were fresh in the mud and were heading away from the direction he had come in. He walked backwards slowly and then turned and ran the hell out of there.

It was clear that he had stumbled upon a remote growing operation, as this is becoming more and more common in California Forests and BLM land. You are not likely to find these places near roads or anywhere that is regularly hiked.

Drug farmers will setup shop well off trails in hopes of not being discovered, but they are extremely dangerous.

So please be careful if you go exploring into the woods!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not to distract from creepy forest story time, but is your avatar poop on a stick? Who does that?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just starting out in this thread so if someone has mentioned this already, sorry.

Have you ever heard of David Paulides? He's been on C2C a couple times talking about the
books he's written on the large number of people who go missing year after year in America's
National Parks.

They are usually very odd circumstances. I can recall a few of the stories I've heard him relate.
One was about a six year old boy who's body was found 8 miles away over a long distance of
almost straight up mountain inclines and across bodies of water that would have been at least
4 feet or more over his head. Found without shoes and naked the next day but with no scratches
or bruises to his body. No idea how he got there.

What Paulides details is that the government does not keep tallies of these people.
Paulides is a former Law enforcement officer who stumbled on these untold story to see if
there was some serial killer(s) responsible, or why there would be stonewalling by the Park
Service who don't investigate the deaths.

"Missing 411"
Interview www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's mine lol just posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Hey now, don't be giving me crap
It's just an old ancient ground stone hammer that I found that may have one time been a bone because the hole looks like a marrow hole. Piece of crap sounds good though, that would be a little more interesting explanation

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ahhh - the ability to blend I call that. I know exactly what you are talking about. That "being one with..." I've been able to do it a few times myself. It can come in amazingly handy on occasion.

Anyway, here is mine.

A few years back I hunted in a swampy area in GA. Not too far from the Okefenokee. If I stayed until last shooting light it meant the hike back to my truck was always in total darkness.

There was this one section of woods with towering pines and thick undergrowth. Even on a full moon the trail just looked like a little ribbon of "less black" against "total black" if you did not remember to bring your flashlight. I admit to often forgetting mine.

My first night going back I entered that stretch of woods and just off the trail to my left something started following me. I would step. It would step. I would stop. It would stop. I would speed up. It would speed up.

It scared the heebie-geebies out of me the first night it happened. I took the safety off my 30/06 and held the flashlight in my hand along with the forestock of the rifle. That way where ever the light shined my rifle was also pointed.

But I looked high and low, I never saw it or any eye-shine. I yelled and go no response. From the footsteps it sounded large and bipedal.

I never ran from it. I spend a decent bit of time in the woods and something told me that would be the worst thing I could do. When I got up far enough to see the moonlight reflecting on my truck it stopped following me.

This happened every evening I hunted that area. For almost a month. Eventually I talked to it, but it never answered. It never came out of the woods. It never did anything but trail me.

It wasn't another hunter. This was a 2000 acre lease and I was the only one on it. It wasn't a deer, hog, bear, bobcat, dog, or panther. I'm familiar with those and know their sounds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join