It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

It's basically "people go missing and do so in very unexplainable ways."

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
After sightings of a big cat in a forest to the east of town in Autumn 1984, one night a friend and myself decided to walk along one of the forest tracks with a camera, trying to get photos to sell. After about 30 minutes and seeing nothing, we started walking toward the main road.
At this point, something that didn't sound like either a dog or a person stood on a twig in the forest to our left and started running.
It wasn't the only thing; we looked at each other and ran off in a cloud of brown smoke.

This happened in Scotland, four years after a puma had been caught at Cannich, Glen Affric, also around the time kellas cats were seen near Elgin.

At present the only creepy things in the forest are local teenagers.

The links below have pictures of the puma, kellas cats and the location where the puma was captured.

www.ambaile.org.uk...

maps.google.co.uk...

scotcats.online.fr...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I was Hunting Grouse in Western Mass. and having little luck in my usual spots I decided to walk deeper into the woods at the base of a mountain. Massachusetts now has more trees than it did in the early 1700's as people back then cleared many a forest for crop planting and cut down hardwood for fuel to heat their homes.

Because there is little logging and not as many farms...we have VERY dense hardwood forests of Oak, Maple, Birch, Beech as well as various Pines, Cedar, Popular, Sumac, Tulip...the list goes on. Many of these trees are over 300 years old and we have Massive Oaks and very tall White Pines. Plus since there is little in the way of logging our Forests are very dense.

As I walked through the woods about a mile inward toward a Mountain I came to a clearing of overgrown farmland and in the middle of these overgrown fields was a very old Barn and Home. There was no road leading to them and I had no knowledge that this place even existed.

I very carefully made my way toward the Barn and Home to see if they were abandoned like I thought they were. To my surprise there was clothing hanging from line on the other side of the home. I was taken aback as I was concerned to be on someones property with a loaded Shotgun. I unloaded the weapon and slid open the action. All of a sudden a group of Crows began to caw in an old Apple tree that was not cared for. The crows had been in the tree and saw my approach and they made the customary caws to communicate to other crows I was coming but this cawing now was different. They were all cawing and were scattering. This told me someone else was near. Continued......Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Continued.....I watched the crows looking at something in the brush that was in front of the old apple tree as this brush was dense and over grown and in my line of sight but I could not see through the brush. I knew someone was there and even though I wore a Hunters Orange Vest...I decided to play it safe and call out. I yelled...Hello! I am Hunting and I didn't know this place was here!

No one replied. The crows some now flying were VERY agitated. I yelled...Hello!? Anyone Home!? Again...nothing. I started getting concerned. I started having thoughts of some Hillbilly with a Rifle targeting me. Just then the brush MOVED! I yelled again Hello! Nothing. I LOADED MY SHOTGUN. I began to back out of the area walking sideways and quickly. I then heard a GROWL! I chambered a shell. I continued to quickly walk away and back in the direction I came from.

I heard two more growls and saw the bush shake VIOLENTLY. The hair stood up on the back of my neck. A Shotgun with number 6 shot is not the best protection at long range as number 6 shot is for hunting Pheasant or Grouse. I continued to walk sideways till I got back to the edge of the woods and I double timed it to my truck.

About a month later I read in the local Newspapers that a Dead Man was found at the location I had been. The Man was from Vermont and it is still a mystery to this day. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I was waiting for a bus, and happened to start talking with the guy sitting next to me.

He went on and on about his story. He got an award for being a hero in Vietnam, was a football star at Alabama, started a huge Shrimp company, and made a killing investing in Apple. He was on his way to meet the love of his life, Jenny.

I'll never forget what he said, "Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get."

He was a nice man, but his accent was extremely creepy.

His name was Forest.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This isn't paranormal but still creepy.

I was jogging through the woods and I started seeing these pink spiders all over the place. Like huge deady long legs. They kept crossing the trail, probably hundreds of them..being terrified of spiders it was terrifying. I don't know what they are and tried to identify them on google and couldn't find anything. The place was INFESTED, it's the only time I have ever seen them in Northern Ohio.

They were PINK like pepto bismuth.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by misskat1

If you have seen something unusual in the Forest please tell us about it.

The Russian Ground Anomolies

A strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests.

People are finding strange, deep holes. They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground.

There is no soil nearby that should be taken from such deep hole. When people are brave enough to venture into the holes, they find that they end abruptly in the darkness.

There are no any reasonable ideas on how these holes appear and what they are being used for. No one knows who or what is digging these holes or why.

englishrussia.com...

We have done studies during my college days and we took close up pictures to get better view of earthworm (night crawlers) holes. and they look just like these types of holes and they to end abruptly as the worm closes it up.

I would place a HD camera with night vision and see if anything comes out of it at night.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Just a deep, gutteral roar, not really like a bear though...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Continued.....I watched the crows looking at something in the brush that was in front of the old apple tree as this brush was dense and over grown and in my line of sight but I could not see through the brush. I knew someone was there and even though I wore a Hunters Orange Vest...I decided to play it safe and call out. I yelled...Hello! I am Hunting and I didn't know this place was here!

No one replied. The crows some now flying were VERY agitated. I yelled...Hello!? Anyone Home!? Again...nothing. I started getting concerned. I started having thoughts of some Hillbilly with a Rifle targeting me. Just then the brush MOVED! I yelled again Hello! Nothing. I LOADED MY SHOTGUN. I began to back out of the area walking sideways and quickly. I then heard a GROWL! I chambered a shell. I continued to quickly walk away and back in the direction I came from.

I heard two more growls and saw the bush shake VIOLENTLY. The hair stood up on the back of my neck. A Shotgun with number 6 shot is not the best protection at long range as number 6 shot is for hunting Pheasant or Grouse. I continued to walk sideways till I got back to the edge of the woods and I double timed it to my truck.

About a month later I read in the local Newspapers that a Dead Man was found at the location I had been. The Man was from Vermont and it is still a mystery to this day. Split Infinity

That is really creepy! I would have been scared silly. I'm glad you got out of there before anything happened to you! I wonder what happened to that poor man. I come from Sasquatch (bigfoot) country so that's what I immediately think of with stories like this. But who knows! It could have been a crazy mountain man defending his territory.

Yikes!
and great story!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not personal experience, happend to my youngest daughter as she visited a friend in the southern part of the country.
Just after midnight the 4 girls and 2 parents was in the living room.
Suddenly the father calls out for the others to come to the window and have a look at some animal out on the field.
This is farmland with lots of open fields surrounded by forest, it was clear weather and nearly full moon, so they could see the animal very well at a distance.
It looked like a big dog or a wolf.
Then a car approached on a nearby road, as it came closer the animal got up on its hind legs and ran off at an impossible speed into the woods.
Nobody in the area had ever heard of any animal that could do that, and it was definitely not a human being.
Creepy as hell even if you're safe inside a house.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not a creepy story, but if you've never been backpacking before and you take a 60+ pound pack on your back up the Trail of Tears in Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois, you'll find out why they call it the Trail of Tears.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Your story and many others are somewhat similar in a way-every time someone is armed they dont shoot. My friends grandpa said he was hunting in northern washington, saw "bigfoot" through his scope eye to eye, but couldn't pull the trigger. Something in his head told him not to. What if these human-like creatures communicate telepathically? This could explain why everytime someone has a gun, they dont shoot. interesting stories though...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Your story reminded me of something that happened to my friends and I late one night when we were in high school.

It doesn't take place in the woods, but TRUST me, it was weird.

We were at my friends house, smoking pot (but seriously, not enough pot could have made you see what we saw) playing video games, and having some laughs. It was about 3-3:30 in the morning and the 4 of us were all heading out to go to our respective homes in the neighborhood, most of them within walking distance. We got to the end of the drive way and I heard my friend Stan say "Woah, do you guys see that person over there?" and because it was customary for us to try and 'trip each other out' naturally, I thought he was just joking. I responded with a dismissive "Yeah right" and he insisted that I look in the direction he was talking about, as I hadn't been paying any attention. I looked up, and my friends as well, and as soon as I saw it, and I do mean 'IT' my heart sank. It was the first time I had ever felt that mortal fear ever in my life. It was like... I was so sure that he was messing with me, that the instant I saw it, it was almost so terrifying that it was saddening in a way, because I honestly felt like I was 30 seconds away from a Blair Witch type attack.

Now, the 'thing' that was at the end of the street (we were on a street that had two entrances from the main road through the neighborhood, and it was standing where the first exit met the road. It looked like a woman, a lot like a woman, it WAS a woman, but it gave off this ape like feeling, or a very primal and demon like vibe at the same time. It was just standing there, taking steps quite slowly, looking down at the ground, searching for something.
It started to bend over, crouch down and dig at the concrete with it's fingers. I can not make this up. It was as if they were drugged out, which is the most plausible answer, but this thing gave off a mortal terror I have never known.

As soon as we saw this, we all yelled and ran for the one car that my friend Scott had drove there. Stan lived right down the street so he took off for his house. The thing that was strange was that if it was some meth head or something, hearing somebody yell like that, out of nowhere, that is just ASKING for them to tweak out, or at the very least, look up at it. This thing did not even waver one bit from whatever it was doing. Like it never even heard us, or did and simply didn't even look, didn't care. The 'ape like' aspect was that it's back was slightly hunched, unnaturally. Anyways, we got in the car and Mike had decided that he was running home, so Scott says 'DO WE GO GET MIKE?" and in retrospect, I always laugh when I remember what my response was out of pure terror "F*** MIKE!!!!" but we decided quickly that we'd get him since we could still see him running. Although the image of seeing Mike run was hilarious, it was still a small thought in my mind compared to the terror I still felt. Because it was still there. Still hadn't looked up, still digging....DIGGING with it's fingers... at concrete.

We drove to the other exit of the street which is about 50 yards away, and we were bout to turn out onto the road, and we wanted to look out the window to our right, looking down the road, to see if it had ran, or moved, or was even still there. It was. It had moved to the other side of the road, because apparently it seemed like a better place to yet again attempt to dig at the concrete. After seeing this, we just hauled ass and drove home.

It's stuck with me for a long time, at least 4 years have passed and I still think about it.

Only until last month, just a bit before Halloween ironically, had that been the only instance of a terror of that caliber. But then came the second instance. Different person, but same behavior. The first instance was in Kingston, my home town, and this instance was in Toronto, where I now reside. My girlfriend and I were walking down our street after a night out, and I happened to turn around for whatever reason and at the end of the street, I saw a bald man bent over like he was going to throw up, or... crouch down and examine the ground..

We hauled ass for the rest of the 15 yards that were between us and my driveway, I turned around to get a second look. Nothing. He was gone. We had only been running honestly for about 6 seconds, it wasn't that far, and he was just gone. If he was about to be ill, he ran pretty fast for someone who's nauseous. But again I got that sinking feeling in my heart when I saw him. I instantly remembered the first time. It was like the most terrifying deja vu I have ever had.

I think it's obviously worth noting that both instances occurred around 3 am in the morning.
We all know what time that is.

Anybody have anything similar? These two instances were so vividly alike. They almost mirrored each other.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Link to My Crazy Forest Thread

In the thread linked above, my ex girlfriend experiences a time rift, ghost structure, alien hologram, or SOMETHING.

I have no idea how to explain it, but I figured it would be right up your alley.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen
Not personal experience, happend to my youngest daughter as she visited a friend in the southern part of the country.
Just after midnight the 4 girls and 2 parents was in the living room.
Suddenly the father calls out for the others to come to the window and have a look at some animal out on the field.
This is farmland with lots of open fields surrounded by forest, it was clear weather and nearly full moon, so they could see the animal very well at a distance.
It looked like a big dog or a wolf.
Then a car approached on a nearby road, as it came closer the animal got up on its hind legs and ran off at an impossible speed into the woods.
Nobody in the area had ever heard of any animal that could do that, and it was definitely not a human being.
Creepy as hell even if you're safe inside a house.

Would you mind telling us what state this happened in?

Several years ago in missouri Iwas driving a deserted road lined by thick trees. It was just myslef and my then 3yr old son. I saw a sillouette in the distance, right on the edge of the road, and slowed down thinking it was a deer and may run out into my path. As Igot closer and could see more detail I realized it was a dog. A BIG dog. Sitting on its haunches its head would have easily cleared the height of my waist. I continued slowing on approach, partly in case it chose to bolt into the road, and partly in attempt to see more detail, what kind of dog was this? A family member used to groom dogs and I became quite familiar but this was new for me. I remember it had dark shaggy/tangly thick fur that stuck out rather than laying flat. But that's all the detail I was allowed, as my car approached this "dog" stood on its hind legs, Icould see the canine style hip shape in the moments before it ran.... ran... on hind legs.. seeming surprisingly nimble inspite of the leg shape which should have prevented ability to run... it sprinted the few yards between the road and forest and disappeared into the trees as my car passed, now increasing speed out of fear! My son was asleep in back seat thankfully, and I had never before or since seen anything of the like!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Back in about 1985, I was driving near some woods in Whatcom county, Washington state, and I approached a stop sign and noticed a very odd sight. There were 3 guys wearing long robes with hoods and long shepards canes with the big loop curve on the top.. The robes were a dull dirty, off white tan color and looked like thick gunny sack style material.

They were watching me intently as I just sat there at the stop sign.. I was wondering if they were going to some Christmas event since they looked exactly like "wise men" They all had long beards and hair as seen under or through the hoods since the sun was very bright.. Except it was in July, so I dismissed the Christmas event thought.. They really looked authentic and not "made up" to look a certain way..

I finally just drove away, but after only a few thousand feet I thought they shouldn't have really been there, so I turned around and sped back to where I saw them.. They were walking only moments earlier going westward on a very long stretch of road with nowhere to turn off and the land was wooded and some clearings and pastures.

But they were totally nowhere to be seen..
This still haunts my memories today..

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Do you mind saying where in Missouri this was?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You guys are probably seeing evolution at work .. animals will eventually learn to walk to 2 legs .. some will turn into something else .. you're probably seeing the first isolated instances of this happening ..

creepy all the same ..! I would have bolted ..no doubt ..

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousgal---->Would you mind telling us what state this happened in?

This was in southern Norway about 3 years ago, however a friend of mine from Cody WY told me a similar story that his uncle experienced a few yards from his house.

In that case it looked like a big wolf.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

Do you mind saying where in Missouri this was?

It was the kansas city area, its been 14+ years so I'm unable to recall specific road but during that time I lived in kc, worked in overland park, and visited grandview often and occasionally lawrence so it was somewhere within that general region. Hope that helps

Gal

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join