It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Prime Minister: 'Israel Is A Terrorist State'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Turkish Prime Minister: 'Israel Is A Terrorist State'

washington.cbslocal.com

“Those who associate Islam with terrorism close their eyes in the face of mass killing of Muslims, turn their heads from the massacre of children in Gaza,” Erdogan said, according to Reuters. “For this reason, I say that Israel is a terrorist state, and its acts are terrorist acts.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.foxnews.com

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The more aggression Israel continues to use, the more the world is slowly waking up to the fact that this isn't war, this is genocide. THIS IS WOMEN AND CHILDREN! These are civilians, not military targets.

Israel has a right to defend itself, not use offensive aggression towards people that you've already been blockading for the past 6 years. All Israel has to do is life the blockade. So what's the problem? Israel wants peace right? Then leave others in peace!

I doubt this story will even make the evening news here in the US. The spin has gone so far that if it did, they would probably openly call Turkey a terrorist state and a threat to national security.

NO US TROOPS TO ISRAEL! THIS IS NOT OUR WAR OR OUR PROBLEM! AND THE SAME SHOULD BE SAID FOR ANY WESTERN COUNTRY! WE DON'T NEED A WORLD WAR!

washington.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

This is a pretty significant story. Turkey is supposedly the West's moderate ally in the region.

And the US ships are apparently for evacuation purposes, but it does seem shady.

The one good thing is that there seems to be far more criticism of Israel out of the West than is generally seen. I've seen a lot of sympathy for the residents in Gaza on the news, not the normal demonizing of Islamist groups. I'm pretty happy with some focus being on the root problem, which is an oppressed population of Palestinians.

I'm hoping hard right now that this thing can settle in the next few days, I'd love to see Obama publicly advocate a two state solution and commit some aid to Palestine to spur the negotiations. If this drags out for a few more weeks, the risk of severe escalation is high.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Guess who isn't getting into the EU any time soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

And the US ships are apparently for evacuation purposes, but it does seem shady.

Yes I'm sure it's "let's just park these ships right here and take in the sights".

If people honestly believe that these ships are for "evacuation purposes", then I got a bridge to sell you.

WARship(s). Could've just sent some cruise ships no?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

No, you can't just send cruise ships to evacuate people from a potential war zone.

Although I do agree, as I said, that it is shady.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The Irony in what this man says....

TURKEY'S treatment of the Kurds has a grim new symbol. On December 28th Turkish warplanes bombed Kurdish smugglers crossing into Turkey from Iraq, killing 34. Most were teenagers; the youngest was 12. All came from a pair of villages in the mainly Kurdish township of Uludere. Their families had trouble separating the remains from mules who died. “We pieced them together the best we could and buried them,” says Abdurrahman Yurek, who lost his 16-year-old son.

In truth, Mr Erdogan did more than any predecessor to tackle the Kurdish issue, becoming the first Turkish leader publicly to admit that the state made mistakes, and talking to the PKK. But the talks were scrapped last year. Mr Erdogan blames PKK attacks. The Kurds say he was not sincere, pointing to the arrests of thousands, including 38 BDP mayors. Leyla Zana, a BDP MP who spent ten years in jail, has just been sentenced to ten more years. Even Islamists are losing faith in Mr Erdogan. “The women of Uludere did not have abortions, they bore their children,” said Hidayet Sevkatli Tuksal, a female theologian. “They ended up gathering their corpses.”

Massacre at Uludere The political aftershocks of a killing of Kurds still reverberate

But then again, it took them how many years,never to admit to genocide but continue to kill?

Hypocrites.

edit on 20-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The ship things been done before.......
Far as Erdogan goes, hes got his own agenda as well
Turkey is Vying for the immense gas fields off the coast of cyprus. Isreal has contracted to develope for cyprus.
figure it out

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Turkey is also technically on stolen land just like... oh.

I see your point.

Istanbul, such a silly name, but catchy tune.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.............

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Israel ? LOL

Anyway, last year when Turkey went by sea to deliver food and medical supplies to Gaza..Israel shot 9 Turkish humanitarians and blocked the help to Gaza.

If i'm not mistaken (like i'm ever
that's a serious violation of united nations resolutions and should be considered/ IS an attack on a NATO member therefore Israel should be reprimanded and punished by carpet bombing one of it's military/government positions (if that's not possible, civilian targets are perfectly OK) see where i'm going here : ))
edit on 20-11-2012 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

that's a serious violation of united nations resolutions and should be considered/ IS an attack on a NATO member therefore Israel should be reprimanded and punished by carpet bombing one of it's military/government positions (if that's not possible, civilian targets are perfectly OK) see where i'm going here : ))

The Kurdish people in Turkey agree......

(see where i'm going here)
(see my above post on how the Kurd's couldn't tell mule parts from children's parts)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Yes I'm sure it's "let's just park these ships right here and take in the sights".

If people honestly believe that these ships are for "evacuation purposes", then I got a bridge to sell you.

Your understanding of humanitarian work WARships do is only slightly better than your understanding of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Just so there is no confusion, you have very little understanding of the role WARships play outside of combat.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Israel ? LOL

Anyway, last year when Turkey went by sea to deliver food and medical supplies to Gaza..Israel shot 9 Turkish humanitarians and blocked the help to Gaza.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

You are 100% mistaken, Turkey did no such thing. You are also mistaken about serious violations of resolutions. Please become educated before you comment.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Guess who starts to wonder if they even want to get into the EU anymore with the whole economy crisis
?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The Kurdish people in Turkey agree......

(see where i'm going here)
(see my above post on how the Kurd's couldn't tell mule parts from children's parts)

No i don't know where you're going because Kurdish people in Turkey probably do agree and do sympathize with Palestinians like no other. Just because Turks have their own issues doesn't mean they have to be silent about injustice in other countries. If that was the case - everybody would be silent.

Nations around the world are waking up and the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' isn't as popular as before.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Your understanding of humanitarian work WARships do is only slightly better than your understanding of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Just so there is no confusion, you have very little understanding of the role WARships play outside of combat.

You're right, I don't understand the blockades, stealing of land, and assassination attempts (one of which started this conflict) being done by the Israeli government? Tell me, when you look at this picture, what more needs to be understood?

www.freedomsphoenix.com...

Now I have 2 questions. First, why are these warships only helping Israel? There are obviously casualties on both sides. And secondly, do you really need THREE FULLY CREWED warships for "evacuation purposes"?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Wrong.

If a country cant even admit to its own genocide, how can he point the finger at another?

Its hypocrisy.

How about Mr Erdogan admits to past genocide, and current failures?

Then he can throw his stones, from his glass house.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join