It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Prime Minister: 'Israel Is A Terrorist State'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If Israel is a "terrorist state" then by proxy, so is the USA, as America with it's $$$ is the grease that keeps the skids in Israel lubricated.

Which makes THIS all the more painfully ironic

"War is peace" and all that, right? .........

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by shelookslikeone

How about we start with why the blockades started, I am glad you finally admit you have NO CLUE about the blockades. Maybe you can do some research. Hey, here is an exercise in logic. Israel has a blockade up because they say Hamas will attack them from Gaza. Hamas attacks Israel from Gaza. Gee, you're right, they should take it down they are clearly wrong about Hamas' intentions.

No, the point was, how long do you blockade an enemy that you're attempting to make peace with?

Until they stop attacking you and making inflammatory remarks about you maybe? Maybe when they decide they want peace?

Here is a question. Israel has the capabilities to wipe the Palestinians from the area permanently, and quickly. What would be the result of tomorrow Palestinians received technology that allowed them to utterly demolish Israel in a day? Do you think Israel would be the day after?

I don't. Neither do you if you are honest. When that changes we can talk peace and lifting the blockade.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

I agree with a fair bit of what you said, however, I believe that if the blockade/embargo is lifted, Hamas will import more weapons rather than improve the life of citizens there. These weapons, when used, lead to retaliation, which is what is happening now. Its tit for tat and has been for years, its just that Israel has better weapons. Firing missiles from sites next to schools, hospitals, homes, leads to innocent civilian deaths. So do suicide bombers on buses and in restaurants. Obviously Israel has caged the people of Gaza, but that being what it is, Hamas' behavior begs for Israel to fire back, leading to this back and forth killing for which both sides are guilty. A sad state of affairs and example of human nature. Nothing new though. Just current.

I hate to post this a 2nd time, but I must to prove my point.

www.freedomsphoenix.com...

How would you feel?

With that said, how long does this blockade last? It's already been 6 years. If you're honestly looking for peace, you have to give and take. Caging them into submission, meeting resistance with more aggression, these tactics do not build peaceful relationships.

If Hamas wanted the blockade lifted they would stop all attacks and use peaceful defiance, such as that employed by Dr. King here in America. If black people took to the streets with guns and rockets do you think anyone would have cared about them any more? No, they would be confirming what was said about them. The thing is, what people said and thought was wrong, Dr. King proved that. People say things about Palestinians and Hamas. Unfortunately thus far what is said has been proven correct by their actions.

That is a fair point, but the blacks in American were sold as slaves by their own people and brought here. There is a difference between being sold by your own and having your land forcefully taken from you. The situation would be more like China taking over Texas and saying we have a right to defend ourselves and you should sit at the back of the bus and petition us to listen.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

I agree with a fair bit of what you said, however, I believe that if the blockade/embargo is lifted, Hamas will import more weapons rather than improve the life of citizens there. These weapons, when used, lead to retaliation, which is what is happening now. Its tit for tat and has been for years, its just that Israel has better weapons. Firing missiles from sites next to schools, hospitals, homes, leads to innocent civilian deaths. So do suicide bombers on buses and in restaurants. Obviously Israel has caged the people of Gaza, but that being what it is, Hamas' behavior begs for Israel to fire back, leading to this back and forth killing for which both sides are guilty. A sad state of affairs and example of human nature. Nothing new though. Just current.

I hate to post this a 2nd time, but I must to prove my point.

www.freedomsphoenix.com...

How would you feel?

With that said, how long does this blockade last? It's already been 6 years. If you're honestly looking for peace, you have to give and take. Caging them into submission, meeting resistance with more aggression, these tactics do not build peaceful relationships.

If Hamas wanted the blockade lifted they would stop all attacks and use peaceful defiance, such as that employed by Dr. King here in America. If black people took to the streets with guns and rockets do you think anyone would have cared about them any more? No, they would be confirming what was said about them. The thing is, what people said and thought was wrong, Dr. King proved that. People say things about Palestinians and Hamas. Unfortunately thus far what is said has been proven correct by their actions.

That is a fair point, but the blacks in American were sold as slaves by their own people and brought here. There is a difference between being sold by your own and having your land forcefully taken from you. The situation would be more like China taking over Texas and saying we have a right to defend ourselves and you should sit at the back of the bus and petition us to listen.

No, the reason for the problem is not the issue. Palestinians choosing violence is the issue. China has no historical claim over Texas. If Texas was it;s own state and Mexico decided to retake their lost land we would have a similar comparison. And as long as Texas chose violence Mexico would keep defending itself.

When Palestinians choose peace over violence we can talk about peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

How about we start with why the blockades started, I am glad you finally admit you have NO CLUE about the blockades. Maybe you can do some research. Hey, here is an exercise in logic. Israel has a blockade up because they say Hamas will attack them from Gaza. Hamas attacks Israel from Gaza. Gee, you're right, they should take it down they are clearly wrong about Hamas' intentions.

No, the point was, how long do you blockade an enemy that you're attempting to make peace with?

Until they stop attacking you and making inflammatory remarks about you maybe? Maybe when they decide they want peace?

Here is a question. Israel has the capabilities to wipe the Palestinians from the area permanently, and quickly. What would be the result of tomorrow Palestinians received technology that allowed them to utterly demolish Israel in a day? Do you think Israel would be the day after?

I don't. Neither do you if you are honest. When that changes we can talk peace and lifting the blockade.

I honestly think Israel would if they could. Look at the backlash now from just this. Could you imagine if Israel decided to nuke someone? Russia would be the first to declare war and probably retaliate in kind.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I honestly think Israel would if they could. Look at the backlash now from just this. Could you imagine if Israel decided to nuke someone? Russia would be the first to declare war and probably retaliate in kind.

They can, they have the hardware and personell to do it, right now. They are restraining themselves, regardless of whether the reason for restraint is a good one of not. We both know Palestinians and Hamas would NOT show restraint, and tomorrow Israel would be gone damn the consequences. THAT is why we have a blockade. THAT is why we can't have peace. Hamas wants the total destruction of Israel, the only thing stopping it is the fact Hamas can't do it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I think you give them too much credit. I don't think any sane person could hit that button. Even so, at the end of the day, all they want is their land back. Why destroy their land in the process?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I think you give them too much credit. I don't think any sane person could hit that button. Even so, at the end of the day, all they want is their land back. Why destroy their land in the process?

I did not say nukes. What if they had a "death ray" that would kill people and not harm animals, the land, or infrastructure. Do you think any Israelis would be alive the next day? We both know the answer is no. So why do you call for peace when you know Hamas does not want peace?

When Palestinians choose peace over terror, their own interests over Hamas, and Israel refuses to listen, then I will jump on Israel and demand change. Right now that is not the case, Hamas must be stopped, the blockade must remain.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I did not say nukes. What if they had a "death ray" that would kill people and not harm animals, the land, or infrastructure. Do you think any Israelis would be alive the next day? We both know the answer is no. So why do you call for peace when you know Hamas does not want peace?

When Palestinians choose peace over terror, their own interests over Hamas, and Israel refuses to listen, then I will jump on Israel and demand change. Right now that is not the case, Hamas must be stopped, the blockade must remain.

Because we're talking about a science fiction weapon here... the only way Hamas is going to "wipe Israel off the map" is by destroying the land that they want which defeats the entire purpose. The only thing holding Israel back right now is the backlash. There's a reason America is the only nation to ever use a nuke against another. Even now it's questioned! If Israel did use one you could be certain someone in this world with enough fire power would have an issue with it... probably Russia.

A blockade is an act of war. Assassination (which started THIS conflict) is an act of war. If your end goal is peace, you can't continue to meet aggression with aggression. Defend yourself, sure, but offensive strikes should be off the table if, like I said, your end goal is peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I've always preferred Byzantium(n).

In regards to the OP:
This sort of response from Turkey was expected by those of us who see the Ezekiel 38-39 war taking shape. Also if Zechariah 12:3 speaks of the same event. Then I expect the United States will also turn against Israel.

On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.
Zechariah 12:3

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

In regards to the OP:
This sort of response from Turkey was expected by those of us who see the Ezekiel 38-39 war taking shape. Also if Zechariah 12:3 speaks of the same event. Then I expect the United States will also turn against Israel.

On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

Rome, glorious Rome. I must visit Istanbul one day.

On to the scripture, which I am not happy to discuss, but I will.

I do not see the current occupants of Israel as the Israel being spoken of in these scriptures. The state was created, but the native people here are the ones trying to reclaim their land. The question is, which Israel does this scripture speak of?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Because we're talking about a science fiction weapon here... the only way Hamas is going to "wipe Israel off the map" is by destroying the land that they want which defeats the entire purpose. The only thing holding Israel back right now is the backlash. There's a reason America is the only nation to ever use a nuke against another. Even now it's questioned! If Israel did use one you could be certain someone in this world with enough fire power would have an issue with it... probably Russia.

A blockade is an act of war. Assassination (which started THIS conflict) is an act of war. If your end goal is peace, you can't continue to meet aggression with aggression. Defend yourself, sure, but offensive strikes should be off the table if, like I said, your end goal is peace.

It does not matter if it is science fiction, we both know if Israel had the weapon they would not use it, if Hamas had it they would. You know Hamas does not want peace, yet you place the blame on Israel. You refuse to change your views, yet your posts clearly show you know your position is wrong, you apparently just do not care.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

No, my posts show that I am open to discussion, not that I will not budge on an issue. I know the history of the Israeli state, how and why it was created, and the land that was taken. You also seem to reverse my opinion for some reason. I DO think Israel would use such a weapon to rid them of Palestine (if they could get away with it). And I don't think Palestine would do the same (it would defeat their purpose). The end goals of both nations are completely different.

Now with that said, you've also refused to discuss peaceful solutions which I've brought up... completely ignoring them in your last post. I'm curious, who is it that doesn't want peace? You also completely ignored the fact that Israel started THIS conflict with offensive aggression.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

In regards to the OP:

"On that day, when all nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Washington DC an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves"
Hiwatt 1:1

... see what i did there?

Jerusalem does not = Israel.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Jerusalem does not = Israel.

Very true. Who knows who could be in control of Jerusalem during the time that scripture is talking about.
edit on 20-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

What peaceful solutions, I haven't seen any. I told you what will bring peace. Palestinians rejecting Hamas. Palestinians stopping attacks. Palestinians refusing to engage in violence. Then the ball is in Israel's court. What is your solution?

And no, Israel HAS the ability to wipe out all Palestinians. They have not done so, that completely refutes your argument Israel would do it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

What peaceful solutions, I haven't seen any. I told you what will bring peace. Palestinians rejecting Hamas. Palestinians stopping attacks. Palestinians refusing to engage in violence. Then the ball is in Israel's court. What is your solution?

And no, Israel HAS the ability to wipe out all Palestinians. They have not done so, that completely refutes your argument Israel would do it.

Are you reading what I'm saying here? I've given you multiple reasons to both questions. I've told you about backlash and I've told you about aggression. You still do not want to talk about Israel starting this conflict. All you want to push is "poor Israel". Guess what? I think Israel is equally at fault. I do not believe in the whole "chosen people" garbage. There are no good guys in this.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The irony is that they suffered terrible hardships during ww2 and now they are inflicting the same on another people with disproportionate attacks and killing of women and children. They have become the monster they most feared. They looked into the abyss and now they have become it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
The irony is that they suffered terrible hardships during ww2 and now they are inflicting the same on another people with disproportionate attacks and killing of women and children. They have become the monster they most feared. They looked into the abyss and now they have become it.

I'm not sure this is fair. Zionists aren't Jews. You cannot blame the entire population of Israel for the way her Government chooses to act.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Are you reading what I'm saying here? I've given you multiple reasons to both questions. I've told you about backlash and I've told you about aggression. You still do not want to talk about Israel starting this conflict. All you want to push is "poor Israel". Guess what? I think Israel is equally at fault. I do not believe in the whole "chosen people" garbage. There are no good guys in this.

Their reasons for not doing it are besides the point. I cite backlash as their reason for negotiating peace if Palestinians were serious about peace. You can guess at WHY Israel does not destroy Palestinians utterly, the fact is they can and they don't. Why is irrelevant.

If the role was reveresed Hamas would not care about backlash they would 100% utterly destroy Israel and kill them all.

I never mentioned chosen people. Israel did not start the conflict. So please tell me your peace plan I still don't see it. I told you mine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join