It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting theories my GF had about Nibiru...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For those who know everything:

Theoretical Physicist Brian Greene Thinks You Might Be a Hologram

www.wired.com...

How much of the universe can you pinch between your thumb and finger? Maybe a lot more than you think. Far reaches of the cosmos may lie less than a millimeter away. Whole other universes may be within your grasp. Even if you cannot see these distant places and other worlds, you may be in communication with them through that most familiar of forces, gravity.

www.lbl.gov...

Some string theorists have taken this idea further to explain a mystery of gravity that has perplexed physicists for some time – why is gravity so much weaker than the other fundamental forces? Does its carrier, the graviton, exist and where? The idea is that we do not feel gravity’s full effect in the everyday world. Gravity may appear weak only because its force is being shared with other spatial dimensions.

public.web.cern.ch...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Just Chris

I don't even know what you mean by " spitting my dummy out".

You were rude to the OP and I called you out on it and I wasn't alone......the end.

Stop as its time to think,

Use the alert button and stop trying to take the MODS job away from them,

Op could have used the alert if he found it offensive enough,

Dru could apologize if she/he chooses as some of their remarks about OP got a little personal but lets stop posting worthless posts such as this trying to be MODS to each other and just hit the alert button

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The idea of Nibiru being in a parallel universe and will phase into ours is a rehashed idea that was previously posted on ATS

Its interesting if one can expand the theory as some have but what is proposed in the OP needs to be expanded a lot to have a serious discussion.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
reply to post by Malynn

The point is 'harte' and 'druscilla' back their arguments with cold, hard irrefutable facts. Surely you cannot ignore the findings of Michael Heisser who challenged Sitchin to a 'hands on' discussion on live TV (whilst Sitchin was alive of course) to have him explain exactly WHERE he got his translations from. Sitchin refused every time.
Sitchin, and his disciple Lloyd Pye have both been well and truly exposed as unadulterated frauds who's works should be placed in the same category as "Alice in Wonderland" and not to be taken seriously.

I'm pretty sure you weren't born yesterday. Cold, Hard, Irrefutable Facts? I'm sure you're aware that at one point it was a cold, hard, irrefutable fact that the sun revolved around the earth, which was flat. We're discussing old, dead languages that no one has actively spoken for millenia. It is open to a fair amount of interpretation. And I'm supposed to discount interesting research because some other researcher challenged Sitchin to some public media circus? Yeah I'm sure that would have been a real scholarly event.

Reasonable people realize no one has a patent on the truth. And in research you often find ideas and theories that have merit and some that do not. There are other researchers that have recently been coming to similar conclusions (notice SIMILAR, not identical) as Sitchin (not Nibiru specifically) and they aren't getting there using the same methods he did. People who haven't read Sitchin hold up Nibiru like that's the only thing he ever said. He wrote a lot of books and Nibiru was definitely not the most interesting thing in them.

Also, "Cold, Hard, Irrefutable Facts" do not give Harte and Druscilla the license to treat people like crap on a site where COURTESY IS MANDATORY.
edit on 11/21/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This weekend, my gf and I were watching a show about and they were talking about the return of Nibiru and the Annunaki, and she suggested it may exist in a parallel universe, and will 'phase' into this one at the end of December.
I thought about it, and it sounds plausible if it were possible, the other thing she said it might be like a Dyson Sphere type structure or like the Death Star from Star Wars, and might be out there somewhere, light speeding its way here.
If Nibiru exists, and I will say for the record, its highly doubtful, but if it does, these maybe reasons why we wont see it til its here.
Thoughts, other then the typical one liners that say it doesnt exist??

Love the theory. Love your pic more.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

If I'm not mistaken. The hologram theory would support the idea of inter dimensional travel.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfKal

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, how would one be aware of such a thing then? If there was a dimension sort of bumping up against ours, I would think there would still be anomolies spotted in this dimension..strange unexplainable tides and such...

But anyhow, we gotta eventually step into reality. Imagine for a moment looking at the sky and suddenly, as if by magic, a planet/sun/whatever just popped up...just the sheer thought pushes the limits of my imagination as it seems to incredibly unlikely..would be akin to suddenly watching my neighbors house disappear because it got sucked into a different dimension sort of thing.

I don't think the universe works like that. perhaps subatomic particles may drift in and out..but entire celestial bodies?...

After reading the "Source Field Investigations", ANYTHING is possible! Besides, any "qualified, respected" scientist isn't going reveal his findings if it crosses the grains of the Status Quo even it's completely plausible or to say he discovered something but can't give a "normal" explanation for it.
*Read the book!!*

Bit busy reading zombie novels at the moment.
Sure, anything is possible, except for the stuff that isn't.

I would bet a dollar that there won't be a magically appearing planet in our solar system come december 21st..some romulan stealth field decloaking mostly to freak us out.
Not because I know...as suggested, anything is possible, but just going with the odds here...more chance of me sprouting wings and flying to the moon for a cup of tea than that happening.

-checks my back for feathers-

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
In addition to my previous post, the following link is more specific from Dr. Michael S Heiser regarding Nibiru, as well as detailing how you, the common whatever, or whoever you are, can search Sumerian texts for any and all specifics regarding the name "Nibiru"

... about that Nibiru thing ...

In fairness, it should be pointed out here that there are various spellings of the term "Nibiru" extant.

Examples include: Nibru, Neberu, Nebru,...etc.

This is, of course, a consequence of the fact that cuneiform (Akkadian/Sumerian) is not English.

While I'm on it, one should also be aware that "anunnaki" is not a Sumerian word, rather it came to use in the Babylonian period.

Any search at that site for "anunnaki" will turn up zilch. Look instead for "anunna," which was the term Sumerians used.

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Deny777

That reminds me of a theory a physicist had (have to find info on her), she is trying to solve the problem of gravity and its weakness not making sense. She thinks it may be leaking from another dimension.

Lisa Randall?

Originally posted by Malynn
*smirks*

@ Harte & Druscilla

I've seen the material you so helpfully pony'd up as your rebuttal, because I've spent the last 20 + years researching...well the origins of man I guess you'd call it. I find them no more right or wrong than Sitchin's work. Sitchin interprets the text one way, and they interpret the text another way.

Here's a major blunder on your part.

See, Sitchin didn't "interpret" anything. Sitchin took legitimate Assyriologists' translations and replaced some of their words with his own fantasy ideas.

For example, Sitchin claimed the anunnaki came here on rocket ships (a decidedly 60's technology, by the way.) He claimed the word "shem" should be translated as "rocket" ("sky chamber," actually, IIRC.)

People should be aware that the Akkadians actually left behind dictionaries and lexicons of Sumerian terms. Akkadian, being a Semitic language, isn't that hard to translate. The "Akkadian-Sumerian" dictionaries left behind tell us exactly what the people at the time meant by each word they used.

It's really a solved problem and is not up for "interpretation," unless one wishes to claim that the Akkadians, who lived there before there was a Babylon, simply didn't know anything about the language they themselves adopted and used daily.

Sitchin's claims about some Sumerian words, then, completely ignore all the contexts in which the words were used. Heiser goes into this in some detail on this but, as I said, it appears that you prefer to ignore what is actually known on this particular subject in favor of maintaining a position from which you can pretend to have an "open mind."

That's fine. I mean, I already said that it's perfectly okay for an individual to continually wallow in ignorance. I should point out that there is, however, quite a difference between being ignorant and choosing to remain ignorant.

Originally posted by DruscillaI'm pretty sure no one in this thread is interested in convincing you of anything, as you're obviously incapable of entertaining theories and ideas outside of your rigid world views.

I entertain plenty of theories. But, unlike yourself, I simply don't entertain a scam as if it were some legitimate "theory."

Originally posted by Druscilla However, what we are interested in is not having to read your rude and self-righteous comments insinuating we're all nerf-herders.

Yes, I miss the "ignore" function as well.

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the Lisa Randall reference, very interesting stuff

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

her theory reminds me of Transformers 3 when they were trying to bring Cybertron to Earth using the pilars..

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Your girls theory is good.

Maybe this, Our parallel bubbles are just about to meet each other. You know how when you blow a bubble with chewing gum then someone blows a bubble facing your bubble.(not that we do this just a example)

This other bubble contains Nibiru, The bubble containing Nibiru is coming into our bubble because our bubble is expanding into the bubble containing Nibiru.

My theory of a parallel bubble is a gravity field bubble. Our bubble expanding is pulling with gravity this extra planet into our dimension.

we can't see into this other bubble, because its existing in a different universe, only when our bubbles touch, we will see into it.

how could this be possible voyager probe reaching the edge of the solar system? expanding our bubble?

I'm just being hypothetical. its a theory.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

What if Voyager pops our bubble? Then we all go kaput.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
no because my theory pulls a entire solar system into our bubble.
the bubble is only a example name for what could be happen hypothetical.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah and maybe every time people go up in a hot air balloon it opens up a tiny tear in the multiverse which allows the goblins of dystopia to come in. And yes I just made that up -- just as you made up your OP, or your GF did.

I don't see how random stoner talk merits a thread, this is GRAY AREA buffoonery.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Yeah and maybe every time people go up in a hot air balloon it opens up a tiny tear in the multiverse which allows the goblins of dystopia to come in. And yes I just made that up -- just as you made up your OP, or your GF did.

I don't see how random stoner talk merits a thread, this is GRAY AREA buffoonery.

Well it merits a thread because its theory yet to be proven untrue, hence why its in the Grey Area.

seems like you have a problem with with hypothetical reasoning.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

are you inferring we are talking under the influence of MJ?
If so you ASS U ME wrong
This came up while watching a show about the topic

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Malynn

The point is 'harte' and 'druscilla' back their arguments with cold, hard irrefutable facts. Surely you cannot ignore the findings of Michael Heisser who challenged Sitchin to a 'hands on' discussion on live TV (whilst Sitchin was alive of course) to have him explain exactly WHERE he got his translations from. Sitchin refused every time.
Sitchin, and his disciple Lloyd Pye have both been well and truly exposed as unadulterated frauds who's works should be placed in the same category as "Alice in Wonderland" and not to be taken seriously.

I'm pretty sure you weren't born yesterday. Cold, Hard, Irrefutable Facts? I'm sure you're aware that at one point it was a cold, hard, irrefutable fact that the sun revolved around the earth, which was flat. We're discussing old, dead languages that no one has actively spoken for millenia. It is open to a fair amount of interpretation. And I'm supposed to discount interesting research because some other researcher challenged Sitchin to some public media circus? Yeah I'm sure that would have been a real scholarly event.

Reasonable people realize no one has a patent on the truth. And in research you often find ideas and theories that have merit and some that do not. There are other researchers that have recently been coming to similar conclusions (notice SIMILAR, not identical) as Sitchin (not Nibiru specifically) and they aren't getting there using the same methods he did. People who haven't read Sitchin hold up Nibiru like that's the only thing he ever said. He wrote a lot of books and Nibiru was definitely not the most interesting thing in them.

Also, "Cold, Hard, Irrefutable Facts" do not give Harte and Druscilla the license to treat people like crap on a site where COURTESY IS MANDATORY.

Well, firstly, NO I wasn't born yesterday I was born over 74 years ago.
There was never ever any 'cold, hard irrefutable facts' that the sun revolved round the earth and that it was flat. It was simply a belief.
I read Sitchin and believed what he wrote until I read Michael Heisser and realized that Sitchin was a hoaxer.
I do not know 'Druscilla' at all but during my time on ATS I have found that 'harte' is very learned in this subject and has done the necessary homework on it. I like the way he explains things in language that I can understand instead of using words that I cannot pronounce let alone understand. I wouldn't say that he/she is a rude person unless he/she is verbally abused and a likewise retaliation is given.
Zechariah Sitchin has been proven to be a fraud too many times by experts in the field to have his work taken seriously.
I acknowledge the fact that you have a different opinion and will defend your right to express that opinion but wasn't his original prediction that Nibiru would appear in 2004 and, when it didn't, said that it would be in 2006 and so on. It still has not appeared and there is no sign of it whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amrakshow could this be possible voyager probe reaching the edge of the solar system? expanding our bubble?

If I understand you correctly, why can't it be someone looked at Hubble's images and expanded his or her bubble all the way up there which was noticed by an alien bubble over there which then set on a journey to the center of this (from the aliens perspective) alien bubble? Just being extremely hypothetical ofcourse.
edit on 23/11/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by amrakshow could this be possible voyager probe reaching the edge of the solar system? expanding our bubble?

If I understand you correctly, why can't it be someone looked at Hubble's images and expanded his or her bubble all the way up there which was noticed by an alien bubble over there which then set on a journey to the center of this (from the aliens perspective) alien bubble? Just being extremely hypothetical ofcourse.

Primarily because, as I understand it, these "bubbles" we've reduced universes to in this thread are 9 or ten dimensional objects, and not floating spheres full of individual universes (universi?)

I do not know 'Druscilla' at all but during my time on ATS I have found that 'harte' is very learned in this subject and has done the necessary homework on it. I like the way he explains things in language that I can understand instead of using words that I cannot pronounce let alone understand. I wouldn't say that he/she is a rude person unless he/she is verbally abused and a likewise retaliation is given.

A ringing endorsement which humbles me. For once. LOL

I'm a he, and I'm 56. IIRC, these data used to be in our profiles, but maybe I'm thinking of some other forums.

It's gratifying (and I bet Druscilla thinks so too) to read a post like yours concerning Sitchin, OzTiger. Keeps up the faith and all. Thanks.

And lastly:

Originally posted by Nicorette

I'd forgotten how much I love the much-underused term "buffoonery."

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Malynn

I would star this post 100 times if possible. This poster presents exactly what irks me the most about those on this site who like to bash and insult others for seemingly no reason, other than a difference in opinion or belief system.
One that comes to mind (name withheld) has shown a bit of hypocrisy in how they treat others in their difference to opinion versus how they prefer to be treated - in older threads that I have read. They kept asking why people were attacking them, and kept asking that question, as other posters kept attacking them for their difference in opinion - which did not match their own. If you cannot treat others with the same respect you feel you deserve, regardless of the difference in opinion to others, you should not complain when people give back to you which you have given them. This thread started as someone being excited about having someone close to them that they could sit and talk with about esoteric and (whether other posters agree or not) different subject matter. I have no idea myself if Nibiru exists, but I do not believe insulting someone for their belief that it does, is in any way honorable. Insulting someone for believing in something that you do not is not denying ignorance; it's promoting it.

It's really that simple. If you do not agree, what is so hard about just saying that you do not agree, and leaving it at that? Why insult someone for having a difference in belief or opinion than your own? That is childish and vastly immature.

I would like to believe that the Nibiru existing could be possible. It's a different and fun (in my opinion) thing to discuss and hypothesize over. I think it's a wonderful thing for the OP to have found someone that he connects to in such a way. It's always nice to be with someone that you can identify and share your ideas with, which was the point of this thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join