It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting theories my GF had about Nibiru...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hmm. Sounds awfully convenient. Instead of spending time trying to think of ways for some planet to come and kill us without us knowing, why dont you guys start a garden or something?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

it's Mimas.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Thanks. That's it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

So why take the time andwasted effort to bother with a 'put-down' of this tone? YOU may be 100% certain, just as folk of old were 100% certain The World is flat! Please have the respect NOT to pass comment at all if THIS is the kind of B.S. is your idea of intellegent dialogue!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Or, for another perspective -

Keep it up Druscilla!

GO Dru! GO Dru!

Glad to have you here, and happy to star you to death.

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Damn, we sure do have some "Debby Downers" in here. What happened? Did you run out of toilet paper? Mom's basement not as cool as it used to be? What gives?

Interesting speculation Homer. Keep it up. Some of us do like thinking outside of the box. It may or may not be true, but it's still fun.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Or, for another perspective -

Keep it up Druscilla!

GO Dru! GO Dru!

Glad to have you here, and happy to star you to death.

Harte

Maybe you and Druscilla should get together. I think she may be lonely, and it's bringing her down...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this video might be of interest to her... talking about events in 2012 and what might be experienced, depending upon one's frequency

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

..strange unexplainable tides

Well rogue waves are pretty strange.. Although explainable they are not fully understood.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Just to satisfy your curiosity, whether or not you choose to believe me or not, I really don't care, not sure if your thinly veiled insults are a result of your possible overwhelming loneliness, here is a pic of me & my better half

Well Homer, she is a pretty gal, you seem to be very into her. That's all good man, as you being able to discuss anything you want with her - and the fact that her interests match your own, is even better. Some posters enjoy nothing more to than to insult others on this site, for no other reason than your opinion being different, or not meeting their standards of what should be expected to be considered tangible or not. We should see how certain posters like being controversial and enjoy berating others to do so. This should not be acceptable to anyone that comes here to discuss their views or beliefs - even what their hobbies are.

I'd sit down and discuss these things with you as well, as I am open-minded to differing and interesting views. I think Nibiru is one of those things that is fascinating to talk about to me, whether it's real or it isn't.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This weekend, my gf and I were watching a show about and they were talking about the return of Nibiru and the Annunaki, and she suggested it may exist in a parallel universe, and will 'phase' into this one at the end of December.

Isn't amazing the types of conversations that one can have with their significant others while watching television shows?

Not that I actually believe that Nibiru exists, but there are things in the world that are not fully understood and hey, as I see it that could be just as probable as something that is supposedly larger than Jupiter just sitting out there and only visible from the South Pole.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Your GF sounds a lot like a lot of members on here....suffice to say they don't usually have a clue what they're talking about!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This weekend, my gf and I were watching a show about and they were talking about the return of Nibiru and the Annunaki, and she suggested it may exist in a parallel universe, and will 'phase' into this one at the end of December.
I thought about it, and it sounds plausible if it were possible, the other thing she said it might be like a Dyson Sphere type structure or like the Death Star from Star Wars, and might be out there somewhere, light speeding its way here.
If Nibiru exists, and I will say for the record, its highly doubtful, but if it does, these maybe reasons why we wont see it til its here.
Thoughts, other then the typical one liners that say it doesnt exist??

"Plausible if it were possible"? I think you've said everything that needs to be said with that one phrase haha.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Oh come on Druscilla, be nice, while I enjoy your posts this is not your finest hour. Anyway no real harm done lets all move on.

Homer don't feel that you have to explain yourself and everything you say on ATS, glad that you have someone to share this lonesome journey of life with and thanks for sharing your thoughts. In my interesting life I have learned that we here on this spinning rock really know bugger all in the great scheme of things and we are continually learning through our experiences.

Our entire universe may exist on the tail of a sperm in the left testicle of the last male of a dying species of really stupid alien mammal on some dying planet caught up in a religious war between two tribes of intergalactic morons who believe that their great god is on their side. All the females of his species are wiped out. He is the last of his kind.

Forget Nibiru, masturbation may be the end of us all.
Just sayin,

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

I think he means she works so much she's not aware of topics discussed daily

The world ending in 2012 is a daily topic on this board, but the only time I have ever heard it come up in a social setting was when a nephew mentioned it after he had a couple too many drinks, and I told him to stop spending so much time online.

Like I said, it started and will end as an internet craze. It was used to peddle BS books, marketing dollars. Like many doomsday fads before it...
-

I guess the point I was trying to make was even if she wasn't working so much, there's no reason for her too have any more information about the supposed "end of the world".
edit on 20-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Here in Denmark, our public service TV channel is making a live broadcast and a "end world" party at our opera house, with countdown and everything - The 21 of december is no longer a internet thing, its everywhere !

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Really Harte? I thought you were one of the skeptics that could actually disagree with someone without being a jerk about it. I've read all Zecharia Sitchin's books and I've read all the supposed "Debunking" of his work, countless threads where Stereologist comes in and informs us we're all mouth-breathing ignorant douchebags and I haven't seen anything that proves conclusively Sitchin was wrong. If you'd like to offer a link which is your smoking gun for his wrongness by all means, pony it up.

Furthermore, Sitchin in no way predicted Nibiru would cross in 2012. He said it would be about a 1000 years from now. Do I believe he was correct about it all? I have no idea, but I immensely enjoyed reading his work and it was all definitely plausible and more so than the crap half this world whole-heartedly believes in.

Also, OP, completely disregard Druscilla. She, he, arm-pit lady, whatever they are is incapable of having a polite and rational discussion with anyone. Unless of course you're toeing the line of textbook science.

Enjoy your time with your girlfriend, and cherish those moments of outside the box theorizing. It's so much fun exploring the boundaries of our imaginations.
edit on 11/20/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Really Harte? I thought you were one of the skeptics that could actually disagree with someone without being a jerk about it. I've read all Zecharia Sitchin's books and I've read all the supposed "Debunking" of his work, countless threads where Stereologist comes in and informs us we're all mouth-breathing ignorant douchebags and I haven't seen anything that proves conclusively Sitchin was wrong. If you'd like to offer a link which is your smoking gun for his wrongness by all means, pony it up.

Furthermore, Sitchin in no way predicted Nibiru would cross in 2012. He said it would be about a 1000 years from now. Do I believe he was correct about it all? I have no idea, but I immensely enjoyed reading his work and it was all definitely plausible and more so than the crap half this world whole-heartedly believes in.

Also, OP, completely disregard Druscilla. She, he, arm-pit lady, whatever they are is incapable of having a polite and rational discussion with anyone. Unless of course you're toeing the line of textbook science.

Enjoy your time with your girlfriend, and cherish those moments of outside the box theorizing. It's so much fun exploring the boundaries of our imaginations.
edit on 11/20/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

Consider yourself Pony'd up.

Re: Sitchin -
Primarily in reference to Anunnaki:

The short answer is that everything Ancient Aliens says about the Annunaki comes from a man named Zecharia Sitchin. Sitchin wrote many books claiming that the Annunaki were really aliens. Unfortunately, at the time that he wrote this in the 70’s, there weren’t many ways for ordinary people to see if what he was saying is true or not.

To put it simply Sitchin’s translation of the word Annunaki is wrong.

Sitchin claimed to be an expert on Sumerian writings, yet we can now see that he didn’t seem to even understand the basic grammar and vocabulary rules of the Sumerian language. Several real scholars challenged him on his translations, and on his lack of any academic credentials in the field, pointing out that there is no record of Sitchin having anything but a journalism degree

One such scholar is Michael Heiser. “To this day I haven’t been able to find, nor have other people of whom I’ve asked help – people who liked Sitchin – any credentials of him knowing any of the languages or him being credentialed in any way in ancient near-eastern studies.”

It goes on and quite thoroughly discredits Sitchin.
Watch if you dare.

Additionally, If you've read 'everything', you may want to turn your attention to sitchiniswrong.com where the above mentioned accredited verifiable scholar Dr. Michael Heiser details the fallacies, inconsistencies, and outright fictions of Sitchin.

There's a wealth of material to read through, and even instructions on how and where you, yourself can search the original primary source material writings in the original Babylonian (and associated) on tablets, and other substrate, where you, yourself, can independently verify and fact check everything said for and/or against Sitchin yourself, as well as conduction your own research.

Believe what you will, but, please, when presented with such exposure to outright falsification and fantasy, don't continue to support and believe in something in spite of and contrary to the evidence.

Nibiru, Anunnaki; all the nonsense that circulates on this board about said such is just that. Utter fantasy nonsense, and sensationalist book-selling lies.

Back to you Malynn

edit on 20-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Really Harte? I thought you were one of the skeptics that could actually disagree with someone without being a jerk about it.

I'm so happy to find people here that have at least some small amount of knowledge concerning this subject that I'll gladly ignore any vitriol they can muster. I recognize that it is extremely frustrating dealing with the Sitchinistas, and I attribute the attitude to that fact, having experienced it myself.

I've read all Zecharia Sitchin's books and I've read all the supposed "Debunking" of his work, countless threads where Stereologist comes in and informs us we're all mouth-breathing ignorant douchebags and I haven't seen anything that proves conclusively Sitchin was wrong. If you'd like to offer a link which is your smoking gun for his wrongness by all means, pony it up.

You'll have to read the translations yourself.

After that, find for us anywhere in any published work of Sitchin's exactly where he stated that he could read cuneiform.

Once you realize that he couldn't, you'll see that he simply used translations that are free and available online right now.

Here:
link

Those are the translations he used.

You can read a great many more translations of Sumerian myths at the ECSL website. Try this page as a starter, as the site can be difficult to navigate.

I assure you, the two links I supplied above can tell you everything you need to know on what Nibiru was and wasn't. Here I'm assuming that you want to ignore Assyriologists and language experts, otherwise I'd refer you (like Stereologist - who is one of my favorite posters here) to the website of Dr. Michael Heiser, one of a very few in academia that are willing to even address this issue, owing to the stupidity involved.

Hmmm. This seems a bit hypocritical given your earlier statements regarding jerkiness (quoted at top of this post.)

It's perfectly fine to wallow in utter ignorance. Just ignore the facts and ignore the people trying to convey them.

Nibiru was never, ever named as a planet by any Mesopotamian culture, though eventually the term was used in reference to Jupiter (but they still had the name for Jupiter and still used it.) Nor did any Mesopotamian (or any other ancient) culture ever write a single thing about any lights in the sky that cannot be seen with the naked eye every night. You and others have simply allowed yourselves to be had by a bunch of con men out to make a buck. It really is just that simple. What's not so simple is that you and others continue to allow this even in the face of conclusive evidence to the contrary.

That last bit is not so simple, like I said. But it's also not so complex as to be beyond understanding, because I do understand it. It's damn hard to admit that you've been tricked - even made to look like an idiot - by people with less brainpower than you yourself posess. I know this because I was once a believer in Erik VonDaniken and his utter hogwash.

I made the effort, on the other hand, to learn more about the topic and eventually discovered the above about myself - just like you will eventually. The difference is, what will you do when this occurs?

Let me end with this - did you know that Nibiru was the name of a city in ancient Sumeria/Babylonia? It was Enlil's city and is still there today. It's called Nuffar (formerly Nippur, formerly Niburu.)

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought about it, and it sounds plausible if it were possible,

Do you even understand what you just said...?
Because if you did, you'd realize your gf's proposal is

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought about it, and it sounds plausible if it were possible,

Do you even understand what you just said...?
Because if you did, you'd realize your gf's proposal is

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join