It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 Mile Doorway Into Planet Mercury Discovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Something I've noticed the more I looked at the pictures:

The craters on the left side seem to be opening, or falling into the hole, and there seem to be overhangs on the right side of the hole. Anyone have an explaination for that?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It appears to be a real rectangle on the surface of Mercury.
But then again, that probably happens everyday with the shadow of The Messenger.

Make a comparison from the spacecraft design links below with the anomaly in the picture in question, apart from the solar panels, which I can't explain, that's the exact shape of the probe.

The features of those "faces" on the left side could just be antennas and other instrumentation reflected in the shadow.

I wanted to believe when I first saw this on Before It's News as something unexplained, but after some deliberation I'm convinced what we are looking is nothing else then an exaggerated case of glimpsing the camera in the mirror, like would be a mistake you might find in a movie.

www.nasa.gov...
messenger.jhuapl.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by beezzer

Dave? What are you doing, Dave? You left the door open, Dave......

I thought the same thing when I saw it, 2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

Back in 1968 when the movie was produced we were in the middle of the American space program years. Everyone was interested in outer space and the mysteries we would find there. The movie was different for its time. The special effects were cutting edge and the subject matter was first in everyones minds anyway. I guess after Star Wars 2001 looks a little boring. I still love the movie.
Have you ever read the book? There is a lot more detail into the lives of the characters including the Neanderthal men" from the begining of the story. The main neanderthal was named Moonwatcher. I dont think you get that in the movie. Try reading the book. Its a better story than the movie.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
my question is how do people go from a picture
of a rock on a distant planet, to a doorway?

there is not enough in the picture to have a clue as
to what it is...

but i'll go out on a limb and say.. its a rock...

Oh ok nothing like taking a risk huh? I'll go out on that same limb. LOL

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess a 3.4 mile rectangular rock wouldnt get the same attention as a doorway and that is why we went with doorway instead.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Beforeitsnews - /thread

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Well if the other image is a doorway this one must be a port hole. Perhaps Mars is just a big space ship that is docked out there for eternity.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Hey that's pretty cool! Nature doesn't make right angles all that often. Certainly not 4 at a time! Looks artificial to me. Just admit it...ALIENS!

These are called beach rocks. They are in the Bahamas and are reffered to as the bimini road. Some speculate that this was a road from ancient Atlantis but in actuallity these rectangular rocks occur naturally.
Mother nature does create right angles. www.hasslberger.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Im just saying, you cant automatically dismiss it as a hole, possibly a cave in since they have been found on Mars and im sure they exist on Venus, if we could see through the thick atmosphere.
I do think its strange that its a rectangle though.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTheorist

You would have to explain how this very sharp shadow shows up then? Does the space station create a shadow on earth when it passes in front of the sun? I doubt its a shadow of anything in space above Mercury.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I'm sorry, Dave but I can't do that...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Looks like some protrusion on the surface casting as long shadow (rock, etc.). Interesting that it appears to have those right angles, but that could be an optical illusion. Light can do some interesting things...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No I dont either. Its not a perfect rectangle anyway. The bottom corners are all wonkey almost like a drop of some liquid. Like if you dripped a bit of water onto a dark paper from a height of say a foot up you could get a pattern like what I see at the bottom edge of this rectangle.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have to say after taking a look at the photo my first thought was:

"My god! It's full of stars!"

heheheh.

No clue what it is, but it is interesting looking. I believe their was another picture somewhere recently posted showing a Happy Face in a crater on Mercury too.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Why do the sides top and bottom line up with the edges of the photo?

Weird eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's obviously not a hole!
What it is, is a cylindrical ore craft ascending or descending. It's even casting its own shadow for goodness sake, how anyone gets a hole out of that is beyond me, are ye all stupid or what !!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To me, it kind of looks like a really big silicon chip...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

This isn's really a door way as such, is a landing pad for corvosian cruisers.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

i agree, i got totally absorbed in the book and ended up finishing it in an afternoon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join