It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 Mile Doorway Into Planet Mercury Discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It's obviously not a hole!
What it is, is a cylindrical ore craft ascending or descending. It's even casting its own shadow for goodness sake, how anyone gets a hole out of that is beyond me, are ye all stupid or what !!

No I saw that right away too, that it looks like a shadow being cast, and not an actual hole.

But then that begs 2 questions:

1) What is casting that shadow?

and

2) Why is the angle of the shadow different from the crater shadows?

I'm leaning towards loss of data in those frames myself, as that would give you black with corners, however, I imagine it would be sharper looking (but then JPEG compression could change that).

Is there a high resolution raw image we can look at? I've got to jet in a few minutes and don't have time to go looking, and won't be back for a few hours.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

LOL !

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by beezzer

Dave? What are you doing, Dave? You left the door open, Dave......

I thought the same thing when I saw it, 2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

Perhaps. But the idea that a structure on the surface of Mercury is just a little more plausable now because of it.

I thought 2010 was a better movie, but some of the lines in 2001 were classic!

All true!!!
Now if you would just do something with that avatar...........

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Notice the 3 massive craters close to that "doorway". They didn't choose a very good spot for an entrance.

Also someone said it was possibly a shadow? You can see on the bottom edge that it begins to decline inwards.

but it's probably just a sinkhole of some kind

ancient alien doorway doesn't fly well with me especially since you can compare the size of it to the craters...

underground docking bay or some bs, who's ship is THAT big?
edit on 19-11-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well obviously its a runway for all the Plains from Nazca.

You know, the Inca and Aztec ones......

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I'm not that young. I remember watching it about 10 years after it came out. I just couldn't get into it. It felt like it drug out forever.
No I have not read the book but I am willing to give it a try. I will check it out on my kindle later.
Thanks,
Quad

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That rectangle shape in that image could have possibly been a HOT Pixel. That is a phenomena often seen in space imagery. But it could be something else, I see people already had the mental connection to 2001: Space odyssey
It was the first thing that come to my mind as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Dave? What are you doing, Dave? You left the door open, Dave......

I thought the same thing when I saw it, 2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

Perhaps. But the idea that a structure on the surface of Mercury is just a little more plausable now because of it.

I thought 2010 was a better movie, but some of the lines in 2001 were classic!

"Most boring movie ever made" and "2010 was better". I don't know if part of my soul just died or I just threw up in my mouth. Weeping over here....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I see.....

Hmm....

A rectangular hole.... It appears as if it is a hole, because the terrain-area around it seems to be lowering into the blackness.

Pretty interesting stuff right here. Didn't know Mercury looked like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I zoomed in on the rectangle and adjusted the contast and brightness a little...You can clearly see that there is something on inside of the hole, maybe just part of the terrain...It's hard to tell exatly what it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

"Oh my god! It's full of stars!"

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

It does look like a huge shadow cast from a very tall monolith.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

monolith? realy?
i see what looks like a shadow but theres no monolith in the picture to cast any shadow
i honestly dont have a clue what it is but im not sold on monolith.

it certainly looks out of place tho.

ETA - looking at the pic again, theres another square/oblong even bigger in the bottom left corner

edit on 19-11-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Disclaimer: I'm in NO way claiming this to be a doorway, made by aliens, or any other nonsense. I'm just brining it to the attention of ATS.

could be perceived as a monolith...
or a censor block.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A doorway! Ha ha ha. It has a lintel and a door handle. I wonder if it's got a doorbell?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
That rectangle shape in that image could have possibly been a HOT Pixel. That is a phenomena often seen in space imagery. But it could be something else, I see people already had the mental connection to 2001: Space odyssey
It was the first thing that come to my mind as well.

A screwed up pixel is a possibility.
Rectangles are not natural phenomena though.
There is overwhelming evidence of some interstellar intelligence at work in our solar system in the distant past.
And, therefor, there are likely remnants of larger structures built into planets. It's hard to say on this photo.
I don't know if I'm looking at something original or altered.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not a doorway...its nothing otherwise it wouldn't be available for the public if it was something to worry about.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I have used my own telescope and zoomed in on the site. What I found, was nothing short of terrifying.

Ladies and gentlemen, be afraid, be very afraid:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

I agree. As a matter of fact, I found it so boring that I fell asleep each of the 3 times I tried to watch it. I never got past the space station floating in space part...........maybe I should try watching it again. Or maybe I should read the book.... which one is better in terms of staying awake?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I zoomed in on the rectangle and adjusted the contast and brightness a little...You can clearly see that there is something on inside of the hole, maybe just part of the terrain...It's hard to tell exatly what it is.

well that's huge and it's definitely not a perfect rectangle with right angles.. you can see a vast amount of "cracking" along the entire area. ... my guess is that it is a lower laying area and therefore casting a odd shadow in the black in white photo.. if it were in color it would easier to tell...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Looks like that black blob monster from star trek.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What if the 3.4 or the mathematical measurements of this rectangle hold some value? I've been doing my own research and apparently .34n is a distance measured in DNA. I also tried to find bible verses related to 3.4
Maybe there are more numbers to this in general.
I'm not good with numbers, but that's one thing "aliens" tend to like. Making jokes and messages through math.
So don't look at the rectangle as a rectangle. Look at it as a message of some kind.

Edit. For spelling.
edit on 20-11-2012 by DovahPrettyKeen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join