It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15th Century "Sky Ship" Story.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by something wicked

Yes, it's an old topic and yes, there's generally 2 groups, the ones who refuse to believe and those who can see "something" in these ancient works. The cloud theory in relation to the ancient UFOs is absolutely ridiculous imo

It's a lenticular cloud - can you not see that? I find it absolutely amazing that when these paintings show scenes from the bible, clearly meant to depict God, you think it's people who don't see them as UFOs as non believers!!!!!!!!

You're making me laugh more mate, there's no way the object in the painting I posted is a cloud and nor does it depict God (as christians know it). I also never made your last claim, even people who disagree with me on the UFOs in ancient artwork can still believe.

I was referring to the image posted by Arken, hence my reply was to him. Have you tried the link I provided, for which by a weird twist of fate the image you posted is actually at the top of the home page? Go on, I dare you, have a read where people actually have information about the piece of art in question, it's name and what it is intended to show? It's not hard, you may actually find it informative.....

www.sprezzatura.it...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Do you by any chance mean esoteric?

Yes, my skeptic friend. Yes.

Do you?

If you read some Biography of some ancient artists you would remain UPSET!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All these paitings are from the Renaissance age (14th -17th century). Calling them "Ancient Artists" ("Ancient" being the time from 5000 BC to approx 500 AD) is pretty ignorant.These artists weren't eyewitnesses, they painted religious motives using allegories to describe biblical scenes, over 1500 years after the fact (if you want to consider Bible stories to be factual at all). A cloud is a cloud is a cloud.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
All these paitings are from the Renaissance age (14th -17th century). Calling them "Ancient Artists" ("Ancient" being the time from 5000 BC to approx 500 AD) is pretty ignorant.These artists weren't eyewitnesses, they painted religious motives using allegories to describe biblical scenes, over 1500 years after the fact (if you want to consider Bible stories to be factual at all). A cloud is a cloud is a cloud.

I was referring to ancient works mate and I'm well aware of the difference between time periods, your statement is completely misdirected and anal.

A cloud is indeed a cloud and the OP painting is not a cloud and nor is it some religious meaning imo.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

I was referring to ancient works mate and I'm well aware of the difference between time periods, your statement is completely misdirected and anal.

A cloud is indeed a cloud and the OP painting is not a cloud and nor is it some religious meaning imo.

My post was actually directed at Arken, as he referred to Renaissance painters as "Ancient Artists". I didn't make that clear in my post, mea culpa.

Either way, I have a hard time seeing a "sky ship" in the painting (Madonna with child and John the Baptist), even if I would ignore the proper interpretation.
What features strike you as reminiscent of a "sky ship" ?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

What is it about the domed glowing metalic saucer shape that makes you think it is anything other than a flying saucer?

A "stylized sun" is a weak excuse. Whereas we have had photos and reports of domed glowing metalic saucers for decades.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by nv4711

What is it about the domed glowing metalic saucer shape that makes you think it is anything other than a flying saucer?

A "stylized sun" is a weak excuse. Whereas we have had photos and reports of domed glowing metalic saucers for decades.

Well, you can inject whatever your belief system tells you to, but it doesn't make it right.

The Sun and Moon allegories are well researched symbols in artistic iconography of the Renaissance period. You have to understand them in context with other works of the period, be it paintings, literature, philosophy and with the adoption and re-purposing of pagan symbolism and beliefs by the church during the christianization of Europe.

I suggest you travel to Florence and visit the Galleria degli Uffizi, arguably the largest (and greatest) collection of Renaissance art and you will see many examples of the iconography in question. None of them depict UFOs however, so you will have to be open to some real, nevertheless interesting and educating history.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

15th Century "Sky Ship" Story.

Your title refers to a story from the 15th century about a "sky ship", but your quoted source about this story is about something from the 13th century...

In 1211AD Gervase of Tilbury recorded a strange event

The 15th century is when the painting is from in which you claim the amoeba-like thing in the sky is a "ship".

Where's the story from the time of the painting??
edit on 11/21/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join