It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow atheists, let's accept the free gift

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

We are told that the christian god has sent his only son, who was an innocent person, to die for our evil deeds so that we can be forgiven by him. If we don't accept this free gift of salvation, we will be punished for eternity.

We are told that we can accept this FREE gift of salvation by asking him for it.

Fine, I'll take this free gift.

Guess I get to live in heaven now? That wasn't hard.

Being a free gift, I shouldn't have to do anything to receive it but ask for it. If I have to work for it, it is no longer a free gift. If I have to do anything else to receive it or to keep it, it is no longer free.

So again, sure, I'll take this free gift since it has been offered to me many times.

This thread explains the christian plan of salvation in detail.

Note that I'm not evangelizing.... just posting the christian method of salvation.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by CLPrime

The gift of life is free. You have it. It's discipleship with Christ that's not free...that's what you have to "do" stuff for. Christ has given you life, regardless.
I'm talking about the free gift of salvation.

We are told over and over that this gift of salvation is free, all we have to do is accept it.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

no dude
You are told it is a gift. You say it's free so you can spin out of context drivel to serve your own purpose.
It is by grace through faith that one is saved and recieves this gift, not as a result of works that none should boast....as you are doing, or attempting to do as you gloat in your brainstorm of supposed logic and reason to support your presuppositions.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
no dude
You are told it is a gift. You say it's free so you can spin out of context drivel to serve your own purpose.
It is by grace through faith that one is saved and recieves this gift, not as a result of works that none should boast....as you are doing, or attempting to do as you gloat in your brainstorm of supposed logic and reason to support your presuppositions.
Hold up, did you happen to visit the christian sites I posted where it is said to be a free gift?

And like I said, I've been told numerous times, that this is a free gift. I HAVE BEEN told that. I didn't make it up as you claim. That's why I started this thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

now remember this. I am a disciple do you can quote me on this...You can believe it too!
You are a frootloop.
That is a free gift from me, a dsiciple of Yah.
Now since you heard it on this website you can quote this elsewhere, mmmmk

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

now remember this. I am a disciple do you can quote me on this...You can believe it too!
You are a frootloop.
That is a free gift from me, a dsiciple of Yah.
Now since you heard it on this website you can quote this elsewhere, mmmmk
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well put. That was the answer I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i don't know, what christians you are talking about here. to my knowledge, this is pure propaganda to bait people. people, who say it is free, are no real christians, because they are not honest.
being a christian, is basically a service for humanity. christian help poor or troubled people, because they are rewarded with a gift from jesus. this gift is a feeling, the feeling a higher power is with you and "loves" you. have you ever had the good feeling, when you did a favour for someone or helped someone ? or have you never done this or was this feeling disturbed ?

Here's an example I found in another thread posted by DarthMuerte:

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Simple. Jesus has already come. That mystery is revealed. Now we have to make our choice. Are we with the Lord or with Satan? The majority have chosen Satan and rejected the free pardon offered them.

There are tons of sites that speak of this as well.

ichthys.com...
www.debwebonline.com...
www.theoldtimegospel.org...
etc.etc.

ok, I took the time to look at your references, the first one anyway and lo and behold they solved your state of confusion and all you had to do was read and comprehend what you read to understand what was meant.
From the first site you referenced

"Question #1: Hello, You say salvation is free? Could you please give the Scripture to me that states this? Thank you,

Response #1: Salvation is "free to you and me" in the sense that Jesus bought our release from sin through His blood (i.e., His work on the cross in expiating our sin). Nothing we can do could ever "pay" for sin. It took our sinless Savior to redeem us from the bondage of sin. That is the "free" I am referring to when I refer to salvation as "God's free gift", that is, free for us, because Jesus paid the price. That is why salvation is described as a "gift" (Eph.2:8-9), which is by definition "free" (or it wouldn't be a gift).

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
"
ichthys.com...
glad I can help you with your confusion.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
"
ichthys.com...
glad I can help you with your confusion.
And like I said in the OP, sure, I'll take this gift. Thanks. When you give a gift to someone, do you make them pay for it? Nope. So, it's FREE for me. Again, yeah, I'll take it since you're giving it to me.

BTW, I will also take any other gifts that other gods want to give to me, as long as they are good gifts. I appreciate it in advance.

So, I suppose the question is, to get this "gift" there are probably stipulations you have to meet before getting it.

When christians say "Why not accept the free gift of salvation?" they are doing it wrong, I think. Correct?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have always wondered why atheists are so adamant about bashing beliefs of others. I know some Christians can be pushy but I don't see too many Christians trying to get the courts to stop making atheists from displaying their non-belief. I just can't fathom why atheists try to destroy something that gives other people comfort. Why must you pick on Christians only? Why don't you pick on Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus or Jews also?

I have also wondered why atheists obey any moral standards. I am not talking legal standards but merely moral standards. There is nothing for them to gain so I would suspect if an atheist found a dollar on the street, they would think nothing wrong by keeping it and not returning it.

It's obvious to me that atheists think when a person dies, everything they have dies with them. It must be very sad for an atheist when a family member dies.

Finally, when an atheist dies and is lying in a coffin, I think they are all dressed up with no place to go. Kind of like me on Saturday night.

So please riddle me this. What the hell is it to you what another person believes and why do you want to destroy it? Don't say you don't cuz you are too adamant by using the courts to get beliefs stifled.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
Why would I click on this post? what a waste of time. why are you attacking Christians on ATS??? I'm not even Christian and i find this post dumb. You don't just accept the gift, you live it. But atheist are so smart....right?

this is a troll post at its finest
Show me where I made an attack on christians. I'm asking, if it is truly a free gift, can't I just take it then without stipulations? If not, is it really a free gift?

The 'gift', is FREE WILL...
Utilising a flawed concept of 'the gift' will ultimately attract arguments based on a flawed argument, to ask questions of a flawed argument to get the answers to a question which is based on a flawed concept...stupidly circular...

You are at liberty to live all lives as you wish (based on a loving concept of FREE WILL) to eventually quit the stupidity, grow up, and get on with it...or, get stuck in another cycle of lives, asking the same stupid questions to the same stupid people, and not avail yourself of the opportunity to 'pass the year level' and go to the next...

The 'gift' is FREE WILL, use it as you wish...the only stipulation is, you can't 'leave school' and become a 'factory worker'...essentially you trap yourself into a 'groundhog day' of lives...nuffily asking yourself, "What's it all about, then?", cycle after cycle, until it dawns on you...Then you get to work...

A99

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The only problem i see with the OP is the fact that it isn't free, christians these days
are simply cherry picking the "Good Book", the reason they have to do this is that
their book is just as vial and violent as all the other conquer the world religions,
the horrid stuff is in there, you should know nothing is free, especially religion.....

Oh and don't forget to tithe now, 10% of your earnings must now go to the chruch
or you burn, oh and don't take gods name in vane, dont look at anyone with lust
in your mind, don't acknowledge other gods, speak your mind in doubt about your
god, point out god isn't moral at all, truth is the list is so huge you cant realistically
follow it, hence why they had to modify it to add a loophole, the real trick to free
salvation is to accept jesus on your death bed, even tho some would point out
that's also kinda thrown out lmao, a no win proposition as it simply goes
against human nature.

Oh and also all those who espouse that because of jesus you don't have to follow
the 603 commandments from the old testament then you need to reread what
the bible actually says, the only laws jesus throws out, or i should say god throws
out contradicting his own commands are the sacrificial laws, so you still need
to follow all 613 commandments that are left, whew you got a job ahead of you!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The gift of life was not free. My daddy paid a high priced prostitute to bring me into the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Stupidity at it's finest and shows you have no idea about religion in general.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...The attempt by atheists here are amazingly off centered and borderline mental retarded.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Wow even though this was a reply to another poster i find it funny that
religion plugs its ears, goes lalalala we cant hear you when we offer
to prove to them that their "belief" is not founded on evidence or even
on truth, then they turn around and say we are the ones who refuse to
do it their way, as if their way was proper to begin with lol the funny thing
here is i can admit without fear of hell that we could both be right, im not
saying at the same time im just saying i do not preclude the possibility that
real evidence could be offered, i find it highly unlikely but it is possible.

This thread however was on the so called freedom offered in the bible,
and many of us pointed out if you actually read the bible it does not
in any way shape or form offer freedom, it offers the same "freedom"
islam or many other over zealous religions offer, join us or die and
be punished forever, sure its a choice however it is not freedom.

Freedom is being able to decide for yourself what you want to happen
all around, not being limited to two choices....... that's oppression in the
guise of freedom, if someone puts a gun to your head and says i will
either kill you or your family member next to you, that's not freedom that's
forcing someone to make a choice that's horrid either way you go,
if gods true choice is: choose to follow me and be rewarded by knowing
for eternity that your loved ones who chose the other option are in hell
suffering for all eternity then well he is simply immoral. the punishment of
heaven would be as burdensome in many ways as that of hell. the only
true choice god gives you is either feel pain forever or feel heartache forever.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

You have no valid points and never will. If you want to be in a religion and choose not to following some of the guild-lines. Im pretty sure that is freedom.

Feeling free to voice your waste your opinions on my thread because no one can prove religion is wrong nor Atheism because everything done on this planet is human nature.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Great!

Now all you have to do is hit your local church every sunday...

Donate to their collection plate...

And of course, condem everyone who doesn't join your church from here on in...

You're on your way...

No.

I am a believer of The Trinity, and, i don't go to church.

To me it is to meditate/pray. Grow in faith, persevere so one can have a personal relationship with The Creator. When Yeshua walked earth, He meditated profusely, as all other bigger names of the scripture. It is to create a relationship with The Creator, not with a church.

As this quote "Going to church no more makes you a Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car."

In most of my time on earth i have believed in our Creator, and so i went to church, but, i never had a true relationship with The Almighty. Started to go deeper with my meditation and one day my soul awoke. Once it hits you, only then you will know what i am saying.

I am not dissing any church, nor am i saying going to church is wrong. I follow & trust my spiritual guidance, do as i am asked to do, and help whomever asks. Some don't ask, but, at times i know i must help.

Believe, persevere, be strong, have courage, grow in faith, be patient, forgive, be truthful, be righteous, walk in peace, know you have been saved and above all LOVE.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
johngrissom:

Here we go again with the burden of proof being on atheism, plain and simple
religion makes a claim, not the other way around, those points are actually
quite valid, the very fact you pointed out that someone can be in a religion and not
follow the tenants of said religion is obviously proof to my point.

If you dont actually even believe in your own religion as it stands then your literally
just making up what sounds good to you, so they are using fantasy to interpret
reality, simply saying someone has no valid point and ignoring the fact the indeed
there are obvious conflicts in what your saying is not a way to find truth at all.

If you follow a religion then don't lie and claim it does not say what it says,
on the other hand if you do not follow religion then there is simply no need at all
for a god. and as i already pointed out salvation from any of the major religions save
for maybe buddhism is indeed not free at all. I noticed you completely ignored this
point, what your suggesting is that we placate to religion since it is such a huge
part of the world, well i refuse to play pretend just because everyone else is doing
it, especially when it leads down these dangerous paths we have seen time and
again.

edit on 19-11-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'll take the free gift too, we would have to be crazy not to accept such a thing?

SS

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I have always wondered why atheists are so adamant about bashing beliefs of others. I know some Christians can be pushy but I don't see too many Christians trying to get the courts to stop making atheists from displaying their non-belief. I just can't fathom why atheists try to destroy something that gives other people comfort. Why must you pick on Christians only? Why don't you pick on Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus or Jews also?
I've answered this question many times on here, but here goes again. Most of atheists on this site were once christian, so we are more familiar with christian beliefs than the others.

Why do christians pick on muslims and any one else who doesn't believe their way? Why do they fight against a new mosque being built near the WTC? Why do they picket funerals of fallen soldiers (westboro baptist church), why do they travel to other countries trying to convert people who know no better? Why do African christian at this very moment kill children because they suspect them of being witches?

Yes, I also question muslim, jewish, hindu beliefs as well, and have done so here. There are more christians on this site than anything else.

I have also wondered why atheists obey any moral standards. I am not talking legal standards but merely moral standards. There is nothing for them to gain so I would suspect if an atheist found a dollar on the street, they would think nothing wrong by keeping it and not returning it.
I imagine that if you did not have your god, you would become a murderer, thief, rapist, etc. It is to people like you to whom I say, "Please don't stop believing in your god, I don't want you to murder my family."

It's obvious to me that atheists think when a person dies, everything they have dies with them. It must be very sad for an atheist when a family member dies.
I don't know what happens when someone dies, I think it will probably be nothing. What happens when an insect dies, or a bird? What about a monkey?

Finally, when an atheist dies and is lying in a coffin, I think they are all dressed up with no place to go. Kind of like me on Saturday night.
I don't have a problem with that. Also, I don't need to believe in something because I hope desperately to keep living after my body is buried or cremated.

So please riddle me this. What the hell is it to you what another person believes and why do you want to destroy it? Don't say you don't cuz you are too adamant by using the courts to get beliefs stifled.
I don't want to destroy it, I want to discuss it. I want people to see from the other side of the coin, to see another point of view. Why can't you understand this?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Stupidity at it's finest and shows you have no idea about religion in general.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...The attempt by atheists here are amazingly off centered and borderline mental retarded.
If you have nothing good to offer, why speak?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join