It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow atheists, let's accept the free gift

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Alternatively, you can choose to live in sin, in which case you will experience God's wrath. Nothing but misguided and deceived self-proclaimed "Christians" will claim that you will not then receive life after God's wrath is poured and judgment is complete. Scripture is translucent (not quite clear) on the matter.

Thank you very much sir. You are the first person, other than myself, I've ever heard say this. I've never even mentioned this on ATS. I did bring it up a few times when I was in the church years ago, but I'm sure you know how that went over.

Do you know others who believe this way? I've never met one, other than yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Am I correct in understanding that in order for one to be affected by a prior event, in this case the death of Jesus Christ, one first must be made aware of such an occurrence?

With that logic, if someone poisoned the waterhole and the town downstream did not know about it, they would be perfectly safe.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i don't know, what christians you are talking about here. to my knowledge, this is pure propaganda to bait people. people, who say it is free, are no real christians, because they are not honest.
being a christian, is basically a service for humanity. christian help poor or troubled people, because they are rewarded with a gift from jesus. this gift is a feeling, the feeling a higher power is with you and "loves" you. have you ever had the good feeling, when you did a favour for someone or helped someone ? or have you never done this or was this feeling disturbed ?

Here's an example I found in another thread posted by DarthMuerte:

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Hydroman

Simple. Jesus has already come. That mystery is revealed. Now we have to make our choice. Are we with the Lord or with Satan? The majority have chosen Satan and rejected the free pardon offered them.

There are tons of sites that speak of this as well.

ichthys.com...
www.debwebonline.com...
www.theoldtimegospel.org...
etc.etc.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You are an agnostic skeptic. Being an atheist is its own religion and the two (agnostic, atheist) are mutually exclusive.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Sounds more like an agnostic to me.
next line
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't know if gods exist, but I don't believe they do. Many atheists are this way.

Sorry dude you are either an Atheist or agnostic, you can not be both.

Atheist=One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Agnostic=a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
So you are agnostic not atheist.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Sorry dude you are either an Atheist or agnostic, you can not be both.

Atheist=One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Agnostic=a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
So you are agnostic not atheist.

I beg to differ:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.atheistrev.com...
www.allaboutphilosophy.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The majority have chosen Satan and rejected the free pardon offered them.

this author is some kind of "doom-agent". agent of god ? maybe, but surely no servant of jesus.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

this author is some kind of "doom-agent". agent of god ? maybe, but surely no servant of jesus.
I am not surprised by your response. Many believers of this christian god can't agree amongst themselves about many things that his "word" says. I don't get that. You'd think that if these people all truly had personal relationships with this god, as they claim, they would all be on the same page as to what he says. Why aren't they?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

you should not mix up jehova with jesus. they are like two faces of god.

edit on 18-11-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

you should not mix up jehova with jesus.
It's hard to keep them all straight. I mean, some of them say he's three beings in one. Others say that he isn't. Others argue over what his name is. Can you see how confusing it is for us non-believers?

Then we are told we don't understand because we don't have his spirit in us. Well, how are we supposed to believe then if it makes no sense?

Faith? Bleh.

If faith is all it takes to justify a belief, then ALL beliefs are justified. But, they can't all be right. Yet, they can all be wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well, how are we supposed to believe then if it makes no sense?

truth is, god decides who believes and who doesn't. you are unwitting at the moment, maybe one day god will open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

not your character, you have to be inspired by god. god decides this.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

truth is, god decides who believes and who doesn't.
Really? Sounds......sucky. So when we are punished forever BY HIM, it's his fault because he didn't decide to let us believe. If that is the case, screw him I say.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

you as a human are mortal. eternal punishment ( if it exists), is for your soul. your soul (maybe spirit) existed before you and will exist after you die.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Nope I have all those things because I love humanity, no god taught me that. It is already in us otherwise we woulda died off years ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It is already in us otherwise we woulda died off years ago.

maybe this "it" is god ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

maybe this "it" is god ?
Maybe it's a bowl full of jelly?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've reached the grumpy old man stage of life.. quite enjoying it too as I can speak up about things I see and everyone puts it down to me being a grumpy old man. Cool.

How funny for religionists to ply quotes from Paul to support their arguments and ignore the history of Paul.. the guy who was not an apostle and who went about on his own self-appointed crusade with BS he made up.. well it was BS because no one in the fledgling chruch at the time was saying anything remotely related to what Paul made up on his own to force people into servitude.

But that doesn't stop the religionists from blindly using his quotes to convert people here.

Stuff the free gift... it is not a gift, it comes with many strings attached.. do this, do that, believe this, have faith in that..or go to Hell. What a load of BS that is.

As some of you know I am a bit out there and have been telling people about my real experiences in my work for many many years here.. all of it direct experience.. none of it with any Beliefs. WHich to me means it is more correct than Man's theories about what exists because most of mankind have never put in the effort to find out for themselves.. most just take the wide, easy road of Belief.

So I know exactly what happens when you die. I know there is no God forcing it's will upon you because I have seen what happens and how it is the soul that makes all the choices.

You cannot work in this field, human growth and spiritual knowledge, gaining clearer perceptions outside of all Beliefs without it wiping Belief away altogether.

Very soon the Religionists are going to experience and see things that should not fit into their Belief-system, and that will pull the rug out from underneath them. No more Belief in something man-made.. they will be forced to wake up from their limitations and stand naked in the light with the rest of us.. or get lost in their own creations.

Stuff the free.. not so free gift.

And yes I feel better now

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You would be the first I've come across, as well. Lord willing, we're not alone.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

Sounds like the "flow" of entropy in physics. But, in the case of God's promises, it's not quite the case (assuming I understand where you're going with this).

If the water supply is the Gospel, and the poisoning of it is the corruption of the Gospel by false teachers, then the town will be harmed because they are not receiving pure water.
The vast apostasy and heresy in the world today has its origins in the corruption of the Gospel. You corrupt the Gospel, you prevent salvation and the indwelling of the Spirit; you prevent the Spirit, you get a group of "Christians" who are not being guided or growing in Christ. And these "Christians" then have no idea what they're reading when they read Scripture (if they read it at all), and they provide false testimony and false witness of God and of his Son, further corrupting the Church and self-proclaimed "Christianity."

It's a snowball effect, and now, in 2012, look around...this is where it's led. The town is not fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join