It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you noticed that more are starting to observe strange visual phenomena?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

You know those diffuse blobs of images that seem to have a repetitive pattern when your eyes are closed?
You know, they kind of look like slow, flowing gases?

Anyway...

These blobs of gas have been solidifying into crisp, defined images in my closed vision.
This is quoted from Wiki: " When lying down at night and closing the eyes, right before sleep the complex motion of these patterns can become directly visible without any great effort thanks to hypnagogic hallucination"

I have never, in my life, have been able to do ANYTHING whatsoever with these visuals...
...until now.
It's almost as if I'm able to consciously manipulate these flowing , gaseous images.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hm...

A few months ago, my girlfriend said to me, "Can I ask you something, and you won't think I'm crazy?" And I replied, without thinking, "Let me guess... you're seeing shadows with your peripheral vision, but when you turn to look, it's gone?" She said, "How the hell did you know that!?"

So if this is such a common thing, what the hell is it?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi There. I've been seeing strange phenomena since the age of three, and i'm 59 now.
I suppose i have always been sensitive to Spirits, sometimes i see, and hear them but i've learned to filter it out.
I saw one the other night, i had just sat down with my laptop on my favourite chair, not thinking about anything in particular when a movement attracted my attention over by the door in the hallway.
I looked up, and there was a man in a dark suit with a white shirt on, about 5".6' or 5".9' in height. I couldn't see his face, that was blurred out.
He appeared to me only a short while then just faded out, before that about 4 hours a little was (I don't know what) darting across the floor from left to right, and right to left, then it disappeared.
Now what strikes me as odd, i live in a newly built block of apartments, 60 in all, on the second floor, and at no time as there been a building of this height at this location, It was a group of Bungalows before.

Tony

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
One of the things I see now are flashes of light. Really fast and bright. I have had my eyes checked and all is well.

I am curious if anyone has seen "lights" as a kid? Two years ago the "lights" came back for me. They are different than the bright white flashes. These are purple "grape like" bunches of lights that form patterns or shapes sometimes. They seem to have no meaning full purpose right now.

I am hoping I run into someone on here who as seen these as a kid, and is seeing them now as an adult.

The past two years I have had plenty of all natural "hallucinations" some brought on by these purple lights. Yes I know I could be "crazy" but I abandoned my diagnoses by mainstream psychology and followed my heart instead.

S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan001

I have never, in my life, have been able to do ANYTHING whatsoever with these visuals... ...until now. It's almost as if I'm able to consciously manipulate these flowing , gaseous images.

This is what I am talking about in my above post. What "color" do you see? Mine are purple and I can choose when to see them now. As a kid we just "played" together.
I remember being sad when they left me.

I have noticed the patterns sometimes change based on my emotion. I really don't "mess" with them much because I am not sure what exactly "they" even do. A year ago I was "messing" with them and started to feel slightly fearful because of some persona; experiences. I filled myself with a loving vibration instead of fear and the "patterns" formed into a heart shape,

I have no reason to make this up, I can't even believe it yet really. I doubt my sanity daily

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've noticed it too. For me it started last week while at work (and probably browsing this site). I sit with a window a couple of feet to my right and I started noticing movement that was just outside of my peripheral vision. (The first time I thought it was in the shape of a large hand?) Anyway, I've begin to notice things again that are just outside of view and this time it's at home...and to my left. I haven't seen any definitive shapes at home...just motion.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm so glad you have brought this up to be honest, I have always seen flashes of light but ALOT more frequently in the past few weeks.

I can be sat in my room at nights and i swear i keep seeing from very small erm ... shadowy things and some human sized. Also while i lay down and you know someones moving towards you slowly ( i developed a sixth sense due to mates pranking each other while young ) I get this all the time , i can feel the person next to me.

Anyway I have no idea why it's happening or what it is but it's certainly very strange and unnerving at first , I just ignore it now.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For those seeing 'rodent' size movement out of
the corner of their eyes.....

i ran accross this the other day and found it
interesting...

be warned, if you are spooked easily, dont watch.
check out 03:40

youtu.be...
edit on 19-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks all of you for giving feedback and sharing your experiences. It certainly seems to affirm that more of us are experiencing this phenomena.

This is what I've noticed from your posts. Some of us have seen this stuff most our lives, some for years or a few years. But a lot have started experiencing this in the last few weeks or few months. It really does seem to be increasing.

Aelf

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ogzombiereply to post by Aelfrede

Funny you ask. I witness weird things like this all the time. Everyone says it's the beginning stage of glaucoma, I however just think we're at the very beginning of extremely non stop weird # happening. Do you believe in the ascension that quite a few people believe is going to happen between the transition from 2012 to 2013? Some think we might be evolving into a higher being/state of consciousness. Even science points toward some huge energy transition. Apparently the frequency/resonance we share with every object living and non living is not only going to change, but skyrocket. The way I see it, maybe we'll go from the 4th dimension into the 5th. Who knows, just pondering. =)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I haven't seen any rodents or anything, sometimes I get random shapes, particularly light shapes in my peripherals but I have attributed a lot peripherals hallucination to be a side effect of a great deal of psychedelic use in my past. The mass use of such substances does make tracers and things of that sort more apparent even after their immediate effects have long worn off but I've also seen some things in the last 6 months that I can contribute to that. I thought that perhaps it was a side effect of looking at a computer screen all the time or something but lately for brief periods of time I will see what sort of reminds me of heat waves even when it's not hot or I'm not near a hot object. I've also seen what seems almost like my eyes go out of focus and my vision splits and sort of floats around in my field of view but it's an eye dependent image instead of a composed imaged comprised of each eye if that makes any sense. It hasn't happened often but it has happened on rare occasion in the last 6 months. I imagine a lot of my stuff can also be contributed to a lack of sleep and possibly mild insanity. I don't find myself far from the brink of insanity very often and lately it feels like it's been closer rather then farther which probably has a lot to do with my newborn driving a lack sleep and a lot of changes in my life in general taking place but any way. That's my contribution to your thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Are you serious??

I thought I was going crazy......So i'm not alone?

I've been getting alot of strange visualizations with my Peripheral vision. Sometimes like an animal (big or small) ran across my sight, and sometimes as if something is standing there. I've also been feeling very weird and different the same time that these visualizations had began to occur. Sometimes when i'm about to sleep, i somehow I see everything light up around me (when my eyes are closed... I have my eyes closed, ready to sleep, and it's like someone is shining a light on my eyelids, or as if someone turned on the lights, but the light fades in slowly, not suddenly. I open my eyes, and nothing, just the darkness of my room. I've also been getting changes in mood, alot of exhaustion, sometimes depression, etc.

Now that i know that im not alone in experiencing this, i'm motivated to look further more into this.

I'll write more of my experience once i get home
edit on 19-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As I mentioned in my last post, many have started experiencing these visual phenomena in the last few weeks or few months. It really does seem to be increasing, but why?
You've had some interesting thoughts and ideas on this. Thought it might be helpful to list our thoughts, ideas and theories so far (I’ll add more when I read them) on what might be causing the increase of this phenomena (also other thoughts related to the phenomena):

i) Radio waves/pollution
ii) 2012 ascension to another level of consciousness is underway
iii) EMF activity that is normally filtered out (someone suggested that this filtering system is normally blocked by various things we ingest such as fluoride and other additives in our food. Also suggested some sort of frequency control). However, something is going on as the filtering system does not seem to be working like before
iv) The Djinn – beings made of ‘fire’
v) Some sort of poisoning (such as ergot poisoning) resulting from the ingestion of compounds that have similar effects to '___'
vi) Our galaxy passing through the Oort cloud
vii) Early astronauts saw flashes of light (even with eyes closed) some said they were seeing tiny gamma rays/Higgs Boson particles
viii) Meditation might help increase intensity of phenomena
ix) Some sort of ‘air cleaning’ is going on that we’re not supposed to see. (Would be interesting to hear more about this idea)
x) Some believe some of us who see sparks of light/flashing lights in dark might be experiencing signs of retinal detachment - a serious disorder that if not treated can lead to blindness. They advise to get checked by an eye doctor just to be sure
xi) 2012 mass hysteria
xii) Someone thought it was due to dry eye but they continued to experience the phenomena after treatment
xiii) Heavy pollution from China/India from all the coal burning, causing chemicals to be released into atmosphere, slowly affecting us – causing us to see these phenomena. They say that as the atmosphere is thinner at night, and thicker on the sun facing side of earth, that is why we are more likely to see these phenomena at night. (Would be good to see some evidence that backs this up. Also should point out that many of us see the phenomena in the day).
xiv) Someone noticed they see these phenomena when undertaking EVP sessions
xv) In addition to the visual phenomena, some notice the invisible presence of something/someone and some notice unexplained sounds
xvi) Someone experienced something that looked like bulges in a projection screen that sent ripples off into the distance (Thoughts on this: ‘glitches in the matrix’?)
xvii) ELFs are stimulating areas of our brains that are already activated in psychic people
xviii) Tiny dots of light (or ‘dings’) might be observers, angels, guides or spirits
xix) It’s our imagination gone wild
xx) Subtle allergic reaction to a food or something
xxi) Some think the dark moving ‘creatures’ in our peripheral vision are connected to the devil
xxii) Possible damage to eyes from sun
xxiii) ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) triggers might have awoken dormant parts of our brains leading us to perceive this phenomena
xxiv) Some people experience these phenomena in haunted houses
xxv) Electrical charges not of this world
xxvi) Visual snow (seeing static like on a tv screen) and blue field entoptic phenomenon (is thought to explain those little whizzy darting things in the sky, especially on a sunny day) are thought by some to be possible explanations for some of the phenomena

And I'll add these two:

The brain could be a biological tuning device that can perceive multi-dimensions

Something could be going on with the sun, influencing the rays that come to the planet and these rays affect our brains (possibly pineal gland) somehow

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

interesting thread... i actually saw the glowing orbs in my vision while walking through my kitchen the other day. They were a very intense white color. Its never anything ive ever experienced before, chalked it up to a sign or something from the other side

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, creepy. Had the same things start with me 2 1/2 years ago a month or so after a car accident where i received a concussion.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Look up what you can on "shadow people" . These are beings that do just that, dart past your peripheral to make their existance known. It's unknown as far as I know whether they can truly harm you or not. They're basically trying to get you riled up for that half second by them so that they can drain the energy that is left off from it. It's how they feed. I think that the Mayans believe that we are going to cross more and more with their plane and there are a lot of entities out there that are going to become a part of this one as we merge with theirs.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though. Everything stated above I took from an Art Bell radio show where he had a guest on that was following the mayan teachings. Just youtube Art Bell Shadow People.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Wow that video gave me chills! That looks too similar to the "squirrel" I thought I hit. Got goosbumps now lol but it happened so fast I may be wrong but when that creature popped up it looked so familiar. Weird

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unconditionaltruth

it is a weird 'creature' what ever it is... they said they checked
the whole house for anyplace any animal could of gotten in and
found nothing, no traces of any critters either.
wish they had a better shot of it when it happened..

its the first time i have seen anything like that, it just stuck
in my mind and when i was reading this i though i'd add and
see if anyone saw anything similar.

What ever it was, i'm not sure i would be sleeping in that bed
again. *LOL* I have seen some crazy things in my past, but
a critter like that jumping on my bed.. ya, i'd be sleeping on
the couch.

From a investigators point of view, i am not sure how that could
be recreated to be debunked.
edit on 19-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Yea it looked real to me. Especially when it faded into the bed as it went backwards after touching her. Hope I don't see something like that. Thanks for sharing

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join