It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you noticed that more are starting to observe strange visual phenomena?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I see this too,i always have.They are frenetically active.I usually see that when im outside,but i have seen it indoors on occasion.I do have a floater,but that's completely different.I have a big one.with a very detailed+distinctive shape.There's a black spot like a gnat that is often visible from my left eye peripheral only,but it seems to move independantly-i have no idea what that could be*****Lately what i've bn seeing often,a silver spark that pops in out of existence,those occur inside the house mostly,and full frontal as well as peripheral,bt more often frontal.For about half a year,i'd say.And for the past year+a half,occasionally from my peripheral,streams of ripples,sometimes wth some color,sometimes no color,and also last time,it was almost like a zig-zag flow to it.These i see with eyes open or closed,and i can do nothing to make it stop till it does by itself,it can come and go for hours at a time,a bit of a nuisance,that one******About 4months ago i was sitting out in my yard one night when movement caught my eye.About 3 feet above ground,something like a wraith made up of what looked like smoke came rippling through the air,undulating movement,like a whitish-grey upright snake.For about 10-15 seconds,and gone back into thin air,whence it came.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Three years ago, I began seeing what I could only describe as fine copper wire/mesh in the air, which formed into sheets like fishnets, or spirals like a slinky, or balls like an ornament ball. I can reach for it and pull on it and wrap it around my hand, head, and I feel it on my skin just as it would feel if you ran cobwebs across your hand or face. I can form balls of it in my hand and throw them in the air. It's bizarre. This is 24/7 and after a year or so I just stopped paying any attention to it. It became normal to me. I recently read a book that explains it very well, and makes sense. I had chronic severe migraines for 10 years before this started happening, and it started soon after I stopped having the horrible head pain. The book is called Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and it just came out a few months ago. He is the doctor who wrote The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, and was portrayed in the film Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. In his new book, many hallucinatory events that sound like the ones described in this thread are explained. For me, the chapter titled Visual Migraines explains completely what I am experiencing. It was a relief to know it had a name and I was in good company with the likes of Lewis Carroll and Benjamin Franklin! I wrote to Oliver Sacks because I was so thankful to have an explanation, but I also want to know why the hallucinations extend into the tactical. I can feel this stuff in my hands. I can grab it, wrap it around my fingers. I can manipulate it with full visual and tactical response, and even pull it in front of a mirror and see it in the mirror. It may be my hallucinatory migraines are as "severe" as they were when they pounded through my head for years. If so, I am quite happy to have them this way, which are not painful at all and are often amusing. I am never bored. I can just reach up and grab some of the stuff and form it into shapes, pull it around. Read Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and see if he has been able to explain yours!
edit on 22-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'd be interested to hear the basics of how he explains what you experience.

How would he describe this current experience? For example, maybe you're sat at a desk next to a window. There might be trees outside, blowing in a strong wind. Your five 'senses' all confirm to you that everything you are experiencing is 'real'. You can even talk to 'others' who also confirm to you that what you are experiencing right now is what we call the 'physical reality'.

We could also analyse the workings of a radio. How the parts work to receive what people call a 'signal'. Of course, that signal is a phenomena that previously people couldn't explain and actually thought was real, but now we know how the radio works, we know that signal is not real. Is it?

See what I'm getting at? Just because we can point to workings of the brain causing ('tuning in to') certain phenomena does not prove or disprove whether that phenomena is real. I believe the brain is some sort of biological chemical tuning device that can function multi-dimensionally.

Life is, to our current mainstream understanding, still a paranormal phenomena. Hooray! :-)

Originally posted by alumnathe
The book is called Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and it just came out a few months ago. He is the doctor who wrote The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, and was portrayed in the film Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. In his new book, many hallucinatory events that sound like the ones described in this thread are explained. For me, the chapter titled Visual Migraines explains completely what I am experiencing. It was a relief to know it had a name and I was in good company with the likes of Lewis Carroll and Benjamin Franklin! I wrote to Oliver Sacks because I was so thankful to have an explanation, but I also want to know why the hallucinations extend into the tactical. I can feel this stuff in my hands. I can grab it, wrap it around my fingers. I can manipulate it with full visual and tactical response, and even pull it in front of a mirror and see it in the mirror. It may be my hallucinatory migraines are as "severe" as they were when they pounded through my head for years. If so, I am quite happy to have them this way, which are not painful at all and are often amusing. I am never bored. I can just reach up and grab some of the stuff and form it into shapes, pull it around. Read Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and see if he has been able to explain yours!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Aelfrede because: Minor grammatical correction

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I started seeing floaters about 2 months ago.. Progressively became a chronic thing ( I don't always see them but I do at least once a day sometimes even more than 5 times but its always random. About a couple weeks ago I started seeing the corner of the eye things, it started with black shadow-like things , then the shadows became white lights in the corners of my eyes , but its shifted between both ( I will never forget because everytime I saw the white light on the corners I thought it was my white chihuahua but when I managed to get my eyes to set on it before it disappeared I got an odd mixed feeling of fear yet homely emotion, as if I was ok , but I was and still am scared). I have also been dealing with blurry eyes mainly the right eye, and vision like feelings such as uncontrollable flashbacks and randomness things its as if I pick up others thoughts and emotions ( its really changed and continues to change my life for the worst) Im uncontrollably bipolar and any stress ( confusion majorly and my inability to concentrate) triggers a rush or thoughts visions/ flashbacks which I try fighting with an anger induced minor adrenaline rush.. Sadly in the end things just get worse and everything in my head spins and something ends up broken and I'm back where I started, with the visions/flashbacks beginning to fade.

Keep us updated on any more findings you come across , would really find this helpfully. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I should add that I think what you are experiencing sounds mystifying. What a wonderful thing to experience! I would want to examine this in as much detail as possible and notice any connections with the 'real world' out there. But then (as you probably guessed from my last post) I don't believe they are necessarily hallucinations.

Three years ago, I began seeing what I could only describe as fine copper wire/mesh in the air, which formed into sheets like fishnets, or spirals like a slinky, or balls like an ornament ball. I can reach for it and pull on it and wrap it around my hand, head, and I feel it on my skin just as it would feel if you ran cobwebs across your hand or face. I can form balls of it in my hand and throw them in the air. It's bizarre. This is 24/7 and after a year or so I just stopped paying any attention to it. It became normal to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi severdsoul,

just watched this, really interesting. Found it all pretty intriguing, especially footage on first and last stories.

Thanks again for posting this

Aelf

Originally posted by severdsoul
For those seeing 'rodent' size movement out of
the corner of their eyes.....

i ran accross this the other day and found it
interesting...

be warned, if you are spooked easily, dont watch.
check out 03:40

youtu.be...
edit on 19-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

actually it is really strange to me that you bring this up. just yesterday i heard a mouse give out a squeak and i turned and looked immediately and there was nothing there. this is a very sound well built office building. there are no holes or places for it to hide. i started to ask the person that was talking to me if they heard that but i didn't because i didn't want to alarm anyone if it was my imagination.

and then later that day in my Peripheral vision i swear i saw a mouse run down the hall into the corner. again, there was no hole and when i looked it wasn't there. it wasn't enough of a clear image to see if it was a mouse but it was that size and dark, there wasn't a tail. just a dark thing....

i have seen sparkles and squiggle lines in my vision but this is different.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's unusual you heard a squeak as well. Keep on the look out for it. Maybe you'll see something else today (or when you're next in work).

Originally posted by dmonkey

actually it is really strange to me that you bring this up. just yesterday i heard a mouse give out a squeak and i turned and looked immediately and there was nothing there. this is a very sound well built office building. there are no holes or places for it to hide. i started to ask the person that was talking to me if they heard that but i didn't because i didn't want to alarm anyone if it was my imagination.

and then later that day in my Peripheral vision i swear i saw a mouse run down the hall into the corner. again, there was no hole and when i looked it wasn't there. it wasn't enough of a clear image to see if it was a mouse but it was that size and dark, there wasn't a tail. just a dark thing....

i have seen sparkles and squiggle lines in my vision but this is different.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede

How would he describe this current experience? For example, maybe you're sat at a desk next to a window. There might be trees outside, blowing in a strong wind. Your five 'senses' all confirm to you that everything you are experiencing is 'real'. You can even talk to 'others' who also confirm to you that what you are experiencing right now is what we call the 'physical reality'.

We could also analyse the workings of a radio. How the parts work to receive what people call a 'signal'. Of course, that signal is a phenomena that previously people couldn't explain and actually thought was real, but now we know how the radio works, we know that signal is not real. Is it?

See what I'm getting at? Just because we can point to workings of the brain causing ('tuning in to') certain phenomena does not prove or disprove whether that phenomena is real. I believe the brain is some sort of biological chemical tuning device that can function multi-dimensionally.

Life is, to our current mainstream understanding, still a paranormal phenomena. Hooray! :-)

The book is called Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and it just came out a few months ago. He is the doctor who wrote The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, and was portrayed in the film Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. In his new book, many hallucinatory events that sound like the ones described in this thread are explained. For me, the chapter titled Visual Migraines explains completely what I am experiencing. It was a relief to know it had a name and I was in good company with the likes of Lewis Carroll and Benjamin Franklin! I wrote to Oliver Sacks because I was so thankful to have an explanation, but I also want to know why the hallucinations extend into the tactical. I can feel this stuff in my hands. I can grab it, wrap it around my fingers. I can manipulate it with full visual and tactical response, and even pull it in front of a mirror and see it in the mirror. It may be my hallucinatory migraines are as "severe" as they were when they pounded through my head for years. If so, I am quite happy to have them this way, which are not painful at all and are often amusing. I am never bored. I can just reach up and grab some of the stuff and form it into shapes, pull it around. Read Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and see if he has been able to explain yours!

I agree! Just because there is a good explanation doesn't mean that it isn't real, or significant. I consider the explanation comforting because it means it's not just me having the experience. For several years I felt like I couldn't talk about something that was happening to me everyday, because it was too bizarre. Now I feel I can talk about it and talk with others who have the same experience. Who knows why migraines happen, really? We have ways to describe it, diagnose it, treat it. But in the final analysis, we don't really know what they are or why they happen. It's just a label on something that is a shared experience.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Excellently put alumnathe! I would love to hear more about your amazing experiences.

So far you wrote:

'Three years ago, I began seeing what I could only describe as fine copper wire/mesh in the air, which formed into sheets like fishnets, or spirals like a slinky, or balls like an ornament ball. I can reach for it and pull on it and wrap it around my hand, head, and I feel it on my skin just as it would feel if you ran cobwebs across your hand or face. I can form balls of it in my hand and throw them in the air. '

Have you tired to see how your focused thought influences this stuff?

Would love to hear more about what you see/feel and any other observations you have concerning it.

Thanks for sharing your experiences :-)

Aelf

I agree! Just because there is a good explanation doesn't mean that it isn't real, or significant. I consider the explanation comforting because it means it's not just me having the experience. For several years I felt like I couldn't talk about something that was happening to me everyday, because it was too bizarre. Now I feel I can talk about it and talk with others who have the same experience. Who knows why migraines happen, really? We have ways to describe it, diagnose it, treat it. But in the final analysis, we don't really know what they are or why they happen. It's just a label on something that is a shared experience.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thanks for asking! I just put my hand out and it comes to my hand. I'm doing it right now and it happens the same every time. If I put my finger out like I'm pointing, it will come and start wrapping around my finger, and then enters my finger and starts going up into my hand. It feels like someone is squeezing my finger with their two fingers. Sometimes it even gets a little uncomfortable because of the pressure.

It looks like a fine gold or copper wire in a spiral pattern, like a slinky. It feels like sticking your finger into cotton candy (but not sticky). Sometimes when it is real thick I have the compulsion to wipe it off my hands, or just rub it into my skin and it feels silky. I did find some pictures on the web that look close to what it looks like (but not exactly):

blog.robbiecooper.org...

These are not as "organized" as I see it (fishnet, spirals, ball of wire), but the fineness of it is like this. It does seem like it's "alive" in some way, because it does come to me when I put my hand out.

I can grab two ends of it and start pulling gently until there is no more slack and I feel the pull, like it would feel if you grabbed two ends of a string. I can see it as easily as anyone could see a thread being pulled. I have tried to get my daughter to see it but she doesn't and it freaks her out that I do it, so I don't do it in front of her!

It's a shame no one else sees it because it is really beautiful. Right now I'm looking at a ball of it about the size of a Christmas ornament, and then I reach over and cup it in my hand and bring it over. It just sits in my hand for a few seconds and then starts entering my palm. I can feel all this just like it was real. It follows all the laws of physics as far as how it behaves in the air and how it feels against my skin. I can see it in a mirror if I pull some in front of it, and then turn and see it in the air. I keep trying to get this stuff to do something that would give it away as just a trick of the eye, but it does not appear to depend on where or how I look at it.

Just for the past year another aspect of it has manifested. It wraps around my head and feels like someone just put a hat on my head. I reach up to feel what's there, and it's a fuzzy ring around my head. I can then pull strands from where it is on my head and bring them down to eye level, and I even feel the threads of this dragging against my forehead. What is remarkable about this aspect is that I am not instigating it in any way. It's like - surprise! I'm on your head! HA!

By the way, I teach sociology and I am a big believer in hard science, and so I am actually more comfortable with the idea that it is hallucinations caused from visual migraines. But I really can't explain the fact that I can physically feel it and that it can be pulled around and I can wrap it around my arm, head, wherever. This is why I wrote to the book's author, to see if this can be explained in terms of the visual migraines.

edit on 23-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I find what you are experiencing absolutely fascinating! It makes me think of the Chi Masters who can form balls of energy and use it for different purposes, such as healing. Here is something about creating a chi ball:

www.docstoc.com...

I wonder if the stuff these are made of is the same thing as the stuff you are seeing? Truly fascinating! Maybe you could try adapting your own method along the lines of what they suggest in the above link and see if you can do something positive with it, like healing?

Thanks for describing in more detail what you experience.

Would love to here your feedback on this and anything else you observe.

Aelf

Thanks for asking! I just put my hand out and it comes to my hand. I'm doing it right now and it happens the same every time. If I put my finger out like I'm pointing, it will come and start wrapping around my finger, and then enters my finger and starts going up into my hand. It feels like someone is squeezing my finger with their two fingers. Sometimes it even gets a little uncomfortable because of the pressure.

It looks like a fine gold or copper wire in a spiral pattern, like a slinky. It feels like sticking your finger into cotton candy (but not sticky). Sometimes when it is real thick I have the compulsion to wipe it off my hands, or just rub it into my skin and it feels silky. I did find some pictures on the web that look close to what it looks like (but not exactly):

blog.robbiecooper.org...

These are not as "organized" as I see it (fishnet, spirals, ball of wire), but the fineness of it is like this. It does seem like it's "alive" in some way, because it does come to me when I put my hand out.

I can grab two ends of it and start pulling gently until there is no more slack and I feel the pull, like it would feel if you grabbed two ends of a string. I can see it as easily as anyone could see a thread being pulled. I have tried to get my daughter to see it but she doesn't and it freaks her out that I do it, so I don't do it in front of her!

It's a shame no one else sees it because it is really beautiful. Right now I'm looking at a ball of it about the size of a Christmas ornament, and then I reach over and cup it in my hand and bring it over. It just sits in my hand for a few seconds and then starts entering my palm. I can feel all this just like it was real. It follows all the laws of physics as far as how it behaves in the air and how it feels against my skin. I can see it in a mirror if I pull some in front of it, and then turn and see it in the air. I keep trying to get this stuff to do something that would give it away as just a trick of the eye, but it does not appear to depend on where or how I look at it.

Just for the past year another aspect of it has manifested. It wraps around my head and feels like someone just put a hat on my head. I reach up to feel what's there, and it's a fuzzy ring around my head. I can then pull strands from where it is on my head and bring them down to eye level, and I even feel the threads of this dragging against my forehead. What is remarkable about this aspect is that I am not instigating it in any way. It's like - surprise! I'm on your head! HA!

By the way, I teach sociology and I am a big believer in hard science, and so I am actually more comfortable with the idea that it is hallucinations caused from visual migraines. But I really can't explain the fact that I can physically feel it and that it can be pulled around and I can wrap it around my arm, head, wherever. This is why I wrote to the book's author, to see if this can be explained in terms of the visual migraines.

edit on 23-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
One time when I saw the people doing Tai Chi in the park I watched them slicing through this stuff with their hands and it made the stuff swirl all around them in a beautiful pattern. But they don't see the stuff! It's too bad because it is beautiful.

I have seen vid clips of healers moving their hands all around above someone's body and then they shook their hands out the same way I do sometimes (when I've pulled stuff off my head and then it's all over my hands and it tickles). I wondered if they are actually seeing what they are shaking out of their hands or if it's just show.

It seems like this thing is wasted on me because I'm not a believer in "energy" beyond that which is already known. If it is some sort of energy, then perhaps the only difference is that for most it is filtered out and for me the filter is broken! That would make sense considering how long I suffered migraines so severe I thought many times that dying would be a relief. Maybe the migraines broke something and I see this stuff that is really there but is filtered out for most.

It really has no purpose in my life, and I can't imagine how it could be useful in any way. It's just stuff; pretty, amusing sometimes, but otherwise useless. I am curious though if it is "there" or not. How can a hallucination last four years? I wonder if it will just stop with no announcement, just like it started!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Hi kingster129,

in your post below you said 'I believe that these changes...' - what changes are you talking about?

Aelf

Originally posted by kingster129
With respect to OP's post, I believe that these changes are causing some people to have heightened awareness. This could manifest in a variety of ways, such as what OP and many people are experiencing. I would think that 'static' or the things you are seeing in the corner of your eye could be attributed to this heightened awareness. That doesn't mean what you're seeing is or isn't there, just that you have a higher potential to see these sorts of things.

These changes I'm talking about has to do with the fact that humanity is under the process of evolution... but not the type of evolution you would think.

Over the past century, human IQ has steadily increased (google Flynn Effect).

People nowadays are able to become very spiritually aware in a matter of months, when back in the '80s, awakening took much, much longer.

These are just a few examples of how the consciousness of humanity is evolving.

Does heightened awareness have to do with the Mayan predictions of the influx of mystical (spiritual?) energy entering our solar system from the galactic center? No body knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

One time when I saw the people doing Tai Chi in the park I watched them slicing through this stuff with their hands and it made the stuff swirl all around them in a beautiful pattern. But they don't see the stuff! It's too bad because it is beautiful.

I have seen vid clips of healers moving their hands all around above someone's body and then they shook their hands out the same way I do sometimes (when I've pulled stuff off my head and then it's all over my hands and it tickles). I wondered if they are actually seeing what they are shaking out of their hands or if it's just show.

It seems like this thing is wasted on me because I'm not a believer in "energy" beyond that which is already known. If it is some sort of energy, then perhaps the only difference is that for most it is filtered out and for me the filter is broken! That would make sense considering how long I suffered migraines so severe I thought many times that dying would be a relief. Maybe the migraines broke something and I see this stuff that is really there but is filtered out for most.

It really has no purpose in my life, and I can't imagine how it could be useful in any way. It's just stuff; pretty, amusing sometimes, but otherwise useless. I am curious though if it is "there" or not. How can a hallucination last four years? I wonder if it will just stop with no announcement, just like it started!

Of course you can't see this energy... at least not in our natural world. Trust me, if you could, the world would be a lot different.

People performing these tasks can't see the energy, but they can feel it. There are videos on youtube about Qi'gong practitioners who shuttle their spiritual energy into their patients in efforts to heal them. It is a real thing.

Spirit is matterless in our current world. Unfortunately because of this, it's incredibly easy for skeptics to say "what a bunch of bull #".

I believe it is real. In fact, spirit is more real than physicality.

If there was a God/Creator in the beginning, then whatever he created (our universe) is virtuality and Creator is reality. Therefore our spirit (which is a small part of God) is more real than any person would dare to think.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

I appreciate the compassion, I really do. But it's actually the opposite. I can SEE it and FEEL it (physically) but I don't "get" that anything is going on except some as-yet-unknown symptom of a known medical condition. I don't get that anything spiritual is happening. If it was that it should be so much more profound-feeling (?) or at least emotional, or that it changes me somehow. It doesn't. I am actually starting to feel guilty that something is happening in my small scope of things that others feel are special, but to me they are not anything but bizarre and amusing hallucinations.

I teach sociology and within that discipline I can see that behaviors once delegated to religion or otherwise esoteric pursuits are often mistaken for something supernatural or as "special" in some modern context. I understand this leap, but this thing happening in my life has no parallel (in my view). I am experiencing something along the lines of the man who mistook his wife for a hat (Oliver Sacks) and more likely related to what Sacks recently tagged as 'visual migraines." Applying Occam's Razor tells me that this is only special until enough people have the same experience (and can describe it this way) so that it is no longer an "anomaly" but instead is one day included as a "symptom."

This is how I have to consider what is going on to not freak out about it. I realize some people have sensations and inclinations and feelings about anomalous things happening, but this is not that kind of experience. This is a 24/7 hallucination that does not have a beginning in anything reasonable, and over time does not lead to any sort of enlightenment or understanding. It's just there in the air, right now, as I write this post, being the same as when it started 4 years ago. I put up with it, which isn't that difficult because it has never meant anything more to me than it is. It is beautiful so maybe that has kept me from doing anything drastic about it, though right now that suddenly makes me feel selfish. Could this all be a trick of the brain to get me in touch with my inner selfishness? Now that sounds more likely to me than it pointing to any spiritual path.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I definitely think something is going on, something is happening externally around us or something has influenced a change in us internally (or both maybe).

Who knows, it could be to do with energy from the galactic centre.

I also sometimes wonder if it is to do with our sun. I woke up once from a dream and heard the words 'Something's happening to the sun'.

Hi kingster129,

in your post below you said 'I believe that these changes...' - what changes are you talking about?

Aelf

With respect to OP's post, I believe that these changes are causing some people to have heightened awareness. This could manifest in a variety of ways, such as what OP and many people are experiencing. I would think that 'static' or the things you are seeing in the corner of your eye could be attributed to this heightened awareness. That doesn't mean what you're seeing is or isn't there, just that you have a higher potential to see these sorts of things.

These changes I'm talking about has to do with the fact that humanity is under the process of evolution... but not the type of evolution you would think.

Over the past century, human IQ has steadily increased (google Flynn Effect).

People nowadays are able to become very spiritually aware in a matter of months, when back in the '80s, awakening took much, much longer.

These are just a few examples of how the consciousness of humanity is evolving.

Does heightened awareness have to do with the Mayan predictions of the influx of mystical (spiritual?) energy entering our solar system from the galactic center? No body knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

That must be amazing to see. But you seem to think it is all an hallucination, so why would they see the same thing? Also, how would they be able to affect your hallucination? Unless your brain is hallucinating them affecting it too?

Some of them probably do see something. You're not the only one who can see energy related phenomena.
(If that's what you are seeing).

It could be something like this. Maybe the 'hardware' in our brains is normally set up in such a way that our pineal gland (or whatever part might be influencing this) gradually opens to this phenomena (in relation to consciousness expansion). However, in some cases maybe things short circuit somehow, or malfunction in such a way that a person will see things before intended (speculation here that some sort of 'designer' had an orginal intent concerning this). This would explain you seeing stuff and yet not having an awareness yet that would be able to understand it properly or do anything with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by kingster129

I appreciate the compassion, I really do. But it's actually the opposite. I can SEE it and FEEL it (physically) but I don't "get" that anything is going on except some as-yet-unknown symptom of a known medical condition. I don't get that anything spiritual is happening. If it was that it should be so much more profound-feeling (?) or at least emotional, or that it changes me somehow. It doesn't. I am actually starting to feel guilty that something is happening in my small scope of things that others feel are special, but to me they are not anything but bizarre and amusing hallucinations.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. You said to kingster129 that you 'can SEE it and FEEL it' (with regards the energy Qi'gong practitioners are channeling) but then go on to say that you don't think of it as anything but an hallucination. So what do you really think you are observing? Is it the energy that Chi Masters are manipulating or is it just an hallucination?

I teach sociology and within that discipline I can see that behaviors once delegated to religion or otherwise esoteric pursuits are often mistaken for something supernatural or as "special" in some modern context. I understand this leap, but this thing happening in my life has no parallel (in my view). I am experiencing something along the lines of the man who mistook his wife for a hat (Oliver Sacks) and more likely related to what Sacks recently tagged as 'visual migraines." Applying Occam's Razor tells me that this is only special until enough people have the same experience (and can describe it this way) so that it is no longer an "anomaly" but instead is one day included as a "symptom."

So are you saying you are seeing an hallucination, a subjective experience your brain is making up? If so why did you say you can see and feel the spiritual energy?

This is how I have to consider what is going on to not freak out about it.

So are you saying that you don't really want to know the truth about what you are seeing because it makes you feel more comfortable to think of it as an hallucination?

I realize some people have sensations and inclinations and feelings about anomalous things happening, but this is not that kind of experience.

What are you referring to here? The experiences people are talking about on this thread?

This is a 24/7 hallucination that does not have a beginning in anything reasonable, and over time does not lead to any sort of enlightenment or understanding.

So are you saying that what you see can't be any real paranormal phenomena because you currently have not found a use for it and it has not enlightened you? That doesn't sound like a very scientific premise:

'Real paranormal phenomena must have some sort of use or provide some sort of enlightenment or understanding otherwise it is an hallucination'

It's just there in the air, right now, as I write this post, being the same as when it started 4 years ago. I put up with it, which isn't that difficult because it has never meant anything more to me than it is. It is beautiful so maybe that has kept me from doing anything drastic about it, though right now that suddenly makes me feel selfish.

Why?

Could this all be a trick of the brain to get me in touch with my inner selfishness? Now that sounds more likely to me than it pointing to any spiritual path.

How did you come to this conclusion? And since when did observing paranormal phenomena constitute a spiritual path?

edit on 25-11-2012 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Many people are starting to observe strange visual things because they are eating differently. Eating more natural takes away the blinding chemistry of the foods we eat. Eating more homemade food can cause visual perception changes to the negative also though. Study Nutmeg and the Myristic acid. Both can have weird effects if over consumed.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join