It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you noticed that more are starting to observe strange visual phenomena?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi,

My first post here, so hello everyone.

For the past few months, I have also been seeing various light and shadow anomalies. Now, something I should mention is that I 'do' have some vitreous floaters which I can see when I look against bright backgrounds like the sky, when I see these dead cells, they are almost always static and slightly out of my line of sight, what I'm getting at is that these don't move.

Now, recently over the last few months, I have started seeing shadows, large and small which dart in and out of peripheral vision, always disappearing when I move my head to look, but they are definitely not static, they do move, these shadows have also been accompanied by, but not at the same times, with bright orb type flashes, which will move about my person or nearby. The dark shadows seem to move around ground level and up to my waist, and the orbs seemingly from my waist and above, never below. I also experience the 'hum' some others have spoken about, usually when I go to bed, almost as if a low frequency from a computer harddrive, sometimes making it difficult to get to sleep.

I don't know if it's any relation also, but I experience ASMR, and curious about it, I searched online to find others who experienced similar symptoms, only to find a wide community of people who did ( and found out it was named ASMR ), and who posted regular videos on youtube to 'trigger' the ASMR response, so over the same period of time I have been watching a lot of trigger ASMR videos. The ASMR trigger videos, for those that don't know, trigger an extreme feeling of pleasure and tingles at the back of the head / scalp / brain area, I can't define the exact feeling, except to say it's extremely beautiful and not sexual in nature. My first experience was watching a friend draw a picture whilst I was in Nursery school, but I couldn't replicate the feeling myself, only when I saw someone concentrating hard on something, like drawing ( I'm an Artist too ). Anyway, to get back on topic, because of the plethora of trigger videos, and I'm watching them a lot, I'm wondering if it's also triggered a part of my mind, maybe once dormant that is also causing the vision anomalies that I keep seeing. I regularly wake to think I have people in my room at night, I usually feel like I have 1 person to the side of my bed watching me and 1 at the base, again, this is only a recent thing, and I stress, I only feel like I have 2 people watching me as a I sleep, I have never seen anyone.

Loving the discussion, will be watching and reading with interest.

Regards
edit on 19-11-2012 by IMGSETZ because: Words Incorrect

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the same as some others experience, but, when I look up at the stars I will most certainly catch what I can call a blinking star. It lasts for a split second and gone. I always keep my line of sight in the same direction I saw it, just to make sure it ain't a satellite or a weak star, but nada.

I see this regurarly, every week. I have written it off as stars, or satellites. I wanted to ask on ATS if others have experienced this, but again, didn't want to be bashed.

This has been occurring for the last few months now. Last night again.

At my brother in-law's old place I used to catch this small thing standing right next to me, more of a small person shape. Then again, that was more than 3 years ago.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I step out for some air late at night that there are things or the presence of people and not in the shadows but right out where I can see empty air ...hard to put into words...when there is nothing there. It's not something I've even felt was focused toward me. Just like a passing of energy? I guess anyone else having felt this will know what I mean.

I used to get this all the time when I lived in a haunted house, or at least I believe it was haunted, I'm sort of skeptical but not.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is rather interesting. I thought I was the only one who saw this. But as some others saying i believe they are electrical charges but not of this world. I see those sparks several times a day. One year ago they where very rare like once a month. Well, something is going on, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I feel that it is necessary to write a post here about possible Visual phenomena.

There is a little known condition called Visual Snow:

"Visual snow is a transitory or persisting visual symptom where people see snow or television-like static in parts or the whole of their visual fields, especially against dark backgrounds. It is much like camera noise in low light conditions.

The severity or density of the "snow" differs from one person to the next; in some circumstances, it can inhibit a person's daily life, making it difficult to read, see in detail and focus correctly. The "snow" is more generalized than the "blue-sky sprites" or "worms" seen in the blue field entoptic phenomenon.

No etiology for visual snow has been identified, and anecdotal reports point to a multitude of associated conditions, possibly rendering it a non-specific symptom. Insofar as sufferers of visual snow have undergone ophthalmic, neurological and psychiatric examinations, no systematic problems besides the visual snow have been identified. Pending recognition of the condition, little medical research is taking place to possibly identify more subtle deviations."

I have experienced this since childhood and my symptoms have generally worsened as I have gotten older.

I see the static 24/7 eyes open or closed. It's much worse in low light conditions and generally living with it is a right nuisance. I feel it is definitely medical related, some over activity of neurons in the brain, or migraine related.

'Visual Snow' May Be a Distinct Clinical Entity

"Visual snow is almost always associated with additional visual symptoms. It therefore represents a unique clinical syndrome – the visual snow syndrome," he said at the annual meeting of the American Headache Society. "It is distinct from visual aura in migraine; migraine with and without aura are common comorbidities, but we don’t actually know at the moment what is the pathological link between those two conditions. And the intake of illicit drugs is not relevant."

He said his own experience with affected patients affirms the existence of the visual snow syndrome. "The more you talk to them, the more you appreciate that they really do have these features in common ... So I just want to thank you for bringing attention to this sort of orphan disorder, and hope it raises awareness, and that some people will take interest in it and studying the biophysiology and treatment options."

Session chair Dr. R. Allan Purdy, a neurologist at Dalhousie University in Halifax, N.S., asked the neuro-ophthalmologists present to weigh in with their thoughts on the possible pathophysiology of visual snow.

"I think this is a somewhat migrainous phenomenon in people with very sensitive brains," one replied. "We have done EEGs on these people and they are normal, at least in adults that we have seen with this. It is definitely real – these people are not making this up. And we have seen quite a few of these cases in neuro-ophthalmology."

edit on 19-11-2012 by dawnbreaks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Excellent post, dawnbreaks

I wasn't aware of 'visual snow' as a condition, I was under the impression everyone had this 'effect', I don't suffer from it during the day, but at night, I do have visual snow characteristics when I look around a room in darkness, and I thought this was just a side effect due to the low light conditions.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
On my way home from work a few months back, i noticed a pulsing light in a cloud. It seemed to stay in the same spot for the 5 minutes I could see it. It wasn't a blinking light, it glowed brighter and dimmed down, as if it was throbbing. it would take roughly 3 seconds to gradually dim down and hit it's brightest point again. I've searched the Internet and have not really found anything that resembles this.

Size comparison: looking up at roughly 45-50 degrees, over a town that was roughly 2 miles away. was roughly the size of the moon(or holding a quarter out in front of you) at it's brightest moment. the smallest it would get was about the size of a pea if you held it out as far as you could reach. I realize being in or behind clouds will skew the amount of light I would see.. I have never seen anything like this before... then again I have never seen a weather balloon...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Just to add one of my theories into the mix, as I understand it we dont actually see everything we think we do - we have a massive blind spot around the edges of our vision. Our brains fill in this blind spot for us from the images it has stored. Just thinking that maybe it gets it wrong from time to time.

I havent seen rats although I have had a few dreams about them.

I too have a spot which appears when I am watching TV. It is the size of a spider and appears on the wall above the TV. I didnt really notice it a great deal but September was a great month for spiders so I noticed it more.

I have a cat and have experienced the shadow shape of her jumping onto our bed and walking on the pillows even though there was nothing there.

I think its a combination of our brain misinterpreting and maybe filling in what we expect to see, coupled with the floaty things in the jelly of our brains.

Just reading the post about the visual snow. I wonder what the history of this condition is - whether it i realtively new? I have noticed this from time to time. With the invention of TV and the light bulb, maybe we are suffering from overstimulation of our optical nerves or something in the eye. I have noticed when watching tv for too long then moving into a dark room there is some glare or brightness that I can still see. Maybe by extending our light hours with artificial light and dazzling our eyes with tvs (they are much brighter now) then we are damaging our eyes.
edit on 19/11/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
Wow...*phew...my husband thought I was crazy...I see things darting all the time, so convincing I actually turn to LOOK for it....started about a year ago...only recently (within the last few months) when I go to bed, I am seeing what look like electrical flashes, bright blue sparks in the dark...not all at once, just like little snaps of electrical charge....strange....but nice to know I'm not the only one!

Yep... I see those too, having begun several months ago. It usually is apparent when I move, like turning over. They're like bright sparks/flashes of light that only last a second. I can't see them during the day, so could
it be that being in the horizontal position might have something to do with it?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can assure anyone reading this that these things you see out of the corner of your eye ARE NOT all physiological in nature. How do I know this?

Because one evening while reading a book, laying on my side on the couch, I saw one. It was just like all the others I have seen. Black, small and darting very quickly. It was just above my book in my peripheral vision. And just like the others it could have just been in my head or eyes except for one thing. My cat was sitting in a chair next to the couch and when I looked up at where the "thing" used to be I noticed my cat was leaning forward and VERY INTENTLY staring at the place where it was. I watched my cat and after a few moments he sat back calmly and looked around the room, then at me and then turned to curl up and go to sleep.

My cat could see it too!!

My hair stood up and chills went down my spine when I realized for the first time it was a real phenomenon outside of me!
edit on 19-11-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Visual snow is a transitory or persisting visual symptom where people see snow or television-like static in parts or the whole of their visual fields, especially against dark backgrounds
reply to post by dawnbreaks

I get that and have had it for many years but only when it's dark.

What made me freak a little was seeing shapes of people in it briefly moving around, (I kid you not!). I thought I was seeing ghosts but rationalised it into being Pareidolia', 'like seeing forms of shapes in random clouds'

I get the odd white flash during the day and even had several eye tests due to it. My eyes are healthy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This reminds me of a few youtube videos I saw a while back. One was about when the asternots went to the moon and they said they keep seeing random light flash infront of their eyes, A scients said it was comsic radation. It doesn't happen as often on Earth because we are protected by our Magnetic field, as the moon has none. ANd another that said the solar system is starting to move out a "protection field" type thing. Meaning we are being bombared with more cosmic ratiation that usual. So more is coming through our magnetic shielding.

I've been seeing things too. Its common sense if you think about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the videos Dawn breaks.
I had no idea people had snow vision.
That's why I love ATS. We have very helpful
resourceful people. Thanks again.

****One weird note....and obviously dawnbreaks has nothing to do with it, but..

Anyone else see what's strange in the first video about snow vision?
When the example for reading is given, the page contains
a violent event that's about to happen along with a flash back of gang rape.

That's a bit rough dont you think for a random example?
Why didn't they use um... say any other page out of any other book in the entire world?
You know, maybe a page w/o gang-rape ? I'm sure there are a few.

edit on 19-11-2012 by sealing because: sp

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"Have any of you noticed that more are starting to observe strange visual phenomena?"

Yes...on their computers.

edit on 19-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I have that too! It used to be only in the dark I would see it when I was a kid. Now it is constant, I hate driving now and avoid it whenever possible, because of it, especially at night. The only thing that seems close to what I see, is TV reception back in the day when we had to use the bunny ear antennas. When I look up at the stars at night(country here, not much ambient pollution), sometimes it looks like I am looking up at a blizzard. It looks like snow is literally falling, it's weird. I finally got my brain scanned, I won't get results back until at least december though. Socialized medicine may be free, but it is slow. Every doctor I have ever tried to explain it to look at me like I have three heads. They think I am imagining things or something.

I used to have really bad migraines 2-4 times a week as a kid, any light, or any sound made me throw up. After I hit puberty it was less frequent. Around the same time I started using the green stuff we can't name, so I am not sure if it was puberty or that. I am thinking puberty, because I haven't done it in like 10 years now and they didn't come back like that. Now it is only once in a great while, not even once a month.

Thanks a lot, it is nice to know I am not alone. It sure feels like it sometimes.
edit on Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:58:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

My husband and I were just discussing this a few days prior to your post. I first started noticing it when I was doing mindless tasks (such as painting my son's room) and I so figured my mind was just occupying itself while I was checked out
But then I started noticing it more and more. Small shadows here and there, flecks of light in the dark...but it's steadily gotten to where it's a daily (sometimes hourly) occurrence. When I finally mentioned it to my DH he gave ma a strange look and told me he had been experiencing the exact same things.

Now this may just mean we've both suddenly turned nuttier than squirrel turds. However I found it really interesting to see that others had also been experiencing the phenomena.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was driving to work last week, down a country road, and this creature about eight inches long scampered across the road in front of me. At first I thought it was just a ground squrrel but it resembled the body and movement of an ant. It was either some giant spider or ant I've never seen before. But it was deffinatly there.

I thought I was hallucinating at first because I had had a fevor the previouse night. But it was there and I thought about trying to capture it. But not knowing what it was I also didnt know what it was capable of. Strange I know. But it happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Strange visual and physical drama trama... Four weeks ago I was comming down the staircase in my home and noticed a baby/ young copperhead snake laying up against the front door on the hardwood floor! After screaming my head off to relieve stress, I went down the stairs and ran to the gagage where I put on boots and grabbed the shop vacumme up. I ran to the kitchen and plugged the extention cord in. I walked back into the foyer to discover the snake was making its way into the dinning room. I turned on the shop vacumme and vacummed the snake up tail first. It fortunately worked, and the snake was in the can! I set the whole vacumme out in the woods until my son and husband could kill it. I have the ten foot rule where if its ten feet to the house its a dead snake. I guess it had worked its way into the area between the glass front storm door and the front door. When I went out earlier to water the plants it must have crawled on in. I know the babies are more venemous than the adults. Lucky I saw it...
The shimmers I have seen for two years through the glass patio doors... they are like 5 foot tall things flitting past fast. I always felt maybe looking at the computer screen does something to my eyes and then I look across the room and have that experience. I don't take myself that seriously. I don't believe in the paranormal. I believe in science.
edit on 19-11-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Hi there. I am new to ATS but have followed the threads for a long time now. I read these posts with much interest and felt a big 'urge' to register and give you a reply.
I am a spiritualist medium living in Scotland and have much experience with these lights, orbs, shadows and 'air waves'. Now, dont take my word for it, i am just trying to help and not cause any offence but the 'wavy air' you see is spirit energy. Yes, thats right, a spirit
and i bet when you see the distortion in the air, you will have a crawling sensation/tingles on your scalp, shivers on your face and maybe little points of pressure on your body, much like someone prodding you gently. This is someone trying to communicate with you, usually its someone close to you. The sparks of light (like a welders torch) is the spirit in another form. I see the spark first, then the 'heat haze' effect as they draw close and sometimes try to lower their vibration to blend with yours. This can cause you to instantly feel very tired and sleepy. If that happens, ask them to step away from you and be very firm when doing so. If pressure is felt at the crown of your head then you could be under a psychic attack as no positive spirit will do this, only grounded and confused ones can in my experience. Best defense...scratch the top of your head and get up and move about, no matter how drained you feel. Why? I dont know but it works for me and i have been doing this for 13yrs.
You can help prove this to yourself by starting to meditate and train a video camera on your position. Try to slow the camera recording speed down as spirit move quite fast. View the footage and see what you get, also listen to the audio.

I will try and post a few videos of mine and a few pics that i was allowed to take. Good luck everybody because the veil is thinning for all of us to sense.

Love & Light.

edit on 19-11-2012 by angelisamor because: adding photos

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I am totally visually blind to these things or maybe they just avoid me
. But I can feel things in my body that are clearly different since an event. I am not sure this shift will be instant since a lot of us have already had changes but you can hope something faster hapens. If you wanna try it out yourself you can always try and see if you can get your body to work if you have not already started to spin the chakras or whatever they truely are. The theory of chakras is close enought to how my body works to be useful for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join