It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by EllaMarina
All mainstream media is filtered. Fox just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the right-wing?

Couldn't I edit your post and say this:
All mainstream media is filtered. MSNBC just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the left-wing?

Would that edit be an incorrect statement?

Not the most biased, but definitely the Progressive's version of FoxNEWS. And, since FoxNEWS was the first TV network to go completely partisan, whose fault was the requirement for a left-leaning edition of the partisan news outlet? And what makes you shocked ("shocked, I say") that the DNC would return the GOP's media echo chamber strategy in kind with an obviously Progressive TV cable news network? Did you think that the GOP owns proprietary rights to the entire concept? The biggest difference is that MSNBC officially declares itself to be a political news network, and covers only politics news and commentary (except for the occasional disaster coverage, of course, as a back-up to NBC news). Unlike Fox, which presents itself as a news network only.

The GOP still owns AM talk radio, and from year to year that hooks most guys over 35 yrs old into their base, since all baseball game radio broadcasts are still the exclusive property of AM talk stations. The DNC tried to crack that medium with Air America, and that was a disaster, so co-opting MSNBC was a no-brainer and entirely predictable. The only glaring difference in content focus between FoxNEWS and MSNBC is that MSNBC has several dissident voices that are prominently featured.

"Morning Joe" is definitely not DNC talking points political theater. Immediately after that, Chuck Todd's show is more "horse race" than partisan, and for most partisan lefties, he's more irritating than FoxNEWS, since Todd is very good at not tipping his hand concerning just how eager he is to cripple whomever is in the lead (during any specific campaign cycle) so that the drama can be amplified. He was very instrumental in creating the illusion that Mitt Romney had a showball's chance in Hell's crushing sphincter during this last tragedy, since the Belt Way media sucks its collective thumb at the feet of his data analysis "gravitas".

Then, on Sunday morning, Meet The Press (which can't be separated from the entire MSNBC political theater troupe without missing what brings that troupe together as a cohesive mass) has become a bizarre "gotcha" gauntlet for progressive politicos since Tim Russert died and left that gangling moron, David Gregory, boss over the week's initial examination of what's important in Washington DC policy and politics. If anyone has taken over the GOP's stealth operations, relative to nudging center-left prospects back toward center-right, it's this imbecile. Progressives hate Gregory and his little kid haircut, and are constantly reminded of that one YouTube clip where he's dancing on stage with Karl Rove (featuring that inane whitest-guy-on-Earth hopping that Rove translated over some thugged up hip hop to the eternal embarrassment of every single Caucasian that's ever known any better) during the peak of Bush/Cheney power and influence, whenever he offers up yet another clumsily loaded question/suggestion during one of his hyper-eager interviews/grillings of any Obama Administration official.

And this is the difference between these two bookend networks. FoxNEWS has only ever offered Combs (who dutifully fulfilled the rightwiing's central casting requirement of the weak-kneed, weak-chinned, limp-wrist New York Jewish libertard to Shawn Hannity's bullish, steel-jawed, straight-talking, commonsense heartland Protestant conservative) in their only-ever attempt to balance out their fair and balanced approach to political theater. On FoxNEWS, there isn't anything to piss off the GOP base. Maybe there are hardcore conservatives that can find fault in FoxNEWS' programming, but hell, there will always be conservatives left to grope around in the outer darkness regardless of where you place the street lamps (ditto for the hard-edge leftists that prowl the perimeters of this and every society on Earth). The GOP supplies the talking points to FoxNEWS, and there's no one (other than those who've been completely hoodwinked and those whose job it is to hoodwink them) that denies this - or more accurately, no one who hasn't, at one time or another, tacitly acknowledged that fact - and on a fixed recordable medium that's been available for playback.

MSNBC is definitely center-left, but it is independent of the DNC. The same can't be said about the programming and content relationship between FoxNEWS and what little there is that's left of the GOP these days.
edit on 11/18/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I liked "Reality Check" during the election and Bill O'Reilly is not always the ogre he is made out to be. I was very surprised to hear him say that he didn't like Dick Cheney once.

I would predict that of all the MSM outlets, if they ever wake up to the challenge of the alternative media, Fox will be the first to do so and will do it with gusto.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
since FoxNEWS was the first TV network to go completely partisan, whose fault was the requirement for a left-leaning edition of the partisan news outlet?

Monkey see monkey do?

This is not a children's playground

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I answered this question already
But I love Judge Napolitano, and i'm a big fan of John Stossel
Stossel is awesome!

and no I am not a fan of o'reilly or hannity.

for msnbc, I despise rachel maddow and dislike chris matthews
But I sometimes like Dylan Ratigan

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Fox News is to journalism what Harvard is to learnalism.

BTW - The Foxes at Fox are notoriously Fair, Balanced and Unafraid, and as even the most casual observer can see, they have the best reputation in all of TV land for hiring the hottest babes to broadcast their unbiased version of the news.

For example, let's take a look at the sexiest weather-lady of them all --->Maria Molina - Venezuelan Beauty
BUT I must confess that the "real" - the only reason I go to FoxNews is for the hourly weather report

edit on 18-11-2012 by Valedictorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Speaking as a former journalist who loathes Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes, I have to say that Fox News is about as fair and balanced as Mitt Romney's campaign manager. Only with an added dose of bugnuts crazy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

FOX news is exactly why conservatives were shocked when Obama won.

FOX is the reason conservative America exists in a self made bubble that rejects reality
on a regular basis.

It's easy to blame FOX for this - but we are all responsible for our beliefs and opinions at the end of the day - if we don't question what we're being told we get what we deserve

Having said that - what you just said is spot on

It's frightening - actually frightening - to see how easily people give up their ability to think and buy into all of it - to allow themselves to become so afraid - so angry - so full of hate

I personally will never be able to forgive the machinery behind all this. They actually sacrificed the health and well being of this country and their own constituents - all of them - left, right and center - in an effort to bring down one administration

FOX News...they are not patriots

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I watched CNN every day, I loved Crossfire. One day there was a fight between Israel and Palestine, rockets fired on both sides. Nick Roberts was being led by a guy showing him all the destruction, running around saying "look at this", going somewhere else "look at that". It lasted for a while. So I was curious how the other side was affected by the war, I waited a long time, I assumed they would show the war from both sides, but it never came. So I grabbed the remote and switched the channel to FOX which I've never seen before, and they showed students hiding under their desks etc, and actually showed what happens on the other side.

From that day on, I stopped watching CNN.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

FOX News...they are not patriots

Ohhhhhh but they are. In fact they are the most patriotic of all in broadcast news.

Consider the fact that Judge Napolitano (until recently) had a show of his own, and is presently a commentator on the crucial topics of freedom and justice as relates to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights - and don't forget Libertarian John Stossel who also has his own show(s) on the same or similar topics.

Whose more patriotic (and intelligent) than Dana Perino? Or Kimberly Guilfoyle and Andrea Tantaros?

Your assertions are false on the face of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Valedictorian

Your assertions are false on the face of it.

going by the pics you just posted - you're probably not focusing on the face of it

:-)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I for one hate FOX news. Do you remember after 9/11 the death toll reports for MONTHS were reported thousands over what it was, I also remember a reporter saying "we will never forget that Wed Sept 11th" really???? Fox news you don't even know that 9/11 was a Tuesday???? After that I NEVER looked to Fox news again. I look to AP, CNN, The Daily News, USA Today.
edit on 18-11-2012 by kurthall because: spelling

edit on 18-11-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

On any scale or spectrum there are two ends.

Light/Dark
Good/Bad

If NEWS were juice drinks, FOX would 0% fruit juice, while others may have 5%.

Basically that is my reasoning. All MSM is crap. It is the 4th branch of our corporate UNITED STATES of AMERICA

You nailed it on the head.

Do the other news stations lie? Ummm...yeah.

But their is just something remarkably special about how little effort Fox News puts forth into even bothering to construct a GOOD lie. Every single time they seem to just gravitate to the lowest common denominator of being literally as dumb as humanly possible and rely almost strictly upon xenophobia, name-calling, and mathematical illiteracy (innumeracy) to drive home their agenda.

Sure...Rachel Maddow has downplayed the salient and material fact that fluoride in the drinking water has harmful effects on humans...and yes...that's as scientifically ignorant as being a wholesale denier of Evolution and Global Warming.

...but at least "fluoride-denial" isn't a part of MSNBC's and Maddow's official "platform". They don't try to club you over the head with it and scream "witch!, witch!" at any and all who dare disagree.

Fox News is just...well...dumber.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How one can stomach any American news program is beyond me. It's pseudo-news and opinionated nonsense—nothing of any value.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
MSNBC, FOX, CNN - all have been guilty of "engineering" the news. Remember the cnn reporter that was supposedly in the middle east reporting on the war, who still had time enough to make it back home to the US for dinner? He was outed by his wife! They are competing for ratings, not for accuracy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Valedictorian

Everybody knows Britta Merwin was the hottest weather girl, too bad for the nation she had to go the domesticated housewife route.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It is my observation experience that most people are brainwashed and none so much as those in the military, City, State and Federal Government, and if you don't think and act along with party lines, you are not going to have your job for long Consequently, I consider ALL NEWS and Information from ALL Sources to be suspect and weighed as I would an interview with criminal. If the crowd is going left,my first reaction is to go left and if the crowd or in this case the Media likes something, I want nothing to do with it.My children have been raised with this suspicion and as a result, they excel and frankly stand out as exceptional.

edit on 18-11-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

they have all been caught doing fake stories. why trust any of them.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by zysin5

I answered this question already
But I love Judge Napolitano, and i'm a big fan of John Stossel
Stossel is awesome!

and no I am not a fan of o'reilly or hannity.

for msnbc, I despise rachel maddow and dislike chris matthews
But I sometimes like Dylan Ratigan

it was really late last night, so I admit, I did not read all the content of the thread, but I did take the time today to read, and understand.
So I have no real issues with your stance, and I admit you bring up some good points.
So with that said.. Please carry on.. Good read, and good debates going on in here.

I like Jon Stewart's thoughts on Fox news. Its Bull Sh#%t Mountain.
Yeah Judge Napolitano was just on the daily show.
However even The Daily show shows its left wing bias, but they are much more on the end of hitting your funny bone while they do it.
Its like a dose of sugar with your medication. Its easier to swallow IMO.

Daily show calls both sides out for their BS.. And its where I get my news from when I turn on TV.
Otherwise I tend to get my news from the internet, and ATS, where one can at least debate personal truths. And or read unfiltered news before it goes through the hands of MSM handlers filter machine..

Thanks for the thread.
And so its said.. I do not like any of the MSM outlets. They are all full of it. And unless I want the weather report, I will not watch any of these "news" outlets.
But Fox news.. They really are full of it.. And Fox news spreads so much horse pucky that I can barely stand the stench. Fox news goes beyond right wing bias, and out right lies, and spreads ignorance.
And they do it with a smile on their face. I for one, laugh at fox news for their out right blatant BS they spew daily! But they are part of this nation, and have every right to make total fools of themselves.
I support their right to what they do. Does not mean I have to like it.. But I support any form of free speech.

However.. once in a blue moon, I find myself agreeing with some of fox news reports. But its rare, and only happens once in a blue moon.
edit on 18-11-2012 by zysin5 because: Edit 1.1

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Fox news deserves the mockery. It's a blatantly unneutral bought and paid for set-up, and the anchors don't even understand how to report in balance, they have throw in their own patronising dollarsworth. Report the news, let people make up their own minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

People bash Fox News because they are obviously partisan and make few attempts at presenting both sides of any argument. They have actually taken a Republican strategist's advertising to-do list, and aired it complete as "nonpartisan" news --- complete with spelling mistakes.

If you want me to admit that MSNBC is also fairly partisan, fine. Some other news organizations may have slightly less noticable tilts. However, Fox News has developed a reputation as the single most blatently partisan news source in the industry. Their polling organization, Rasmussen, was found by Nate Silver of the New York Times' fivethirtyeight blog (the only public figure who ACCURATELY predicted the electoral outcome of every single state, and predicted every senate race correctly except ND) to be the most incredulible mainstream polling source available. Their polls consistently averaged 3.2 points too Republican, both in the 2010 midterm elections, and in the 2012 presidential elections. They purposively use flawed methodology to generate skewed polling data, and electoral-vote.com now offers an electoral college map that averages polling data from every source with and without rasmussen, due to the high level of skepticism now surrounding them. I personally looked at Realclearpolitics polling averages and they averaged about .5 points more accuracy when rasmussen was removed from the polling data.

Sources: The only LCS major in the Political Science Department at Utah State University to accurately predict every single state in the electoral college, and every state except North Dakota's Senate race --- a month and a half prior to the election!
edit on 18-11-2012 by pdaines because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join