It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yep you heard it

I was reading a few threads on ATS and alot of people are bashing Fox News
They laugh that Fox News was your source? HAHAHAHA and posts like that

But how come these same people don't say that about MSNBC or CNN?

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!
So why do they only hate Fox?

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

Some people really really need a reality check
And some consider themselves skeptics yet still behave like this

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They know MSNBC is just as bad though.

No one who bashes Fox, uses MSNBC or CNN as a source.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

On any scale or spectrum there are two ends.

Light/Dark
Good/Bad

If NEWS were juice drinks, FOX would 0% fruit juice, while others may have 5%.

Basically that is my reasoning. All MSM is crap. It is the 4th branch of our corporate UNITED STATES of AMERICA

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
All mainstream media is filtered. Fox just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the right-wing?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I really dont watch any of them but I do go to foxnews.com and drudge for news.
When I used to work early shift, I did prefer to watch MSNBC's Morning Joe over the blond idiot on Fox News.
edit on 11/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

I didnt like Minka or Mika or whatever her name is though.
edit on 11/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
All mainstream media is filtered. Fox just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the right-wing?

Couldn't I edit your post and say this:
All mainstream media is filtered. MSNBC just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the left-wing?

Would that edit be an incorrect statement?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by EllaMarina

Couldn't I edit your post and say this:
All mainstream media is filtered. MSNBC just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the left-wing?

Would that edit be an incorrect statement?

I'm curious to see the answer as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I personally don`t trust any Mainstream.

I think they do as much......if not more damage to society as governments.
Here in the UK, the BBC and SKY do nothing but churn out lie after lie.

I honestly don`t understand why anyone would watch the news on TV.
There`s plenty of sources on the internet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They are all bad but fox is on another level.

They have been shown to fabricate stories and blatantly lie to its viewership. Fox knows that the viewership gets their news from fox and right wing radio, these stations then demonize every other news source that doesn't agree with their narrative knowing the viewers wont question it. They have also directly reported on republican talkin points and pretend that it's news.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Everybody likes the smell of their own brand.

It's just that simple.

IF you are spouting BS, then it doesn't matter what color tie you are wearing.

You're still full of crap.

~Tenth

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the hatred against Fox goes much deeper than partisanship.

Sure, Fox says some things that gets the Left all riled up, which is not bad in and of it's self, but Fox also has a problem of purposely lying, making dishonest edits to footage and saying things that seem true on the surface, but the entire context is left out for the purpose of their own political agenda.

That is why Fox had to make sure they call themselves entertainment...not news. If they call themselves journalists, they can be held liable for their inaccurate content.

As far as MSNBC and others, they are a different kind of monster all together. News channels like MSNBC and their "opinion people" openly admit they are slanted towards one side.....but they also have journalistic integrity. They give you the facts of any situation and then give their opinion. But the facts are still present. That is not what you get with Fox.

I am a fan of Rachel Maddow. She is a liberal/progressive but she also fact-checks her content and even though I do not agree with her on everything, she maintains the integrity of the program by divulging the facts.

Here is a video of Maddow explaining why Fox is not news, but how the other MSM outlets stood up for Fox.

On a personal note: I cannot stand Fox for various reasons, but the biggest one being their propaganda. One can claim MSNBC is propaganda but it is not. It is biased opinion reporting facts.

As a student of propaganda, I can spot the techniques Fox uses without batting an eye. They use very deliberate language, graphics and hand gestures (nuero-linguistic) to subliminally drive a viewer to a certain conclusion. They say that they let "you decide" but the fact is that most people were guided to that conclusion through suggestion.

So a comparison between Fox and other news channels are not apples to apples. Fox is in a league of their own and the other stations would only dream of doing what Fox can do.
edit on 17-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Imagine something folks.

If all we had for information was FOX, then all we'd know is;
Fast & Furious
The Obama administration is corrupt
They cheat a the polls during the election
Obama hates Israel
Foodstamps at a record number
The economy sucks
Jobs are gone
Dollar is dropping
Country is going down the tubes
We all gonna die.

If all we had was MSNBC;
Republicans are whiny and greedy
Country is going strong
The ME has issues
Obama is trying to repair the damage wraught by the GOP
Jobs are improving
We're moving Forward.

We need both since an unbiased network does not exist.

In my humble. . . .

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yep you heard it

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

MSNBC tells the truth about the world and politics, and they try there very best to educate the truth to the puppets and extreme programmed sheeple.

FOX news love the puppets and sheeple of the world, they understand how easy it is to MAKE....MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY.

MSNBC try’s to cut the strings and deprogram the populace who are really, well, not that bright.

FOX understands the IQ of the majority of the populace, and they use it against them because they FULLY understand that, these certain groups of people are blinded by the HATE that runs in the blood stream. They understand that hate makes your IQ even lower than what it is, so it’s easy to control them and put strings on them and parade them around like a parade full of giant puppets.

I love FOX, I love seeing how they trick and control the hateful people of the USA…

‘LOVE SEEING AND WRITTING IN MY REPORT HOW EASY IT IS TO CONTROLE HATEFUL PEOPLE’ and fox does it very well.

Kudos to fox!

edit on 17-11-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My mother-in-law and her husband are VERY liberal and huge Obama supporters.

They will tell you how extremely biased FOX news is and how they lie & manipulate in the news but watches CNN everyday and talks about how their the only ones that tell the truth.

It's the same as it is on here, people believe what they want to believe whether it's true or not and will watch the news channels and websites that tell them what they want to hear and backs up THEIR beliefs.

Whether Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative does not matter....

"Their minds are made up don't confuse them with the facts"

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
well we get fox in my country,
so i can tell you what some of my left leaning friends say about fox "news"

they won a court case saying they could lie to the public "or mislead" the public as it was their free speech rights to do so,
as long as it was not called "news" so while the company "fox news" itself had to be truthful,
the individual shows do not need "to worry about how truthful" their "viewpoints" were.

in canada fox was removed from the air "because misleading the public in a news format was illegal"

in new zealand, when i want a wacky take on something i watch fox

but hey im a lefty right

xploder
edit on 17-11-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Uh........because MSNBC & CNN couldn't have been more correct while Fox News couldn't have been more wrong. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yep you heard it

Message of the day.
www.outfoxed.org...
Show me how the owners of MSNBC or CNN are telling the staff what to and what not to report about. And what spin to push.
The owner using the company to make the news and then use the "fair and balanced" bs.

www.fair.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
67% of Fox viewers believed that the "U.S. has found clear evidence in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was working closely with the al Qaeda terrorist organization" (Compared with 56% for CBS, 49% for NBC, 48% for CNN, 45% for ABC, 16% for NPR/PBS).
The belief that "The U.S. has found Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq" was held by 33% of Fox viewers and only 23% of CBS viewers, 19% for ABC, 20% for NBC, 20% for CNN and 11% for NPR/PBS
35% of Fox viewers believed that "the majority of people [in the world] favor the U.S. having gone to war" with Iraq. (Compared with 28% for CBS, 27% for ABC, 24% for CNN, 20% for NBC, 5% for NPR/PBS)

(There are no evidence that Saddam Hussein was working closely with al Qaeda, there are no WMD:s in Iraq and most people in the world despise US warmongering. If you didn't know.)
And this is the last time I respond to a 'FOX is being so horribly mistreated' - thread.
Save the animals - not corporations.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I guess you didn't see the thread here which had an OP containing a graph. This graph depicted the amount of speaking time each of the stations gave the presidential candidates. In most of them, it was reasonably "fair and balanced," except when it came to fox, which was very very very very skewed in favor of Romney having tons of time, and no one else.

Or maybe you did see it, and you're ignoring that piece of information, like most of the blind sheep who avidly consume faux news.

On that note, however, I will say that pretty much all mainstream media is corrupt to one degree or another. 'Tis true. However, fox seems ESPECIALLY bad. Were you aware that fox sued for the right to LIE on air? And they WON? Name me one other news agency / station you're bashing who has done this?

I'll wait....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

As another poster pointed out, FOX is not news, as they say so themselves. They are entertainers and opinions only (obviously and unapologetically) one sided opinions. It's easy to continuously present opinions as fact.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its because Fox news is on an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT LEVEL!!!!

There could be News from EVERY NEWS MEDIA OUTLET ON THE PLANET giving their GENUINE unbiased opinion on something in general, and AS ALWAYS, Fox News will see it COMPLETELY different! Its so bad that they see UP as DOWN, DAY is NIGHT, sky is GREEN, and grass is BLUE...

And their "unbiased" opinions are always by some "ODD CHANCE", in COMPLETE favor of Right winger mentality with EVERYTHING no MATTER WHAT the situation or occurrence was. They are ALWAYS in favor of the Right wing of politics no matter WHAT. A Republican politician can STEAL a lollipop from a child, and Fox news will make it seem as if the child was a LAZY SLACKER who didnt deserve to have his lollipop anyways and that by STEALING it from the child, every problem in the world will soon be SOLVED because of it!!! ITS JUST THAT BAD with Fox news!!!!

Fox news along with Right wingers and Conservatives always feel the need to twist everything and flat-out LIE to make themselves always appear correct even when they are SO WRONG that its ridiculous.

Their mission is CLEARLY to make it APPEAR as if the Right wing is ALWAYS correct, and to make it appear to their listeners that the Right is always WINNING even when they are losing so bad that its a joke (cough cough, this election being ONE example LOL).

Per them, everyone else in the UNIVERSE is always "wrong" and "losing" and anyone who disagrees with Fox news, the Conservatives and the Right is some "liberal" or "lefty" conspiracy no matter WHO says it, or how credible or FACTUAL the info is.

Its just SO BAD that even a 4 year old can see it and shake their head at Fox News in disbelief.

edit on 17-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join