It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by Valedictorian

Everybody knows Britta Merwin was the hottest weather girl, too bad for the nation she had to go the domesticated housewife route.

Britta Merwin is just So So..........actually not even close.............no cigar. More pics here --> Parent Directory www.njmax.com...

I mean she's cute and all BUT Is there really any comparison to Maria Molina here ?
C'moooooooooooooon
Somebody should take her out for a good meal - ya know?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Valedictorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In that top pic, she ALMOST looks like a younger version of Hillary

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
ATS + Drudge + Coast to Coast = In the Know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Most MSM news sources would be fine if they dropped "fair and balanced" to opt for "just the truth, no spin". That is the modus operandi of the alternative sources. They don't try to be fair but they do try to be truthful, unless they are lying, which happens. The consumer can shop around and find the lay of the land that way. It's a much more intelligent process than just sitting there trying to sort out "fair and balanced" confusion.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
People STILL watch FOX news?! Guess people still drink tap water.

Any rise in FOX "News" ratings is a sure way of predicting an incoming zombie apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

its mainstream media that i dispise. just hating one station doesn't really solve the problem that they all have the same idiot boss who just wants people stupider

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Fox is not a credible source for news. Why - because their editorial policy allows only one side of any given story and they report 'commentary' as news which it is not.

News is merely the exposition of Who, What, Where, When and How of a given event. Fox reports the news with value judgements throughout the report and that is not news.

Granted it is impossible to completely remove bias from any news report; but credible outlets endeavor to do so to the best of their ability. The mainstream media is funded by Mega-Corps and has to kowtow to their source of funding and hence private media is always biased to some extent.

Editorials and Commentary on current (and past) events is valuable but needs to be labeled as such. Look for facts, not stories or motives.

Personally - I look to many and diverse sources, here and abroad, with and without my personal biases, and make up my own mind.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Another point to consider is the fact that many "reports" directly from the real "sources" of a news story are not equal either.

Take the recent "reports" from "official" sources on the Benghazi thing.

We had and still have conflicting stories from the very highest government officials.

How can news agencies make heads or tails out of something like that ?

It's almost like they have to take a position in order to make any sense.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Fox sucks! Fox sucks not because of partisanship, but because they routinely and systematically fabricate "news."

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
FOX are fine!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Yep you heard it

I was reading a few threads on ATS and alot of people are bashing Fox News
They laugh that Fox News was your source? HAHAHAHA and posts like that

But how come these same people don't say that about MSNBC or CNN?

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!
So why do they only hate Fox?

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

Some people really really need a reality check
And some consider themselves skeptics yet still behave like this

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Sorry, although I speak four languages and understand six, I do not understand your horse-manure smelling redneck-I-am-proud-neocon variant of the english language or its specific retarded mindset. Can you please translate that to a more plain democratic-second-term-enlightened citizens of USA english?
edit on 18-11-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Yep you heard it

I was reading a few threads on ATS and alot of people are bashing Fox News
They laugh that Fox News was your source? HAHAHAHA and posts like that

But how come these same people don't say that about MSNBC or CNN?

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!
So why do they only hate Fox?

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

Some people really really need a reality check
And some consider themselves skeptics yet still behave like this

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Sorry, although I speak four languages and understand six, I do not understand your horse-manure smelling redneck-I-am-proud-neocon variant of the english language or its specific retarded mindset. Can you please translate that to a more plain democratic-second-term-enlightened citizens of USA english?
edit on 18-11-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Don't go down the same road, it's enough to know exactly what Fox represents because they are so OTT and talk tittle tattle and are so enthusiastic about it...a bit like going into a pub late and sober, and everyone else is already drunk

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I prefer a fit woman to a soft woman any day of the week, people here in the US are so accepting of obese women because we don't have much choice.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly.

Fox News at least covers conspiracies sometimes and doesn't make out like everything is "ok" in the world. They make me sick for firing Glenn Beck since he started talking about the Federal Reserve...and got rid of Andrew Napolatino's (sp) show when he started questioning 9-11, so there's no doubt where their allegiance lies. They serve the NWO but do not agree with the other side all the time, so relentlessly cover things like Fast & Furious or Benghazi.

CNN is by far the most warped, while on the topic of mainstream media. They were actually caught, several times, making up completely fake war stories with Hollywood sets.
edit on 18-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Most MSM news sources would be fine if they dropped "fair and balanced" to opt for "just the truth, no spin". That is the modus operandi of the alternative sources. They don't try to be fair but they do try to be truthful, unless they are lying, which happens. The consumer can shop around and find the lay of the land that way. It's a much more intelligent process than just sitting there trying to sort out "fair and balanced" confusion.

Had to reply to your comment. Good ol' Billy boy was using a slogan "no spin" to promote himself. My thoughts ................ yeah sure Bill O Reilly. And to take the FOX thing to a new height. FOX choose who they employ. Given that, today on FOX, I heard a wild comment by some authoratative floozy (well she seemed to think that she was authoratative imo). They were talking about the "fiscal cliff", you know, the bottom line that was agreed to by both parties that would be so horrific that agreement would have to be reached so that it didn't happen. Her comment was along the lines that it was incumbant on Obama to bend to make things work. To me, this was the epitome of arrogance. Obama won the election, the dems are in power and she, the spoilt little rich girl cheerleader (as I see her coming across) expects the person with the popular mandate to be the one to be conciliatory. The sheer arogance of this stuck up little b!tch.

Maybe I have a skewed view on things, but imo, if the people of the USA have voted Obama in over the other bloke, then shouldn't the other party capitulate and allow their elected leader do his thing?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
They know MSNBC is just as bad though.

No one who bashes Fox, uses MSNBC or CNN as a source.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That's the answer right there, but I would further it by saying, nobody with any real intellect even pays attention to MSNBC. What is frustrating about Fox is that some who are avid "Fox People" are actually otherwise intelligent, but become mindless drones when it comes to anything spoon-fed to them by Fox. I don't think any of the other outlets have that same effect on otherwise smart people.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Although I am a Democrat, I watched all the cable shows before the election and found the MSNBC to be very accurate in its reporting, especially on the polls. Everything they said about the coming election came true. I also watched Fox News and found that they relied on poor polls such as Gallop and spend most of the time talking about Libya which the voters ignored. NSNBC spent a lot if time on local races which won on election day.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

One thing that complicates an analysis of the networks is that they have "news" people and "commentary" people. Hannity and O'Reilly are commentary people who shouldn't be considered when looking at FOX news.

Our government is divided. Yes, the people elected a Democrat as President, but they elected Republicans to control the House, which is where spending bills have to start. Being elected President doesn't mean the other party has to go away and hide, in fact, I don't think they ever do.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I really dont watch any of them but I do go to foxnews.com and drudge for news.
When I used to work early shift, I did prefer to watch MSNBC's Morning Joe over the blond idiot on Fox News.
edit on 11/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

I didnt like Minka or Mika or whatever her name is though.
edit on 11/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

That would be Mika Brzezinski, the daughter of the liberal icon Zbigniew Brzezinski, the guy who helped Carter destabilize our relations with Iran.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join