It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Information Gold Mine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The Surviving in Argentina blog posted 100 neat free survival downloads.

When the post came up in my RSS reader I kind of rolled my eyes and expected the usual stuff. But damn, somebody took their time to compile this.

It might be worth pursuing and rethinking your strategies and deficiencies. It made me aware of some things that hadn't occurred to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

So I went to the site expecting a pile of over sold 2012 crap, but this was supirisingly sweet. I know there's a couple im going to try downloading.

Combat-Survival-Guerrila-Skills-Handbook-of-the-Red-Chinese.pdf

sounds awesome

Plus there's what to do without dentists and doctors. Also a pdf on drying and preserving game meat. A few that could come in extremly handy.

I'll report back after I download a few.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Jus what I need...more homework !

Seriously, thanks for that source.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
wicked dude

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Great resource,

Thank you

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
nice. Wonder how long this will stay up... Time to archive

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

What caught my eye was the medicinal/alternative treatment stuff. Even sans-collapse it's a useful skill. Listening to a compound pharmacist's presentation the other day: Obamacare has restrictions on medications. Simply put, the wide array of medications available now and that can be produced will be restricted due to mandated purchasing guidelines.

So a little something in the back pocket may come in handy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is amazing, I have never seen so much valuable information on survival in one place with active downloads to every resource you could ask for.

Thanks OP! This is a fantastic resource, I sincerely appreciate you sharing this.

Time to put my bandwidth limits to the test...

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Great catch, will be saving some of these for a little night time reading, or toilet material

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"How to be invisible", from the OP link.
Priceless

Thank you for posting it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Urban-Preparation-Kit-Part-I-On.pdf

This would of been handy to all those Sandy people.
Just think what 5-10 minutes of research and some prep could of done.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Lots of stuff here.

Someone should download them all, and re-upload it as a torrent. It can be the first ATS torrent.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My God Man!

Thank you for this!

I have been downloading files all night and a couple hours this morning. You don't know how important this is to people who are looking for the information, but can't find it in downloadable form. If you are not a computer guru some of this info would be hard to save.

Some of this stuff I already know, but most of it was new and very important. I had thought of putting a lot of this info on a thumb drive for years, but I couldn't find pdf's or text in one place to download easily. You have obviously spent hours or days or even months compiling these important files and I commend your efforts and thank you.

I have a 4GB thumbdrive that is so small I always lose it and I put almost all of those files one one drive. That one drive will go into my BOB and I will have it even in the woods with no internet or power. So many devices have usb ports that you can view this info with a multitude of devices. I plan to use a cheap kindle or something to put in my BOB along with a solar charger. In a pinch it can be stashed and I can come back and get it later. Even better would be putting it in the cache in my bugout location in the woods. Either way the thumbdrive can be copied and a copy will stay with me regardless of the situation.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thanks & Wow!

For those who do not have the time or resources to reference this vast compendium, you have one of your own, built in, that is at the speed of light - Your Intuition~

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Google won't let me access it. Don't know why. Guess I'll have to purchase the book.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Holy smokes, nice find. This needs to be seeded big time.

Gonna be a while before I'm done... is there any way you can download all of those at once, or set them up in some kind of cue?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm going to buy a bulk load of thumb drives and give this compilation to all my friends and family for Christmas

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Done!

Wow that was a helluva lot of clicking...

The entire set of files is exactly 1GB in size

I won't post a link to any torrents (it's probably against T&C??) but I will tell you I've named my upload ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE COMPILATION

Well I signed up at that site where "captain sparrow" hangs out but keep getting an error - wrong code message when I go to upload the torrent.... will have to wait for now

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I'm allergic to a hell of a lot of clicking....

Fortunately, I'm a programmer and I've been exposed to lists like this before. This will be a snap to follow for anyone using Linux or a Mac.

1. Save the webpage (with the list) using your browser.
2. edit the page (text editor), removing everything above and below the list.
3. edit each download link so it contains only the href link. Remove everything that isn't part of the links and leave one link per line.
4. edit each link address, using find and replace - replacing this:
open?id=
with this:
uc?export=download&id=
5. Save the file, changing it's extension from html to txt. Lets say you downloaded it into your Downloads folder. The filename is now 100-neat-free-survival-downloads.txt
6. make a "survival" folder in your Documents directory
7. open a terminal window and go to your new "survival" directory (cd ~/Documents/survival)
8. Run this command:
for LINE in $(cat ~/Downloads/100-neat-free-survival-downloads.txt); do curl -OJL $LINE; done

These are exact instructions for doing this on a Mac. Linux users should be able to make slight modifications to these instructions to get it running on their systems.

This will download each individual file without further interaction. When I started writing this reply I had 12 downloaded, now I'm over 20 files in. It seems like a lot to get it started, but now instead of clicking links, you can start reading one of the books while the others flow onto your hard drive.

edit on 17-11-2012 by stutteringp0et because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Dark purple colored font over crappy brown background.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join