It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Owner to Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm sorry. I legitimately do not understand what this has to do with my point. The sentence you honed in on is merely a tangent in my overall point. I'm not sure if you're just nitpicking or what.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

ANd your assumptions are pretty damned insulting. I've clawed my way up from poverty so your class warfare schitck does not fly. Also insulting is the assumption that I and my fellow MD's do not do any gratis work. I can gurantee you that I have done more charity work in the last year than you have in your entire life, so stow that stupid #.

THe answer is quite simple: government regulation and litigation has made medical care much, much, more expensive than it needs to be. That is a fact and it is silly to turn to the very entity that has had a hand in the cause of the problem as a solution to the problem. Make charity medical care 100% tax deductible and you will see physicains and hospitals lining up to take care of the truely indigent. Of course that will never happen because that will mean that politicians will lose control.

SImple economics.

It's not class warfare, stop being such a geezer.

I fully understand that MD's do gratis work, but I don't buy for a second that you guys have the time or
energy to treat 30 million people.

It's a simple truth, I see you did not explain how someone making $2,000 a month is going to afford to
get medical treatment for anything beyond a cold or a broken limb.

If neither of these things were true, there would have been no reason to change things with the political
system. I knew two people who died due to the farce you refuse to recognize, waiting until it was too late
and more money than they make in a DECADE...

When you start to make good money you DO forget how it is to not be a doctor, making more than three
figures on your check.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

People like you wanted to FORCE other Americans, including business owners, to pay for the new insurance of Obama that covers abortions... Expect not only things like this, but expect business owners laying off a lot of people to around 50, and/or lowering the week work hours to less than 30... All thanks to Obamacare...

YOU demanded to FORCE this on other Americans...now YOU and others like YOU as well as EVERYONE ELSE will suffer for YOUR selfish DEMANDS...
edit on 16-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
At the risk of stating the obvious...

All taxes against companies are passed on to customers as higher prices.

Think about it...

When Gov taxes the rich, little guy pays.

Afterthought: All the other restaurants will also pass on this cost, hidden in the prices...
edit on 16-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
At the risk of stating the obvious...

All taxes against companies are passed on to customers as higher prices.

Think about it...

When Gov taxes the rich, little guy pays.

A lot of people don't get this. They think the rich people, and the not so rich got to pay everything for them...

I have been hearing already that many employers are going to be firing a lot of people, either that, or they lower the week hours to less than 30, since according to Obama working 30 hours is full time and employers must pay Obama's insurance, which covers abortion, if people work full time...

So expect your work hours to lower A LOT, and expect a lot of people getting fired...

Thanks to all of you who voted for Obama, and DEMAND for every American to pay for your decision of murdering human fetus...

Every one of you who voted for Obama, and want to FORCE other Americans to pay for YOUR DECISIONS DESERVE THIS...

edit on 16-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

You sure sound like you're angry because some people make a lot of money

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Not to mention the fact that these clueless morons who voted for Obama who are unemployed will be required to pay for the $3,000 dollar a year mandated healthcare coverage or face fines from their herO Obama! Way to help the poor eh?

Hey idiots, know what that means? = You get fined, don't pay the fine, and it goes to collections and onto your credit report. Know what that means as well? = Your credit score is #ed, and you never will be able to obtain a mortgage or even a small loan!

So, It turns out that your saviour Obama is just another puppet that was sent to deceive you. You people are so stupid that I honestly feel sorry for you all. You know not what you do to yourself in this case is more true this time than ever my friends.

Here is the truth so you can comprehend it. The puppet masters played you foolish mortals, and you gulped it down like kool aid while ignoring the law that Obama made called the NDAA which will be used against you when you realize what your false herO has done.

Not that Romey isn't a hand picked and groomed puppet either, but it would have saved you guys a $3,000 dollar a year default that will destroy your credit score. Man, what a bunch of dumb #s. They played you fools like Charlie Daniels plays a fiddle. No worries though, when your shovel breaks, Obama will give you another free one so you can continue to dig the hole even deeper that you dug for yourself already. Jeezus, wake up and jump off of that stupid wagon already. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think what's going to happen is a lot of people are going to end up with part time jobs, but there's still going to be about the same number of people without health insurance. The number probably will even go up because of all the businesses that cut back to 50 employees.

Look at the bright side though, people will get to work 60 hours a week but with less benefits. How did it come to this? Probably because corporations own Oboma. People were stupid enought to fall for Oboma's crap. Now you get what you deserve. If you're really lucky, you won't be making enough money to have to pay a fine for not having health insurance hahaha suckers

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The only Bottom Line that MATTERS, He just lost Me as a customer. But wait, Dennys is just a place people two years out of high school go hang out nights or after the bars close.........
edit on 16-11-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

.........and eat cheap pancakes to sober up, and really old people who order chicken fried steak with canned peas and instant mashed potatoes!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
reply to post by Thepump

I am angry when people lose touch with what it is like to be one check away from destitution.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

ANd your assumptions are pretty damned insulting. I've clawed my way up from poverty so your class warfare schitck does not fly. Also insulting is the assumption that I and my fellow MD's do not do any gratis work. I can gurantee you that I have done more charity work in the last year than you have in your entire life, so stow that stupid #.

THe answer is quite simple: government regulation and litigation has made medical care much, much, more expensive than it needs to be. That is a fact and it is silly to turn to the very entity that has had a hand in the cause of the problem as a solution to the problem. Make charity medical care 100% tax deductible and you will see physicains and hospitals lining up to take care of the truely indigent. Of course that will never happen because that will mean that politicians will lose control.

SImple economics.

I fully understand that MD's do gratis work, but I don't buy for a second that you guys have the time or

It's a simple truth, I see you did not explain how someone making $2,000 a month is going to afford to

If neither of these things were true, there would have been no reason to change things with the political
system. I knew two people who died due to the farce you refuse to recognize, waiting until it was too late

When you start to make good money you DO forget how it is to not be a doctor, making more than three
figures on your check.

Again, your ignorance shows. You are not a doctor and you do not know what we do or do not forget so drop your ignorance.

Catastrophic policies were always very cheep for young people and were designed to cover those very unfortunate circomstances you mention. I had one when I was young. The problem is that people had to bother to go get them and maybe sacrifice a little partying to buy them.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
To all of you: Just imagine for one second that almost EVERYONE supported "Obama Care", say, none of us here found any really big fault in the Obama care plans.

So the guy HAS to pay 5%, now what?

Pay it, shut up, do nothing else...
Pay it, raise prices do nothing else...
Pay it, add it to the tab and do nothing else...
Pay it, share half of the tax with the customer with a 2.5% tax added into the tab and market it in a more positive light.

He had a world of more imo morally correct choices. He thinks it's a good idea to NOT support his own staff? A REAL restaurant owner would NEVER EVER NEVER suggest to the customer that it's okay to steal from only the waitstaff's paychecks because we Can get our hands on that money...

" Sorry my Denny's customers: Very sorry I can't get away with letting you stick your hands in the cook's paychecks or I'd let ya
Feel free to take what you like from our severs though"

NOW forget that you HATE Obama and his idea's or what ever you political minds call it and tell me that's okay??

edit on 16-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

I love how none of you replied to my legitimate completely ON TOPIC question....
Very telling...
No one ever wants to work things out, compromise or see things in a different light...everyone just looooves to hear themselves bithc...Whatever!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Not to mention the fact that these clueless morons who voted for Obama who are unemployed will be required to pay for the $3,000 dollar a year mandated healthcare coverage or face fines from their herO Obama! Way to help the poor eh?

Mandate muddle
Fiction: Everyone must purchase health insurance beginning in 2014, no exceptions.
Fact: While most uninsured Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty (or tax, if you like) beginning in 2014, several groups are exempt from the so-called individual mandate.

They include those whose income is so low, they don't file federal tax returns; anyone who would have to spend more than 8 percent of their income on health insurance; undocumented immigrants; people who are incarcerated; members of Native American tribes; and those who qualify for a religious exemption.
finance.yahoo.com...

Hey idiots, know what that means? = You get fined, don't pay the fine, and it goes to collections and onto your credit report. Know what that means as well? = Your credit score is #ed, and you never will be able to obtain a mortgage or even a small loan!

And the budget office analysis found that nearly 80 percent of those who'll face the penalty would be making up to or less than five times the federal poverty level. Currently that would work out to $55,850 or less for an individual and $115,250 or less for a family of four.

Average penalty: about $1,200 in 2016.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

SImple economics.

figures on your check.

Again, your ignorance shows. You are not a doctor and you do not know what we do or do not forget so drop your ignorance.

Catastrophic policies were always very cheep for young people and were designed to cover those very unfortunate circomstances you mention. I had one when I was young. The problem is that people had to bother to go get them and maybe sacrifice a little partying to buy them.

I worked in a doctors office for three and a half years, so I know more than you think. I've dealt with
more insurance companies than any human would like to admit.

What I see in you Doc is that you ignore some simple truths, that you do not care to rectify because
you can't and still keep your political position while making the arguments you do.

When a person has under $100 left after paying for life, how are they able to fulfill the $10,000
to $5,000 deductible??? A catastrophic from KPH is at $147 - I sure as hell couldn't pull that
when I worked my grunt work, not to mention the deductible...

You think everybody is gonna outpace the minimum wage work? I'll tell you Doc, off the base,
there are a lot more clerks than doctors out there... I realized a long time ago that some people
are janitors and some people are doctors, but everyone should be afforded some dignity.

I know it is easy to ignore the facts on the ground, but that is why you are surprised that so many
people support doing something about the system.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

The fact of the matter is that all US citizens will be forced to have health insurance coverage under the Obama care policy that will make the poorest of the poor even more poor. Stupid Obama voters will be required to comply by paying $3,000 dollars a year for the bankster hand picked and groomed lunatic Obama's mandated health coverage or else they will have to pay a fine of $95.00 in 2014, $325.00 in 2015, $695.00 in 2016.

The biggest cover up is there is also possible jail time if those fines add up, and are not payed. Not only that, if por folks can't pay those fines they will end up going to collections, which will add more to the total fine, and which will eventually end up on your credit report.

Has it registerd yet you morons? Hello, McFly! Knock, knock! Anybody home dumb dumbs?

So, Not only will your credit be destroyed if you do not hand over $3,000 to Obama and his masters, you might even be subjected to prosecution and jail time, which I am sure will help all you Obama-bots out even more in your struggle through this life.

But hey, you voted for him, and now you will understand why he was sent here to deceive you all. I, and many other intelligent folks here at ATS tried hard to warn you sheoplized foolish mortals, but you did not listen and you just kept your head stuck deep in that hole in the ground cause they distracted you with other bs domestic issues.

While Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid continue to get rich just like the Republicans, you easily misled ignoramuses will be getting the bent over, sack and all, as usual. Time to wake up people, unless you're happy being stuck on stupid?
~$heopleNation

edit on 16-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by mrnotobc

The fact of the matter is that all US citizens will be forced to have health insurance coverage under the Obama care policy that will make the poorest of the poor even more poor. Stupid Obama voters will be required to comply by paying $3,000 dollars a year for the bankster hand picked and groomed lunatic Obama's mandated health coverage or else they will have to pay a fine of $95.00 in 2014, $325.00 in 2015, $695.00 in 2016.

Where are you getting these numbers from? I think you're you just pulling them from your nether regions.

The biggest cover up is there is also possible jail time if those fines add up, and are not payed. Not only that, if por folks can't pay those fines they will end up going to collections, which will add more to the total fine, and which will eventually end up on your credit report.

The IRS hasn't used private collections agencies since 2009.

So, Not only will your credit be destroyed if you do not hand over $3,000 to Obama and his masters, you might even be subjected to prosecution and jail time, which I am sure will help all you Obama-bots out even more in your struggle through this life.

Tax fraud will get you sent to jail, owing money won't. USA hasn't used debtors prisons since the 1830's.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
reply to post by Thepump

I am angry when people lose touch with what it is like to be one check away from destitution.

I feel the same as you, but I don't think you completely understand who the enemy forces are. Expecting the government to help us is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. Their job isn't to help us, it's to help large corporations that give them the money to get reelected. They own the msm. The msm propaganda forms peoples opinions. Haven't you ever wondered why in every election the only choices are dumb, and dumber? We're all being played, and you're falling for it

Oboma care is a perfect example. Who is going to suffer more, companys that can pay a fine that's cheaper than actual insurance, and then dump the entire cost on workers, or workers that lose their full time jobs, and still have to pay fines for not having health care insurance because their new part time job is exempt. The little guy now gets screwed even harder. Before, you might not have health care, but at least you weren't being fined.. Now it's much better. Not.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You're very uninformed my friend. I can understand your disbelief though. it really is very hard to believe that a married couple without health insurance will be fined approximately $1500 a year for not having coverage after the full law kicks in. That's what I'll be paying. That's equal about one months premium payment.for a couple our age. Thank you for doing this to me. Now I'll have a lot less money to pay a doctor.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by defcon5

Oh come on. You are using a single, or handful of outrageous instances to rally against Reps and the idea for less Govt control in business. You know that and I know that.

I don't know that, because its not true, and I can go on for pages about the stuff that is going on down here.

As an example:
I know of an insurance company that sets up new offices, hires all new employees, then when they hit the point where they are going to receive actual benefits, they close up shop, lay everyone off, and move to a new office. Rinse and repeat.

An auto repair facility that is illegally making its people stay on the premises, while off the clock (which is against the law), and only paying them when they actually have a car in the shop that they are working on.

I can name three facilities in this area who all were/are pulling the “your a contractor”, IRS/Workmans Comp scam.

I know of one place where the owner has his personal bills paid right out of the company expense account. Then was unable to make his employees payroll, yet still was able to afford to take his family on a big vacation.

A local hospice that took the employees profit sharing to pay to open a new facility. Got in trouble for keeping patients who were not dying, and recently fired all their nurses and made them reapply for their jobs so they would lose all their seniority benefits.

I can go on and on...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join