join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

Originally posted by Thepump

reply to post by Thepump

You sure sound like you're angry because some people make a lot of money

I am angry when people lose touch with what it is like to be one check away from destitution.

I feel the same as you, but I don't think you completely understand who the enemy forces are. Expecting the government to help us is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. Their job isn't to help us, it's to help large corporations that give them the money to get reelected. They own the msm. The msm propaganda forms peoples opinions. Haven't you ever wondered why in every election the only choices are dumb, and dumber? We're all being played, and you're falling for it

Oboma care is a perfect example. Who is going to suffer more, companys that can pay a fine that's cheaper than actual insurance, and then dump the entire cost on workers, or workers that lose their full time jobs, and still have to pay fines for not having health care insurance because their new part time job is exempt. The little guy now gets screwed even harder. Before, you might not have health care, but at least you weren't being fined.. Now it's much better. Not.

I don't agree with you entirely... You certainly make good point, but I do not hold the idea that government
is incapable of changing things. The government is a tool for the people, it is supposed to belong to American's
and how government works or does not work depends on who is using the government.

There are some wonderful aspects of Obamacare

Insurance companies can no longer rescind policies when people get sick, people with pre existing conditions
can have access to healthcare, Insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of premiums on provider reimbursement (healthcare), there are also a number of get provisions that make it easier for providers
to act on insurance company shenanigans

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I don't agree with you entirely... You certainly make good point, but I do not hold the idea that government
is incapable of changing things. The government is a tool for the people, it is supposed to belong to American's
and how government works or does not work depends on who is using the government.

Everything changed last year when the supreme court ruled that corporations are people too. Sure they're just people, but they're now more equal people than all the rest of us put together. Now just one corporation can form a pac, and contribute billions of dollars to get any politician elected they want. That's just one corporation. There's no way for the rest of us to compete anymore unless politicians are honest. Try and find one. Then you have the same corporations that own the corporate media. They can help, or hurt any politician they're told to. They own Oboma, Romney, Bush, Clinton ect ect. Basically we're just along for the ride now. At least we can try to not be at each others throats, but that's going to be difficult with them owning the media. Do you really think the country can be so divided right down the middle by accident?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Everything changed last year when the supreme court ruled that corporations are people too. Sure they're just people, but they're now more equal people than all the rest of us put together. Now just one corporation can form a pac, and contribute billions of dollars to get any politician elected they want. That's just one corporation. There's no way for the rest of us to compete anymore unless politicians are honest. Try and find one. Then you have the same corporations that own the corporate media. They can help, or hurt any politician they're told to. They own Oboma, Romney, Bush, Clinton ect ect. Basically we're just along for the ride now. At least we can try to not be at each others throats, but that's going to be difficult with them owning the media. Do you really think the country can be so divided right down the middle by accident?

All valid points, yet I am not sure what it has to do with my previous response to you.

I don't see all political ambition in the same light and I don't believe that all politicians have the same
motive either. If I were a politician, I would do what it took to benefit people, while conservative ATS members
would probably want to assist business.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I whish he would also disclose how big his profit margin is.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Beyond all the yea's or nea's or good or bad of the idea, it's all a precursor to whats in store for America. The slide is getting steeper and steeper, and at the bottom is a pit of Mud.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It really don't matter who you voted for, you were bound to still find diminishing pay, lifestyles, goods and services, and a general tightening of the belt. Neither Part was going to be in your interest. The government is not of the 'People' any more, it belongs to big money. It is bought and paid for at every election. When millions and millions are the cost to secure the office of President, it should be clear..... People/corporations don't pay big money because their 'good citizens', they do it to secure power.
Yesterday I went into town and stopped at McDonalds to get a once a month McDouble and value fries. I was in my Jeep parked in the dirt lot behind, and facing the highway. Hundreds of cars drove by, dozens of big rigs carried cargo, people rushed to the burger joint, on new roads there. Tractor Supply had a full parking lot, the Bank also was full across the street. People getting their 'FIX', spending money, going places, scurrying around, spending money. Those same people talking about how their loosing everything. .....Compared to what? Compared to WHERE. Looked to me that they must all be pretty prosperous to be spending so freely.

These people didn't look like a 'surcharge' would bother them much. Of course there are no Dennys in my town, still, i doubt the people would skip a beat.
Consider Mexico or India or China, or western Europe where people make a pittance......
We are Wealthy...... We can have anything 24-7. We have enough to gamble on the Lottery. To buy new cars, and clothes and gadgets at the retailers. Even get an early stare on Christmas gifts, along with a little something for ourselves, what the heck. This is North Carolina, I though all you say were all barefoot poor hillbillys, inbred shine sipping oafs......? Hmmmm... was I seeing something in a dream? Was I asleep for a moment? hmmm.
SO...... whats going on in the 'Rich' states then, are they this poor also? Bummer !! It's sure rough. Or is it?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The way this country is being run into the ground its only a short matter of time before everyone becomes poor.
Apparently that's what BO is aiming for - turn this place into a craphole, and we're heading their FAST.
Hellooooo, the "rich" can live anywhere. They will leave and take up residence where they can keep their fortunes rather than hand it over to a wasteful, self-serving, spendaholic government and a bunch of welfare recipients. Businesses will have massive layoffs and many will simply close. Everyone's taxes are going up - including the middle class.
And Denny's adds a surcharge to pay for Obamacare? That's what you think is unfair? Come on!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In a free market, the new expense shoud be offset by passing the cost onto the consumer. This guy is making a political statement so the consumer will see what the effect of obamacare directly oon the bill. In return he is punnishing his employees for "choosing the worng president". He is not the only one, Darden is doing the same, by firing their employees and rehiring them as part-time to avoid providing healthcare. without digging too deep Darden makes a profit of around 4-500 mil a year:
articles.orlandosentinel.com... estaurants

Basically we support them and make them who they are, then when employees ask for healthcare(if youre not aware restaurants are the most germ ridden environments without protection Ive ever worked) they laugh in our faces.

I say SUPPORT youre mom and pop stores!
Both Dennys and Darden are traded on the stock exchange. they have done well already. Support the little guy who is struggling to compete with them. Support the small business that cant get around walmart and their chinese prices.
Corporations (some) get welfare and dont give back. Support our local families and parents MOM and POP! They care about thier employees more...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

And Obama had 4 years to fix this.

To the uneducated...I offer this bit of information and edification....

The "real" experts....aka...economists...said that our economy had collapsed so far in 07/08 that it was going to take 10 to 12 years to recover. I do not give a big rat's @ss as to who is in the Whitehouse...it is what it is. If...for one second...you thought one limited power puppet was going to fix crapola...you are a moron...I don't care who is "the prez"...he is not going to fix shiz....you need to wake up and get a damn clue.

Our economy will correct itself as it should and it is only going to take one element....time...how f'ing painful is that for you to swallow? I don't care if Romney or Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or Jesus was elected....it takes nothing but time to fix these things...stfu and grow up....there is no damn magic bullets to fix a collapsed economy.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm imposing a surcharge on these dirt bags that charge surcharges.....for everyone of them I am deducting 20% from my bill and giving it to the server.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I don't care if Romney or Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or Jesus was elected....it takes nothing but time to fix these things...stfu and grow up....there is no damn magic bullets to fix a collapsed economy.

Yes but, it is not even a little bit better.

It is in fact a whole lot worse...
edit on 17-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by windword

You're very uninformed my friend. I can understand your disbelief though. it really is very hard to believe that a married couple without health insurance will be fined approximately $1500 a year for not having coverage after the full law kicks in. That's what I'll be paying. That's equal about one months premium payment.for a couple our age. Thank you for doing this to me. Now I'll have a lot less money to pay a doctor.

You think that $1500 a year, for two people, is a lot? That $1500 will go into a fund that will pay for ALL the uninsured, that will not have to loose everything they own, should they fall ill. This includes you, should you find yourself uninsured and in need of extensive care.

Among the uninsured individuals subject to the penalty tax, many are expected to voluntarily report on their tax returns that they are uninsured and pay the amount owed. However, other individuals will try to avoid payments. Therefore, the estimates presented here account for likely compliance rates, as well as the ability of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to administer and collect the penalty.

CBO and JCT have also updated their estimates of the distribution of those penalty tax payments by income category. Table 1 shows how much of those payments are projected to be made by or on behalf of people who are uninsured in 2016
www.cbo.gov...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
I'm imposing a surcharge on these dirt bags that charge surcharges.....for everyone of them I am deducting 20% from my bill and giving it to the server.

That's the smartest thing I've read in this thread!
Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of a story.

Pre-internet... When they created the income tax, it was a big controversy. In fact, it may be that it was never properly approved by enough states to become law. But that is another thread.

The story I remember is there was one biz owner that decided to pay his workers at the first window the whole amount. Then they move to the second window and they take back the tax money that was to be witheld. Gov stopped them from doing that because it made the people mad as they realized how much Gov was taking.

Now most people hardly notice...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Originally posted by ascension211

That's the smartest thing I've read in this thread!
Thanks

HAHA!

I like this one too!

Originally posted by Flatfish

I too saw this story in the news today. I'll just bet that restaurant owner has great healthcare insurance.

My wife & I have decided to stop in, every time we see a Denny's or Dairy Queen, just to privately tip a waitress. Actually, we'll call it a healthcare gift, that way it doesn't have to be shared with their employer as it was not for services rendered while under his employ.

Then we're going to eat somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

And Obama had 4 years to fix this.

To the uneducated...I offer this bit of information and edification....

The "real" experts....aka...economists...said that our economy had collapsed so far in 07/08 that it was going to take 10 to 12 years to recover. I do not give a big rat's @ss as to who is in the Whitehouse...it is what it is. If...for one second...you thought one limited power puppet was going to fix crapola...you are a moron...I don't care who is "the prez"...he is not going to fix shiz....you need to wake up and get a damn clue.

Our economy will correct itself as it should and it is only going to take one element....time...how f'ing painful is that for you to swallow? I don't care if Romney or Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or Jesus was elected....it takes nothing but time to fix these things...stfu and grow up....there is no damn magic bullets to fix a collapsed economy.

Okay okay, I stand corrected, this here is pretty smart stuff too.
I don't usually leave super meaningless posts like these, but since I've been ignored here (not by windword) so
to all of you argument lovin fools

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Don't feel bad. There are actual multi-restaurant controllers and CPAs that have posted facts about the ACA in this thread, refuting these ignorant ranters, that are also being ignored. You're in good company.

Haters gonna hate. Trolls are gonna troll and try to derail the subject matter of this thread, bringing with them all their ignorant bigotry.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Its like a manifesto for going out of business. What a dumb ass!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

He should just raise the price of his menu items by two dollars. Saying hes charging a 5% surcharge is suicide, for one he's making a political point, second he's putting his servers in a bad position. I bet his corporate types wont have their pay or benefits changed. And servers only make 2.14 an hour they live off their tips.

The insurance companies are to blame too they are raising their rates because now they have to cover people who couldn't be covered in the past with pre existing conditions. So now they have to pay for more expensive procedures . With the amount of taxes we already pay, everyone should be covered by insurance. They need to follow how Norway and Sweden take care of this. Otherwise these people would have the procedures put on credit and destroying their credit because their sick destroying their lives. Everything is a racket in this country.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Trust me I NOTICE!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join