It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Does someone want to start a new thread?

Monitoring the ceasefire?

This one is getting pretty long.

(Not me, I'm too new here, I get too heated at times
)
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
IDF Spokesperson states 5 rockets from Gaza since cease fire became official. Being touted as "minor" infractions at this point. - CNN (Seen on Live, no link yet)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
from RT:

Nov. 21, 21:23 GMT:“I would say that most of the people that were hit in Gaza deserved it, as they were just armed terrorists,” Israel’s Deputy Foreign Minister, Danny Ayalon, told the Public Radio International.

Nov. 21, 20:34 GMT: Israeli officials claim that some 12 rockets have been fired at Israel from Gaza since the ceasefire came into effect at 19:00 GMT.

source: RT live updates

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh no...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can still hear a few drones. Here is a live feed of CNN's coverage: www.zahipedia.info...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I'm not abandoning thread yet. This just doesn't add up to me.

Israel starts attacks to stop rockets. Rockets not stopped. People in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (who haven't been targets for decades) are now suddenly in the firing line too. Hamas blatantly going to restock ASAP.

Israel "agrees" to ease the blockade of Gaza. Why? Isn't that going to make it even easier for them to get weapons smuggled in?

That just isn't Israel. There is no way they're just going to take this. I don't know what the plan is....but something stinks.

Rockets were not fired after cease fire time went in effect. And while weapons will undoubtedly get into Gaza at much higher rates, according to Israeli media the current agreement speaks about long period of truce - more then 10 years - with Egypt and Turkey (and also US
) as overseers.
Just to highlight something - right now truce is really unpopular among large parts of Israeli public for exactly the same reasons you mention. Truces were broken before, so i do not know what exactly are the agreements and guarantees or what kind of pressure was applied behind the scenes.
edit on 21-11-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you have to take into consideration that they probably don't have the same possibilities in communication like the IDF plus that there are still some salafist rogue troops running around in Gaza who could probably still have some rockets left and don't agree to the ceasefire

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As I said in another thread, the mortars are likely fired a desperate mother whose two daughters were just killed by a cluster-bomb thus she has gone a bit insane. It will likely be stopped by the dome anyway.

The Palestinians will understand why she did it, but not be happy with it.

The Israelis will paint her as a terrorist, retaliate as if the whole of Palestine had plotted this, and kill many more, continuing the cyclical nature of the fighting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Right on bro been thinking that all along. We the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
As I said in another thread, the mortars are likely fired a desperate mother whose two daughters were just killed by a cluster-bomb thus she has gone a bit insane. It will likely be stopped by the dome anyway.

The Palestinians will understand why she did it, but not be happy with it.

The Israelis will paint her as a terrorist, retaliate as if the whole of Palestine had plotted this, and kill many more, continuing the cyclical nature of the fighting.

Except that mothers in Muslim world usually do not have access to mortars, 2 sisters killed is your imagination and Israel not using cluster bombs in this conflict.
The rest is very probable.

edit on 21-11-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Do we know for a fact 12 rockets wee fired after ceasefire? Also if there are how do we know if they are done by Israeli dis-tractors? I AM SO HAPPYYY! The people of the world rang out against genocide and tyranny and we won!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
RT ‏@RT_com
'Most of the people hit in #Gaza deserved it, as they were just armed terrorists' - #Israel’s deputy FM on.rt.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Do we know for a fact 12 rockets wee fired after ceasefire? Also if there are how do we know if they are done by Israeli dis-tractors? I AM SO HAPPYYY! The people of the world rang out against genocide and tyranny and we won!

Hams is still there so i do not see how people of the world won against genocide and tyranny.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
As I said in another thread, the mortars are likely fired a desperate mother whose two daughters were just killed by a cluster-bomb thus she has gone a bit insane.

Yes, that's clearly the likely thing. I mean there certainly aren't any people other than mothers who might want to see Israelis dead in Gaza at all. No, no.

Clearly a mother, and recently bereaved. Obviously. What else could it be?

edit on 21-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Still hearing a lot of drone activity. Reminder: most of these drones are armed.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
TWITTER@Palestinianism celebration is going to be short lived. The situation in West Bank doesn't look good

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It seems to be quieting down, and I think that they just lost power because it just became really dark. The camera blinked out for a moment, then came back on. I can barely see the buildings anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
It seems to be quieting down, and I think that they just lost power because it just became really dark. The camera blinked out for a moment, then came back on. I can barely see the buildings anymore.

What feed is that? I see everything fine from what I am watching

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My joy is so full right now, just watching the RT feed with celebration in the streets. Please let this last.

rt.com...

It got a little quieter as one person speaks on a loud speaker to the crowds.
edit on 21-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Violent protests in West Bank over Gaza conflict - AlertNet

top topics

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join