It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Back...power issues here. So any ceasefire violations? Seems celebrations are continuing
edit on 21-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

I would presume that they are celebrating that they "defeated" Israel by getting them to agree to their terms of the ceasefire and they are no longer being bombed.

ETA: a deadly, protracted, ground operation was prevented (for now); for that both sides should be celebrating.
edit on 21-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Question: Are there any celebrations in Israel like there are in Gaza?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think they get very little chance for celebration.

Harry Fear was saying that this is the strongest retaliation they've ever been able to effect.

And, they knew that, for real, the world was watching and listening.

That's gotta feel pretty good.

Is it just me, or did it seem that the Israeli propaganda is getting less effective and more transparent?

I know it's not over by a long shot, but, hey, this is pretty big.

The constant gunfire/firecracker sounds are freaking ME the # out though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

I would presume that they are celebrating that they "defeated" Israel by getting them to agree to their terms of the ceasefire and they are no longer being bombed.

ETA: a deadly, protracted, ground operation was prevented (for now); for that both sides should be celebrating.
edit on 21-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

Indeed. But it's still early and reports still say rockets are being fired into Israel. It would be very bad to have to see all these people get killed in an airstrike because of some trigger happy person.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
I think they get very little chance for celebration.

Harry Fear was saying that this is the strongest retaliation they've ever been able to effect.

And, they knew that, for real, the world was watching and listening.

That's gotta feel pretty good.

Is it just me, or did it seem that the Israeli propaganda is getting less effective and more transparent?

I know it's not over by a long shot, but, hey, this is pretty big.

The constant gunfire/firecracker sounds are freaking ME the # out though.

I think the propaganda of our world governments is becoming more and more transparent. The internet can be thanks for most of that for without it we would be fed more lies and have no way to debunk them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777

I'd say the same applied for both sides propaganda.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Nope. CNN was just reporting live from Israel and it was eerily quiet.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth

Nope. CNN was just reporting live from Israel and it was eerily quiet.

Nadine نادين ‏@wataniye
Israelis are protesting the ceasefire in Tel Aviv while Palestinians in Gaza are celebrating it. BUT ISRAEL JUST WANTS PEACE YOH GUYS! twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well I will say it first...if the ceasefire holds, it was nice catching up with everyone again. It's a shame that all of us come together in this time of war, but at least we did it better than MSM ever could have. Without this thread, I might not be as informed as I am now. I thank everyone ahead of time for such a great experience. I hope all of us can collaborate again soon!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I like this music playing. I'm really happy that they are having the chance to celebrate. They should after all they have been through. The world is definitely watching, and I imagine it does. I just really would not want to see all of them get killed, or injured while they are celebrating.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
I like this music playing. I'm really happy that they are having the chance to celebrate. They should after all they have been through. The world is definitely watching, and I imagine it does. I just really would not want to see all of them get killed, or injured while they are celebrating.

Precisely what I am thinking. If one or more people/groups fire a few rockets, an airstrike could take out hundreds or even thousands. I just hope that it doesn't come to that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
On a side note...perhaps we should all create a same type thread for Syria? Would be nice for us to track down the live feeds there...if there are any.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Are all of the MSM 's acting though this is a binding cease fire and all fire has stopped?
Is anyone acknowledging these continued lobs at each other?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It could, and that wouldn't be good at all. I'm hoping it doesn't. I'm starting to hear machine gun type firing, and something that sounds like bombs.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm not abandoning thread yet. This just doesn't add up to me.

Israel starts attacks to stop rockets. Rockets not stopped. People in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (who haven't been targets for decades) are now suddenly in the firing line too. Hamas blatantly going to restock ASAP.

Israel "agrees" to ease the blockade of Gaza. Why? Isn't that going to make it even easier for them to get weapons smuggled in?

That just isn't Israel. There is no way they're just going to take this. I don't know what the plan is....but something stinks.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame

It could, and that wouldn't be good at all. I'm hoping it doesn't. I'm starting to hear machine gun type firing, and something that sounds like bombs.

I thought I heard a little too, but even machine gun fire can be part of celebration. For all intense purposes, the ceasefire has held...so far

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow! What a beautiful sight! To see these people celebrate!!! After they've been through so much - it's precious. :0)

I hope this cease fire holds! Actually, I'm praying it does!

God bless ALL of those involved. :0)
Even the confused rooster.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I hope that's all it is. I don't know how they are even holding up with all those sounds. All that noise would have me rushing back inside.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I'm not abandoning thread yet. This just doesn't add up to me.

Israel starts attacks to stop rockets. Rockets not stopped. People in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (who haven't been targets for decades) are now suddenly in the firing line too. Hamas blatantly going to restock ASAP.

Israel "agrees" to ease the blockade of Gaza. Why? Isn't that going to make it even easier for them to get weapons smuggled in?

That just isn't Israel. There is no way they're just going to take this. I don't know what the plan is....but something stinks.

I had similar thoughts. For me, I'm gonna take it for what it is and hope & pray for the best.
I guess I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. :0)

new topics

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join