It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Atheists Given Up Here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Logic and 5+ billion other people say there's a God too.

A small minority of close minded ignorant zealots say there definitively is no God.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
LOL I noticed a few recent threads of religious fanatics with no Atheists arguing their point. Have we given up? Are these zealots too far gone to be saved from looking foolish?

I have a question for them. Oh, I know there's no getting through to them, but I'd love to see their responses.

First, a little story: God is riding on a flying unicorn to get to the pots of gold at the end of rainbows before the Leprechauns can snatch them up and hide the gold in a dragon's lair.

Question: Which character(s) in that story is real, and which ones aren't real. On those you claim to be unreal, please prove it. Thanks!

Told ya you are inclined in attacking the Christian community. And you told me you were objective... I do not see how your OP is not offensive for this christian community. We are now trying to wage a war: the World has enough of that. The goal of ATS is to unite to find truth, not provoke wars.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

See now that's why i never read the bible.
I honestly can't make head nor tail from that.

I grew up with evangelical baptists,and once you've had
a priest/vicar whatever,walk away from you with the fear
of the devil in his eyes you tend to figure 'religion' isn't
the only way.That and i never groveled to anyone or
anything in my life.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

This guy.... Wow, is that all you can do say lines of the bible like some sort of parrot?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

A small minority of close minded ignorant zealots say there definitively is no God.

1. Logic does NOT say there's a God.

2. You're lumping all religions together, which is illogical since beliefs clash. There are about 2 billion Christians, equal to Islam. Even if the whole world's populations except 1 person was religious, it doesn't make them right, it makes them gullible.

Not believing there is a God is not close minded. Science is the study of the world around us, not believing in something unless it can be proven to exist is just common sense. All religions (not counting money making schemes like Scientology) were invented a long time ago, when we hardly knew anything about the universe. Back then it made sense, it was an explanation to the world around us. That's why there are different religions in different cultures rather than one correct religion. Religion is old and naive, one day it will die out.
edit on 14-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This is a fallacy, because you're basically saying, many people believe it, so therefore it must be true. Secondly, all 5 billion people do not believe in the same God, so how is this beneficial to you?

People tend to invoke a religious explanation at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

their really good at hiding.

i looked for them once..honest i did, seems they get some weird active results.

But alas not a satanist to be found

I don't doubt that. I want to know how many people are actually studying Satanism for it's validity, could someone tell me why more people who were into satanism converted to Christianity rather than become agnostic?
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Do you know how many people have said the exact same things you're saying, then died, and since then Religion (especially Christianity) has grown exponentially?

Maybe you should research your history and theology a little bit more thoroughly before coming to false conclusions.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them.

-God

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

I don't doubt that. I want to know how many people are actually studying Satanism for it's validity, could someone tell me why more people who were into satanism converted to Christianity rather than become agnostic?

did they or did they just go back to the title alchemists.
to get out of the religion clique??

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do you know how many people have said the exact same things you're saying, then died, and since then Religion (especially Christianity) has grown exponentially?

Maybe you should research your history and theology a little bit more thoroughly before coming to false conclusions.

Do you know how many people have said God exists and died? What?

"Religion (especially Christianity) has grown exponentially"

World population has grown exponentially. The rate of religion is decreasing quite fast now thankfully.

Maybe you should think before posting.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by cjttatu

A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them.

-God

Hang on,i'm asuming your replying to me as my name is up there.
How is that relevant to me??

link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

4 billion of them believe in the God of Abraham with differing opinions on God the Son.

Christians (2.3+ billion) believe in Father and Son, and the Holy Bible Old and New Testament
Jews (~15 - 20 million) believe in the Father, with differing opinions on the Son, and believe in the Tanakh, or Hebrew Bible / Old Testament
Muslims (1.5+ billion) believe in Allah, who is basically the same God as the Father, but they twist the truth and use a different Holy Book that is filled with half truths mixed with deception,

So, we have almost 4 billion people who believe in the same God the Father of All, with differing theological views on the Son.

almost 1 billion (around 800 million last I checked) are Hindu, they believe in a Supreme Creator and Unknowable God, but a lot of the same virtues as the Abrahamic faiths, a Universal Truth is a Universal Truth, no matter where you learn it.

So we have 5 billion people, approximately, with similar views, especially amongst the Abrahamic traditions.

Add in Bahai faith and other New Age - Judeo-Christian beliefs, and we're over 5 billion, or right around 75 - 80% of the entire earths population....

There are less than 1 billion people on earth professing the belief of "non-religious, atheist or agnostic", and the smallest amongst those is atheism.

If you study mathematics, statistics and philosophy you could understand why these numbers are significant,

I love you and God loves you,

Peace

link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

reply to post by jiggerj

Who said he's gone to a group of anyone to make fun of them? Satanism is just as ridiculous and there's exactly the same amount of evidence to back it up as any religion.

Who said I need someone to tell me that jigger is making fun of religious folk? It's evident enough in this thread.
SpearMint, it seems as though you've got your head under the sand.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

You said you cannot understand Scripture when you read it,

I gave you God's Words explaining how people who are not Spiritual,, but rather Natural or Carnal, cannot understand the Word of God because the Word of God is not natural, it is Spiritual.

Love, Grace and Peace to you and your family

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

reply to post by jiggerj

Who said he's gone to a group of anyone to make fun of them? Satanism is just as ridiculous and there's exactly the same amount of evidence to back it up as any religion.

Who said I need someone to tell me that jigger is making fun of religious folk? It's evident enough in this thread.
SpearMint, it seems as though you've got your head under the sand.

Re-read my first sentence. Has he gone to a group of people and made fun of them? Nope. The religious people have come to him.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Actually I kind of have a problem with people who follow religious texts. Mainly due to the fact that most religious texts push some kind of armegeddon or that this life is a test for "heaven".. In effect making the people who take up these beliefs ignore their responsibility to be free of thought and to increase humanities complexity(technology, relationships, self/spiritual) and chances of survival into the fore-see-able future. People who believe "this is just a test" or that armageddon is coming have a detached sense of reality and basically render themselves useless to humanity. People who believe in god abandon this reality for their fantasy land that they can't even logically think about. It's just a comfortable set of rules they entertain in their mind to make them feel a little special and alive. Truth of the matter is, seeing reality in a stark manner and being exposed to the raw power of your mind focusing on the fact that anything exists at all is very hard for the average human brain. Personifying the universe and passing on your existential problem to a magical "father figure" is basically what a child might come up with to deal with his fear. It's funny how people get older and somehow think that since they've reached a certain age that all their childish values and ideas that were never challenged have actually become legitimate.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by cjttatu

You said you cannot understand Scripture when you read it,

I gave you God's Words explaining how people who are not Spiritual,, but rather Natural or Carnal, cannot understand the Word of God because the Word of God is not natural, it is Spiritual.

Love, Grace and Peace to you and your family

Thank you for that,you cover your bases well.I'm still slightly offended that you
assert that i'm not spiritual in any way because i can't grasp how to read 'scripture'
Thats like saying i can't be muslim because i can't read the koran...makes no sense
you have no illiterate followers??

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

did they or did they just go back to the title alchemists.
to get out of the religion clique??

What does the title matter if the content is merely tweaked. Protestant and Catholic are both considered Christianity and yet the distinction in title remains because the content is tweaked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join