It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Atheists Given Up Here?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

So if I start a thread saying "Christians, why do we not put up a fight in all the atheistic threads around here? Is it impossible to save them from publicly humiliating themselves with there foolish beliefs?", am I not henceforth implying all atheists are foolish?

Yeah, I agree with the person you quoted,

Keep that head buried,

You can't handle the Truth!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

Who said he's gone to a group of anyone to make fun of them? Satanism is just as ridiculous and there's exactly the same amount of evidence to back it up as any religion.

Who said I need someone to tell me that jigger is making fun of religious folk? It's evident enough in this thread.
SpearMint, it seems as though you've got your head under the sand.

Re-read my first sentence. Has he gone to a group of people and made fun of them? Nope. The religious people have come to him.

I thought it was gunna be a light hearted bit of fun with a little theory chucked in.
Was amused at the op

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

I did not say that,

God is the one who said what I said,

I was just a vessel He transmitted a message through,

I am not implying you are not spiritual or cannot learn,

If the Holy Spirit convicted you of such a thing, I did not do it, He did.

The more you pray and attempt to read the Scriptures, the more you will feed your spirit, and the more spiritual you may become,

Your brother,

With Love,

In Christ

Amen

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The retention rate of Atheism is the lowest of all the worldviews,

Probably because it's a self serving false ideology that leaves its followers dry and empty,

I love you

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

Have you ever heard of Sir Isaac Newton?

Shall I go make a list of all the scientific innovations that were brought about by men of faith?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

Originally posted by cjttatu

reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

their really good at hiding.

i looked for them once..honest i did, seems they get some weird active results.

But alas not a satanist to be found

I don't doubt that. I want to know how many people are actually studying Satanism for it's validity, could someone tell me why more people who were into satanism converted to Christianity rather than become agnostic?
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

did they or did they just go back to the title alchemists.
to get out of the religion clique??

What does the title matter if the content is merely tweaked. Protestant and Catholic are both considered Christianity and yet the distinction in title remains because the content is tweaked.

yeh but according to supposed satanistic beliefs,the trick is
for people to believe they no longer exist,much like supposed secret societies.
I was kinda being light hearted about the alchemy thing but there are some who believe
they go hand in hand.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I think you sir is what is commonly defined as a Christian nut job.

I bet you would send you children to Jesus camp, the same sort of camp that make children cry in the name of Jesus and also make them cry by making them imagine they are being crucified at the cross.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

So if I start a thread saying "Christians, why do we not put up a fight in all the atheistic threads around here? Is it impossible to save them from publicly humiliating themselves with there foolish beliefs?", am I not henceforth implying all atheists are foolish?

Yeah, I agree with the person you quoted,

Keep that head buried,

You can't handle the Truth!

That thread would be the very definition of irony.

And that's nothing like what this thread is, you don't have a point.
edit on 14-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You are right. That would be condescending and you have a point about this thread perhaps being belittling to people of your faith.

However, I have repeatedly seen you call people "child" and talk down to them for not accepting your recitations of your holy book as law. You have operated from a position of presumed authority and act bewildered when others on ATS do not bend their knee to your theistic conclusions.

I hate to throw a person's own holy book at them but I think Matthew 7:3 is applicable to this situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Probably because it's a self serving false ideology that leaves its followers dry and empty,

I love you

Or maybe it's because the ability to think critically, logically and by yourself isn't that common.

All of your beliefs are based on a book, mine are based on observation. The thing is, even if everything in the Bible is true I'm still the smart one and you're still the gullible one, because right now your faith is based on nothing other than what a book and other people say. I find that quite funny. When something is proven is becomes a scientific fact.

Although Atheism is a low percentage, there are more people that don't believe what you believe than those that do. Going by your logic that makes you wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Logic and 5+ billion other people say there's a God too.

A small minority of close minded ignorant zealots say there definitively is no God.

This is a fallacy, because you're basically saying, many people believe it, so therefore it must be true. Secondly, all 5 billion people do not believe in the same God, so how is this beneficial to you?

People tend to invoke a religious explanation at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality.

Evolution is a THEORY, is it not?
People tend to invoke a scientific explanation (who is funding these) at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality.
How 'bout that?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Lol, typical christian who changes history to fit his belief. My dad is the same. Completely illogical and lacking in critical thought. You're attracted to the allure of the grandeur of the bible. If you were critical you would sense that any type of religious txt that is engineered in this specific way will ALWAYS lure you into it because you are simple minded. Is that not obvious to you? Jesus was actually telling everyone practicing religion that they were #wits. Then later the corrupt braindead #wits decided, We'll just write about jesus as being the central figure of our religion! He rose from the dead!!!! YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE OR GOD WILL CALL YOU A FOOL AND YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

Another retarded thing most christians believe is that the whole world has christianity to thank for LOVE and other # like that. The arrogance is mind-boggling. But basically it just highlights that most people aren't really aware... They're just #ty ego-programs who can't face reality and have to adapt with simple religious texts to render them docile and subservient.

If you were really critical you would understand that holding your belief so dearly is actually the means by which humans become SEPARATED. What we really need to do is ABOLISH all our redundant ideas that act to separate us mentally.

Godlover, would you care to start by changing your name to something less offensive? I know it's a dark and lonely void without the trainer-wheels called god. But your reality will be ever so enriched by the shear force of realising your own potential as a free entity!

Your brother in Christ(the christ who thinks religion is #ed)

Unity and Peace!

WorShip
Hahaha!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Seems to me your ego is the problem, not religion.

You have developed an attitude of superiority because you believe what the Bible says as literal, and assume those that do not accept it must not be smart enough to understand it. You put yourself on a religious pedestal.

I think the Bible teaches something about humility no?

"Luke 18:9-14 ESV / 161 helpful votes

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ ... "

Being Humble

Modern Christians who think they are superior and above non-believers are sinning as much as anyone, and I doubt any of you will ever admit that you're sinning.

The Bible teaches humility love and acceptance, not judgment and superiority.

edit on 11/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

People tend to invoke a scientific explanation (who is funding these) at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality. How 'bout that?

In science for something to be a theory, and not an hypothesis, it must be observable and testable.

So it means evolution is a testable and observable natural occurrence. If it wasn't it would be an hypothesis.

God is the hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I love you

Or maybe it's because the ability to think critically. logically and by yourself isn't that common.

All of your beliefs are based on a book, mine are based on observation. The thing is, even if everything in the Bible is true I'm still the smart one and you're still the gullible one, because right now your faith is based on nothing other than what a book and other people say. I find that quite funny.

I suppose this thread is evidence of jigger's awesome ability to think critically, logically and BY HIMSELF?

Your beliefs are based on observation of others' reactions, living vicariously are we?

My beliefs are based on experience, but then again, I haven't been relying on an obsolete science book for my world view.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well put.If only everyone(including myself) could be
so eloquant.It can be an interesting discussion if only
people didn't take different points of view so personally

thought it might this time considering the light hearted start.

link   

Originally posted by ANOK

People tend to invoke a scientific explanation (who is funding these) at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality. How 'bout that?

In science for something to be a theory, and not an hypothesis, it must be observable and testable.

So it means evolution is a testable and observable natural occurrence. If it wasn't it would be an hypothesis.

God is the hypothesis.

Shows where you get your information from. Why is God the hypothesis?
How can it be a hypothesis when people won't even bother to see for themselves if God is real because all the other loud mouths tell them that God's imaginary?

link   
reply to post by Wonders

But science is not people just saying things, and expecting people to believe them without evidence.

The scientific process requires theories to be testable and observable.

Are we living in the middle ages still?

Christians accuse others of not understanding scripture, maybe Christians just don't understand science?

The scientific process...

Ask a Question
Do Background Research
Construct a Hypothesis
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

Steps of the Scientific Method

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Shows where you get your information from. Why is God the hypothesis?
How can it be a hypothesis when people won't even bother to see for themselves if God is real because all the other loud mouths tell them that God's imaginary?

Where I get my information from? So where would that be?

God is the hypothesis because it can not be tested and is not observable. How hard is that to understand?

Follow the scientific method, and if you can turn the hypothesis of God into a theory you would probably win a prize.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Logic and 5+ billion other people say there's a God too.

A small minority of close minded ignorant zealots say there definitively is no God.

This is a fallacy, because you're basically saying, many people believe it, so therefore it must be true. Secondly, all 5 billion people do not believe in the same God, so how is this beneficial to you?

People tend to invoke a religious explanation at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality.

People tend to invoke a scientific explanation (who is funding these) at the limits of their knowledge due to the number of unknowns in their immediate reality.
How 'bout that?

It is a fact. Evolution does occur. Allelic frequencies in populations do change over time and this is the definition of evolution. Theories go about explaining the processes that change allelic frequencies.

Invoking, as in using the proper methodology to explain natural phenomena? What's wrong with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join