It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Atheists Given Up Here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
LOL I noticed a few recent threads of religious fanatics with no Atheists arguing their point. Have we given up? Are these zealots too far gone to be saved from looking foolish?

I have a question for them. Oh, I know there's no getting through to them, but I'd love to see their responses.

First, a little story: God is riding on a flying unicorn to get to the pots of gold at the end of rainbows before the Leprechauns can snatch them up and hide the gold in a dragon's lair.

Question: Which character(s) in that story is real, and which ones aren't real. On those you claim to be unreal, please prove it. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

How come Jesus can't eat Skittles?

......Wait for it.....................

Because they fall through his hands.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Perhaps as the time comes closer some start to feel the truth and doubt themselves. Others will backtrack without their fellowship.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Problem's faith is blinding, and often stronger than facts and logic.

As for your question, I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone who can prove something doesn't exist, zealot or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine
Problem's faith is blinding, and often stronger than facts and logic.

As for your question, I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone who can prove something doesn't exist, zealot or not.

I know!
But, the religious are always demanding that atheists prove that their god doesn't exist. Just thought I'd give the question back to them. :-P

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Most of the time it's like arguing with a toddler putting their fingers in their ears and screaming "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU", with ridiculous counter arguments, a complete absence of logic and a frustrating ignorance of anything scientific.

What's the point, there's always going to be stupid people on the internet.
edit on 14-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by jiggerj

How come Jesus can't eat Skittles?
......Wait for it.....................
Because they fall through his hands.

That's just wrong!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neolxs
Perhaps as the time comes closer some start to feel the truth and doubt themselves. Others will backtrack without their fellowship.

I missed something. Time comes closer to what?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
IMO only people unsure about their faith attempt to legitimize or convert others to it.

The more you get blue in the face about somebody challenging your faith, the more likely you are to challenge it yourself.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
LOL I noticed a few recent threads of religious fanatics with no Atheists arguing their point. Have we given up? Are these zealots too far gone to be saved from looking foolish?

I have a question for them. Oh, I know there's no getting through to them, but I'd love to see their responses.

First, a little story: God is riding on a flying unicorn to get to the pots of gold at the end of rainbows before the Leprechauns can snatch them up and hide the gold in a dragon's lair.

Question: Which character(s) in that story is real, and which ones aren't real. On those you claim to be unreal, please prove it. Thanks!

I have one for you.

There is a digital flying unicorn connection for your computer that is 100,000 times faster than wifi and all you need to do is hit F7 three times to get connected. As for God, compare Him to wifi. We can't see it and most of us don't know how the protocol works, yet we have faith it is there connecting us to the hub because it is evident. Not only this, but we can demonstrate the fact by the wireless connection we get on our laptops. Compare this to the believer's connection to God. The connection is obvious and the results speak for themselves. History demonstrates what is unseen and the signs that God is there are all around us if we are properly connected. The signal is always good and anyone with faith can attest to what is received.

The password is FAITH and the SSID is JESUS.

edit on 14-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm sensing boredom

But hell i'll bite.i don't understand why people try and talk about 'religion'.I was always told it's
rude.Mainly i think cause i tend to offend people on this subject,that and it's a personal subject,
i'm kinda hoping your drunk so it really doesn't matter what i say.

but god is the 'real' character,as for proving it..If you can tell me how to prove a personal perspective
then i'll try...

that said my idea of god is the energy we have yet to quantify.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by jiggerj

I have one for you.

There is a digital flying unicorn connection for your computer that is 100,000 times faster than wifi and all you need to do is hit F7 three times to get connected. As for God, compare Him to wifi. We can't see it and most of us don't know how the protocol works, yet we have faith it is there connecting us to the hub because it is evident. Not only this, but we can demonstrate the fact by the wireless connection we get on our laptops. Compare this to the believer's connection to God. The connection is obvious and the results speak for themselves. History demonstrates what is unseen and the signs that God is there are all around us if we are properly connected. The signal is always good and anyone with faith can attest to what is received.

The password is FAITH and the SSID is JESUS.

edit on 14-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

I can undeniably prove that my WIFI exists.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Speaking as a person of faith, what exactly is the point of fighting about it? I believe in God; I don't care if you believe what I do or not. Atheists don't believe in God; they don't care if I disbelieve or not. I cannot provide undeniable proof that God exists, and Atheists can't provide proof that God doesn't exist. We have a stalemate friends!

Besides, seems like with everything going on in the world right now we have other issues to ponder on. Issues of faith will always be there- so we can battle it out at some later time!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever been to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....
Can anyone give me valid evidence that Satanism is a bunch of nonsense? No? Hmm.....
Is it possible that "christians" are picked on the most because some "athiests" think that "christians aren't supposed to hurt other people's feelings"? like a child banging on a fish tank

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

their really good at hiding.

i looked for them once..honest i did, seems they get some weird active results.

But alas not a satanist to be found

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you ever went to a group of satanists to make fun of their beliefs? No? Hmm....

Who said he's gone to a group of anyone to make fun of them? Satanism is just as ridiculous and there's exactly the same amount of evidence to back it up as any religion.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Psalm 14:1-7

King James Version (KJV)

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Because arguing is getting your point across logically.'

Belief is not logical its believing what ever you want to how obscure or anti logical it is you still your belief in that object or story.

So logical people V people with belief is like arguing with a brick wall not matter what evidence you show them they don't care because that is not what they believe..

That is why I think most Atheists give up. Its a pointless argument to have.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by jiggerj

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Psalm 14:1-7

King James Version (KJV)

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Oh, the book says there is a god. That's settled then.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Excellence,

Godly Wisdom perseveres,

The foolishness of worldly people compared to the Wisdom of Godly men is evident as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join