It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has there ever been a rogue mod?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Moulin Rogue

On a slightly more serious note, if any member does suspect (or downright believe) they are dealing with a rogue mod (i.e., a moderator acting in violation of the terms & conditions or otherwise abusing the position), it's worth remembering that everything received via the Complaint/Suggestion feature is visible to all members of the staff. That's also true of staff actions like post removals, thread moves and the like.

The upshot being if a mod is acting improperly, it's easy for us to see, hard to cover up, and something every member of the staff knows is not a recipe for a long and happy career.

There are invariably differences of opinion about what sorts of things warrant staff action (for more on that, see Why Me?), which can lead to allegations that a mod has acted improperly.

Although most complaints along those lines are, frankly, not valid (i.e., one or more clear violations by the complainant were involved), we know we're all human, and like anyone else, mods can make bad calls. When that happens, we do our best to make things right. If it becomes a pattern, well, that's already come up.

Anyway, I just thought I should throw in my two horseshoes on the subject, and also make sure all members know that on those unfortunate occasions when things do go wrong, we can all rest assured it's probably semper's fault.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
yes i get it i spelled it wrong now can a mod fix the headline spelling mistake,
sorry for the spelling mistake hate wen that happens knocks my confidence i find words hard as it is

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't know about mods, but during the regents election (non-staff, it was a "fun" thing we did), my buddy, and the winner, Neno definitely went "rouge"

We even have pics!!!

...not sure I should post them here, so I won't

~Vice-Regent Chiten

edit on 16-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
yes i get it i spelled it wrong now can a mod fix the headline spelling mistake,
sorry for the spelling mistake hate wen that happens knocks my confidence i find words hard as it is

But....but..... the mispelling made a LOT of people HAPPY!!!

Even though it may not seem like it, it was a really GOOD THING!

Thanks for the enjoyment and we all realize that typos are easy to make. We don't think any less of you in any way, shape or form due to the typo and have really enjoyed the "rouge" thing

It also brought a lot of attention to the issue and gave us some great answers between our silliness from the mods about situations that may occur. Even though it was unintentional, it actually got a lot more attention to the topic than otherwise would have been given.

I would like to thank your subconscious for making the small error that has brought a lot of laughter and levity to a very serious issue

edit on 16-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Please don't take it hard. It's all in good fun. Believe me, that's a very common spelling error.

I like the original "rouge" in the title.

Nobody here is perfect, and nobody needs to be. Except maybe...

You get the idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Heck that makes even me feel bad. It's ok. We were all just kidding. I wrote a thread about Jesse Ventura's show yesterday and just realized this morning I spelled it "Ventura'a". We all make mistakes. No big deal.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We had one who was defrocked and banned around 2005 for pulling pranks on the membership (and he then tried to pull a much larger prank that blamed me for nastiness against a competing site). And we had another not long after that who was banned for taking action against members who said anything negative about Israel. Moderate digging would likely uncover both.

Those are the two who could be classified as "rouge."

Defrocked hahaha SO.

Which ordained one does this defrocking? Or do you all conspi .. . I mean vote to defrock
Or is it whomever draws the short straw is the dreaded defrocker?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Haven...would that I could give you 10 flags, and 100 stars for starting this thread, with your innocent typo. It's been fun, informative, and a peek into the inner workings of my favorite site on the web. Don't go putting yourself down in any way...it's been a joy and pleasure playing on your thread.....

Des

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Haven...would that I could give you 10 flags, and 100 stars for starting this thread, with your innocent typo. It's been fun, informative, and a peek into the inner workings of my favorite site on the web. Don't go putting yourself down in any way...it's been a joy and pleasure playing on your thread.....

Des

yup i agree !
wouldnt have been the same if you had correctly spelled it right
thats why your thread have now 6 page of replies and soon to reach 10 flags
the mistake you did .. made it simple to others to answer the thread
while laughing a bit on the side

wish you can bring back your mistake to "rouge"
i see it has been changed to "rogue" now
the lucky charm is gone

Rouge mean Red in french
sometimes its good to see a bit of french around on ATS (my native language)
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Since this new fashion and appearance forum has opened

Mods....

Are khaki pleated pants in or out this coming spring?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'd like to start a petition to change the OP Title back to the original spelling.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
I'd like to start a petition to change the OP Title back to the original spelling.

I second that, and would give you a star if I could. How fun, can "business," be?

The OP did a great job in bringing levity out in a lot of us, and this thread was fun.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Since this new fashion and appearance forum has opened

Mods....

Are khaki pleated pants in or out this coming spring?

I'm no Mod or fashionista, but I'd say yes, because they are always in style. However this year, your pleats must be in the middle of the leg over the knee, to draw attention to your rogue on your cheeks.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is a bit on topic.

The other day, my son (age 9) came out of his bedroom in a bathrobe with a toy gun. He flipped over the couch and then "shot me".

When I asked what he was doing, he said (and I quote)

"I'm a robe cop."

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This is a bit on topic.

The other day, my son (age 9) came out of his bedroom in a bathrobe with a toy gun. He flipped over the couch and then "shot me".

When I asked what he was doing, he said (and I quote)

"I'm a robe cop."

Dammit Beezer, put some rouge on that Hobamillay face of yours. You are freaking some of us out!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

This blasted avi has garnered more attention than anything I've written lately.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Am I the only former mod that didn't get banned?? LOL.. For those who don't know I was a mod here for quite a while and even spear-headed some of our forums Ancient and Lost Civs just to name one.

My schedule and family time prevented me from being able to give the necessary time to ATS.

I don't think I would have ever been considered a rogue mod...lol

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

... to draw attention to your rogue [color=Magenta]rough on your cheeks.

I fixed it for you. I think it got changed around p4.

edit on 17/11/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

reply to post by Sissel

Dammit Beezer, put some rouge rough [color=Magenta]robe on that Hobamillay face of yours.

Looks like one has to be on the ball around here.

p.s. haven123 - just having a bit of fun. Your thread is

edit on 17/11/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join