It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi Hearings to be Behind Closed Doors!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, looks like we will never get to know what really happened in Benghazi other than from the lying spin machines and disinfo agents. The hearings will be closed. I always thought that when it came down to the nitty gritty those hearings would never be open. There will be discussions of clandestine operations and those are never open to the public.

I came across this little snippet while reading an article on possible replacements for the DOD, State, and CIA positions.

The process has become further complicated by congressional ire over not being told that Petraeus was under FBI investigation, on top of what are likely to be contentious closed-door hearings this week over administration actions surrounding the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

link

edit on 12-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is a Senate inquiry that you are talking about.

The Democratic Party controlled Senate.

That would be why it will be behind closed doors. That is also why Petraeus won't be testifying.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No Petraeus wont be testifying because he is the center of investigation. Also his mistress was caught with classified documents in her email account. i just found out about that tid bit on cnn. Fbi was investigating the couple all summer long.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

As much as you want to make it a partisan issue the bottom line is they are not going to be talking about their Benghazi operations out in the open where the whole world will know. There was a CIA operation taking place that they were trying the whole time to keep on the downlow

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too worried that the sessions are "closed door", for me that let's me know that this is a very serious deal, with potential national security implications..

While the Senate is controlled by Democrats, and is chaired by Sen Feinstein, there is plenty of Republicans on that committee..

www.intelligence.senate.gov...

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, and thank them for finally taking this issue up.

I wish it was earlier, and am still outraged by how the Administration handled the Benghazi attack, but I still have hope that these folks will tackle this seriously...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Wait and see if Petraeus doesn't get subpoenaed to testify before some House committees, where the Republicans run the show.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
it should be behind closed doors

i wouldnt stand for media spin and comments taken out of context

im sure they will do the right thing

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by butcherguy

As much as you want to make it a partisan issue the bottom line is they are not going to be talking about their Benghazi operations out in the open where the whole world will know. There was a CIA operation taking place that they were trying the whole time to keep on the downlow
I am not making it a partisan issue, the two parties are doing that.

Did you watch the hearing in the House? Dennis Kucinich was the only Democrat that didn't play footsies with the people that were being questioned.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
im sure he will have his day in the hot seat.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
After the debacle with the house hearing I'm glad to see the senate using their brain.

No one should be suprised by this, especially after the secret CIA annex was confirmed to exist.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

LOL Don't worry. There will be leaks by "people in the know" and of course "anonymous" to all the pundits on those conservative entertainment stations. They will talk of nothing else.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When covert ops go bad, particularly CIA ones, most of the hearings are behind closed doors. Or at the very least some of the testimony is...er 9/11 Commission.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, there are closed hearings and then there are closed hearings. I didn't catch by the link which type of a hearing this is? The truly secret ones where leaks are almost zero are where even staffers are barred and it's members only for whichever side it's with. If it's the routine variety the public is simply blocked out of, then there are plenty of 'I dunno who did it' people around to never know who leaked what and we'll all know the high points soon enough. At least I'd hope it works like it generally always has. (crosses paws in hope)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Feinstein is acting like a Woman scorned, being not notified about the FBI investigation. She is not one to be trifled with.

I do have some hope for this investigation. Plus, this WH leaks like a sieve.....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah closed doors neither Clinton or Patreaus will be there, and the administration covering up the fact there were detainees in Benghazi and those 4 Ameircans were left for dead to cover up the fact that it was illegal considering the EO in 2009 that supposedly made detention and rendition "illegal".

Closed door hearings people another win for the "most transparent administration in US history'.

The most corrupt one.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Explanation: LMAO! :shk:

Sorry to burst that bubble ...but in a vacuum of info we, on ATS, will be forced to speculate completely wildly and so it doesn't matter what happened ... what matters is what is going to happen.

Personal Disclosure: I speculate that the honeypot trap is a female mossad spy.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

here's all I get from the committee site:

Hearing/Meeting: Closed Hearing: Intelligence Matters
Closed

Date & Time Thursday, November 15, 2012
2:30 PM
Location Hart 219

I guarantee you that Feinstein is going to raise hell... considering she wasn't informed of the Petraeus mess being discovered awhile ago... she won't be the only one..

This may be one of those deals that has the Legislative branch flexing their muscles, especially if the Executive branch has withheld info..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thanks for that. Indeed, I recall her being reported the day the resignation broke as saying Obama shouldn't have taken the resignation. It's part of why I've thought this smelled bad from day 1. Of all the people who should have known, she should have given her committee positions and seniority. The FBI spying on the CIA and all directed from the White House? She just won re-election too. She will literally outlast Obama in office with her 6 year term and is 79 years old. She's got nothing to lose..... Definitely not one to scorn, IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I hope that you are right.
If Sen. Feinstein came out after the hearings and held a newser to give the administration a good tongue-lashing, I would grow immense respect for her.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Here's the Sens appearance on Fox News Sunday.. I will let you decide if she is a bit miffed..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join