It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi Hearings to be Behind Closed Doors!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I hope that you are right.
If Sen. Feinstein came out after the hearings and held a newser to give the administration a good tongue-lashing, I would grow immense respect for her.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

I moved from the San Fran Bay area 15 years ago, to my little rural mountain home. Feinstein was/is a major political throne holder...you haven't seen her pissed yet....I have....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I really hope that you too are right.

I would love to see her opt for truth over party loyalty.

However, I am a cynic.... grown with the manure of seemingly inevitable disappointment.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I just got done listening to the whole thing and it's interesting. I'd say she sounds....determined. She's a professional politician of course and I recall her from about the time I was voting the first time and just leaving California. lol... I don't know if she really ever gets worked up, but she sounded very sure she was going to find out what happened.

At the very least, I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall for that inquiry, as she clarified. CIA's going to have a real bad day I'm thinking. Closed door in this case means she can make their day all the worse too. I wouldn't say it means anything is better for them in the bargain.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Destinyone

I really hope that you too are right.

I would love to see her opt for truth over party loyalty.

However, I am a cynic.... grown with the manure of seemingly inevitable disappointment.

She is, what's the word I'm looking for...tenacious.

One thing I'd love to see before I die...a cat fight between Pelosi and Feinstein...that would be something....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Broadwell just had home searched by FBI.

www.newsobserver.com...=rss

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

At the very least, I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall for that inquiry, as she clarified.

No doubt... the only portion of the interview that I saw as political was Sen Feinstein saying the administration's shifting account on the attack wasn't political..

She was very focused on not passing judgement before the hearing on every other inquiry, yet she was adamant in that answer.

But that's politics and the elections are over, she along with Chambliss, and the House intel committee top two, aren't going to like being out of this Petraeus loop...

Like I said earlier, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now... awaiting fireworks later..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is why she lawyered up today. I think someone's career is at the beginning of the end. She has pissed someone off. Thanks for the news!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Feinstein is acting like a Woman scorned, being not notified about the FBI investigation. She is not one to be trifled with.

I do have some hope for this investigation. Plus, this WH leaks like a sieve.....

Des

I don't know Destinyone her trail is pretty slimy:

Feinstein supported the Iraq war resolution in the vote of October 11, 2002; she has claimed that she was misled by President Bush on the reasons for going to war. However, former UN Weapons Inspector in Iraq Scott Ritter has stated that Feinstein in summer 2002 acknowledged to him that she knew the Bush administration had not provided any convincing intelligence to back up its claims about the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.[1]

In May 2007, Feinstein voted for an Emergency Supplemental Appropriations bill, which continued to fund the Iraq occupation without a firm timetable for withdrawal. The Senator said "I am deeply disappointed that this bill fails to hold the President accountable for his Administration's flawed Iraq War policy. The American people have made their voices clear that there must be an exit strategy for Iraq. Yet this President continues to stubbornly adhere to more of the same."[3]

In August 2007, Feinstein joined Republicans in the Senate in voting to modify the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) by narrowing the scope of its protections to sharply alter the legal limits on the government's ability to monitor phone calls and email messages of American citizens.[5] Feinstein voted to give the attorney general and the director of national intelligence the power to approve international surveillance of the communications of Americans entirely within the executive branch, rather than through the special intelligence court established by FISA. Many privacy advocates have decried this law and Senator Feinstein's vote in favor of it.[6] In February 2008, Feinstein joined Republicans in the Senate in voting against removing the provisions which provided immunity from civil liability to electronic communication service providers for certain assistance (most notably, access without warrants to fiber-optic cables carrying bulk transmissions for the purposes of interception and monitoring) provided to the Government.[7]

Feinstein was the original Democratic cosponsor of a bill to extend the USA PATRIOT Act. In a December 2005 statement, Senator Feinstein stated, "I believe the Patriot Act is vital to the protection of the American people."[8]

In 2010 Dianne Feinstein voted in favour of unilateral US censorship of the Internet by voting in favour of COICA.[22] Also in 2010, Dianne Feinstein said in reference to Cablegate, "Whoever released this information should be punished severely."[23]

The first week of June 2012, Senator Feinstein spoke with anger about the "avalanche of leaks" occurring in relation to U.S. intelligence affairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

That last line is a red flag. Wasn't this around the time the FBI started investigating the emails?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I'm not here to debate her voting record. I'm only relating from being a long time resident of San Fran Bay Area, and knowing her feisty nature when she feels she's been slighted, that I think she's not going to slither away from a confrontation on this issue.

Des

edit on 12-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
More detailed information on the hearings, that I missed last night..

www.intelligence.senate.gov...

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today announced hearings into the circumstances—including the intelligence and security situation—surrounding the recent terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, and the intelligence and security situation in other Arab Spring countries.

The committee will hold a closed oversight hearing on Thursday, November 15, with additional hearings to follow.

To facilitate this review, the committee has already received initial briefings and is examining relevant information and documents. In order to fully understand the events surrounding the September 11 attack and to help improve intelligence capabilities, the U.S. response to events on the ground, and the security of U.S. facilities in the region, the committee’s review is focused on:

The intelligence collection and threat reporting relating to Libya and other Middle East countries prior to the September 11 attack, how and when that information was disseminated, and what actions were taken in response;

What is now known about the events of September 11, who was responsible for the attack, and what efforts are being made to find and hold those responsible to account;

The Intelligence Community’s collection capabilities in the Middle East and North Africa, to include the levels of funding and availability of intelligence personnel with language and other skills necessary to operate in that part of the world; and

The level and adequacy of security at the State Department and other U.S. government facilities in the Middle East and North Africa, and whether current arrangements for providing security at these facilities are appropriate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join