It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Racial-Preferences; Business, school, employers, etc watch out he is coming after you!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The re-election of Obama has produced an administration that has nothing to lose now.

Combine that with the raving jealousy that plagues many Cabinet Secretaries and underlings, and we will see an onslaught of regulations and possible "over enforcements" on all fronts.

They will take everything right up to the edge of being illegal.

They will do it anyway and let the courts sort it out later, after the "damage" is done.

Watch for the heaviest focus to be in areas that have the Least Positive Impact on the majority of Americans.

They have plenty of professional advice to help them divert from the genuine issues.

I think there will be much to sort out after he leaves in 4 years. I just hope we can sort it out before we crash and burn.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

To add guess all those "enlightened voters" just forgot to vote the GOP out of power in the House at the time they re-elected those who supposedly stands for "equal rights".

Yes...after the 2010 census and the GOP redistricting across the country in the once a decade opportunity at "Gerryandering" to try and secure thier "permanent majority" plus the largest expenditure on congressional campaigns by a political party in the history of the world...they lost 1 seat.

What's going to save them in two years?

What's intereesting is that MORE people voted for Democratic Representitives than GOP...if not for Gerrymandering the GOP would have lost the majority...but even the redistricitng is temporary as the tide is changing for them.

This was the first congressional election using the congressional districts that were apportioned based on the 2010 Census. Elections were held for all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives. Elections were also held for the delegates from the District of Columbia and five major U.S. territories.

Although House Democrats won a narrow plurality of the popular vote, House Republicans were still able to retain a majority.

en.wikipedia.org...

So NO...voters did not opt to let the GOP hold Majority in the House...The majority of voters voted against the GOP in the house holding power, but thanks to the GOP carving up representitives districts where maps look like the most insane puzzle pieces you ever saw...they managed to hold on by thier fingernails...unfortunately for the GOP, that narrow grasp is slipping by pure force of evolution...they can only skew the tables in thier favor once every 10 years and in 2014 they can't carve up the voting populace again.

I know that is a lot of facts and basic math and stuff and that the far right isn't a fan of such things...facts all the same.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith
When you are going to quote me or the external content, make sure you use it all or it makes no sense to use it all. You left out this part.

Lord help me...Your very premise that the Obama adminsitration is suddenly inventing a "dubious" legal concept to favor black Americans is ALL ABOUT lack of context...or exploiting LACK OF CONTEXT.

Disparate Impact??? Effen Brown vs. the Board of Education!!! The effen Black Farmers who were denied loans while thier white counterparts were showered in gov. loans during the 70's and 80's...this is NOT NEW...it is only CONVENIENT now that thier is a BLACK PRESIDENT TO pretend it is some new "dubious" race adenda.

Whether it be Fox News or the OP that cites it...it remains BS...it remains Race Baiting...If you are going to post an OP...OWN the OP...RESEARCH IT...Otherwise you are simply a pawn of FOX NEWS...living on BS mountain and encouraging people to hate based on race.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yes...after the 2010 census and the GOP redistricting across the country in the once a decade opportunity at "Gerryandering" to try and secure thier "permanent majority" plus the largest expenditure on congressional campaigns by a political party in the history of the world...they lost 1 seat.

Want to try agian?

Utah's congressional delegation is calling President Obama's decision to move the U.S. census into the White House a purely partisan move and potentially dangerous to congressional redistricting around the country. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

What's going to save them in two years?

Simple fact midterms do not have the same turnout as the presidential elections.

What's intereesting is that MORE people voted for Democratic Representitives than GOP...if not for Gerrymandering the GOP would have lost the majority...but even the redistricitng is temporary as the tide is changing for them.

Just pay no never mind to the 8 million votes the current potus lost since 2008

So NO...voters did not opt to let the GOP hold Majority in the House...The majority of voters voted against the GOP in the house holding power, but thanks to the GOP carving up representitives districts where maps look like the most insane puzzle pieces you ever saw

Blah blah blah the Right won historic wins in the House and Govenors in 2010 they won in Wisconsin, and they still hold the house.

I really do love the spin tho.
edit on 12-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Oh Neo...even now you are clinging to BS Mountain aka Fox News...every story they post like this can be disassembled by it's BS. It is actually to easy...do you want to try google and research...or should I? I'll leave this one up to you...where does Fox fail on the BS meter above? Want me to show you?

Did you watch Fox News election night? I did...it was amazing to see a year's worth of BS crumble in one night.

Blah blah blah the Right won historic wins in the House and Govenors in 2010 they won in Wisconsin, and they still hold the house.

I really do love the spin tho.

Yah...Keep looking off in the distance dreamily remembering 2010....2012 just handed the GOP an ass kicking and 2014 is on the way.

Predictions by the right wing about 2014 and voter turnout? How did that nonsense work out for them a week ago? Cuz I rememebr Karl Rove on election night looking like he had made a mess in his shorts and was to embarrassed too stand up and leave.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wage and hiring disparities still exist for minorities. I don't see the problem in fixing them unless...

edit on 11/12/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

When you are going to quote me or the external content, make sure you use it all or it makes no sense to use it all. You left out this part.

Lord help me...Your very premise that the Obama adminsitration is suddenly inventing a "dubious" legal concept to favor black Americans is ALL ABOUT lack of context...or exploiting LACK OF CONTEXT.

Seriously, it says minorities. Last time I checked blacks are not minorities anymore.

Disparate Impact??? Effen Brown vs. the Board of Education!!! The effen Black Farmers who were denied loans while thier white counterparts were showered in gov. loans during the 70's and 80's...this is NOT NEW...it is only CONVENIENT now that thier is a BLACK PRESIDENT TO pretend it is some new "dubious" race adenda.

During those times I wasn't an adult to be able to vote or make changes in America. That is one of the problems with racism today is this. WHAT ONE ANCESTOR DONE TO ANOTHER ANCESTOR has nothing to do with us today. Yes, it happened. Do I condone it? No! Do I think it was fair? No! Can I go back and change it? No!

Once again he is NOT a BLACK president. He is multiracial, white and black. Why can't you accept that?

What did Obama do during the past 4 years that is so great for you? He managed to do nothing for the people he promised. He was voted back in for the simple fact that people want everything for free.

Whether it be Fox News or the OP that cites it...it remains BS...it remains Race Baiting...If you are going to post an OP...OWN the OP...RESEARCH IT...Otherwise you are simply a pawn of FOX NEWS...living on BS mountain and encouraging people to hate based on race.

Your opinion, see my last post to you and the rest is blah, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Oh Neo...even now you are clinging to BS Mountain aka Fox News...every story they post like this can be disassembled by it's BS. It is actually to easy...do you want to try google and research...or should I? I'll leave this one up to you...where does Fox fail on the BS meter above? Want me to show you?

Yep there is some BS in this thread but hey who really cares right?

online.wsj.com...

Yah...Keep looking off in the distance dreamily remembering 2010....2012 just handed the GOP an ass kicking and 2014 is on the way.

Whatever winning by 2 million votes and losing 8 million votes is not an arse kicking.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reply to Indigo5

I borrowed this from Quadrivium, it pretty much sums it up. Just in case you don't get my last post.

From Post of Quadrivium

Sadly many will not see this for what it really is.
This is yet another way for the Dems to get their hooks into even more minorities. There by moving them a little further onto the Federal plantation.
If they were not SO blinded, they would be able to see what is actually happening to minorities in this country.
As for Obama? He may be black(ish) on the outside but on the inside is his "RACIST WHITEY" half.

edit on 12-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It'll probably scare companies and colleges again like Affirmative Action did in the 90's.en.wikipedia.org...
Stir up some more Reverse Discrimination.
Example : I got approached at work after being there for 5 yrs about disclosing my race. The company wanted to document any existing minorities to show how diverse the company was. I play along said they could put me down as Asian (I'm 1/2) since they weren't very diverse. Within 1 year they hired a whole slew of minorities just to balance out their figures. I was only disappointed by the fact that I saw a lot of the candidates and saw some that were more qualified get passed over because they weren't a minority. It's just sad when politics interferes with these issues, they make it worse not better.

edit on 11/12/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Wage and hiring disparities still exist for minorities. I don't see the problem in fixing them unless...

edit on 11/12/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

Who really is the minority anymore? That could also depend on what state you live in, what county, what town, what city, not just the USA in general. I am all for people who deserve or who have the education to have equal rights in jobs and wages. Do I think it is fair to put one race higher up without working for it? No, I don't! It is not fair for any race. To give someone something for free, only makes them more dependent on the government. Which in return only creates a circling affect. It never ends.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if guidelines are set according to the census ??

Of the total U.S. population in 2010 of just under 309 million people, 231 million were white, or almost 75%. A decade earlier, the white population was about 217 million, or 77% of the almost 282 million total then.

In addition, the white population grew at a slower rate -- 6% -- over the past decade than the total population, which increased by almost 10%, according to census officials.

Much of the 14 million increase in the white population -- 74% -- involved whites of Hispanic origin, as the census distinguished Hispanic ethnicity from race. For example, respondents could identify themselves as white Hispanics, black Hispanics or as Hispanics in any of the other racial categories.

Meanwhile, the number of whites not identified as Hispanics also increased in total from 195 million in 2000 to about 197 million in 2010 but decreased as a percentage of the total population, from 69% in the previous census to 64% in last year's survey.

White U.S. population grows but drops in overall percentage

Ethnic groups

white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)
note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.); about 15.1% of the total US population is Hispanic

United States Demographics Profile 2012

What do they do when a Chinese restaurant "must" hire accordingly ?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well actually, the way I read it, affirmative action negatively affects white people. So, I guess that would be illegal under these rules?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
So basically if blacks get turned down for more loans because they dont pay their bills, the bank is racist.

Makes perfect sense in Obama's America.

We saw what happens when credit scores and income are taken out of the equation. Back when Barney Frank and crew said it is EVERY American's right to own a house they pushed loans to many who never, ever could afford those loans and the housing market crashed.

Now it seems they want to ignore credit liabilities once again. I can see it now....2 trillion gets put on credit in a very short period of time, and none of it is paid off from people with nothing to lose...the credit industry crashes and gets huge bailouts....

It sucks I can't play too with a 830 credit rating....

edit on 12-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For all of you who think this is a grand idea....
It is really simple. You can blame the "angry racist whites" until you are blue in the face, that does not change a couple of undeniable facts.

1. Blacks are overwhelmingly democrats, so when did this big shift happen? At the time of the New Deal in the '30s a good number switched from republican to democrat.
Then in the '60's there was another landslide of blacks to democrats.
Since the '60's the black family has been destroyed by democrats. Over 70% of black children are born to single family homes.

2. Most white people are conservative. Conservatives understand that the less people that are low income and on government assistance, the lower the taxes will be. Conservatives want people to do good, want people to work and pay their fair share.

You should ask yourself "Where does all of the race baiting come from? Who is always stirring it up and why?"
Democrats or the left if you would prefer.
They do this to keep their base ,low income minorities, upset at the "evil right" That along with promising something for nothing , like the article in the op states, keeps them voting democratic .

If you want to find the true "evil racist" look to the left. That's where they truly are, they are the ones who write these bills that are ultimately aimed at keeping minorities poor and voting for democrats.

Lastly I would like to state one more little fact for those on the left.
We ALL, AS AMERICANS, have equal rights under the law. We are NOT ALL EQUAL in other ways.
I am no good at somethings you may excel at and vice versa. If you are qualified to dig ditches why should you be given a job at a law firm. In essence that is exactly what this is leading to.
Quad

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I haven't voted for a Democrat in a national election since '96. One of the main reasons is the Democratic parties views on affirmative action and race. I'm all for equality of opportunity, but the evidence presented by Democratic policies over the last 20 years is that they care more about equality of outcome, and more importantly trapping a certain segment of the population into dependency on government.

I hate using sports analogies but am about to use one anyway. In any sport are you looking to create a diverse team that reflects the population of the city/state they represent, or are you looking for the best players you can recruit, draft, or hire?

I feel that Democratic policies in a quest for equality are doing a great disservice to the quest for excellence.
edit on 12-11-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I worked on Affirmative Action government reports 20 years ago.

Is this something new?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Me either. I support Affirmative Action.

And I'm as white as you can get.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Is this something new?

Wow! 20 years ago!!! You need to read the whole thread before asking if this is something new!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Is this something new?

Wow! 20 years ago!!! You need to read the whole thread before asking if this is something new!!

How is it new?

First off - - you're source is FOX "entertainment".
edit on 12-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join