Obama and Racial-Preferences; Business, school, employers, etc watch out he is coming after you!!

page: 4
10
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


It's easier to manipulate if we are all divided. Be it race, gender, wealth, political ideology.

It's a damn shame.


Exactly and Obama is working hard on making that happen.




posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The largest benefactor from Affirmative Action is white women. Not to mention affirmative action is a completely voluntary program for private companies. Like Bain didn't have an AA program until after Romney left.

I have yet to see any act that this article is talking about....soooo just more Fox news racial pandering.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Wage and hiring disparities still exist for minorities. I don't see the problem in fixing them unless...





edit on 11/12/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)


Yup


Now if only the equal pay act can be passed for women.....



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
I got approached at work after being there for 5 yrs about disclosing my race. The company wanted to document any existing minorities to show how diverse the company was. I play along said they could put me down as Asian (I'm 1/2) since they weren't very diverse. Within 1 year they hired a whole slew of minorities just to balance out their figures. I was only disappointed by the fact that I saw a lot of the candidates and saw some that were more qualified get passed over because they weren't a minority. It's just sad when politics interferes with these issues, they make it worse not better.

edit on 11/12/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)


Thanks Obnoxiouschick.This pretty much sums it all up. When government interferes with these types of issues, they tend to make it worse not better.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0
 


You are right. Everything the government gets its hands into eventually turns to R.S.
Quad.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
The largest benefactor from Affirmative Action is white women. Not to mention affirmative action is a completely voluntary program for private companies. Like Bain didn't have an AA program until after Romney left.

I have yet to see any act that this article is talking about....soooo just more Fox news racial pandering.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Um, opinions are nice but I would rather see the actual numbers.
Thanks in advance,
Quad.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund
 


No need for an equal pay act.

The pay gap myth has already been debunked countless times.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Just like Bush claims of having collateral after his second term so Obama now have collateral after his second now he can pay back his cronies and friends, just like Bush did.

America the great.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


I find it amazing how Republicans are supposedly racist when the truth is that Democrats are the racists. the GOP Civil Rights Act of 1875 was answered by Democrats by the formation of the KKK. The Civil Rights act was revisited in 1964 under pressure from JFK ( a good man) The Democrat party was against it and Al Gore sr. was filibustering the Bill when JFK was shot effectively ending the filibuster. The most racist POTUS in American history ( Lyndon B. Johnson) used it as a way to control the black community through entitlements. Enslaving the black community to the Democrat party. Through Democrat lies and omission of facts the Democrat Party took credit for the Civil Rights act that the Republican Party was actually formed to ensure the Constitutional Rights of all Americans no matter their race or religion. The Democrats proceeded to control the black communities population through abortion and Planned Parenthood. 13 million blacks since 1974 and 2000 a day presently. The population of the black community is around 13% of the population and should be at least double that today. Republicans embrace equal rights for all races. Just not through entitlements. If the black community really wants equality they should shed the Democrat party who hold them back.


The Civil Rights Act of 1875 (18 Stat. 335-337) was an United States federal law enacted during the Reconstruction Era that guaranteed African Americans equal treatment in public accommodations, public transportation, and prohibited exclusion from jury service.

The drafting of the bill was performed early in 1870 by Senator Charles Sumner with the assistance of John Mercer Langston.[2] The bill was proposed by Senator Sumner and co-sponsored by Representative Benjamin F. Butler, both Republicans from Massachusetts, in the 43rd Congress of the United States in 1870. After five years the act was finally passed by Congress in February of 1875 and signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant on Mar



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I guess the administration totally forgot the words of this guy:





I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.



For all the talk the left does about Dr. King, they certainly do not seem to have taken his words to heart.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by GideonFaith

It shouldn't be about white, black, asian, hispanic, or another race. This was a quote from me it is in this same thread.


It's about representation of a cross section of all Ethnicities.

Which is needed to inspire those of various Ethnicities of the up and coming generation.

I'm 66 - - so I have personal experience of how things were in White Christian Man's world - - - before laws of equality became Federal.

I also live in both SoCA and Arizona. Which is Real Time experience in different attitudes of Equality.


BUt that is part of the problem If we continue to view people by their race rather than as individual people, then we will never become a color blind society.

"If you label me, you negate me." Kierkegaard



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5
 





Oh Neo...even now you are clinging to BS Mountain aka Fox News...every story they post like this can be disassembled by it's BS. It is actually to easy...do you want to try google and research...or should I? I'll leave this one up to you...where does Fox fail on the BS meter above? Want me to show you?


Yep there is some BS in this thread but hey who really cares right?

online.wsj.com...




Wrong...


In fact, the White House has repeatedly denied that it intends to "take" the census "out of the Commerce Department."

In a February 5 statement, White House spokesman Benjamin LaBolt stated only that the White House planned to "return" to the "model" of the "historic precedent for the director of the Census, who works for the commerce secretary and the president, to work closely with White House senior management."

During a February 6 briefing, when asked whether the White House had "moved the control of the Census Bureau into the White House for the purposes of the 2010 census," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs stated: "No ... I think the historical precedent of this is there's a director of the census that works for the Secretary of Commerce, the President, and also works closely with the White House, to ensure a timely and accurate count. And that's what we have in this instance."

Moreover, following Republican outcry concerning the White House's stated intention to "work closely with" the Census Bureau director, LaBolt reportedly said on February 11 that "[t]his administration has not proposed removing the census from the Department of Commerce and the same congressional committees that had oversight during the previous administration will retain that authority."

mediamatters.org...



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


I find it amazing how Republicans are supposedly racist when the truth is that Democrats are the racists. the GOP Civil Rights Act of 1875 was answered by Democrats by the formation of the KKK. The Civil Rights act was revisited in 1964 under pressure from JFK ( a good man) The Democrat party was against it and Al Gore sr. was filibustering the Bill when JFK was shot effectively ending the filibuster. The most racist POTUS in American history ( Lyndon B. Johnson) used it as a way to control the black community through entitlements. Enslaving the black community to the Democrat party. Through Democrat lies and omission of facts the Democrat Party took credit for the Civil Rights act that the Republican Party was actually formed to ensure the Constitutional Rights of all Americans no matter their race or religion. The Democrats proceeded to control the black communities population through abortion and Planned Parenthood. 13 million blacks since 1974 and 2000 a day presently. The population of the black community is around 13% of the population and should be at least double that today. Republicans embrace equal rights for all races. Just not through entitlements. If the black community really wants equality they should shed the Democrat party who hold them back.


The Civil Rights Act of 1875 (18 Stat. 335-337) was an United States federal law enacted during the Reconstruction Era that guaranteed African Americans equal treatment in public accommodations, public transportation, and prohibited exclusion from jury service.

The drafting of the bill was performed early in 1870 by Senator Charles Sumner with the assistance of John Mercer Langston.[2] The bill was proposed by Senator Sumner and co-sponsored by Representative Benjamin F. Butler, both Republicans from Massachusetts, in the 43rd Congress of the United States in 1870. After five years the act was finally passed by Congress in February of 1875 and signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant on Mar

Now that's my kinda post!

I have actually started a couple of threads on this subject. They have the info. you listed and a lot more. If you would like to read them and add anything, u2u me and I will send the links.
The republicans also tried to pass the civil rights act twice in the late 1950's but the dems shot it down. Another little known fact is that if it would not have been for the republicans in 1964, it would not have passed then either.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


The problem is that the Democrat idea of tell a lie enough and it becomes truth gets in the way. I have black friends who know the truth. When they talk to their friends they just get mad and call them liars. The FACT is that the Wig party was split on abolishing slavery. The Republican Party was born to give equal rights to all Americans. The Democrat party started the Civil War because they would not give up their slaves and went south to form the Confederacy. Democrats voted 96% against abolishing slavery. The Republican Party has always stood for equality. Somehow the facts are just not taught nor will they ever be. The Republican Party stands for Constitutional Government and equality for ALL people. Race has nothing to do with it.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec
 


Here, I think you will enjoy these.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No stars or flags please. I just want them for research.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Just like Bush claims of having collateral after his second term so Obama now have collateral after his second now he can pay back his cronies and friends, just like Bush did.

America the great.


Ok
Thank you for posting.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


...
President Obama intends to close "persistent gaps" between whites and minorities in everything from credit scores and homeownership to test scores and graduation rates.

His remedy — short of new affirmative-action legislation — is to sue financial companies, schools and employers based on "disparate impact" complaints — a stealthy way to achieve racial preferences, opposed 2 to 1 by Americans.

Under this broad interpretation of civil-rights law, virtually any organization can be held liable for race bias if it maintains a policy that negatively impacts one racial group more than another — even if it has no racist motive and applies the policy evenly across all groups.


 


this action by the CIC is Socialism in disguise...

not only do we officially have Spanish and English as recognized Languages ...
it is only a matter of time when the Street Language called EUBONICS becomes institutionalized by this pathetic redistribute the wealth/destroy the system CIC


no wonder its up to 20 States that are applying for Secession by the 1st step in the process,, the required 25K per each State in official petition signatures


edit on 13-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


...
President Obama intends to close "persistent gaps" between whites and minorities in everything from credit scores and homeownership to test scores and graduation rates.

His remedy — short of new affirmative-action legislation — is to sue financial companies, schools and employers based on "disparate impact" complaints — a stealthy way to achieve racial preferences, opposed 2 to 1 by Americans.

Under this broad interpretation of civil-rights law, virtually any organization can be held liable for race bias if it maintains a policy that negatively impacts one racial group more than another — even if it has no racist motive and applies the policy evenly across all groups.


 


this action by the CIC is Socialism in disguise...

not only do we officially have Spanish and English as recognized Languages ...
it is only a matter of time when the Street Language called EUBONICS becomes institutionalized by this pathetic redistribute the wealth/destroy the system CIC


no wonder its up to 20 States that are applying for Secession by the 1st step in the process,, the required 25K per each State in official petition signatures


edit on 13-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)


If nothing changes before the next four years is up, I'm scared to see where America will be standing. If America is still standing.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Sorry you didn't got my post, see during a second term of a president acquire what is call "collateral" " the security of majority vote", meaning pay back to those that help get the president in in power again, during this time he gets back to the ones with special bill and executive orders, because laws are a littler bit harder to get in this type of issues in congress.

Bush was very vocal about his collateral acquired during his second term, he payed back private interest, now Obama is to do the same, pay back with favors those that he deem worth of the favors regardless who is step over to do that.

The problem with this is that as usual is winners and losers this time it seems that Racial preferences as you state in your post are the target for favors.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Sorry you didn't got my post, see during a second term of a president acquire what is call "collateral" " the security of majority vote", meaning pay back to those that help get the president in in power again, during this time he gets back to the ones with special bill and executive orders, because laws are a littler bit harder to get in this type of issues in congress.

Bush was very vocal about his collateral acquired during his second term, he payed back private interest, now Obama is to do the same, pay back with favors those that he deem worth of the favors regardless who is step over to do that.

The problem with this is that as usual is winners and losers this time it seems that Racial preferences as you state in your post are the target for favors.



Thank you for breaking that one down. I had several thoughts from the original post. I just wasn't sure what you were meaning to say. I didn't want to quote when I wasn't positive.


I must agree. I'm just scared of what more they will be given. In the end, it's always the taxpayers who are getting screwed.





new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join